Topic Stats

• 7,138 posts
  • 586 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by dudah
  • Topic is favorited by 226 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,199 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1235 (resized).jpg
IMG_1234 (resized).jpg
IMG_1233 (resized).jpg
IMG_1217 (resized).jpg
20190813_172824 (resized).jpg
20190803_052132 (resized).jpg
20190804_130029 (resized).jpg
20190810_152719 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190802_194328 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190831_104258 (resized).jpg
20190811_180226 (resized).jpg
38D534DB-4855-4BA4-B2F7-6CC28DAD4669 (resized).jpeg
BSD WIP 02 (resized).jpg
C92DE705-09B5-42D5-8129-63ACE7094B13 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7138 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 143.
#3151 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Just had my best game ever last week. 3.8b and 45 loops. Previous high was 1.9b.
With lightning flippers.

Great game! I now use regular flippers, but when I had lightning flippers my top two scores where about the same as yours (the best score also doubling the second best).
My best score is now nearly 6B (regular flippers and loose tilt settings). With this setup I often scores billions, and frustrating games are long gone. Still, playing without proper focus, the machine keeps kicking my butt!

#3152 4 years ago
#3153 4 years ago

4.4b last night, my high score, but still stuck on 33 loops.

#3154 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Just had my best game ever last week. 3.8b and 45 loops. Previous high was 1.9b.
With lightning flippers.

Nice! I haven't broken 2b yet.

#3155 4 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Great game! I now use regular flippers, but when I had lightning flippers my top two scores where about the same as yours (the best score also doubling the second best).
My best score is now nearly 6B (regular flippers and loose tilt settings). With this setup I often scores billions, and frustrating games are long gone. Still, playing without proper focus, the machine keeps kicking my butt!

I'm actually going to put regular flippers on it soon. I enjoy it as is, but the rest of the family hates it. Hopefully, they'll enjoy it more with regular flippers.

#3156 4 years ago

You'll see: also with regular flippers is not much easier. Brutal outlanes are still there, unchanged. It just reduces the high number of very frustrating games.
Obviously its amazing very seldom scoring billions, when you usually have lots of very short, terrible, frustrating games. But still it does not counter-balance all the angriness generated by many repeated frustrating plays.

#3157 4 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

You'll see: also with regular flippers is not much easier at all. Brutal outlanes are still there, unchanged. But at least you can save, with skill, many center drains. It just reduces the high number of very frustrating games.
Obviously its amazing very seldom scoring billions, when you usually have lots of very short, terrible, frustrating games. But still it does not counter-balance all the angriness generated by many repeated frustrating plays.

#3158 4 years ago

Looking to buy a nice BSD, if you have a lead please pm me.. Thanks

#3159 4 years ago

2015-11-28_16.51.49_(resized).jpg

#3160 4 years ago

sweet coin door

#3161 4 years ago

Wow! Cool coin door! Did you paint it yourself?

#3163 4 years ago

amazing, wish i had those skilss

#3164 4 years ago

skills lol

#3165 4 years ago

I think this is the first time in my life I have coin for envy. Nice work!

#3166 4 years ago

That coin door looks awesome

#3167 4 years ago

Just finished these for a customer after doing my own set

castle_(resized).jpg

graveyard_(resized).jpg
Notice the crypt windows have been cut out this is for a flickering light mod I developed with dreads mods

village_(resized).jpg
Again this also has the light mod

www.facebook.com/RudeDogg2

#3168 4 years ago

If you are looking for someone local to paint the village plastics. Try www.modfatherpinball.com

#3169 4 years ago
Quoted from RudeDogg1:

Just finished these for a customer after doing my own set
castle_(resized).jpg
graveyard_(resized).jpg
Notice the crypt windows have been cut out this is for a flickering light mod I developed with dreads mods
village_(resized).jpg
Again this also has the light mod
http://www.facebook.com/RudeDogg2

This has become quite the popular thing to do! Looks great.

#3170 4 years ago

I think the villages look great painted, but can you really even notice it when playing? I think the graveyard is a definite upgrade, heck even adding a spotlight on it is an upgrade. But the village and castle not so much, except if painting the village roofs, then that would look great when playing.

#3171 4 years ago

I also recently painted a set for a local pinhead.

Here's my contribution (with inspiration from Mcclad)

20151117_234200_(resized).jpg

20151117_201750_(resized).jpg

20151117_192852_(resized).jpg

#3172 4 years ago

what kind of paint do you use? I was about to do mine but not sure what to use. Also, just clear spray over it?

#3173 4 years ago

Acrylics and yes I use a Matt or a gloss clear over them

#3174 4 years ago

I found another little bug in the software: I disallowed the reflexing system for extra balls. I set the number of loops for extra ball as default (first at 8 ramps, next at +16 ramps). But when I get many ramps in a game (maybe when a new loop record is made?), the extra balls numbers are changed automatically by the software (as in reflexing), although reflexing is off.

#3175 4 years ago

I'm pretty sure this will be my next pin if I can find one somewhat locally.

1 week later
#3176 4 years ago

Does any other vampire on here need one of the A-15646 opto boards? I'm about to order one from John's Arcade in Australia, but it costs $27 to ship one or $27 to ship three, so if anyone else wants one I could ship them from me to you after I get them and everyone could have cheaper shipping

If not, no worries, going to buy one in the next few days one way or another

While I'm at it, does anyone have any detailed playfield tear down pics? I took mine apart and labeled everything carefully, but then of course, the labels got all mixed up :-/

#3177 4 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Does any other vampire on here need one of the A-15646 opto boards? I'm about to order one from John's Arcade in Australia, but it costs $27 to ship one or $27 to ship three, so if anyone else wants one I could ship them from me to you after I get them and everyone could have cheaper shipping
If not, no worries, going to buy one in the next few days one way or another
While I'm at it, does anyone have any detailed playfield tear down pics? I took mine apart and labeled everything carefully, but then of course, the labels got all mixed up :-/

I've got some pics. Not super detailed, but let me know if you need anything specific. Going to be sending my formed plastics to McClad for painting soon, so I'll be in the machine anyway.

#3178 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I've got some pics. Not super detailed, but let me know if you need anything specific. Going to be sending my formed plastics to McClad for painting soon, so I'll be in the machine anyway.

At this point, I need everything.

Actually, along with that, is the long throw opto board easy enough to replace after reassembly has been complete? I'm hoping for a bit of free time to rebuild my machine, but if I need the opto board first, I suppose I should wait a few weeks until I get it...

#3179 4 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

At this point, I need everything.
Actually, along with that, is the long throw opto board easy enough to replace after reassembly has been complete? I'm hoping for a bit of free time to rebuild my machine, but if I need the opto board first, I suppose I should wait a few weeks until I get it...

PM me your email and I'll send what I have to you (mostly top side). I think the opto board is open to the bottom.

#3180 4 years ago

I'm now an owner of a Dracula machine so happy to be in this club
would love to touch up the red (white is now white like most) I LOVE that coin door job too.

5_(resized).jpg

#3181 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

would love to touch up the red (white is now white like most)

quick way until you replace decals (expensive and time consuming) is use a red sharpie marker and take your time do one or two letters and take and break, rinse and repeat.

#3182 4 years ago

Thanks, I have heard of a red paint pen, if such a thing does exist I'll try that for now
You're right about the expense and time consuming, even more so for me as the Aussie Dollar isn't strong against the USD right now

#3183 4 years ago

Any ideas on the right gate opening constantly. I changed optos and got new board and still not holding ball for mist. The mist magnet works perfectly if i hold the ball in .

#3184 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

Any ideas on the right gate opening constantly. I changed optos and got new board and still not holding ball for mist. The mist magnet works perfectly if i hold the ball in .

Make sure the ball is sitting in front of the opto when in the right gate. Sometimes you'll need to bend the ball guide that it's resting on up toward the backbox so that the ball sits higher in the pocket. Sometimes a small piece of foam tape will help.

#3185 4 years ago

On the subject of decals, for those who have bought a new set, which are the best to get?
I see a few options on offer

#3186 4 years ago

This ^^^^, put a "shim" in so the opto registers the ball. Worked on mine

#3187 4 years ago

Shot with my Sony camera at 60fps. Features mist and castle multiballs.

#3188 4 years ago

Thanks Obrien and Jaybird. A little Foam cut at an angle so the ball will sit up higher did the trick.. I probably did not need the new 24 opto board but what the hell it is working now and i am happy.

#3189 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Shot with my Sony camera at 60fps. Features mist and castle multiballs.
ยป YouTube video

Got a bit excited there when I thought that you'd got the RGB LED DMD screen on it (think you're one of the testers that's posted in the thread?). Are you going to test it out?

Edit: wrong one. Was looking at your JP video.

#3190 4 years ago

That's actually a SmartDMD. Think I'll try the PinDMD once kits/parts are officially available.

#3191 4 years ago

I realised later, yeah. I think the PinDMD will look pretty sweet on JP.

1 week later
#3192 3 years ago

As 50 cent would say, you can find me in da club! Stoked for my new pin and have been having a blast even with mist multiball being broken. Had to work on a ton of optos to get her running but I'm just one part on that 24 opto board from having a really nice pin!

#3193 3 years ago

So not sure if this has been discussed before, but Gooterman, here on PS was having Right gate issues. He read schematics and found that the right gate coil uses the Fliptronics board for hold power specifically the C2 cap 100mu. His was missing, upon further investigation, he found that many of the BSD's were sent out with the flipper boards not having this C2 cap. I looked at mine and found that I was also missing my C2 cap and I have always had sparatic right gate issues. Anyone else every here of this or know anything about it?

Bsd_(resized).jpg

#3194 3 years ago

You are definitely on to something. I have had issues with the right gate the entire time I have had this game and replaced everything with no success. In magnet test it pulsates and usually hits the ball before it enters the pocket. My Fliptronics 2 board has no cap at C2. I checked my other Fliptronics 2 games and TZ has no cap there either but CFTBL and FT do. So I swapped out the board from CFTBL and the gate works perfectly. Now I wonder if that board will work okay in CFTBL. Thanks very much for this info, it has been a nagging problem.

#3195 3 years ago

Gotterman said during his research this is the only game that required it, that is why many BSD's slipped through QC without it.

#3196 3 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

So not sure if this has been discussed before, but Gooterman, here on PS was having Right gate issues. He read schematics and found that the right gate coil uses the Fliptronics board for hold power specifically the C2 cap 100mu. His was missing, upon further investigation, he found that many of the BSD's were sent out with the flipper boards not having this C2 cap. I looked at mine and found that I was also missing my C2 cap and I have always had sparatic right gate issues. Anyone else every here of this or know anything about it?

Bsd_(resized).jpg

YES.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-mist-gates-issue

#3197 3 years ago

Nice! Well I never saw your thread before and I am glad to have had this topic back up in my life anyways and it looks like Smiley appreciates it too! So Thanks for figuring this out 4 years ago, my buddy may have read your thread and it (edit for clarification: your original thread) gives credit to my post, that this is a real issue and fix! Love Pinside! can't wait to do my and report results!!!

#3198 3 years ago

Yay! So happy to have that problem fixed. Thanks Guys.

#3199 3 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

Yay! So happy to have that problem fixed. Thanks Guys.

Fish Tales requires that Cap. So you'll need to buy one and solder it into the old board.

#3200 3 years ago

Swapped the board from CFTBL, seems to work fine but only played one game. Do you know if it is required on that game?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Sale Pending!
Fairfield, IA
There are 7138 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 143.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside