IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 224.
#3101 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Oh they are....trust me.
With regular flipper bats, I could get 30 mils fairly regularly.
With lightnings, I think I got it 1x - in almost half a year.

Yep they definitely are and I dont want to get it all the time bc then the game will lose some of the excitement since that is like the wizard mode lol. It a simple game really, but made difficult with shorter flips .

#3104 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Where did you find the blood red lighting flippers? I want I want lol

Blood Redregular, not blood red lightning...

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-20-10110-4B

#3105 8 years ago

Yea I want blood lighting flips but thanks

#3106 8 years ago

"Lightning flippers or bust" is my saying.

#3107 8 years ago

My BSD is missing a long small purple plastic that goes left of the popbumper area, next to the plastic ramp.
Does anyone have a spare for sale ?

#3108 8 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

My BSD is missing a long small purple plastic that goes left of the popbumper area, next to the plastic ramp.
Does anyone have a spare for sale ?

I will check when I get home. If mine is unbroken you can have it.

#3109 8 years ago

I also got my BSD with lightning flippers and initially got used to them. Then changed to regular flippers. It took some games to adjust the shots, but since then I never looked back. The game is so much more fun with regular flippers, and it's still very very tough. I found BSD with lightning flippers stupid hard. And actually my highest score was around 3 billions, but still it took hundreds of game to get a decent play.
Now with regular bats I have a fun, interesting, spectacular game every 7/8 games. And I started enjoying and properly play multiballs and develop strategies to improve multiball scores, keeping 3/4 balls in play for double jackpots, or lock 2 in the castle also for double jackpot (something impossible with lightning flippers, unless very very and purely lucky). I aim now at those targets, and sometimes willingly achieve them. With lightning flippers everything always ended in no time with huge frustration.
This pinball was designed for regular flippers, I have no doubt! And it remains super hard.

#3110 8 years ago

I oftem have problems with the left gate. There is a small piece of iron connecting the gate to the other metal part attracted by the solenoid (see pic, it is resting on the top of the gate), and it often fall, failing to connect the two parts. This piece of iron looks like hand made, but I am not sure. Can you help? Is this the original part? If not, where can I get the original?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3111 8 years ago

Doesn't look original to me. I should know because I was having problems with my left gate not opening up enough when Mist started on the left. Gate wasn't opening high enough. But could accept the ball when fed from the right gate. The ball would make it partly out the left gate and then fall.

Original gate appears to have a hole for securing the spring from the coil bracket. So I used thin solid copper wire and looped it through the small hole in the coil bracket where the spring would secure to, and then looped around the hooked gate left side. So far so good, but I haven't been able to find the original in stock yet.

#3112 8 years ago

Similar situtation like mine then. I checked also the manual, and basically I am missing the spring connecting the bracket to the gate. Probably my gate is also not original, as I do nor see the hole for the spring.
Any idea if somebody is producing parts for the left gate mechanism?

#3113 8 years ago

20151203_192256.jpg20151203_192256.jpg20151203_192151-1.jpg20151203_192151-1.jpg

#3114 8 years ago

I see! Now it's clear. As i supposed, I am missing both the spring and the original gate with the hole for the spring.

#3115 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Similar situtation like mine then. I checked also the manual, and basically I am missing the spring connecting the bracket to the gate. Probably my gate is also not original, as I do nor see the hole for the spring.
Any idea if somebody is producing parts for the left gate mechanism?

Looks like u just need a spring or something to connect it to the coil..

#3116 8 years ago

Thanks bigd and PoMC!

#3117 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

I see! Now it's clear. As i supposed, I am missing both the spring and the original gate with the hole for the spring.

Your gate sld work with that loop on top ...u just need something to connect it to the coil . You have any drop target springs or even a wpc flipper coil return spring may work with some modification

#3118 8 years ago

As I mentioned there is this hand made iron wire bent in a way that connects the two parts. But it's not a great job, and it often detaches from the bracket. So I often have to manually re-set it up over again.

#3119 8 years ago

Maybe with some bending you can make yours work . Gl

#3120 8 years ago

yes, I did it already. It works fine for weeks, but then it's needed to keep adjusting it over the time.
a new original left gate would be better.

#3121 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

yes, I did it already. It works fine for weeks, but then it's needed to keep adjusting it over the time.

This gate is nearly the same thickness as a modern wire coat hanger. If you make your own, you can make it even stronger and the same shape. The only thing you will have to do is enlarge the gate joint holes. I did this for another collectors machine.

#3122 8 years ago

thanks for the suggestion: actually what I have now in my BSD is already pretty similar to what you explained.

#3123 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

This gate is nearly the same thickness as a modern wire coat hanger. If you make your own, you can make it even stronger and the same shape. The only thing you will have to do is enlarge the gate joint holes. I did this for another collectors machine.

Be careful of metals that are magnetic.

#3124 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

I have had my BSD for around 8 years and the gates were pretty much unavailable. These came into Marco's stock about a month ago. Enjoy.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-7065

Screen Shot 2015-12-04 at 10.06.45 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-12-04 at 10.06.45 AM.png

#3125 8 years ago
Quoted from Jigs:

I have had my BSD for around 8 years and the gates were pretty much unavailable. These came into Marco's stock about a month ago. Enjoy.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-7065

WHAAA? They finally remade it?! That's amazing. Everybody on here should buy one. I went through dozens of attempts at making a new one before I got my hands on a stock part.

Also, I'm pretty sure the manual has the wrong spring listed, so keep your eye out for that when ordering.

#3126 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

WHAAA? They finally remade it?! That's amazing. Everybody on here should buy one. I went through dozens of attempts at making a new one before I got my hands on a stock part.
Also, I'm pretty sure the manual has the wrong spring listed, so keep your eye out for that when ordering.

I should've pm'd Luppin first. These may be out of stock by the time he's see's this.

I don't believe the manual is incorrect about the spring, but I've been wrong before. Marco is also the only parts house that has the spring as well.

#3127 8 years ago
Quoted from Jigs:

I should've pm'd Luppin first. These may be out of stock by the time he's see's this.
I don't believe the manual is incorrect about the spring, but I've been wrong before. Marco is also the only parts house that has the spring as well.

That mech has two springs, one near the coil and one that attaches to the gate. I think they have the part numbers swapped - at least in my copy of the manual.

#3128 8 years ago

I just ordered the gate because I also had to order a Maverick ramp, No Fear upper flipper bushing, Maverick decals and a few other things.

#3129 8 years ago
Quoted from Jigs:

Out of stock.

Crazy!

Well, at least nice to hear they re-made it. I will keep it checked to order when it will be back on stock.

Regarding the spring: so which one is the correct one? (I have the second one, looks like original).

#3130 8 years ago

10-120 is the spring

#3131 8 years ago

Got the gate from Marco the other day and might have time to install it tonight. But I have my left gate working well now using a thin copper wire attached to the gate instead of the spring. So might just wait to replace the gate when I get my next parts order and add a few spotlights.

#3132 8 years ago
Quoted from Jigs:

Be careful of metals that are magnetic.

The metal composition in this case had no bearing on the functionality of "Mist Multi-ball".
Balls rolled past well, did not get "stuck", or interfere with the underside magnet mechanism.
It worked, and was cheap when parts were scarce.
If done, use NON-PLATE COATED coat hanger wire, to prevent "flaking".

#3133 8 years ago

Wife agrees that normal flippers are way more fun to play on BSD. She kicked my ass on a few games last night because normal flippers doesn't mean you still can't have fast ball times. Just means you can have more fun with fast ball times. I'd rather she have fun playing a game with me then not wanting to play it.

#3134 8 years ago

BSD with normal flippers is brutal. With lightning flipper is stupid brutal.

#3135 8 years ago

The thing is outlanes are brutal... and over there flippers do not help much.

#3136 8 years ago

Just finished painting the graveyard. That was a b**** to get out! What do you guys think? I was afraid the paint would not glow as much as the "factory painted" job. I was swapping out all the bulbs with leds when I blew a few fuses.. It will be a little while until I get to see it under the new lights..graveyard1.jpggraveyard1.jpg

#3137 8 years ago

graveyard2.jpggraveyard2.jpg

#3138 8 years ago
Quoted from Xtra_Ball:

Just finished painting the graveyard. That was a b**** to get out! What do you guys think? I was afraid the paint would not glow as much as the "factory painted" job. I was swapping out all the bulbs with leds when I blew a few fuses.. It will be a little while until I get to see it under the new lights..graveyard1.jpg

looks awesome!

#3139 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

The thing is outlanes are brutal... and over there flippers do not help much.

Yeah, that's where I lose the ball the most. I like that the lightning flippers force me to use better ball control.

#3140 8 years ago

A ghost in my BSD - a tale (sorry, not a native speaker)

As I mentioned in previous posts, my left gate was broken and is not original: the gate itself and the spring connecting it to the mech that pulls it are handmade, actually instead of the spring there is an handmade iron wire. Yesterday I played few games and in the end the iron wire fell from its working position, so the gate stopped working. When that happen (often!), I have to remove the glass and set up this handmade "harness" over again.

Today something spooky happened. I decided to play a game, by I was lazy and didn't fix the not-working left gate. I just thought: "if I miss the mist ball, I will start the mist multiball anyway (because the left gate will not open). And this is what happened: started Mist, missed the shot to the second ball... so the second ball kept its trip to the left gate.... and.... the gate.... opened!!!! I could not believe my eyes... Dracula's ghost took over my pinball machine!!!

At the end of the game I then decided to inspect what happened... and guess what?.... the iron wire was still lying down from its working position!! So the gate could not work and open!!

Shocked, I tried the magnet test without fixing the handmade harness.... and guess what?... the gate kept opening!!!

There is only one explanation: ghosts do exist, Dracula do exists.. and they are in my BSD!!!

))

...Or maybe there is a scientific explanation...
Is there any pinball scientist with the right theory?

#3141 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

As I mentioned in previous posts, my left gate was broken and is not original: the gate itself and the spring connecting it to the mech that pulls it are handmade, actually instead of the spring there is an handmade iron wire. Yesterday I played few games and in the end the iron wire fell from its working position, so the gate stopped working. When that happen (often!), I have to remove the glass and set up this handmade "harness" over again.
Today something spooky happened. I decided to play a game, by I was lazy and didn't fix the not-working left gate. I just thought: "if I miss the mist ball, I will start the mist multiball anyway (because the left gate will not open). And this is what happened: started Mist, missed the shot to the second ball... so the second ball kept its trip to the left gate.... and.... the gate.... opened!!!! I could not believe my eyes... Dracula's ghost took over my pinball machine!!!
At the end of the game I then decided to inspect what happened... and guess what?.... the iron wire was still lying down from its working position!! So the gate could not work and open!!
Shocked, I tried the magnet test without fixing the handmade harness.... and guess what?... the gate kept opening!!!
There is only one explanation: ghosts do exist, Dracula do exists.. and they are in my BSD!!!
))

That's funny. My guess is magnetism. Your gate has been magnetized to the same pole as the ball/under playfield magnet. When the ball nears the gate, the magnets repel and the gate gets pushed open because of the way it is mounted and the magnet is coming at it from below.

#3142 8 years ago

Added blood flippers last night. Cool effect and looks sharp. Next parts order I will buy black flipper bats so you can't see any of the white flippers since I can use these white bats in another game.

dracula_flippers.jpgdracula_flippers.jpg

#3143 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

That's funny. My guess is magnetism. Your gate has been magnetized to the same pole as the ball/under playfield magnet. When the ball nears the gate, the magnets repel and the gate gets pushed open because of the way it is mounted and the magnet is coming at it from below.

correct, it's magnetism
anyway from my description it was impossibile to tell exactly: actually the iron wire fell down in a way so that when it is attracted by the magnet nearing to the gate, it moves forward and creates a kind of lever pushing the gate up! the funny thing is that after few days it is still consistent! :DD
the only difference with the normal opening is that in this way it opens more abrubtly, literally eating the ball at the last second. It's even better than the original to look at...
Who knows... maybe an idea for a mod.. :DD

#3144 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Added blood flippers last night. Cool effect and looks sharp. Next parts order I will buy black flipper bats so you can't see any of the white flippers since I can use these white bats in another game.
dracula_flippers.jpg

Pretty cool. You can get blood red ones from PPS.

#3145 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

))

It's magnetized...

#3146 8 years ago
Quoted from Xtra_Ball:

Just finished painting the graveyard. That was a b**** to get out! What do you guys think? I was afraid the paint would not glow as much as the "factory painted" job. I was swapping out all the bulbs with leds when I blew a few fuses.. It will be a little while until I get to see it under the new lights..graveyard1.jpg

Looks great. The color choice is excellent and the execution is well done. A big improvement over the stock paintjob.

#3147 8 years ago

I found a rule not mentioned in the Sigma's Guide to BSD by Kevin Martin (BSD rulesheet):

During coffin multiball 2X at the coffin (for spotting two D-R-A-C-U-L-A letters with one shot at the coffin) stays constantly active until 1 ball drains.

This is the behaviour on my machine (revision L-1).

#3148 8 years ago

Just set my loop record to 28 loops, then 30 and now just 33 loops. Trying to break 50 in a game.

#3149 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Just set my loop record to 28 loops, then 30 and now just 33 loops. Trying to break 50 in a game.

Just had my best game ever last week. 3.8b and 45 loops. Previous high was 1.9b.

With lightning flippers.

#3150 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

I found a rule not mentioned in the Sigma's Guide to BSD by Kevin Martin (BSD rulesheet):
During coffin multiball 2X at the coffin (for spotting two D-R-A-C-U-L-A letters with one shot at the coffin) stays constantly active until 1 ball drains.
This is the behaviour on my machine (revision L-1).

I had two coffin mballs today on the same ball and can confirm this as well

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 224.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/63 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.