Topic Stats

• 7,074 posts
  • 582 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by PinballWizard666
  • Topic is favorited by 226 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,164 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

448746-i (resized).jpg
20191201_152342 (resized).jpg
60CB2AC9-FB91-4FF5-BF21-2F0FDEA4EF08 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
3FCBDE80-5B20-4A0E-83E1-7E2F656F7D3D (resized).jpeg
07EB1F94-8220-49F1-827C-7D4F7055A033 (resized).png
45b57485-6e3c-43a4-a4a3-99d7e1b9310b.jpg
IMG_1184 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).JPEG
6A1B4B38-F3E8-4A39-A314-3CC6AB7CA6B2 (resized).jpeg
BB8D3338-DC72-453A-88D0-B443CEA784A8 (resized).jpeg
FB7F8BCC-4D6E-429B-8902-8E0640006127 (resized).jpeg
C3CC27C2-5CC4-4CA2-8E5F-A22E8855EBB5 (resized).jpeg
88F4B865-9ABC-4878-A4AB-1AF4A23A2738 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7074 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 142.
#3051 4 years ago

anyone looking to sell a good condition BSD in PA area let me know. thanks!

#3052 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

That's a pretty good deal. I'd be shocked if it's not already gone.

Really? I thought it was alot but they are impossible to find so who kniws

#3053 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

That's a pretty good deal. I'd be shocked if it's not already gone.

Really? I thought it was alot but they are impossible to find so who knows

#3054 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Really? I thought it was alot but they are impossible to find so who knows

That's the point. NOS with graveyard, too? Check out other repro ramp prices.

#3055 4 years ago

Yea if u really need one than I guess so . It helps that bsd price is going up all the time so now 350 is a deal I guess.

#3056 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea if u really need one than I guess so . It helps that bsd price is going up all the time so now 350 is a deal I guess.

I'm certainly not saying I'd /like/ paying that price, but yeah, if you have to have one.

#3057 4 years ago

Yesterday I got a BSD ! It's the 3rd BSD I being in pinball for about 15 years now..
I had my first BSD for over 10 years. Don't plan on selling this ever
I'm so happy to hear all the sounds and music again.. didn't realize I'd be so happy having one again.

#3058 4 years ago

BSD micro display mod has been added to my website, as well as mezelmods.com

This frame can be used for Scared Stiff and Monster Bash, as well.

#3059 4 years ago

no longer for sale

#3060 4 years ago

Ok guys, got the new 24" opto board installed and seemed to work for about 4 games.. I checked it in switch test and seemed to have lost that opto again. What are the chances that opto just flaked out? Any input?

#3061 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Ok guys, got the new 24" opto board installed and seemed to work for about 4 games.. I checked it in switch test and seemed to have lost that opto again. What are the chances that opto just flaked out? Any input?

The opto is easy to test with your cellphone's camera app. You'll be able to see a purplish light coming from the opto on your phone if the opto is transmitting. After that, I'd check the wiring and connectors between the opto and your new board.

#3062 4 years ago

Yea, I checked with my camera and couldn't see anything. I did some reading from archive and my machine is behaving just like those with l1 inductor problems on that board. just irritates me to hell as this is a new board. Hopefully I can get some time on it this weekend

#3063 4 years ago

Hello,

I often get a credit dot relative to switch 44 - through balls 4, although it looks like its not affecting the gameplay at all - as far as I understand.

What type of problem is this?

#3064 4 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Hello,
I often get a credit dot relative to switch 44 - through balls 4, although it looks like its not affecting the gameplay at all - as far as I understand.
What type of problem is this?

Did you put game in switch edge test and test that switch yet? Sound like that switch needs adjusted or replaced as its not registering. That switch isn't really needed but the error is annoying

#3065 4 years ago

Didnt check yet. I am wondering: maybe the error shows up only because that switch has not been activated for x games?

#3066 4 years ago

It's in a through, so all switches gets triggered going down.

#3067 4 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

It's in a through, so all switches gets triggered going down.

Yeah it would get hit every ball drain. Its probably loose, or metal lever is bent, or the switch just stopped working. Since the game rarely has all 4 balls in the trough its not a top priority. Remember 1 ball is locked in the mist gate and the other three in the trough would be balls 1, 2 and #3 so #4 is rarely used in this game. I can't even imagine a scenario other than freshly dropping all 4 balls into the machine, that it would ever matter and even then it wouldn't matter as long as 1-3 are working

#3068 4 years ago

thanks, I suspected the situation was like that, because as I mentioned gameplay does not look like being affected. anyway planning to check and fix the issue, never nice to see the credit dot!

#3069 4 years ago

Help! Guys I just changed a bulb the lazy way with the power on (I know I know) and BAM! Shorted something out and now my pop bumper lights, left bank lights and center bank lights are out. I blew the F109 fuse and a fuse on the F101 bank of fuses (2nd from the right). Replaced the fuses but now the lights are still out????

#3070 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Help! Guys I just changed a bulb the lazy way with the power on (I know I know) and BAM! Shorted something out and now my pop bumper lights, left bank lights and center bank lights are out. I blew the F109 fuse and a fuse on the F101 bank of fuses (2nd from the right). Replaced the fuses but now the lights are still out????

After validating voltages from the WPC PDB and checking IDC connectors, it is time to multimeter logic probe test the GI triacs that control the lights.
It is possible you blew one out, it can happen due to the age of the component and voltage overload that might have sneaked by the fuse before it blew.
If your voltage from your test points and LED are still missing, you mostly likely still have a fuse issue (most likely).
If you did not test the installed fuses before you put them in the game, do it, fuses can look good but are not.
Checking the connectors eliminates others potential issues like connector BURN that were never corrected, but could exist on your machine including the pins, this is a contributor to electrical problems as well.

Always remember (beyond what you mentioned of your lesson learned), parts and electronics can fail at ANY TIME, even when nothing happened to initiate it.
If you are unsure of what I described, it may be time to get you feet wet in understanding basic electrical circuit theory of solid state component mounted electronics based on the type of machines you currently collect.
It is just part of the process of pinball collecting and learning.

#3071 4 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

After validating voltages from the WPC PDB and checking IDC connectors, it is time to multimeter logic probe test the GI triacs that control the lights.
It is possible you blew one out, it can happen due to the age of the component and voltage overload that might have sneaked by the fuse before it blew.
If your voltage from your test points and LED are still missing, you mostly likely still have a fuse issue (most likely).
If you did not test the installed fuses before you put them in the game, do it, fuses can look good but are not.
Checking the connectors eliminates others potential issues like connector BURN that were never corrected, but could exist on your machine including the pins, this is a contributor to electrical problems as well.
Always remember (beyond what you mentioned of your lesson learned), parts and electronics can fail at ANY TIME, even when nothing happened to initiate it.
If you are unsure of what I described, it may be time to get you feet wet in understanding basic electrical circuit theory of solid state component mounted electronics based on the type of machines you currently collect.
It is just part of the process of pinball collecting and learning.

Thanks for the in depth response! I will be checking all of that to my ability. I am sorry for the delayed response as right when you responded a bunch of people showed up for turkey day! Anyway thanks again and hopefully I can get something figured out soon to let you guys know.

#3072 4 years ago

Hey all!

Black Friday sale on my BSD coffin mod -- $200 USD shipped until Monday.

More info here

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-coffin-mod-in-the-works/page/6#post-2817506

#3073 4 years ago

Since I have an HD camcorder with 30x zoom I got inspired by the artful camera shots in various Williams promo videos. Compare my video to the Williams version. I had quite a bit of fun shooting and editing it. I choreographed the flow to give the illusion of playing 2 balls of a typical game of Drac. 16 minutes of video edited down to 3 and a half minutes. Someone else did this with another game but I can't find the thread for it. The video was shot in a nearly dark room and turned out fantastic.

#3074 4 years ago

Extra long flippers cool video thax

#3075 4 years ago

Pretty cool! You got it all: the double mist magnet, the looping of the right ramp up until it's open, followed by the immediate miss of the lock, drain out of the rat hole. It's like I was playing myself!

#3076 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Finally is finished...

I like the Strahd on the card apron display. Good Choice

#3077 4 years ago

These bats are original per Williams design spec. Thanks for the comments. I tried to make it look pretty convincing!

#3078 4 years ago

Ok, checked the switch. It became a bit lazy, meaning that sometimes when pushing it it does not click. Time to replace it.

#3079 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Extra long flippers cool video thax

They look like the same flippers I have on my drac. Come to think of it....all my games have those flippers

Cool vid Crash.....I felt like I was right there! Too bad MIST multiball fooled ya twice.

#3080 4 years ago

Haha yeah, seems the double mist ball happens more than one would expect.

#3081 4 years ago

Just joined the club yesterday when I traded one of my TFTC for a BSD. Holy heck is this pin fast and brutal with the lightning flippers!

#3082 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

These bats are original per Williams design spec. Thanks for the comments. I tried to make it look pretty convincing!

Good video.

No offense, but that is not entirely true regarding the bats.
I have a BSD that was a HUO since 1993 which was bought NIB by the first owner with installed lightning flippers from the factory.
This was the original WMS "design intent specifications" from Oursler.
I picked it back in 2004, with verifiable sales receipts, and all factory materials.
Flipper assemblies are still original, based on construction and stamping.
The only thing that was added was the prototype slingshots with standoffs which I did myself.

It is possible this could have been an "operator option" because I cannot remember now, but this one was stock.
It is also possible that later in the production run, the bats were changed based on operator complaints, but the production really did not run that long.
They cranked this full production run of this game out in less than 5 months.
These things do happen, but manuals are not always accurate.

#3083 4 years ago

A lot of confusion over these lightning flippers. Many people say a French operator with heavy influence in the market suggested they be installed to improve revenue by shortening ball times. I agree the game must not have been designed with these in mind, as it's much more enjoyable and shots are more satisfying/more consistent. But nobody has concrete evidence to prove one theory over another that I know of.

#3084 4 years ago

I believe around 4-5 pins left the factory with lighting flippers ? So thats the way most keep them however if its your pin you can do anything you want

#3086 4 years ago

I know it's hard to see, but I installed my black powder coated armor to my Dracula yesterday. I also installed my clear speaker panel and Color DMD LCD in anticipation of the color DMD ROM being released!

Just a little holiday love for our Drac!

IMG_0420.jpg

#3087 4 years ago

Looking slick

#3088 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

A lot of confusion over these lightning flippers. Many people say a French operator with heavy influence in the market suggested they be installed to improve revenue by shortening ball times. I agree the game must not have been designed with these in mind, as it's much more enjoyable and shots are more satisfying/more consistent. But nobody has concrete evidence to prove one theory over another that I know of.

I worked there and can and have verified this and told the story numerous times over the years. It was a French distributor/operator though, not just an operator. He put them on all the games over there. He talked sales/marketing here to do it for a while and the games that were victims of them mostly suffered for it (Dr. Who, BSD, Fish Tales, though Fish Tales still earned well and sold well).

Dracula was supposed to have full sized, blood red flippers and was designed around them. It was changed when the game hit the line to those stupid lightning flippers which made an already hard game even harder and it earned less, not more. The manual even has the blood red flippers listed in the parts list as they never changed the manuals since they were already printed at that point.

#3089 4 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

I worked there and can and have verified this and told the story numerous times over the years. It was a French distributor/operator though, not just an operator. He put them on all the games over there. He talked sales/marketing here to do it for a while and the games that were victims of them mostly suffered for it (Dr. Who, BSD, Fish Tales, though Fish Tales still earned well and sold well).
Dracula was supposed to have full sized, blood red flippers and was designed around them. It was changed when the game hit the line to those stupid lightning flippers which made an already hard game even harder and it earned less, not more. The manual even has the blood red flippers listed in the parts list as they never changed the manuals since they were already printed at that point.

How about popeye and black rose ? I heard or read that they also had them ?

#3090 4 years ago

I have blood red flippers on my parts list, so glad to hear they were supposed to be the originals.

#3091 4 years ago

I tried regular flippers but for me it made it much easier .. I like to keep it more difficult bc it dont exactly have the deepest set of rules lol.. I dont wanna get all the mb stacked together every 10 or so games bc it loses the awesome excitement if you do it to often . Can you get the blood red flippers in lighting form? I have a nice bsd but im doing a complete overhaul this winter with new plastics, clear speaker panel with color dmd , all cliffys and whatever else I can find lol. I go threw lots of pins but bsd is never leaving such a awesome pin

#3092 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

I know it's hard to see, but I installed my black powder coated armor to my Dracula yesterday. I also installed my clear speaker panel and Color DMD LCD in anticipation of the color DMD ROM being released!
Just a little holiday love for our Drac!
IMG_0420.jpg

Put that LCD on RED!!

Gorgeous!!

#3093 4 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Put that LCD on RED!!

Ha!

#3094 4 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

According to the flyer, this is true.

image.jpg

#3095 4 years ago

Just found I have a pair of yellow Williams bats, so I'll install those and see what I think about the difference from lightning flippers. But I don't want to keep them on because some French guy said so. I want to have fun playing my pin.

#3096 4 years ago

Actually I had new white Williams flippers and installed them with red superbands and it looks sharp. Haven't played a game yet. But will be a good comparison since I put around 75 games, maybe more since I "worked from home" a few days.

So will report back what I think of the difference. Funny thing is, I hit over 900m in one of the first games I played when getting it home. Maybe went over 300m-350m a few times since.

#3097 4 years ago

Yeah. So I've played 6 games with the normal flippers and they are staying. To me, all the shots now felt natural and I was able to get great flow going without having to try and compensate for shorter flippers. The game just flows with regular bats and makes the game really fun for me.

#3098 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yeah. So I've played 6 games with the normal flippers and they are staying. To me, all the shots now felt natural and I was able to get great flow going without having to try and compensate for shorter flippers. The game just flows with regular bats and makes the game really fun for me.

I didn't think the flippers were that much smaller. I love my smaller lightning flippers! I actually bought a set of blood red flippers, to swap down the road.

#3099 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

I didn't think the flippers were that much smaller. I love my smaller lightning flippers! I actually bought a set of blood red flippers, to swap down the road.

Where did you find the blood red lighting flippers? I want I want lol

#3100 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Oh they are....trust me.

With regular flipper bats, I could get 30 mils fairly regularly.

With lightnings, I think I got it 1x - in almost half a year.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Upper Freehold, NJ
There are 7074 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside