Topic Stats

• 7,074 posts
  • 582 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by PinballWizard666
  • Topic is favorited by 226 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,164 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

448746-i (resized).jpg
20191201_152342 (resized).jpg
60CB2AC9-FB91-4FF5-BF21-2F0FDEA4EF08 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
3FCBDE80-5B20-4A0E-83E1-7E2F656F7D3D (resized).jpeg
07EB1F94-8220-49F1-827C-7D4F7055A033 (resized).png
45b57485-6e3c-43a4-a4a3-99d7e1b9310b.jpg
IMG_1184 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).JPEG
6A1B4B38-F3E8-4A39-A314-3CC6AB7CA6B2 (resized).jpeg
BB8D3338-DC72-453A-88D0-B443CEA784A8 (resized).jpeg
FB7F8BCC-4D6E-429B-8902-8E0640006127 (resized).jpeg
C3CC27C2-5CC4-4CA2-8E5F-A22E8855EBB5 (resized).jpeg
88F4B865-9ABC-4878-A4AB-1AF4A23A2738 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7074 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 142.
#2951 4 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I would be happy to paint it, but it might be a week or two before I could get it done. I will PM my number if you want to give me a call and we could discuss it then.

Sounds good, pm me your number.

#2952 4 years ago
Quoted from thetoyphantom:

Wouldn't let me send pictures in pinside email so here it is. 1/4 scale PVC model kit. Believe it is 20 inches tall?20150922_155953.jpg

Nice work is this a kit your selling ?

#2953 4 years ago

Wouldn't let me send pictures in pinside email so here it is. 1/4 scale PVC model kit. Believe it is 20 inches tall?20150922_155953.jpg

Here is a 1/6 scale vinyl Indiana Jones kit that I painted in the 80s. This could give you an idea of the type of work that I could do with the Dracula figure.
DSC00659_zps84213b9d.jpg

#2954 4 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Nice work is this a kit your selling ?

Not selling, I am having mcclad paint it for me.

#2955 4 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Here is a 1/6 scale vinyl Indiana Jones kit that I painted in the 80s. This could give you an idea of the type of work that I could do with the Dracula figure.
DSC00659_zps84213b9d.jpg

Wow now I cant wait to see what you do with my Dracula.

#2956 4 years ago

I was supoised to pick this one today, but it's not happening till next Wed. It will be my 4th. Still have the nicest one.
20150813_112530.jpg20150813_112333.jpg

#2957 4 years ago

Not selling, I am having mcclad paint it for me.

Looks nice im sure it will come out great !! Post some pics when u get it done

#2958 4 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

Also want to show you how Modfather paint job + LEE's Parts upper and lower graveyard lights + some neon green paint I added = Awesome! pics don't do this justice.... looks fantastic... I kept the blue LED in the lower light since it was brighter and put a cointaker flex UV in the upper.

BSDGY.jpg

Looks great sleppgtr! Thanks for stopping by at the Cleveland Pinball and Arcade show. Nice to see my Tunnel Light in there as well! http://www.leesparts.com/products/dracula-tunnel-lights.html

#2960 4 years ago

ToyPhantom that machine came out AMAZING! Wow... I love the sideboard decals I was looking at getting those also but never could find good pics of them really and man do they look good! The blood splatter effect on the habitrails and the side rails, lockdown bar look perfect! I've seen some others do them in red and it's always the wrong red IMO but yours look perfect to me. Again wow, amazing job. Oh and the LED's look perfect as well!

#2961 4 years ago

Nice paint job on the village mcclad. Did you use a gloss or matte clearcoat ? I have seen some neon green paint added between the gravestones that looks pretty cool. It glows under blacklight.

#2962 4 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Nice paint job on the village mcclad. Did you use a gloss or matte clearcoat ? I have seen some neon green paint added between the gravestones that looks pretty cool. It glows under blacklight.

Thanks Modfather. I do not seal my paintjobs when I do them. I use Tamiya water based acrylics on all the parts that I paint. Most of the colors that I use are a flat finish. I have seen the green paint in between the gravestones before, and I think that is a really cool effect. It reminds me of the green mist in the movie. Do you just paint pinball parts, or do you do other things as well? I'm sure that you could agree with me on the fact that it is cool bringing a stock piece of plastic to life with our own vision of it. When I see a pinball part it seems like it is screaming for some detail. I am getting a Waterworld this week and I can't wait to get my gear out and start customizing the plastic figures on it. Thank you for the compliment, and I look foward to seeing more of your artwork on pinball parts in the future. Lots of talented people on this forum.

#2963 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

ToyPhantom that machine came out AMAZING! Wow... I love the sideboard decals I was looking at getting those also but never could find good pics of them really and man do they look good! The blood splatter effect on the habitrails and the side rails, lockdown bar look perfect! I've seen some others do them in red and it's always the wrong red IMO but yours look perfect to me. Again wow, amazing job. Oh and the LED's look perfect as well!

Thank you. A lot of work, hours, sweat and headaches went into it but I am very happy with the outcome and glad that I can finally relax and enjoy it.

#2964 4 years ago

Dang, guess who finally stacked all 3 multiballs? And I wasn't even trying!

image.jpg

#2965 4 years ago

Hi guys, i just picked one of these up and am in the process of cleaning it up and getting it running right. Does anyone know where i could find the cliffy set in stock? It seems all the usual places are sold out. Bay Area, Mad, PB Life, ebay, etc... I would love to find a set to throw on here while i have it torn apart. Thanks

#2966 4 years ago

You can buy these straight from Cliff. Send him an email, I'm sure he has them in stock.

#2967 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

You can buy these straight from Cliff. Send him an email, I'm sure he has them in stock.

Passionforpinball.com

#2968 4 years ago

Thanks, got them ordered. Now on to the plastics set.

#2969 4 years ago

I just got my parts back from Mcclad. I would highly recommend his work, he has a real eye for detail.

BSD CUSTOM.jpg

#2970 4 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

I just got my parts back from Mcclad. I would highly recommend his work, he has a real eye for detail.
BSD CUSTOM.jpg

Thanks! Glad that you are happy with them. : )

#2971 4 years ago

I didn't post a pic, but +1 on the Mcclad paintjobs. The only downside to these parts is that now that coffin is an obvious eyesore.

What I think would look great is a realistic white marble texture. I'd never even heard of hydro dipping until one of my friends showed a video of the process, but it looks like a convincing texture could be applied to the coffin using the technique.

Just one of many examples I found online. In this case both the pick plate and the guitar body were done.

6b8eabbddec624b19725c99c5bc8090e.jpg

#2972 4 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

I didn't post a pic, but +1 on the Mcclad paintjobs. The only downside to these parts is that now that coffin is an obvious eyesore.
What I think would look great is a realistic white marble texture. I'd never even heard of hydro dipping until one of my friends showed a video of the process, but it looks like a convincing texture could be applied to the coffin using the technique.
Just one of many examples I found online. In this case both the pick plate and the guitar body were done.
6b8eabbddec624b19725c99c5bc8090e.jpg

Thanks for the compliment! How durable is the hydro dipping?

#2973 4 years ago

No idea. It might require a clearcoat application to preserve it, but I'm seeing it on game controllers, guitars, motorcycle helmets, etc, so it has to at least be possible to make it durable.

I just searched, people here are using it for pinball parts, with great results.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-supercharger-mod#post-2498894

#2974 4 years ago

Isn't that what the Buffy pinball guy did with his ramps, too?

#2976 4 years ago

What I think would look great is a realistic white marble texture.

Or just get one of these

20150907_204440.jpg

#2977 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Isn't that what the Buffy pinball guy did with his ramps, too?

Yes, it is.

#2978 4 years ago

I see they're doing it on the FT club thread, so I'll post it here...
vote in the thread below if you think BSD is the better game. Currently FT is leading by 1 vote.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-2500-90s-dmds-round-4

#2979 4 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I see they're doing it on the FT club thread, so I'll post it here...
vote in the thread below if you think BSD is the better game. Currently FT is leading by 1 vote.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-2500-90s-dmds-round-4

Thats not fair... Lets vote

#2980 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Thats not fair... Lets vote

Voted haha! BSD ftw!

#2981 4 years ago

I finished changing all of my GI over to mostly Comet 2835 bulbs. I know some of you probably hate the blue, purple, and red color-bombed look, but for now I freaking love it! IMG_20151011_130818944.jpgIMG_20151011_130811119.jpgIMG_20151011_131048032.jpg

#2982 4 years ago

Recently finished my 3rd BSD, looks amazing. Now I'm moving so phoenix.craigslist.org link

#2983 4 years ago

Granted, I did remove the lightning bats because I prefer originals better.

image_4.jpg

#2984 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Granted, I did remove the lightning bats because I prefer originals better.

image_4.jpg

Cheater!

#2985 4 years ago

You know it's funny...I just finally got around to putting the lightning flippers onto my game and a few games later I set a new high score. So, pretty much opposite of what happened to crash.

#2986 4 years ago

Anyone have a Laseriffic topper for BSD they'd like to sell? Send me a PM if you do!

#2987 4 years ago

Oursler designed it with normal flippers

#2988 4 years ago

Screenshot_2015-10-12-22-49-03.pngScreenshot_2015-10-12-22-49-11.png

Curious to see other owners pictures of their sideart. I wanna see who has the absolute reddest of reds (not painted or touched up)
Pics of my machine the day I picked it up almost 4 years ago.

#2989 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Oursler designed it with normal flippers

hence the wink.

#2990 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

hence the wink.

Ahh sorry, misunderstood

#2991 4 years ago

So Drac is being all emo again. After months of not being turned on I had some free time, I fired it up and every time a ball get kicked into the shooter lane and fired, a new one is reloaded into the lane. I'm guessing it's a trough switch issue, but I just wanted to make sure before I go down that route.

I also notice the shooter plunger overshoots and gets stuck. Any idea on what would cause that?

#2992 4 years ago

I painted pinball customs new Dracula replacement for a pinsider that I previously painted his village set. This awesome improvement was a little intimidating at first. After looking at Brocks great paint , I did my best to recreate it. I added some greens and browns to the crate to give it age and mold..etc I also added some red to his eyes and mouth to make him more sinister looking. The added blood to his claws and crate looks as if he clawing and breaking his way out. I also enhanced all the shackles with a metallic copper paint that really brings it out the details. A fun project to do. I would happy to paint anyone else's if need be. I hope you guys like it. The ModFather

20151013_114748.jpg20151013_114809.jpg20151013_114823.jpg20151013_115018.jpg20151013_115022.jpg20151013_115208.jpg

#2993 4 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

I painted pinball customs new Dracula replacement for a pinsider that I previously painted his village set. This awesome improvement was a little intimidating at first. After looking at Brocks great paint , I did my best to recreate it. I added some greens and browns to the crate to give it age and mold..etc I also added some red to his eyes and mouth to make him more sinister looking. The added blood to his claws and crate looks as if he clawing and breaking his way out. I also enhanced all the shackles with a metallic copper paint that really brings it out the details. A fun project to do. I would happy to paint anyone else's if need be. I hope you guys like it. The ModFather
20151013_114748.jpg 20151013_114809.jpg 20151013_114823.jpg 20151013_115018.jpg 20151013_115022.jpg 20151013_115208.jpg

Man, you always hit it out of the park.....holy cow, that looks awesome!!!!

#2994 4 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

So Drac is being all emo again. After months of not being turned on I had some free time, I fired it up and every time a ball get kicked into the shooter lane and fired, a new one is reloaded into the lane. I'm guessing it's a trough switch issue, but I just wanted to make sure before I go down that route.
I also notice the shooter plunger overshoots and gets stuck. Any idea on what would cause that?

It does sound like a ball trough switch issue. Are they all working during switch test?

My plunger armiture used to stick as well, but in troubleshooting skill shot issues a while back I ended up replacing the coil, sleeve and armiture for the ball shooter. All easy to replace and inexpensive. I haven't noticed the plunger sticking again. Also I realize now the main culprit for that old skill shot issue was a bad connection on the drop target microswitch. Oh well...

#2995 4 years ago

duplicate

#2996 4 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

It does sound like a ball trough switch issue. Are they all working during switch test?
My plunger armiture used to stick as well, but in troubleshooting skill shot issues a while back I ended up replacing the coil, sleeve and armiture for the ball shooter. All easy to replace and inexpensive. I haven't noticed the plunger sticking again. Also I realize now the main culprit for that old skill shot issue was a bad connection on the drop target microswitch. Oh well...

Many thanks! I just didn't want to start down the wrong road.

#2997 4 years ago

OK, got the trough and plunger sorted-many thanks! Now back to my original issues- surprise, surprise my right gate is having issues. I am sure you are all shocked. I mean who would have thought, it seems like such a bullet proof design.

I installed a homepin board and that cleared up many of the issues. In test mode it seems to be working fine. Brings the ball left and right, but at start up when it goes to load the ball in the staging area, it just drops.

I am also getting an error message for switch 52, it stays open. I was going to replace the receiver and transmitter today if I can find them at my Rat Shack.

Could opt 52 be affecting 82? Are there any good sites on how to adjust/align the optos? I've read through the threads here and I am guessing that either my gate is bent, ball is too far one way or another or my optos are not aligned.

Man, this game is emo.

#2998 4 years ago

Hey looking good! How do you get the graveyard off? I just painted the castle part.

#2999 4 years ago
Quoted from Xtra_Ball:

Hey looking good! How do you get the graveyard off? I just painted the castle part.

Getting that graveyard off sucks. Since all of the screws are on the bottom, it requires removal of the left ramp, which also means you have to at least loosen or remove parts of the right ramp and castle habitrail as well. At least, that is how I did it.

#3000 4 years ago

Getting that graveyard off sucks. Since all of the screws are on the bottom, it requires removal of the left ramp, which also means you have to at least loosen or remove parts of the right ramp and castle habitrail as well. At least, that is how I did it.

I paint miniature Warhammer minis and the paint I use works great on this set. I really like how it turned out but I admit I did a half fast job without any highlights but I figured mostly the lights would get the attention. Next up will be the village.. And if I can figure out how to remove the graveyard, I have some interesting ideas for a paint job.IMG_20151018_101035034.jpgIMG_20151018_100942830.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Upper Freehold, NJ
There are 7074 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside