Topic Stats

• 7,068 posts
  • 581 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by Lostcause
  • Topic is favorited by 225 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,163 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191201_152342 (resized).jpg
60CB2AC9-FB91-4FF5-BF21-2F0FDEA4EF08 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
3FCBDE80-5B20-4A0E-83E1-7E2F656F7D3D (resized).jpeg
07EB1F94-8220-49F1-827C-7D4F7055A033 (resized).png
45b57485-6e3c-43a4-a4a3-99d7e1b9310b.jpg
IMG_1184 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).JPEG
6A1B4B38-F3E8-4A39-A314-3CC6AB7CA6B2 (resized).jpeg
BB8D3338-DC72-453A-88D0-B443CEA784A8 (resized).jpeg
FB7F8BCC-4D6E-429B-8902-8E0640006127 (resized).jpeg
C3CC27C2-5CC4-4CA2-8E5F-A22E8855EBB5 (resized).jpeg
88F4B865-9ABC-4878-A4AB-1AF4A23A2738 (resized).jpeg
27B043C3-0E4B-44D0-AE57-49621BE2B5F9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7068 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 142.
#2901 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Actually papa has a rom that they made for their tournaments

That wouldn't be a"release version" but you're right. Pretty sure all it does is standardize the mystery at 500k though. Doesn't fix any bugs.

#2902 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Great I just ordered then see this!! Ugh hope we get them.....

Any update yet on this? Have you heard back at all?

#2903 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

That wouldn't be a"release version" but you're right. Pretty sure all it does is standardize the mystery at 500k though. Doesn't fix any bugs.

Yea k know but I hope someone can do a fix for everything. This pin is awesome imagine if everything was polished

#2904 4 years ago

I just listed my BSD in the Market if anyone is looking. Great game. I got to have a Kiss.

#2905 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

MXV would be the one to answer about the programmer leaving, but there are issues that were never fixed. There is just the one release version of software - L1.

Pfutz left the company to go work for Capcom as soon as he finished working on the game (he actually stayed longer than the others so he could complete the game). Doubtful the "known issues" were known at the time and since the game wasn't a big hit for the company (thanks lightning flippers for making an already hard game even harder, thus completely killing the game for any casual/novice player), if the issues became known back then they likely wouldn't have cared unless the operators started bitching (and they didn't). The company had moved onto the next pair of games coming out and were also trying to sue everyone who quit to go to Capcom.

#2906 4 years ago

Hi im from Melbourne Australia. Just wanted to join the club. My BSD is beaten up and needs a translite. Putting some work into it now with new plastics and protectors and clean clean clean.

#2907 4 years ago
#2908 4 years ago

Put on blood red powder coated armor on my BSD today. It looks beautiful!
(You know the game is special when it is in the living room )
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#2909 4 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Any update yet on this? Have you heard back at all?

Mine has been a little over a week with no word.......

#2910 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Mine has been a little over a week with no word.......

Man, I hope you guys get your mods. I was just about to order too. Keep us posted. Has anyone else purchased or heard from Iamdarras lately? I hope everything is okay.

#2911 4 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Mcclad does great work, I highly recommend him for painting your village/castle/graveyard.

Is he painting these again? I messaged him a couple of times over a year ago and then never heard back.

#2912 4 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Is he painting these again? I messaged him a couple of times over a year ago and then never heard back.

Good question, I'm not sure. I know he did mine last July 2014 (Just looked up my PM history). He has also been posting on the forums recently as well. I would try PMing him again, he does fantastic work.

#2913 4 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

PM modfather here on Pinside. He does outstanding work: did my village and castle for next to nothing.

Here's my post showing the before and after of his work:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only?tq&tu=npo#post-2536621

Quoted from Glarrownage:

Man, I hope you guys get your mods. I was just about to order too. Keep us posted. Has anyone else purchased or heard from Iamdarras lately? I hope everything is okay.

If he has dropped off the radar, fellow pinsider Pinball_Customs has something in the works you all might want to take a look at....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-coffin-mod-in-the-works

A LOT of people are ordering this without even seeing it installed in a machine. Looks to be the coffin mod we've all been waiting for.

#2914 4 years ago

Hello, im willing to buy my first BSD, can you pinsiders help me, i need to know the height of the machine with the backbox folded down on the cabinet!?!? No legs included

Thanks to all
Love never dies

#2915 4 years ago

I am still around. I am also willing to paint any of the BSD parts that pinsiders would like to get done. I will also be willing to paint mods, or do custom work to the castle, graveyard and villiage pieces.

#2916 4 years ago

Lately my BSD has been working great, but every now and then when the ball goes in the Mystery hole and travels down the subway, that switch doesn't register. It's always a simple fix with just a little bending, but I want to replace the switch itself to hopefully eliminate it from happening again. Does anyone happen to know which switch I'd need to order?

With Halloween coming up I want to have it tip top when the house is full. Thanks!

#2917 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Hello, im willing to buy my first BSD, can you pinsiders help me, i need to know the height of the machine with the backbox folded down on the cabinet!?!? No legs included
Thanks to all
Love never dies

About 75 centimeters (30")

#2918 4 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Lately my BSD has been working great, but every now and then when the ball goes in the Mystery hole and travels down the subway, that switch doesn't register. It's always a simple fix with just a little bending, but I want to replace the switch itself to hopefully eliminate it from happening again. Does anyone happen to know which switch I'd need to order?
With Halloween coming up I want to have it tip top when the house is full. Thanks!

If it is the switch right at the base of the Mystery Hole, it is this:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3272

I recommend downloading one of these too :

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/3072/Williams_1993_Bram_Stoker_s_Dracula_English_Manual.pdf

#2919 4 years ago

YES. YES. YES.

So, as I reported here before, I had a weird issue with my mist right gate. The gate was "pulsing" when the ball was released, which was no biggie right to left, but from left to right the gate would not stay up, and the ball was denied entry, awarding me a mist multiball I didn't rightfully earn. I have spent almost 2 hours tweaking, swapping parts, applying light lubrication, swapping springs, but I FINALLY got it.

So, what it turned out being: there was TOO much slack in the lever arm mechanism.

I started by changing the coil sleeve, no change.

Then I applied Super Web Grease (used for the mist motor track as well as JMs glove track) to the assembly arm that gets pulled down by the coil. No change.

I then took the assembly that connects the right gate to the coil arm apart. It had one washer and a cotter pin holding it together. As I started figuring out how the assembly works, I thought "Maybe there's too much slack," and I disconnected the gate from the arm mechanism, at which the cotter pin went flying somewhere in the game, and I said "aw hell." So out to my garage I went and found an extra brake caliper cotter pin, and modified it to work.

Came back in, and I played musical chairs with the cotter pin and a random assortment of washers like you cannot believe. I tried every single combo I could think of, and it would either be too much slack and the gate would fall, or too tight and the gate stayed up constantly releasing the mist ball at all the wrong times. As I worked, I ended up finding the factory cotter pin, and thank goodness because the final configuration ended up using it (surprise surprise). Oh, the manual is WRONG about using a 10-128 spring. That is way too strong for the gate. The CORRECT spring (in my case) is a 10-135, which the previous owner actually had installed. In the process, I swapped the 10-135 the PO installed for a "manual correct" 10-128, and then in the end I ended up switching back to a brand new 10-135.

Holy crap, I thought stacking triple multiballs was hard. No, THIS was hard. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. I am sorry, but I do not know the thicknesses of the washer I ended up using, but here is my right gate's setup for posterity's sake:

20150910_182326.jpg

I'll do a GoPro video about this and upload it later tonight. Right now, I am taking a very well deserved break and getting me some Penn Station.

12003244_10153283855158710_416989116697245015_n.jpg

#2920 4 years ago

Took me nearly 2 years but i joined the club tuesday.
Im having a few issues tho. Is it normal for the glass to rub on the right ramp, and also above the asylum?

#2921 4 years ago
Quoted from roachmcguirk:

Took me nearly 2 years but i joined the club tuesday.
Im having a few issues tho. Is it normal for the glass to rub on the right ramp, and also above the asylum?

No, the hex posts are probably mixed up. Seems to be common issue after a complete shop job.

#2922 4 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

This is exactly why you should NEVER NEVER EVER set tempered glass on a tile or concrete floor. I have a scrap piece of carpet I keep in my basement for setting the glass on. I learned this the hard way when I was working at WMS and blew up a piece of glass on one of our test games. That's when one of my co-workers told me never to set glass on the tile floors or concrete because that will happen.
You'll find glass in that game for years. I broke a glass on my BSD probably 15 years ago and ended up doing a PF swap because it got scratched up from the glass. It was amazing how little pieces were hiding everywhere above and below the playfield when I was stripping it down to do the swap.

I usually set the glass on my couch but this time I thought it will be ok to set it there for a minute, Wrong! Wanted to share that so hopefully someone else can avoid that mess.

#2923 4 years ago

Just installed a lcd from sparky looks aussom gives bsd that extra pop

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

#2924 4 years ago

So I've run into an issue with my right mist gate. When the game boots the ball will fall out of the right mist gate (if its already in there) and fall into the trough. The game will then plunge a ball into the gate as it should but, it will hold there for a few seconds then the gate will open and the process will repeat itself. When the ball is in the gate you can hear a slight hum and it appears there is a magnet holding the ball in place and it is NOT resting against the metal side. If you fidgit with the game enough by starting a game without the ball in the right gate as it should and then physically putting a ball in there and then rebooting the game you can get the game to load as it should and play as it should. I've noticed that when the game boots and plays as it should you can hear the loud mist magnet turning below the playfield, when it doesn't there is no noise from the magnet. To make things even stranger, if you get the game to work as it should it will play through game after game with no problem. If you turn the game off and wait a few minutes and turn it on, no problems. If you leave it off for an extended period of time, such as an hour or more the problem will occur again...Any ideas what in the heck is going on? I can try to make a video of it if that will help..

#2925 4 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

So I've run into an issue with my right mist gate. When the game boots the ball will fall out of the right mist gate (if its already in there) and fall into the trough. The game will then plunge a ball into the gate as it should but, it will hold there for a few seconds then the gate will open and the process will repeat itself. When the ball is in the gate you can hear a slight hum and it appears there is a magnet holding the ball in place and it is NOT resting against the metal side. If you fidgit with the game enough by starting a game without the ball in the right gate as it should and then physically putting a ball in there and then rebooting the game you can get the game to load as it should and play as it should. I've noticed that when the game boots and plays as it should you can hear the loud mist magnet turning below the playfield, when it doesn't there is no noise from the magnet. To make things even stranger, if you get the game to work as it should it will play through game after game with no problem. If you turn the game off and wait a few minutes and turn it on, no problems. If you leave it off for an extended period of time, such as an hour or more the problem will occur again...Any ideas what in the heck is going on? I can try to make a video of it if that will help..

I had this issue also and have helped 6 people personally after I figured it out . Its the cap on the 24 opto board starting to go bad .

#2926 4 years ago

Its cap c7 on the 24 opto board

#2927 4 years ago

Thanks! I'll check that out tomorrow...I'be got a bunch of caps from my monitor cap kits laying around. Maybe one will be the right value.

#2928 4 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Thanks! I'll check that out tomorrow...I'be got a bunch of caps from my monitor cap kits laying around. Maybe one will be the right value.

Yea just make sure the uf is correct the wattage can be higher . I believe its a 100uf cap but dont quote that lol.

#2929 4 years ago

Replaced the caps this morning...probably the worst hack job of a repair I've ever seen or done. Lifted two pads and had to do some jumpers with traces left over from caps....seems to be working though, so thanks!

How on earth did you ever figure out that it was the caps?

#2930 4 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Replaced the caps this morning...probably the worst hack job of a repair I've ever seen or done. Lifted two pads and had to do some jumpers with traces left over from caps....seems to be working though, so thanks!
How on earth did you ever figure out that it was the caps?

Sometimes im smart lol. I just looked at the schematics and the way it was acting and figured it had some to do with something not staying /keeping a charge bc of the way it wld work after it warmed up .I also noticed that that cap had leaked some so it needed replaced anyhow . You probably lifted the pads bc of the corrosion from the cap I know I had trouble getting the solder off bc of it . I fell bad for all the people who bought that new upgraded board for around 100 when most likely this was the fix lol. Well your number 7 that has successfully did the fix good job .

#2931 4 years ago

Wanted to show you guys some photos of my gorgeous, freshly painted by the Modfather, now installed in my BSD - Could not be happier with how they turned out! Chuck truly does ROCK!

BSDTown.jpg

BSDCastle.jpg

#2932 4 years ago

Also want to show you how Modfather paint job + LEE's Parts upper and lower graveyard lights + some neon green paint I added = Awesome! pics don't do this justice.... looks fantastic... I kept the blue LED in the lower light since it was brighter and put a cointaker flex UV in the upper.

BSDGY.jpg

#2933 4 years ago

Well, I finally joined you blood suckers tonight.

IMG_20150917_221240303.jpg

I played for a couple of hours and crushed it this last game.

IMG_20150917_232016338.jpg

Crap, the pic didn't catch it. It was a billion and change.

#2934 4 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Well, I finally joined you blood suckers tonight.
IMG_20150917_221240303.jpg
I played for a couple of hours and crushed it this last game.
IMG_20150917_232016338.jpg
Crap, the pic didn't catch it. It was a billion and change.

That didn't take long! I just got home from dropping that bad boy BSD to you and see this! Enjoy brother it's an awesome game! Pleasure meeting you and your family...I shall be a blood sucker again some day...

#2935 4 years ago

Hey guys and gals! Just wanted to pimp out the BSD coffin mod I've released

20150907_204534.jpg

20150907_014840.jpg

#2936 4 years ago

Hello,

Do you know any manual or guide to strip the playfield of the BSD!?
Regards

#2937 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Hello,
Do you know any manual or guide to strip the playfield of the BSD!?
Regards

I don't know of any manual or detailed teardown/rebuild instructions, but you basically start from the top, (ramps), and keep removing parts until it's down as far as you want to go. I know this seems obvious, but you MUST take pics of everything you removed as you go, and when you remove a post I always take a pic of the post in it's place and directly after removing said post I take a pic of the post beside a ruler to show the scale. This is especially important on BSD as there are a lot of different length posts on the playfield. This alone saved me HUGE headaches. I never had one rebuild issue because of the many pics I made myself take

#2938 4 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

I don't know of any manual or detailed teardown/rebuild instructions, but you basically start from the top, (ramps), and keep removing parts until it's down as far as you want to go. I know this seems obvious, but you MUST take pics of everything you removed as you go, and when you remove a post I always take a pic of the post in it's place and directly after removing said post I take a pic of the post beside a ruler to show the scale. This is especially important on BSD as there are a lot of different length posts on the playfield. This alone saved me HUGE headaches. I never had one rebuild issue because of the many pics I made myself take

That sounds a good plan, i know that. But i was wondering if there was some manual/correct order to do it... If someone knows it reply please. Thanks shock_me

#2939 4 years ago

I have a guide of sorts. PM me your email address and I'll forward it to you.

#2940 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

That sounds a good plan, i know that. But i was wondering if there was some manual/correct order to do it... If someone knows it reply please. Thanks shock_me

Enjoy . NOT my manual, but one that was very helpful for me.

https://www.4shared.com/office/nPYm8ZpOce/shop_BSD.html

#2941 4 years ago

^^ Same one I used first time tearing down BSD.

Got my personal best score this week, stacked the multiballs twice in one game... broke 2B.

#2942 4 years ago

yup, that's the one

#2943 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Enjoy . NOT my manual, but one that was very helpful for me.
https://www.4shared.com/office/nPYm8ZpOce/shop_BSD.html

Thats it... You are the best

#2944 4 years ago

I hooked this up to my sub, and the next game had Oldman screaming 30 million. Sounds freaking wicked. This game kicks so much ass. \m/

#2945 4 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I am still around. I am also willing to paint any of the BSD parts that pinsiders would like to get done. I will also be willing to paint mods, or do custom work to the castle, graveyard and villiage pieces.

this guy is the BEST folks, he painted my BSD village, castle, graveyard and my MS Frankenstein and it came out amazing! thank you mcclad! About to post finished BSD pictures...
DSC_8154.jpgBeforeDSC_8204.jpgAfter mcclad

#2946 4 years ago

Full shop out on my BSD finally done! "The Blood" edition
Playfield tear down, clean, polished and waxed.
New black rubber kit, New red star posts and lane guides, New promo sling plastic set,
New custom repainted village, graveyard and castle by (the best) pinsides own mcclad, New custom powder coated wire ramps, New custom powder coated legs and rail set, New black leg levelers and leg bolts, New capacitors throughout power driver board, New glass, New pinballpt BSD sideboard art, New cointaker premium super non ghost led kit. New cointaker under cab flash kit, New cointaker premium non ghost afterburner pop bumper LEDs, New right clear ramp custom fabricated, Flame polished ramps, New ramp flap kit, New coffin decal set, New plastic guard kit, New red start button, New Marco silverjet balls, New Marco flipper superbands, New cliffy rats hole protector, New cliffy red post sleeves, New custom card set.
I think I'm gonna need a vacation after this one.

1.jpg
DSC_8346.jpg
DSC_8357.jpg
DSC_8360.jpg
DSC_8375.jpg
DSC_8363.jpg
DSC_8386.jpg
DSC_8381.jpg

#2947 4 years ago

DSC_8407.jpg
DSC_8390.jpg
DSC_8396.jpg
DSC_8417.jpg

DSC_8428.jpg

#2948 4 years ago

I have to say that your game does look sharp. I like the look with the LEDS. To me a BSD HAS to have LEDS. Regular incandescents just don't cut it. And thanks for the kind words. It was a pleasure doing custom work for you.

#2949 4 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I have to say that your game does look sharp. I like the look with the LEDS. To me a BSD HAS to have LEDS. Regular incandescents just don't cut it. And thanks for the kind words. It was a pleasure doing custom work for you.

Wouldn't let me send pictures in pinside email so here it is. 1/4 scale PVC model kit. Believe it is 20 inches tall?20150922_155953.jpg

#2950 4 years ago

I would be happy to paint it, but it might be a week or two before I could get it done. I will PM my number if you want to give me a call and we could discuss it then.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 209.99
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 7068 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside