IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 224.
#2851 8 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

I'll give that a shot. I'm having the same issue with the coffin ramp as well. I added extra washers (as many as I could) but it still didn't push it over enough to keep the flap from rubbing the side.

The coffin ramp you can adjust. Loosen the two screws on the rear bracket holding that ramp closest to the coffin, adjust and re tighten.

#2853 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Check to make sure the new flap is exactly the same size/shape as the old one?

Yup, the new ramp is perfect. Even the screw holes lineuup. I was pretty impressed. I'll be purchasing from fabrications unlimited again in the future for sure.

#2854 8 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Will it look like this??? I can't take credit for the restore. This is HEP's amazing work. Good luck with your restore-looking forward to the pictures.
BSD (11).JPG
BSD (20).JPG
BSD (24).JPG

Sweet, your machine looks great. Ok just a little tease...

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

image_4.jpgimage_4.jpg

#2855 8 years ago
Quoted from thetoyphantom:

The coffin ramp you can adjust. Loosen the two screws on the rear bracket holding that ramp closest to the coffin, adjust and re tighten.

Nice I'll give that a shot. Thanks!

#2856 8 years ago

image.jpg image_1.jpg image_2.jpg image_3.jpg image_4.jpg

Sweetness right there.
Looks awesome
Post a link to your pic's when your done,
My BSD needs some lovin' and I'm looking for ideas

#2857 8 years ago

Paint job looks superb. Makes me want to get one now and do the same.

#2858 8 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Paint job looks superb. Makes me want to get one now and do the same.

Mcclad does great work, I highly recommend him for painting your village/castle/graveyard.

#2859 8 years ago

I like the habitrail. Powder coat or paint?

#2860 8 years ago
Quoted from kpull:

I like the habitrail. Powder coat or paint?

Powder coat. Paint wouldn't hold up.

#2861 8 years ago

Powder coat. Paint wouldn't hold up.

That's what I figured. It has a crackle paint look to it. Looks amazing.
Keith

#2862 8 years ago

Coffin wireform looks badass.

#2863 8 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Coffin wireform looks badass.

Quoted from kpull:

That's what I figured. It has a crackle paint look to it. Looks amazing.
Keith

Thank you. I did the legs and rail set in the same two stage powder coat. Suppose to be getting them back this week, can't wait. Like a kid on Christmas...

#2864 8 years ago

Here's the link for the BSD restore by HEP. Thanks again Chris-everyone who's seen and played it is blown away!

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album623

#2865 8 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Will it look like this??? I can't take credit for the restore. This is HEP's amazing work. Good luck with your restore-looking forward to the pictures./blockquote>

Nice game never/Joe. I like the new cab artwork.

#2866 8 years ago

So we all know how brutal BSD is but tonight it made me bleed. PDI glass everywhere including my hands and feet. Spent hours cleaning up and I'm sure I will never get it all. Rrr!image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#2867 8 years ago
Quoted from SSrig:

So we all know how brutal BSD is but tonight it made me bleed. PDI glass everywhere including my hands and feet. Spent hours cleaning up and I'm sure I will never get it all. Rrr!image.jpg image.jpg

Oh no, that's PDI? How did that happen?

#2868 8 years ago

just pulled glass out and was setting it on floor between pins like we have all done a ton of times. My floor is tile, I guess I will put down a towel from now on

#2869 8 years ago

Yeah that speckled blood look on the wire forms are nice!!! I like that a lot.

You mentioned using Silverjet premium balls in your restore.....since BSD uses a magnet for the MIST feature I'd go with the PBL high gloss shiny balls as Silverjets use a different core and are said to magnetize causing trough issues and such down the road.

BSD deserves all this love. 1000%

#2870 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Yeah that speckled blood look on the wire forms are nice!!! I like that a lot.
You mentioned using Silverjet premium balls in your restore.....since BSD uses a magnet for the MIST feature I'd go with the PBL high gloss shiny balls as Silverjets use a different core and are said to magnetize causing trough issues and such down the road.
BSD deserves all this love. 1000%

I have the silverjets in my other 3 machines and haven't had a problem yet, plus I already purchased them for the BSD so I have to give them a shot first.
If i experience any problems then I will definitely give the pbl balls a shot, thanks.

#2871 8 years ago

Does anyone know the two hex spacer sizes for the Draculas castle??
Having a problem fitting my castle. Do I need to heat the castle a bit with a heat gun to get it soft and stretch to fit or is my spacer too big??

#2872 8 years ago

Having a problem fitting my castle. Do I need to heat the castle a bit with a heat gun to get it to fit or is my spacer too big??

I'm having the same issue with the Village. If no one gets back to you by the time I make my way over there I'll let you know.

#2873 8 years ago

Having a problem fitting my castle. Do I need to heat the castle a bit with a heat gun to get it soft and stretch to fit or is my spacer too big??

I just checked, I actually don't have them. I've been working on a restore for almost a year now;

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-documenting-for-fun

I don't know if there are any shop out pics there that will help you or not. It sounds like you are almost done. I still have to finish the cabinet too. In the mean time, if you need any other info (aside from the hex spacer size for the castle) let me know, mine will still be on the rotisserie for a while.

#2874 8 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Mcclad does great work, I highly recommend him for painting your village/castle/graveyard.

He repainted my MS Frankenstein head and body......Wow what a difference. I love my Frankenstein machine now. It really looked like shit before and this new repaint really got the job done. Will post pic soon

#2875 8 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

I just checked, I actually don't have them. I've been working on a restore for almost a year now;
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-documenting-for-fun
I don't know if there are any shop out pics there that will help you or not. It sounds like you are almost done. I still have to finish the cabinet too. In the mean time, if you need any other info (aside from the hex spacer size for the castle) let me know, mine will still be on the rotisserie for a while.

Wow that machine looks amazing. You really went all out on that one. Can't wait to see the pics when it's all done.

#2876 8 years ago

Just when you think you are almost done here comes some spilled milk to slow you down again. I think I got the wrong hex spacer on my castle? Mine measures 3-1/4 inch tall on the left. Anyone know the right size??

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#2877 8 years ago

Jack danger is playing live right now. BSD

Show your love!

On twitch Dead flip channel

#2878 8 years ago

Just when you think you are almost done here comes some spilled milk to slow you down again. I think I got the wrong hex spacer on my castle? Mine measures 3-1/4 inch tall on the left. Anyone know the right size??

image.jpg image_1.jpg

Bump for phantoms castle hex post question

#2879 8 years ago

We used to have the game,
Just got another one in about a week ago.
It is one of the only dracs I have seen with absolutely zero planking! It is also the rare DBV version. Zero scoop wear.
I love the game,
It's a beast, a monster!

#2880 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

I would like to set the extra ball percentage for the Mistery award. I guess this is set from adjustment A.2-04 (automatic extra ball). The problem is that this percentage also influences A.2-05, A.2-06 and A.07.
Is there a way to leave A.2-05, A.2-06 and A.07 at a fixed number, and just set a (preferably fixed) percentage for the extra ball given as a Mistery award? (Basically in a similar fashion as A.2-20, A.2-21, A.2-22 and A.2-23)

Basically at the moment I never get an extra ball as a Mistery Award. What to do?

#2881 8 years ago

Hey guys, I've been looking through a lot of BSD mod threads/youtube videos and noticed there are a lot of similar mods by many different people. Who makes the best coffin lighting mod (inside that shines out from the hole in the front) and what color combo you guys think looks best? I know that is a pretty general question but I'm curious about any mod preferences you guys have.

#2882 8 years ago

Clear or light smoked coffin lid from Planetary Pinball. Ugly vamp mod from iamdarras: http://www.iamdarras.bigcartel.com/product/bsd-ugly-vamp-mod. I went red led and directional (I did my own mod). BSD is torn apart at the moment for new cabinet decals so don't have any photos.

In order for the lighting to work you'll need a semi-transparent drac and a lighter coffin lid. To me those are the keys to getting your lighting to look good.

#2883 8 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

Clear or light smoked coffin lid from Planetary Pinball. Ugly vamp mod from iamdarras: http://www.iamdarras.bigcartel.com/product/bsd-ugly-vamp-mod. I went red led and directional (I did my own mod). BSD is torn apart at the moment for new cabinet decals so don't have any photos.
In order for the lighting to work you'll need a semi-transparent drac and a lighter coffin lid. To me those are the keys to getting your lighting to look good.

Thats exactly the dracula I was looking at. I'm not sure which coffin lid will work better between the clear or light smoked. So you light the inside of the coffin with red? I saw a couple videos showing one color for constant light and another for the flasher. This one in particular:

http://pinballsoul.com/bram-stokers-dracula-mods-to-see-buy/

#2884 8 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Thats exactly the dracula I was looking at. I'm not sure which coffin lid will work better between the clear or light smoked.

I was scared the clear would be too clear, and while I'm happy with the light smoked I wouldn't mind trying the clear. Bottom line, if you're only going to order one coffin lid I would go with the light smoked--it's the safer choice.

It's hard to see everything he's doing in the video since he has the original dracula, which blocks most of the light. The key really is to get a semi-translucent dracula and lighter coffin lid, then you can do a lot of cool lighting stuff.

I've really got to get my game back together. Just ordered a bunch of translucent and glow in the dark rings that I want to try out.

#2885 8 years ago

I asked before, but no reply, so I will try to rephrase is a simpler way:

I never get extra ball as award from the Mistery. This is becuase the adjustment for automatic extra ball is set to off.

If I set this setting to - say- 10%, then this percentage will also influnce other ways settings, for example the number of Video Waves needed to get an extra ball.

Is there a way to get extra balls from the Mistery leaving the automatic extra ball setting OFF?

#2886 8 years ago

Does anyone know if Iamdarras is still around? I have tried to contact him regarding the ugly vamp mod with no reply. I actually did order this and it has been 3 weeks- NOTHING. Thanks

#2887 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

I asked before, but no reply, so I will try to rephrase is a simpler way:
I never get extra ball as award from the Mistery. This is becuase the adjustment for automatic extra ball is set to off.
If I set this setting to - say- 10%, then this percentage will also influnce other ways settings, for example the number of Video Waves needed to get an extra ball.
Is there a way to get extra balls from the Mistery leaving the automatic extra ball setting OFF?

The automatic extra ball does not effect the Video Mode extra ball. There's another adjustment that specifically sets after which video mode wave you get an extra ball. The only other thing that auto extra ball could effect is the number of ramp shots it takes to light EB on the Mystery hole.

#2888 8 years ago
Quoted from dalispictures:

Does anyone know if Iamdarras is still around? I have tried to contact him regarding the ugly vamp mod with no reply. I actually did order this and it has been 3 weeks- NOTHING. Thanks

Did you order from here?

http://iamdarras.bigcartel.com/product/bsd-ugly-vamp-mod

#2889 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

The automatic extra ball does not effect the Video Mode extra ball. There's another adjustment that specifically sets after which video mode wave you get an extra ball. The only other thing that auto extra ball could effect is the number of ramp shots it takes to light EB on the Mystery hole.

I checked in the manual:

A2.04 Automatic Extra Ball: OFF - do not autoadjust extraball (but no extraball at all as Mistery award!)
1-99%: automatically adjust all sources for extra ball. It does this by modifying feature adjustment 05,06,07
i.e.: number of loops for 1st extra ball, number of loops for next extra ball, number of video waves for extra
ball

Actually, I experienced the latest: I always got extra ball after successfully completing video wave 2. But at some point the machine started requiring the completion of 3 video waves for extra ball.

#2890 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

I checked in the manual:
A2.04 Automatic Extra Ball: OFF - do not autoadjust extraball (but no extraball at all as Mistery award!)
1-99%: automatically adjust all sources for extra ball. It does this by modifying feature adjustment 05,06,07
i.e.: number of loops for 1st extra ball, number of loops for next extra ball, number of video waves for extra
ball
Actually, I experienced the latest: I always got extra ball after successfully completing video wave 2. But at some point the machine started requiring the completion of 3 video waves for extra ball.

It's odd the way those adjustments are, but from looking at the manual, I'm going to say, no. There is an adjustment for all of the different Mystery awards except EB. Perhaps this is another bug?

#2891 8 years ago

I read that the software for this pin was never completed because the programmer left the company. Is it true?
Is there any chance somebody at some point fix the known issues in this software? Its a very good machine, and it deserves a finished software!

#2892 8 years ago
Quoted from SSrig:

just pulled glass out and was setting it on floor between pins like we have all done a ton of times. My floor is tile, I guess I will put down a towel from now on

This is exactly why you should NEVER NEVER EVER set tempered glass on a tile or concrete floor. I have a scrap piece of carpet I keep in my basement for setting the glass on. I learned this the hard way when I was working at WMS and blew up a piece of glass on one of our test games. That's when one of my co-workers told me never to set glass on the tile floors or concrete because that will happen.

You'll find glass in that game for years. I broke a glass on my BSD probably 15 years ago and ended up doing a PF swap because it got scratched up from the glass. It was amazing how little pieces were hiding everywhere above and below the playfield when I was stripping it down to do the swap.

#2893 8 years ago

Be careful with wedding rings too...I broke a widebody f2k glass with my wedding band holding the glass in the air...not touching the floor. The band hit the edge of the glass and kablooie.

#2895 8 years ago

Great I just ordered then see this!! Ugh hope we get them.....

#2896 8 years ago

Hi guys. New to the club. Picked up a beautiful example and when swapping out bulbs, shorted something under the playfield. Now pop bumpers, slings don't work and I get a magnet error. Fuses look ok, and from reading up it might be u20 on the cpu board. Does that sound right?

#2897 8 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Hi guys. New to the club. Picked up a beautiful example and when swapping out bulbs, shorted something under the playfield. Now pop bumpers, slings don't work and I get a magnet error. Fuses look ok, and from reading up it might be u20 on the cpu board. Does that sound right?

O no

#2898 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

I read that the software for this pin was never completed because the programmer left the company. Is it true?
Is there any chance somebody at some point fix the known issues in this software? Its a very good machine, and it deserves a finished software!

MXV would be the one to answer about the programmer leaving, but there are issues that were never fixed. There is just the one release version of software - L1.

#2899 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

MXV would be the one to answer about the programmer leaving, but there are issues that were never fixed. There is just the one release version of software - L1.

Actually papa has a rom that they made for their tournaments

#2900 8 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

I did that to a Black Rose. I always unplug a machine now no matter what I do to it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 5.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 224.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/58 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.