Topic Stats

• 7,074 posts
  • 582 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by PinballWizard666
  • Topic is favorited by 226 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,164 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

448746-i (resized).jpg
20191201_152342 (resized).jpg
60CB2AC9-FB91-4FF5-BF21-2F0FDEA4EF08 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
3FCBDE80-5B20-4A0E-83E1-7E2F656F7D3D (resized).jpeg
07EB1F94-8220-49F1-827C-7D4F7055A033 (resized).png
45b57485-6e3c-43a4-a4a3-99d7e1b9310b.jpg
IMG_1184 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).JPEG
6A1B4B38-F3E8-4A39-A314-3CC6AB7CA6B2 (resized).jpeg
BB8D3338-DC72-453A-88D0-B443CEA784A8 (resized).jpeg
FB7F8BCC-4D6E-429B-8902-8E0640006127 (resized).jpeg
C3CC27C2-5CC4-4CA2-8E5F-A22E8855EBB5 (resized).jpeg
88F4B865-9ABC-4878-A4AB-1AF4A23A2738 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7074 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 142.
#2801 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

ok, so the big question is where does the yellow wire (attached to the 2 green/blue wires, 3 total wires on the terminal) on your final 3rd picture connect to? this is the wire I need to re-solder...thanks again brother

No problem! The yellow wire from the third picture is the same yellow wire shown in the upper right of the second picture soldered to that back tab. Does that help?

#2802 4 years ago

yeup, makes sense, that's how I figured it was supposed to be..now its time to get serious I suppose . thanks for your pictures and time.

#2803 4 years ago

No problem, anytime!

#2804 4 years ago

This is why this site is so good, great job guys!

#2805 4 years ago

things are getting interesting....seeing ground row short error, check fuses 114 and 115 (switch matrix fuse). 3/4 slow amp is blowing at power up.

#2806 4 years ago

Work's kept me plenty busy lately, but I finally got to play some pinball last night and hearing "30 Million" never gets old.

Anyway, long story short my playfield has seen better days, it's an LS with mild planking and some sort of paintloss/crappy touch up right where the ball drops out at VIDEO. Is there any cure for planking? Would sending it out to one of the talented folks on pinside for proper touchup and clear remedy that at all?

Second, for a relative noob who's more comfortable turning a wrench on his Jeep than tinkering with 20 year old wiring on a pin, how hard is a playfield swap? And with the wires being old, dry, etc is there a lot of risk of damage when moving things to a new playfield?

Thanks all. Hope everyone's too busy playing pinball to answer this for a while.

#2807 4 years ago

Joined the club! I traded for a super sweet BSD with tons of custom lighting. Love this pin!

#2808 4 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Joined the club! I traded for a super sweet BSD with tons of custom lighting. Love this pin!

Congrats, and welcome to the club!

The other day, I decided to completely revamp the LEDs in my BSD after seeing the pinballbulbs kit. If it arrives in the mail today, I know how I'll be spending my afternoon...

#2809 4 years ago

Here are some pics.

20150717_141221.jpg

20150717_141238.jpg

20150717_144918.jpg

20150722_221120.jpg

#2810 4 years ago

2223.jpg2225.jpg
My bsd is getting a ground up overhaul.

#2811 4 years ago

Does anyone make lightning bolt decals for BSD?

#2812 4 years ago

Just installed regular bats. Such a fantastic experience! Really this pin is great, but often very frustrating with lightning bats. Now no more frustration, lots of multi-multiballs and constant adrenalinic action! Amazing!! I think lightining bats were used on location to make more money, but this pin too is supposed to be played with regular bats, it plays so much better. Shooting targets is now an option (although still requires to be careful), not just a suicidal shot forcing you to just wait that luckily the targets get randomly touched. My best score with lightining bats is 3.5B, so I can say I am good at this pin. Still, with lightining bats most of the games were around 20M, or around 100m with 5 balls. Just silly.

Now I could even revert to 3 balls: much better having often 3 fun balls, than begging for a lonely decent ball out of 5 and standing hopelessly looking so many balls draining fast most of the times.

Also another must: narrow outlanes. Then BSD become a fantastic, difficult pin, but not frustrating (and often simply stupid).

#2813 4 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Congrats, and welcome to the club!
The other day, I decided to completely revamp the LEDs in my BSD after seeing the pinballbulbs kit. If it arrives in the mail today, I know how I'll be spending my afternoon...

Done!
image.jpg

#2814 4 years ago

That looks great!

#2815 4 years ago

Hey guys, does anyone know who makes clear coffin ramp or maybe knows how to remake them?

IMG_20150729_202759_470.jpg

#2816 4 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Hey guys, does anyone know who makes clear coffin ramp or maybe knows how to remake them?

Just flat plexi, right? Maybe try the guy on etsy who sells the clear plastic for that ramp.

#2817 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Just flat plexi, right? Maybe try the guy on etsy who sells the clear plastic for that ramp.

Yeah, I think its just plexi. I'll try the etsy guy. I'm surprised more people don't need these made.

#2818 4 years ago

I've got an awesome wife.
Have it clear coated or use it stock?

bsdnos.jpg

#2819 4 years ago

Clear it

#2820 4 years ago

Clear for sure

#2821 4 years ago

I was thinking that. I just got it, I hate to see it go out for 12 weeks or so but the end result will be worth it.

#2822 4 years ago

12 weeks?! maybe find a guy who's got a little less back log?

#2823 4 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

I was thinking that. I just got it, I hate to see it go out for 12 weeks or so but the end result will be worth it.

If it's NOS and doesn't need any repair, it allows you to be flexible with who you send it to. Some guys are great at doing the clear coat but not so great on the repair side of things. Luckily, it looks like you don't need to worry about that. Who were you planning on sending it to?

#2824 4 years ago

New to our collection of PinBlade™ designs is Bram Stoker's Dracula.
All new art but inspired by the original design.
© PinGraffix Inc., All Rights Reserved
They can be ordered at www.PinGraffix.com.
1111.png

#2825 4 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

If it's NOS and doesn't need any repair, it allows you to be flexible with who you send it to. Some guys are great at doing the clear coat but not so great on the repair side of things. Luckily, it looks like you don't need to worry about that. Who were you planning on sending it to?

I actually just started looking into it but I know Kruzman takes about 12 weeks, that's why I mentioned 12 weeks.

And yeah this thing needs no repair. The only "flaw" is the factory mylar on it in a couple places at the edges seems slightly gummy. I'm hesitant to do anything to it at all for fear of screwing it up. lol

#2826 4 years ago

Hey guys, just picked up my first BSD yesterday. It needs some tlc but whenever it was on route, the operator cut a hole in the lower left corner of the translite to put a play counter in. I guess he didn't know that could be tracked thru the DMD, but now I need to replace the translite. I know they are hard to find but does anyone have any leads?

Thx

#2828 4 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

I actually just started looking into it but I know Kruzman takes about 12 weeks, that's why I mentioned 12 weeks.
And yeah this thing needs no repair. The only "flaw" is the factory mylar on it in a couple places at the edges seems slightly gummy. I'm hesitant to do anything to it at all for fear of screwing it up. lol

Hands down Ron is one of the best if not the best in the industry. Honestly though, if the mylar is the only issue, sending it to Ron may be overkill. If you don't want to wait check with HSA or some of the other guys on the pinside that do clear work. On the other hand, if it needs proper dimpling as well, send it to Ron. But if its just clear you have quicker options.

#2829 4 years ago

Yeah I saw that alternate translite, but I'd like to have the original one. Thanks though.

#2830 4 years ago

If someone gets a chance, could you tell me if your entry ramp flap has rivet washers on the back of it or is it just rivets without washers on the back? Thanks!

#2831 4 years ago

so i replaced my BSD power driver with an A-12697-1 from a getaway, now it wont boot, i get some garbage on the DMD but nothing else lights up.
led 7 and the led by C5 light up on the power driver, nothing else, nothing else in the whole game in fact.

any thoughts on a problem/solution?

#2832 4 years ago

Is it a known good board? If you disconnect the board does the game then boot?

1 week later
#2833 4 years ago

Does anyone have a better picture than the following for this part of the entry ramp? I'm curious how you center the ramp and prevent it from rubbing the sides of the ball guides.

IMG_20150812_231449_358.jpg

#2834 4 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Just installed regular bats. Such a fantastic experience! Really this pin is great, but often very frustrating with lightning bats. Now no more frustration, lots of multi-multiballs and constant adrenalinic action! Amazing!! I think lightining bats were used on location to make more money, but this pin too is supposed to be played with regular bats, it plays so much better. Shooting targets is now an option (although still requires to be careful), not just a suicidal shot forcing you to just wait that luckily the targets get randomly touched. My best score with lightining bats is 3.5B, so I can say I am good at this pin. Still, with lightining bats most of the games were around 20M, or around 100m with 5 balls. Just silly.
Now I could even revert to 3 balls: much better having often 3 fun balls, than begging for a lonely decent ball out of 5 and standing hopelessly looking so many balls draining fast most of the times.
Also another must: narrow outlanes. Then BSD become a fantastic, difficult pin, but not frustrating (and often simply stupid).

With a 3.5B, I'm surprised you'd want narrower lanes and longer flippers (or have 20M average games)..unless it's to make guests happier in the short run. I've tried a BSD with regular flippers and didn't prefer it at all. I like that the game punishes bad shots and makes the good ones more rewarding. I certainly wouldn't play with 5 balls as I don't find it difficult to get 4-5 ball games with 3 balls (5 loops extra ball is very easy, and getting to level 2 on video mode isn't too hard either). Just a subjective area I suppose. Eventually I'd like to participate in tournaments and would never want to learn on a machine that is easier (control-wise) than what I'd find at an event.

#2835 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

With a 3.5B, I'm surprised you'd want narrower lanes and longer flippers (or have 20M average games)..unless it's to make guests happier in the short run. I've tried a BSD with regular flippers and didn't prefer it at all. I like that the game punishes bad shots and makes the good ones more rewarding. I certainly wouldn't play with 5 balls as I don't find it difficult to get 4-5 ball games with 3 balls (5 loops extra ball is very easy, and getting to level 2 on video mode isn't too hard either). Just a subjective area I suppose. Eventually I'd like to participate in tournaments and would never want to learn on a machine that is easier (control-wise) than what I'd find at an event.

Agreed

#2836 4 years ago

I tried some fixing but failed. I had the left drain and left return lanes switches a bit "lazy", so I replaced them. All right with the left drain, but problems arose with the left return: now it doesnt work at all. And the Asylum/Rainfield kickout keeps kicking.

In the switches test I see no activity for the switch 36(left return) when I temporarily plug the wires to the switch and push it. And now I get the credit dot error switch 56 (opto tl popper). If I put togheter the two white/blue wires for switch 36, the switch test shows "switch 56".

What to do?

#2837 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Maybe the thing is I like to score big, and not once per month! )

But I understand and respect harder settings, just its not for me.

#2838 4 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Does anyone have a better picture than the following for this part of the entry ramp? I'm curious how you center the ramp and prevent it from rubbing the sides of the ball guides.

Pull the entry ramp piece in and install the screw? That should hold it over a bit farther.

Only picture I have doesn't have the outlane guide installed, but appears to be assembled the same.

#2839 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Pull the entry ramp piece in and install the screw? That should hold it over a bit farther.

Yeah, I had that screw in and noticed the ramp had a lot of play side to side. So, I took out the screw for trouble shooting. The only thing I can think to do is put a fat washer where those small plastic washers are at the top sides of the entry ramp. But they will stick out too far and look ugly. I wonder if when the coil is energized it will pop the ramp up straight. Logic tells me it would be pretty random if the ramp has too much wiggle room. Not sure what to do about that....

#2840 4 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

I tried some fixing but failed. I had the left drain and left return lanes switches a bit "lazy", so I replaced them. All right with the left drain, but problems arose with the left return: now it doesnt work at all. And the Asylum/Rainfield kickout keeps kicking.
In the switches test I see no activity for the switch 36(left return) when I temporarily plug the wires to the switch and push it. And now I get the credit dot error switch 56 (opto tl popper). If I put togheter the two white/blue wires for switch 36, the switch test shows "switch 56".
What to do?

Found the solution: I attached the diode in the wrong direction. Inverting the ends of the diode attached to the lugs of the switch solved the problem. Now all works fine again!

#2841 4 years ago

Just chiming in after obtaining a very nice BSD. Waited to get this game for a while, and finally found a nice example with LEDs and a mod or two. Although I got my ass kicked the first few games, I'm excited as hell to finally have this game in my line up. Looks good with my Stern Drac. Now if only I could find a Bally Vampire EM.

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

image_3.jpg

#2842 4 years ago

I would like to set the extra ball percentage for the Mistery award. I guess this is set from adjustment A.2-04 (automatic extra ball). The problem is that this percentage also influences A.2-05, A.2-06 and A.07.

Is there a way to leave A.2-05, A.2-06 and A.07 at a fixed number, and just set a (preferably fixed) percentage for the extra ball given as a Mistery award? (Basically in a similar fashion as A.2-20, A.2-21, A.2-22 and A.2-23)

#2843 4 years ago

Just lined up this game20150813_112333.jpg

#2844 4 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

IMG_20150729_202759_470.jpg

The guy on Etsy (fabrication unlimited). I sent him my old one and had him make me 2.
And then I finished it all with the BSD ramp flap kit from Pin bits.

image.jpg

#2845 4 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

If someone gets a chance, could you tell me if your entry ramp flap has rivet washers on the back of it or is it just rivets without washers on the back? Thanks!

Just rivets on entry ramp. Washers are on the plastic ramps. Just did the BSD ramp flap kit from pinbits on mine.

#2846 4 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

That's a real pain in the ass, I just tried that myself. I was able to bend the two pins a little on the rear bracket to that ramp but be gentle and don't break it.

#2847 4 years ago

Full shop out on my BSD in progress in pursuit of the Finest BSD around
Playfield tear down, clean, polished and waxed.
New black rubber kit, New red star posts and lane guides, New promo sling plastic set,
New custom repainted village, graveyard and castle by (the best) pinsides own MCCLAD, New custom powder coated wire ramps, New custom powder coated legs and rail set, New black leg levelers and leg bolts, New capacitors throughout power driver board, New glass, New pinballpt BSD sideboard art, New cointaker premium super non ghost led kit. New cointaker under cab flash kit, New cointaker premium non ghost afterburner pop bumper LEDs, New right clear ramp custom fabricated, Flame polished ramps, New ramp flap kit, New coffin decal set, New plastic guard kit, New red start button, New Marco silverjet balls, New Marco flipper superbands, New cliffy rats hole protector, New cliffy red post sleeves, New custom card set.
I think I'm gonna need a vacation after this one. Almost done, only have about another week left and then I will post pictures

#2848 4 years ago
Quoted from thetoyphantom:

Full shop out on my BSD in progress in pursuit of the Finest BSD around

Will it look like this??? I can't take credit for the restore. This is HEP's amazing work. Good luck with your restore-looking forward to the pictures.

BSD (11).JPG
BSD (20).JPG
BSD (24).JPG

#2849 4 years ago
Quoted from thetoyphantom:

That's a real pain in the ass, I just tried that myself. I was able to bend the two pins a little on the rear bracket to that ramp but be gentle and don't break it.

I'll give that a shot. I'm having the same issue with the coffin ramp as well. I added extra washers (as many as I could) but it still didn't push it over enough to keep the flap from rubbing the side.

#2850 4 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

I'll give that a shot. I'm having the same issue with the coffin ramp as well. I added extra washers (as many as I could) but it still didn't push it over enough to keep the flap from rubbing the side.

Check to make sure the new flap is exactly the same size/shape as the old one?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Elkhart, IN
$ 50.00
There are 7074 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside