IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg
20240314_090424 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240310_205042362 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,143 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 223.
#2751 8 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

The Flipper Optos off the buttons go to the Fliptronics board. The Fliptronics board tells the flipper solenoids to fire and also reports switch closure to the MPU. I'm going to guess that your flipper doesn't work when you try to set a high score either. Try reseating connector J903 on the fliptronics board first.

^^ This

Also see if the actuator is moving out of the opto far enough when the button is pressed.
Clean the optos with windex or alcohol

#2752 8 years ago

Its J905 according to the manual, J905-1 for Lower right flipper, J905-3 for Upper right flipper opto.
You could also run switch test to verify correct working of both optos.

#2753 8 years ago

Okay, so reflecting after a decade of Drac owning me. I got Drac from a friend that had completely shopped him out. It's the only pin that I have played continuously for 3 hours straight multiple times. Over those 10 years I had considered myself a better then average BSD player. In this last year I have fairly routinely put up respectable scores(700,000 plus) one out of every 6-7 games. So this year I brought BSD to the tourney at Southern fried gameroom expo. With doing this I new I would have to give him a good shopping. I did the usual cleaning, 2 coats of wax, and some Titan silicone rubber with a good bit of standard white rubber. From the tourney till now some of the best players in the world put up scores at 1 billion plus or minus 200,000. I myself have put up 75 games and have yet to break 400,000 with EB's turned off. For the past 2-3 years I have been very torn with buying an Ironman. Honestly, I thought it was the only pin that was more replayable then Drac. Now that I've gotten a real feel for IM and have finally shopped out Drac I wholeheartedly know that Drac is superior. IM may be faster but not even half as frustrating or as cool. Charlie

#2754 8 years ago

What are the best settings for a mediocre player? Just leave it as the defaults?

I've had BSD for a month now and I absolutely love it. It kicks my ass and I'd had hours of "one more game". I'm a nerd so I track my pinball scores and they are distributed as follows:
6-89M 49%
89-172M 26%
172-255M 13%
255-339M 6%
339-422M 5%

My question/ problem is thus: My scores seem most dependent on getting a good bats and getting rats on my first ball. If you can get a good round of both on ball 1 that is worth +170M. That seems unbalanced to me. I guess once you start getting scored in the billions 170M doesn't seem like much but even on my best game that is nearly half my score. I can usually get 1-2 multiballs per game but they don't last long and I lucky if I can hit 6 10 million shots. I just had what was my best ball ever with 2 mutliballs going and got the castle jackpot but my sore was still sub 200M because I had a crappy bats and no rats. Do you guys leave bats at the default settings? What about increasing the ball saver? What do other mediocre players do?

#2755 8 years ago

All I can really advise on owning Drac is learn to truly appreciate the blood letting, try your best to predict the future, and be very aware of every millisecond that ticks by. Settings are almost irrelevant, Drac may very well already own your soul.

#2756 8 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

Do you guys leave bats at the default settings? What about increasing the ball saver? What do other mediocre players do?

I sold my first bsd because it was too hard. I think bsd makes or breaks a mediocre player.. You get better or get beat down.

Going to 5 ball and softening the rules did little to nothing till I got better.

#2757 8 years ago

bsd is fun & easy to understand
but yes, more than hard if you want to score big points, not only because the outlanes are eating balls, but also with your gameplay tactic/risk, on how you wanna play the MBs...

#2758 8 years ago

Hey, if one of you guys get a chance to look at your entry ramp, can someone tell me if their rivet backings stick out as far as the picture below? Thanks!

IMG_20150630_023354_980.jpgIMG_20150630_023354_980.jpg

#2759 8 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Hey, if one of you guys get a chance to look at your entry ramp, can someone tell me if their rivet backings stick out as far as the picture below? Thanks!

No. That washer is too large a diameter and also looks to be too thick.

#2760 8 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

No. That washer is too large a diameter and also looks to be too thick.

That is the only size that came with the pinrestore riveting kit. Lots of different rivet sizes but only one backing size. Does anyone know what size is needed for BSD and I would assume most W/B tables?

#2761 8 years ago

Hello everyone!

Recently joined the club. New additions include alternate translite and laser topper. Previous owner installed custom dracula, blue moon conversion and alternate decals. This game is brutal! But so much fun to play!

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

#2762 8 years ago
Quoted from Det_Deckard:

Anyone know how to fix chipped lighting bolts? It might be just the clearcoat. Has any made new inserts?

?

#2763 8 years ago

I don't think the inserts have been reproduced...you can get some liquid poly and eyedropper it in the cracks....I think some people do the same with superglue.

Start a new thread specifically asking this question and you'll get far more info. Lots of restorers don't read these owners/club threads.

#2764 8 years ago

Also check vid1900's playfield restoration thread.

#2765 8 years ago

Just a test vid watch the lighting on the back

#2766 8 years ago

So, I was playing a game lastnight, and I think my right gate is randomly opening and letting the mist ball out. It was late with the lights off, so I wasn't REALLY paying attention, but I saw the mist ball roll onto the PF as if the right gate had opened up and let it drop right out. The game recognized it and reloaded it while I kept the game ball in play.

Anyone have any ideas on this one? Maybe it was a freak accident....?

#2767 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So, I was playing a game lastnight, and I think my right gate is randomly opening and letting the mist ball out.

Check the spring on the right gate. Also check if the gate is bent outwards, which most of them are, the ball can fall into a position where the opto isn't blocked and the game loses the mist ball.

#2768 8 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

Check the spring on the right gate. Also check if the gate is bent outwards, which most of them are, the ball can fall into a position where the opto isn't blocked and the game loses the mist ball.

Thanks, Terry. I am assuming if the gate is bent outwards, the ball can roll forward enough to trick the game into thinking the ball is not in the gated area, and it instinctively thinks the ball is not there and opens the gate to "restock" the mist ball?

Before I saw your suggestion, I took the Fliptronics II board out, cleaned all female pins associated with the right gate (J907 and J903), re-flowed the solder on all the pins, put deoxit on each pin, put di-electric grease on each pin, and torqued all the mounted bolts down good (ensuring good grounds). I also re-slowed the solder joints for the 2 wires to the solenoid responsible for the opening and closing of the gate. No effect.

I also noticed that in the magnet test as the ball rolls from the left gate to the right gate, the right gate sporadically opens up and down in a VERY weak manner....BUT during the game the gate works perfectly.

I am sure the two problems are connected to the same fault.....

I'll check the gate bar's orientation and spring next. Should the gate be REALLY strong, weak or "mid-strength" ?

#2769 8 years ago

After owning a BSD for over two months, I started tweaking with the default settings. Of course is a question of tastes, but what do you consider ideal home settings for this brutal pin? As you will see, I overall made the game easier: with default settings I used to have one fun, exciting game out of 50 games started, and probably 25/30 games extremely frustrating, depressing, very annoying and seriously no fun at all. With the new setup the ratio for fun games is probably 1/8, with much less frustrastion in general, but still enough of "healthy" disappointment. Its still difficult to score above 1B. My high score is 3.8B.

Here my set up: "narrow" outlanes, and i say " "narrow" " because they are still eating lots of balls! I think regular outlanes makes the game way too random, and wide outlanes makes the game simply stupid.
5 balls.
Easy settings (not very different from default settings actually), excluding video mode: hard settings here (with default settings video wave 1 is too easy and boring, while with hard settings even the first wave requires some attention).
No replays (why to have that in free play at home?!), instead extra balls.
Extra balls: there is room for 4 extra balls, so why not use all of them at home? The maximum level allowed by the software is 2.5B. The first achievement is at 300M by default, so I would leave it as it is. So I finally set extra balls at 300M, 800M, 1.5B, 2.5B.

What do you think?

#2770 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Thanks, Terry. I am assuming if the gate is bent outwards, the ball can roll forward enough to trick the game into thinking the ball is not in the gated area, and it instinctively thinks the ball is not there and opens the gate to "restock" the mist ball?

Yes.

Quoted from NPO:

I also noticed that in the magnet test as the ball rolls from the left gate to the right gate, the right gate sporadically opens up and down in a VERY weak manner....BUT during the game the gate works perfectly.

The coils are not really strong, but that should not happen. You might want to start a thread on your issues (PM me the post), and yes the two problems may relate and be an issue with the long opto. See the following article on troubleshooting mist multiball.

http://pinballrehab.com/1-articles/solid-state-repair/game-specific-toys/200-mist-multiball

I would not use di-electric grease in a pinball environment. I think it causes more problems than it solves and is really just masking a problem.

#2771 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

After owning a BSD for over two months, I started tweaking with the default settings. Of course is a question of tastes, but what do you consider ideal home settings for this brutal pin? As you will see, I overall made the game easier: with default settings I used to have one fun, exciting game out of 50 games started, and probably 25/30 games extremely frustrating, depressing, very annoying and seriously no fun at all. With the new setup the ratio for fun games is probably 1/8, with much less frustrastion in general, but still enough of "healthy" disappointment. Its still difficult to score above 1B. My high score is 3.8B.
Here my set up: "narrow" outlanes, and i say " "narrow" " because they are still eating lots of balls! I think regular outlanes makes the game way too random, and wide outlanes makes the game simply stupid.
5 balls.
Easy settings (not very different from default settings actually), excluding video mode: hard settings here (with default settings video wave 1 is too easy and boring, while with hard settings even the first wave requires some attention).
No replays (why to have that in free play at home?!), instead extra balls.
Extra balls: there is room for 4 extra balls, so why not use all of them at home? The maximum level allowed by the software is 2.5B. The first achievement is at 300M by default, so I would leave it as it is. So I finally set extra balls at 300M, 800M, 1.5B, 2.5B.
What do you think?

The only thing I've done is make video mode harder and lighting special easier. I leave replays on because it's nice to hear/see those animations once in a while. I may make lighting special even easier because in a home environment it's just for fun anyway. This way you get the outlanes lit more and that's always fun.

#2772 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

The only thing I've done is make video mode harder and lighting special easier. I leave replays on because it's nice to hear/see those animations once in a while. I may make lighting special even easier because in a home environment it's just for fun anyway. This way you get the outlanes lit more and that's always fun.

Agreed for easier special. Default settings are incredibly high, even in my best games I barely lighted the specials.
Which settings did you choose for lightning special?

#2773 8 years ago

So, an update to my problems from yesterday:

I took Terry's advice and bent my gate very strongly inwards. I did this by using two tiny pairs of pliers and grabbed the gate on opposite sides so the pliers grabbed both the horizontal and vertical bars in the same grip. I then bent firmly but gently inwards, and you could tell the gate had bent inwards a little bit. I played the game for pretty much 30 solid minutes without incident (the gate stayed shut).

I still am having the weird problem with the right gate not staying up when the ball is to enter the right gate coming from left to right. I am going to do some digging here at Pinside, and if I can't find it, I'll start a new thread.

Thanks, Terry!

#2774 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Agreed for easier special. Default settings are incredibly high, even in my best games I barely lighted the specials.
Which settings did you choose for lightning special?

I think default is 15 rat holes. I knocked it down to 7 and still rarely see it.

#2775 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I think default is 15 rat holes. I knocked it down to 7 and still rarely see it.

Yes, 15 rat holes basically never happens. 7 also quite rare, but looks like a reasonable setting in order to see it showing up sometimes. I will change mine to 7 too!

#2776 8 years ago

Hi all,

I found one of the little rats at the bottom of my cabinet.
Can anyone list out where they all should be?

I have one on the plastic above the ball shooter lane,
one at the start of the main loop and one at the end of this loop where the ball returns to the right lane.

Thanks!

#2777 8 years ago

Sounds like a mod... I don't have any rats.

Speaking of mods, has anyone created a sticker yet for this ugly white area on the backside of the ramp?

BSD.jpgBSD.jpg

#2778 8 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Speaking of mods, has anyone created a sticker yet for this ugly white area on the backside of the ramp?

Oh, that's a brilliant idea, you should totally get someone on that.

#2779 8 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Man you beat me to it-great idea! There's so much talent on Pinside, someone should easily be able to do this!!!

#2780 8 years ago

Anyone know where this clear plastic goes?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2781 8 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Anyone know where this clear plastic goes?

image.jpg

I think thats the top of one of the subways.

#2782 8 years ago

So I picked up a BSD a few months ago. Been running into a problem with the right ramp. I would say about 50% of the time when you shoot the ball up the ramp, it will fly off it, smack something then come back down. I know that whoever had it before me had a bunch of incorrect screw sizes and missing ones as well. Does anyone have a map of what screws and nuts go where? I'm guessing this is at least part of the problem..

#2783 8 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

So I picked up a BSD a few months ago. Been running into a problem with the right ramp. I would say about 50% of the time when you shoot the ball up the ramp, it will fly off it, smack something then come back down. I know that whoever had it before me had a bunch of incorrect screw sizes and missing ones as well. Does anyone have a map of what screws and nuts go where? I'm guessing this is at least part of the problem..

Bet you're missing this clear plastic...without it, the ball will not go up the right ramp as it should.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-dracula-clear-plastic-reproductions-available

#2784 8 years ago

This is probably going to sound really stupid but....ok I took a look at my right ramp and did not see those pieces, but I also cant figure out where on earth they would go..I looked at the map on the manual and couldn't figure it out either. Could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

#2785 8 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

This is probably going to sound really stupid but....ok I took a look at my right ramp and did not see those pieces, but I also cant figure out where on earth they would go..I looked at the map on the manual and couldn't figure it out either. Could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Take a pic of area in question and it'd help

#2786 8 years ago

OK, so I looked again real quick...are they supposed to go above the right ramp where the ramp that lifts meets the rest of the ramp (for lack of a better description)

Here are some snap shots I took. Please excuse it being dirty, haven't had time to do a proper cleaning or track down new ramps..

drac_ramp.jpgdrac_ramp.jpg

#2787 8 years ago

Does this flasher have a number in the test diags? As I can not appear to find the test for it.

IMG_0842.jpegIMG_0842.jpeg

Sadly the flasher is not working in game and I can not find a test for it.

thanks in advance

#2788 8 years ago

Are you missing the whole back part of the coffin? The tombstone looking part that has the two lamps?

Quoted from mizzou:OK, so I looked again real quick...are they supposed to go above the right ramp where the ramp that lifts meets the rest of the ramp (for lack of a better description)
Here are some snap shots I took. Please excuse it being dirty, haven't had time to do a proper cleaning or track down new ramps..

20150719_234853.jpg drac_ramp.jpg

#2789 8 years ago

Deleted

#2790 8 years ago
Quoted from ktrain315:

Are you missing the whole back part of the coffin? The tombstone looking part that has the two lamps?

No, I have it, it is just not currently installed. The person who had it before me was missing a bunch of posts so it was sorta just hanging there. I just haven't gotten around to installing it correctly yet.

#2791 8 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

No, I have it, it is just not currently installed. The person who had it before me was missing a bunch of posts so it was sorta just hanging there. I just haven't gotten around to installing it correctly yet.

You are missing the plastic. Search within this thread. There are good pictures showing where it goes.

#2792 8 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Does this flasher have a number in the test diags? As I can not appear to find the test for it.
IMG_0842.jpeg
Sadly the flasher is not working in game and I can not find a test for it.
thanks in advance

Probably #20 - T. L. Corner/Mina - this means both flashers go off. Mina is referring to the woman on the backglass. So you'll see one there, and under the graveyard at the same time.

#17 is T. R. Corner/Dracula for comparison.

#2793 8 years ago

would somebody please take the time for a photo for all 3 pop bumper leaf/EOS switch wiring? I am getting a ground 1 short error report and a wire is off a terminal and I have tried every option possible. thanks.

#2794 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

would somebody please take the time for a photo for all 3 pop bumper leaf/EOS switch wiring? I am getting a ground 1 short error report and a wire is off a terminal and I have tried every option possible. thanks.

I have some shop out pics, I'll take a look.

#2795 8 years ago

You can sorta see the colors of all 3. Does this help at all? If not I'll try to get a better one.

IMG_20150721_223809_944.jpgIMG_20150721_223809_944.jpg

#2796 8 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

You can sorta see the colors of all 3. Does this help at all? If not I'll try to get a better one.

thanks Glarrow..can you take individual pics of the left, bottom, and right EOS switch wires for the pops? I have a jumper wire from the right pop bumper that piggy backs to either the lower bottom pop or to the left pop. i'll take pics if this doesn't make any sense. thanks.

edit, not anything to do with the solenoid wiring, just the switches

#2797 8 years ago

No problem, give me a few min get the loose stuff off the top and flip the game around on my rotisserie.

#2798 8 years ago

Here is an individual shot of all 3.

IMG_20150721_225328_397.jpgIMG_20150721_225328_397.jpg

IMG_20150721_225352_129.jpgIMG_20150721_225352_129.jpg

IMG_20150721_225412_063.jpgIMG_20150721_225412_063.jpg

#2799 8 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

flip the game around on my rotisserie.

I don't know if you have to get that crazy. I would just need individual pics of the wiring to each terminal for each pop bumper switch. thanks for taking your time!

jordan

#2800 8 years ago

ok, so the big question is where does the yellow wire (attached to the 2 green/blue wires, 3 total wires on the terminal) on your final 3rd picture connect to? this is the wire I need to re-solder...thanks again brother

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 5.00
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,143 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.