IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg
20240314_090424 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240310_205042362 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,145 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 223.
#2551 8 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I stripped my coin door and gave all the plastic pieces a good soak in simple green. It makes me cringe every time my little ones stick their fingers in the return slots, so I also lined the bottom of those with mylar.

Good idea, now you just need to add these:

dracula_reject.pngdracula_reject.png
#2552 8 years ago

oh yeah! Thanks for that.

#2553 8 years ago

New topper 30$ ebay

image.jpgimage.jpg image-175.jpgimage-175.jpg
2 weeks later
#2554 8 years ago

I started having problems with my mist so figured I would post here first. When the machine is first turned on, in loads the ball in the right pocket. Then it opens the gate and let's the ball out. Keeps doing this several times. Diagnostics show the long opto not being triggered when it loads the ball.

However, if the game is left on for a while, everything works perfectly. Was thinking it was caps on the opto board, but they were replaced with no effect.

#2555 8 years ago

If the right gate is bent, the ball can fall into a position where it does not close either the long beam opto or the short opto. In your case it is most likely unloading the ball because of the short opto rather than the long opto. Run the mist multiball diagnostics and see what happens.

http://pinballrehab.com/1-articles/solid-state-repair/game-specific-toys/200-mist-multiball

#2556 8 years ago

I'd use your hands and try to place the ball deeper in the pocket and see if it still wants to run and drop the ball, do you see the proper optos triggered in the switch test menu?

#2557 8 years ago

I've got a technical question.

My Drac plays great. No credit dot or anything. It's only technical flaw (and a very shitty one at that) is that it looses count of the balls when in 4-ball multiball. After a 4-ball multiball, when I'm back to single ball play, the flippers die and I get a bonus count. Pun intended.

Anyone know where I should look to fix this?

#2558 8 years ago

Through switches sound flaky!

I would start here:

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Switch_Problems

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

#2559 8 years ago
Quoted from jimbeam42:

I started having problems with my mist so figured I would post here first. When the machine is first turned on, in loads the ball in the right pocket. Then it opens the gate and let's the ball out. Keeps doing this several times. Diagnostics show the long opto not being triggered when it loads the ball.
However, if the game is left on for a while, everything works perfectly. Was thinking it was caps on the opto board, but they were replaced with no effect.

Its the capacitor on the opto board ive helped many people by telling them to replace it which ones were replaced on what board and were they the correct ones?.pm me if you need more info

#2560 8 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

I've got a technical question.
My Drac plays great. No credit dot or anything. It's only technical flaw (and a very shitty one at that) is that it looses count of the balls when in 4-ball multiball. After a 4-ball multiball, when I'm back to single ball play, the flippers die and I get a bonus count. Pun intended.
Anyone know where I should look to fix this?

Talked about in this thread a dozen times probably. Trough switches, optos, or opto board.

#2561 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Talked about in this thread a dozen times probably. Trough switches, optos, or opto board.

Now now...you play nice. Just because YOU know the possibilities, doesn't mean everyone here does .

#2562 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Now now...you play nice. Just because YOU know the possibilities, doesn't mean everyone here does .

Sorry, I didn't mean for that to sound so douchey.

#2563 8 years ago

Guess this makes it a 13-in-a-dozen-question then eh?

I don't read all topics from a to z. Excuse me for my ignorance.

And thanks for telling me where to look, people!

#2564 8 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

Guess this makes it a 13-in-a-dozen-question then eh?
I don't read all topics from a to z. Excuse me for my ignorance.
And thanks for telling me where to look, people!

Again, sorry for sounding like a jerk, I just meant you should be able to find it by searching.

The issue is that the game is losing track of balls. It thinks there is a ball sitting in the trough, or in the mist hole, or in a castle lock when there really isn't one. So go into switch test and make sure all of those switches are acting properly. A flaky opto often causes this problem. Sometimes it's an issue on the opto board under the playfield that causes it.

#2565 8 years ago

Tried my hand at painting the models this weekend.... I figured no matter what they couldn't look worse than stock. I was inspired by mclad's paint job he posted last year. Nowhere near as nice as his, but I'm pretty happy with the result considering I've never painted anything like this before.

castle.jpgcastle.jpg graveyard.jpggraveyard.jpg
#2566 8 years ago

Great job MMP!!

Put a green LED-strip into that graveyard, makes a great effect

#2567 8 years ago

Thanks man. That brings up another point... I ended up pulling my LED strip out of the graveyard because it looked really crappy after the paint job, not letting enough light through. I put a spotlight at the base of the graveyard instead.

#2568 8 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Tried my hand at painting the models this weekend.... I figured no matter what they couldn't look worse than stock. I was inspired by mclad's paint job he posted last year. Nowhere near as nice as his, but I'm pretty happy with the result considering I've never painted anything like this before.

castle.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
graveyard.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Impressive! How did you do the Castle? Paint gray and then fill in with black using a tiny pencil?

#2569 8 years ago

I used some flat Testors paint, I think this set was for painting military models. The castle was already mostly black, so it is fairly easy to dry brush the gray on. Let that dry then brush on some white for highlights.

For the graveyard I had to paint the stones black first, then gray, then white. The nice thing is if something gets messed up just add more layers. There are a lot of good textures in the castle that are hard to see in the stock model. Dry brushing a little bit of paint on there really brings out those details.

#2570 8 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

castle.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
graveyard.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

looks great nice job!

#2571 8 years ago

Hello, I am a brand new BSD owner and having lots of fun!

A question: when the ball is ready to be launched, my launch ball button does flash only sometimes, while other times the light is off. Is this normal behaviour or the button is supposed to flash all the time the ball is ready to be launched? If it is a problem, what could be the cause?

#2572 8 years ago

Hi all, I picked up my BSD about a month ago. Totally love it. Its a really tough game and like others have said, you keep coming back for more.

Question - sometimes when the ball goes in the mystery hole, it gets ejected straight away back to the left flipper. So the playfield is still dark and the ball is back in play. If you get mist, you get your ball back long before mist starts.
Does anyone else have this happen? Any ideas what to do about it? It seems to happen at first, then a bit of playing later, it functions as it should.

Very happy to be a BSD owner!!!

#2573 8 years ago
Quoted from galaga50:

Hi all, I picked up my BSD about a month ago. Totally love it. Its a really tough game and like others have said, you keep coming back for more.
Question - sometimes when the ball goes in the mystery hole, it gets ejected straight away back to the left flipper. So the playfield is still dark and the ball is back in play. If you get mist, you get your ball back long before mist starts.
Does anyone else have this happen? Any ideas what to do about it? It seems to happen at first, then a bit of playing later, it functions as it should.

Lots of bugs in bsd code since it never got updated

#2574 8 years ago

ok, found out that the launch ball problem simply depended from a wire no properly attached.

another question: during the light test, light 16 does not work, and I cannot locate it on the playfield. Its called "right ramp lock". Where is it?

#2575 8 years ago

^^ it's under the right ramp, just before the position the lift-ramp goes into the fixed ramp.

#2576 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

ok, found out that the launch ball problem simply depended from a wire no properly attached.
another question: during the light test, light 16 does not work, and I cannot locate it on the playfield. Its called "right ramp lock". Where is it?

Theres a green light under the right ramp to let you know when its lifted for a ball lock

#2577 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Theres a green light under the right ramp to let you know when its lifted for a ball lock

isn't that the left ramp diverter?

#2578 8 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

^^ it's under the right ramp, just before the position the lift-ramp goes into the fixed ramp.

thanks, but i cannot understand... when does this light switch on?

#2579 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

isn't that the left ramp diverter?

One there also above diverter but theres also a vreen light under the right ramp

#2580 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

thanks, but i cannot understand... when does this light switch on?

When the right ramp is lifted. Right in front of the hole the ball falls into.

#2581 8 years ago
Quoted from galaga50:

This sounds like the mystery switch isn't working. I think its mounted in the subway under the playfield.

#2582 8 years ago

Green Incans above the coffin. The only mod in drac that matters

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2583 8 years ago

ok, got it. thanks all.

#2584 8 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Tried my hand at painting the models this weekend.... I figured no matter what they couldn't look worse than stock. I was inspired by mclad's paint by ChampionDeals"> job he posted last year. Nowhere near as nice as his, but I'm pretty happy with the result considering I've never painted anything like this before.

castle.jpg (Click image to by ChampionDeals"> enlarge)
graveyard.jpg (Click image to by ChampionDeals"> enlarge)

Those look awesome! I am glad that you posted the pictures. Yours look much better that the stock paintjob on the parts. Very well done.

#2585 8 years ago

ok, not the deepest rules, but what a nice and fun pin !
and when nicely moded, its also a real beauty for the eyes (and ears)

#2586 8 years ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Green Incans above the coffin. The only mod in drac that matters

i prefer them blue i think it compliments the blue throughout the game. green symbolizes mist to me.

#2587 8 years ago

hello, I need to replace castle flasher (n.21). I can see it on the pf, but I can hardly reach it with my fingers. I tried to unscrew the ramp and the castle, but still cannot get to it. Is it needed to unmount all the structures on the right side of the pinball to reach to it??

#2588 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

hello, I need to replace castle flasher (n.21). I can see it on the pf, but I can hardly reach it with my fingers. I tried to unscrew the ramp and the castle, but still cannot get to it. Is it needed to unmount all the structures on the right side of the pinball to reach to it??

Can you unscrew it from underneath? even if you can the bulb may not fit out the hole.

#2589 8 years ago

yes, that's how to do it (the bulb comes out easily) . sorry a newbie here.

thanks.

#2590 8 years ago

Any news on reproduction ramps for BSD? Starship fantasy was supposed to make last I heard?

#2591 8 years ago
Quoted from Tyson1868:

Any news on reproduction ramps for BSD? Starship fantasy was supposed to make last I heard?

Supposedly one of the last Pinball Inc (?) was going to make. Don't hold your breath.

#2592 8 years ago
Quoted from Tyson1868:

They are saying it's on their list to have done in 2015 (Starship Fantasy)

#2593 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

They are saying it's on their list to have done in 2015 (Starship Fantasy)

Yep, I talked to them at Zapcon this year. Fingers crossed!

#2594 8 years ago

Are the words 'Love Never Dies' directly under the DMD meant to light up?

#2595 8 years ago
Quoted from galaga50:

Yup during certain times they are 906 bulbs

#2596 8 years ago
Quoted from galaga50:

Yes, 3 flashbulbs back there. CT's love never dies kit adds a color changing strip that is lit all the time.

#2597 8 years ago

Hmmm, thanks. Mine don't light up - will have to have a look.

#2598 8 years ago
Quoted from galaga50:

Hmmm, thanks. Mine don't light up - will have to have a look.

It gets unplugged alot bc non pinheads aren't sure where it goes lol

#2599 8 years ago

Hi,

I have a problem with the launch button. At first the flashing light (when the ball is ready for launch) did not work. I realized a wire was loose, so I solder it and the problem seemed to be solved. But now the light (which is supposed to flash when the ball is ready to be launched, right?) does work only sometimes. I do not touch the wires, but sometimes it works, sometimes not. Also, I rarely have the problem that the launch system does not work at all: I push the button and but the ball is not launched at all. When this happens, its enough to switch the pinball off and the launch button immediately works fine again.

Do you think there is a problem on the whole launch button assembly? Can the two issues possibly be related?

#2600 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Hi,
I have a problem with the launch button. At first the flashing light (when the ball is ready for launch) did not work. I realized a wire was loose, so I solder it and the problem seemed to be solved. But now the light (which is supposed to flash when the ball is ready to be launched, right?) does work only sometimes. I do not touch the wires, but sometimes it works, sometimes not. Also, I rarely have the problem that the launch system does not work at all: I push the button and but the ball is not launched at all. When this happens, its enough to switch the pinball off and the launch button immediately works fine again.
Do you think there is a problem on the whole launch button assembly? Can the two issues possibly be related?

Definitely sounds like the actual assembly issue but I would make sure all the wiring is connected good first.also make sure its nice and tight so the launch button bis hitting the switch

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,145 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.