IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 224.
#2501 9 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Repro play fields for BSD would be love hate for me.. totally love to get one, hate that i'm dumping a decent pile of cash into the game.

I'd hate scratching the check, sure, but I know I'd hate it less and less each time I looked at the game, too. My playfield isn't terrible, but it's certainly not mint, either.

#2502 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Ok, this is pretty much what I was thinking. Maybe his rationale is that BSD is on average a $2500 game and maybe people wouldn't spend $1000 on a perfect playfield? I guess he hasn't seen what they go for when they do pop up or how quickly?
I just can't imagine that considering how valuable CC is that there are many people with one that has a trashed playfield to begin with.

Personally, I'd buy another game before a playfield for that kind of money. And my pf is no peach either.

#2503 9 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Personally, I'd buy another game before a playfield for that kind of money. And my pf is no peach either.

And maybe that's what Mirco figures most people would do too. My game looks good and plays great (when something doesn't stop working), but a new playfield would sure look pretty in it and I'd love to see what it played like clear coated and smooth as glass.

#2504 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

And maybe that's what Mirco figures most people would do too. My game looks good and plays great (when something doesn't stop working), but a new playfield would sure look pretty in it and I'd love to see what it played like clear coated and smooth as glass.

Yeah, I don't at all disagree, I just don't have the funds to make that happen, so I'd rather have another game rather than beautify my existing ones. Believe me. I wish I could!

#2505 9 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

BackAlleyMatt

Thanks.
Already tried Matt.
Although he seemed very positive about helping me out with this coffin mod (and another small thing I needed for a custom pin project) I've only had one reply from him and he seems really tied up.

#2506 9 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Thanks.
Already tried Matt.
Although he seemed very positive about helping me out with this coffin mod (and another small thing I needed for a custom pin project) I've only had one reply from him and he seems really tied up.

Yeah, I'm sure he's busy (and will get more busy for Hobbit production). I know he's not on pinside all the time. For whatever that's worth.

#2507 9 years ago

Well after a few days of play testing all I can say is

Holy hell this game is f'n hard
I like it

#2508 9 years ago

My BSD didn't look terribly dirty, but I started cleaning it up last weekend. I don't really want to put a cliffy on the rats hole. Has anyone used a bit of mylar for this area? Not sure if that would just end up looking bad, or not enough protection.

I could also use a set of sling plastics if anyone has a spare set to sell. Used, not broken would be fine too.

before.jpgbefore.jpg after.jpgafter.jpg
#2509 9 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

My BSD didn't look terribly dirty, but I started cleaning it up last weekend. I don't really want to put a cliffy on the rats hole. Has anyone used a bit of mylar for this area? Not sure if that would just end up looking bad, or not enough protection.
I could also use a set of sling plastics if anyone has a spare set to sell. Used, not broken would be fine too.

My rat hole has a factory mylar spot on the kick out. Doesn't help save the hole itself. Mine was pretty good but I cliffy'ed it anyway. Doesn't hurt the shot at all.

#2510 9 years ago

Yay! I joined the club a while ago, but just pulled it out recently to get it working. I have the crappy playfield and am going to get it cleared, but luckily I have such a nice example it's still currently in perfect shape.

Question - for Mist Multiball, my game loses the ball about halfway across. From what I can tell, this is the opto board. I found the replacement board for it, but it seems that it is only made in Australia - is that right? Is it worth it? I generally much prefer replacing old stuff with new stuff than repairing it, but like to make sure they are decent first.

#2511 9 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Yay! I joined the club a while ago, but just pulled it out recently to get it working. I have the crappy playfield and am going to get it cleared, but luckily I have such a nice example it's still currently in perfect shape.
Question - for Mist Multiball, my game loses the ball about halfway across. From what I can tell, this is the opto board. I found the replacement board for it, but it seems that it is only made in Australia - is that right? Is it worth it? I generally much prefer replacing old stuff with new stuff than repairing it, but like to make sure they are decent first.

The homepin board? Search the thread and you'll see several people raving about it in here.

#2512 9 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

The homepin board? Search the thread and you'll see several people raving about it in here.

Yup, that one.

Is it only sold from Australia, or do any US sellers carry it? I'm in no rush, just curious, and I couldn't find a US seller in my searching.

#2513 9 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Yup, that one.
Is it only sold from Australia, or do any US sellers carry it? I'm in no rush, just curious.

send your board into Clive at coin-op cauldron. great service and return time (you don't have to wait 3 months for the 'kit' from homepin.

#2514 9 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Yup, that one.
Is it only sold from Australia, or do any US sellers carry it? I'm in no rush, just curious, and I couldn't find a US seller in my searching.

Pretty sure they're the only ones that sell it.

#2515 9 years ago

I just picked up a set of the pinbits ramp flaps and they're a lighter color then the originals. If anyone has those installed, I'd appreciate a pic or two to see how they look in the game. Thanks!

#2516 9 years ago

Stainless vs blue spring steel
Your love for them will last forever......

#2517 9 years ago

Yeah, I have a set, though I only needed the shooter lane one. Don't think I have a pic, but I know that's not the one you're curious about anyway. I'd be interested in seeing the ramp ones installed as well.

#2518 9 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I can tell you now if homepin has made it, it will be good , haven't had to replace mine yet but home pin will be the only place i go to , have a look around on aussiearcade or aussiepinball , Mike is keeping the aussie pinball scene healthy along with a few other very good suppliers in Aus . If he can help you with anything pinny or arcade related he will .

#2519 9 years ago

Yeah I have the homepin boards and they are great.

#2520 9 years ago

Any leads for the center plastic & slingshot plastic protectors. Looking to pick these up for a soon to be delivered BSD. I did check the usual sellers and sold out. Thanks-Joe

#2521 9 years ago

Hi Joe, Little Shop of Games has the center plastic. G.L. Joe

#2522 9 years ago

Here is your plastic protectors

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-dracula-plastic-protectors

I also put my daughter who is on her break from college to work

photo 1.JPGphoto 1.JPG photo 2.JPGphoto 2.JPG
#2523 9 years ago

I almost joined you guys...sigh. Just looking for everlasting love...

#2524 9 years ago
Quoted from gatordad:

photo 1.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
photo 2.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Hey GatorDad we're practically neighbors, just picked up a BSD a couple months ago!

#2525 9 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Any leads for the center plastic & slingshot plastic protectors. Looking to pick these up for a soon to be delivered BSD. I did check the usual sellers and sold out. Thanks-Joe

Little shop of games has everything u need

#2526 9 years ago
Quoted from gatordad:

photo 1.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
photo 2.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

She dont look old enough to be in college or im just getting to old to remember lol

#2527 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Little shop of games has everything u need

Thanks! Appreciate the info.

#2528 9 years ago
Quoted from joe2012:

Hi Joe, Little Shop of Games has the center plastic. G.L. Joe

Thanks!

#2530 9 years ago

Would someone please post or send me a link to pictures? I'm looking for shopout coffin pics. I'm reassembling now, and wondering about wiring on the Dracula lightboard, which 2x2 molex connector that should be going to on the bottom? During teardown I noticed my Dracula seemed a bit melted in the chest. One of these lights burns extremely hot, the middle is dim and the bottom isn't working.

#2531 9 years ago

I am guessing the previous person to shop this just swapped out the GI molex connectors with the coffin VUK.

Got my game back together and had an issue with the right opto not working for mist. Apparently the two GI bulbs next to the opto need to remain incandescent, because it worked right after switching them out.

#2532 9 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I almost joined you guys...sigh. Just looking for everlasting love...

Don't give up brother, trust me it's worth the search.....

#2533 9 years ago
Quoted from gatordad:

not sure this is nice (repainting the red with a marquer), as i saw already few pins remade as it, and it was quite awfull...

but may be there're some technics to avoid "lines", as not only doing it while making round & round !?

#2534 9 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I am guessing the previous person to shop this just swapped out the GI molex connectors with the coffin VUK.
Got my game back together and had an issue with the right opto not working for mist. Apparently the two GI bulbs next to the opto need to remain incandescent, because it worked right after switching them out.

Type of LED must matter, I haven't had a problem with mine, but it's definitely a problem for some people.

#2535 9 years ago

Other issue I have (no more time now, will have to troubleshoot later) is castle lock sometimes releases the ball when it should be held. Then 2 balls end up in the shooter lane. Maybe a problem with the top wireform switch needing adjustment?

#2536 9 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Other issue I have (no more time now, will have to troubleshoot later) is castle lock sometimes releases the ball when it should be held. Then 2 balls end up in the shooter lane. Maybe a problem with the top wireform switch needing adjustment?

Check your optos. Sounds like one of those may be staying closed or something.

#2537 9 years ago

I definitely enjoy tearing a game down to understand how everything works. BSD was probably my hardest shop to date... still fun though. I ended up cleaning those optos and readjusted the wireform, and think I have that issue ironed out. Got a few more flex LEDs on the way for tweaking.

BSD.jpgBSD.jpg
#2538 9 years ago

I finally got around to re-watching the movie the other night and noticed some interesting facts for sound/callouts in the pinball.

I noticed that all of Anthony Hopkins (Van Helsing) callouts for coffin mb in the game didn't sound like him? anybody else notice this? it seems as if they had somebody else record the same callouts, as maybe they couldn't get the rights for Hopkins?

I noticed that all of draculas callouts sound like Gary Oldman, and Keanu Reeves callouts are Keanu.

just strange that they would have most of the actors in the machine, but not Hopkins? anybody?

#2539 9 years ago

bueller, bueller, bueller. ferris bueller

#2540 9 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

bueller, bueller, bueller. ferris bueller

I'm pretty sure that's Hopkins, but for whatever reason it sounds muffled

#2541 9 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I'm pretty sure that's Hopkins, but for whatever reason it sounds muffled

interesting, I think i'll record the movie clips and the machine callouts and compare.

#2542 9 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

I finally got around to re-watching the movie the other night and noticed some interesting facts for sound/callouts in the pinball.
I noticed that all of Anthony Hopkins (Van Helsing) callouts for coffin mb in the game didn't sound like him? anybody else notice this? it seems as if they had somebody else record the same callouts, as maybe they couldn't get the rights for Hopkins?
I noticed that all of draculas callouts sound like Gary Oldman, and Keanu Reeves callouts are Keanu.
just strange that they would have most of the actors in the machine, but not Hopkins? anybody?

It sounds like Hopkins to me as well. It's just that all the quotes from the movie all sound a bit grainy but they all sound like the original actors. Oh and don't forget about Tom Waits callouts as Renfield! Such an awesome movie though. I actually LOVE it. I still watch it on a regular basis. I'm a big horror movie fan in general so I like it more than most people I think. The creepy factor is spot on!

2 weeks later
#2543 9 years ago
Quoted from EZG:

I just picked up a set of the pinbits ramp flaps and they're a lighter color then the originals. If anyone has those installed, I'd appreciate a pic or two to see how they look in the game. Thanks!

Are the ramp flaps specific to BSD? I could not find the game on the pinbits site.

#2544 9 years ago

Hello pinheads i just got my bsd about a week ago shopped it out . I put leds through out looks aussom i also put a purple led strip up top so when the lightning strikes it gives a strike heres my high score hope i dont get bored to quick i kicked his ass last night lol photo does no justice

image.jpgimage.jpg image-160.jpgimage-160.jpg
#2545 9 years ago
Quoted from Tyson1868:

Are the ramp flaps specific to BSD? I could not find the game on the pinbits site.

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=460

Quoted from Delta9:

heres my high score hope i dont get bored to quick i kicked his ass last night

put the glass back on

#2546 9 years ago

Lol aobrein5 super fun pin that video mode is off the hook Got a couple goodies im waiting on

image.jpgimage.jpg image-110.jpgimage-110.jpg image-778.jpgimage-778.jpg
#2547 9 years ago

Hello all! I am a place-holding owner of a BSD. A group of us from our League all put in some $$$$ to allow one of our members to pay off a game. It'll be his first, and he's really excited!

As I'm going over the game, which doesn't require a lot as most was covered by the previous owner, I've found that the left inlane is torn up. It seems the wireform directs the ball to the the inlane switch area. Referencing a few other photos, it seems this is how it was from the factory.

Does anybody else have this kind of wear on the left inlane? Is there an aftermarket wireform, or modification, that directs the ball above the inlane switch?

Left Inlane - with wear
left inlane.jpgleft inlane.jpg

Right Inlane - no wear
right inlane.jpgright inlane.jpg

#2548 9 years ago

I've never seen anything. Mine looks the same. I put a cliffy on it.

#2550 9 years ago

I stripped my coin door and gave all the plastic pieces a good soak in simple green. It makes me cringe every time my little ones stick their fingers in the return slots, so I also lined the bottom of those with mylar.

BSD.jpgBSD.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
$ 5.00
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 224.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.