New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 29878)

Bram Stokers Dracula Club....Welcome to the Carpathians

By shacklersrevenge

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,571 posts
  • 630 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by onemoresean
  • Topic is favorited by 246 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,353 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BSD (resized).jpg
P1010438 (resized).JPG
P1000610 (resized).JPG
P1000609 (resized).JPG
P1000608 (resized).JPG
P1000607 (resized).JPG
IMG_8608.jpeg
20201106_195127 (resized).jpg
0f9f0c370805cbe4b41bade1de6f82ec9cd471ba (resized).jpg
IMG_8410.JPG
IMG_8408.jpeg
bsd_J124-2 (resized).jpg
image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
BSD01 (resized).jpg
097325fd00492438923e621018ba9ac7a7d7e45e (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

32 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7571 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 152.
#2451 5 years ago

who cares

#2452 5 years ago

ok, the struggle continues.

I was in mist multiball and a ball hit my drop target in which video was lit. Game goes into video mode and I watch as the second ball just drops down to the trough. Again it could be for some reason the game thinks I've already drained a ball, but WTF? I'm not getting any audio cues that it thinks a ball drained, like before. Again I can't find a faulty switch on this thing....

#2453 5 years ago

That part might just be one of the normal BSD annoyances. Going into video mode when it isn't supposed to (i.e. when a multiball is running) is a known bug in the game.

#2454 5 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

That part might just be one of the normal BSD annoyances. Going into video mode when it isn't supposed to (i.e. when a multiball is running) is a known bug in the game.

Yeah, I think video mode simply starts before multiball is detected. If you can get yourself killed before the mist ball drains, it will put you into multiball.

#2455 5 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

Thanks, Neuro. I know BSD has some interesting software sometimes. Also does anyone know if its the latest rom that has the fix for for losing your bats score after a double danger on ball 3? I had that come up, I've got a rottendog mpu board with rom L-1 in it.

#2456 5 years ago

lol It did that exact same thing to me the other day doublestack. And I didn't even think to get killed in Video before the ball drained. It doesn't happen often, but next time it does I'm going to try that since a mist multiball is so much more lucrative.

#2457 5 years ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Thanks, Neuro. I know BSD has some interesting software sometimes. Also does anyone know if its the latest rom that has the fix for for losing your bats score after a double danger on ball 3? I had that come up, I've got a rottendog mpu board with rom L-1 in it.

L1 ROM is the only official one, and the warning bug is all over. Not just bats on ball three. If you get any warning on draining any ball that can happen. The only ROM currently available to fix it is the tournament ROM that papa uses. That also kneecaps the mystery reward (always 500k), so not great for home use.

#2458 5 years ago

Yea I wish someone would do a new rom fixing the bugs and maybe adding some more stuff in then the game would be probably one of the best as its already great

#2459 5 years ago

Damn, yea I remember watching a papa video, I think it was last years pinburgh and they made mention of having a rom fix. Ugh, somebody needs to get us a decent rom. Is the one papa uses for sale anywhere? I want to use this machine for league play and that would actually workout ok.

#2460 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea I wish someone would do a new rom fixing the bugs and maybe adding some more stuff in then the game would be probably one of the best as its already great

I know I brought up all of the known issues in the PPS thread. Not sure where things stand, though.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wish-list-of-bugs-in-wmsbly-wpcwpc95-code-to-fix

#2461 5 years ago

aaaaaarrrrrg.

I finally got my repaired 10 and 24 opto boards back from coin op cauldron. this eliminated my row 6 ground error (and mist opto issues). now I am trying to dial in this custom copper left gate (what a joke) and dial in the right gate and ball guide.
as of now I'm getting random 2 balls into the right gate, I'm thinking the ball isn't resting correctly or is moving during gameplay to trigger another ball into the stage area (long optos). as per this thread, I have and will continue to adjust the ball guide in the right staging area. I am also trying to figure out why the left ball gate coil doesn't open before the magnet begins to move and pull the ball, resulting in the ball being stuck in the left gate. I'm assuming this is because of the left magnet motor switch arm adjustment (lots of previous bends and hacks everywhere on every switch). lots of fine adjustment on this game I am learning. I will shit myself if I can finally play a game on this machine.

all mist tests, optos, and solenoids working in test mode. I'm starting to think my dirty harry playfield swap was a walk in the park compared to getting this machine working.....

#2462 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

I am also trying to figure out why the left ball gate coil doesn't open before the magnet begins to move and pull the ball, resulting in the ball being stuck in the left gate. I'm assuming this is because of the left magnet motor switch arm adjustment (lots of previous bends and hacks everywhere on every switch).

If the ball is in the left pocket, the coil does NOT open the gate when moving the ball from left to right. The only time it opens is at the last second when the ball is going from right to left. The left gate should open freely at all times (with your finger), because it's just being held by a spring.

#2463 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

If the ball is in the left pocket, the coil does NOT open the gate when moving the ball from left to right. The only time it opens is at the last second when the ball is going from right to left. The left gate should open freely at all times (with your finger), because it's just being held by a spring.

so the only driver for pulling the ball from the left gate is the magnet? I could have sworn the left gate coil opens the gate a second after the motor and magnet start to operate. I will be spending the rest of the night trying to resolve this. thanks aobrien.

#2464 5 years ago

so the only driver for pulling the ball from the left gate is the magnet? I could have sworn the left gate coil opens the gate a second after the motor and magnet start to operate. I will be spending the rest of the night trying to resolve this. thanks aobrien.

Actually, I'm a damn liar.

at about 2:10.

It is supposed to open, but it's still just the magnet that takes it out and I'd be surprised if the gate held it in. Does the magnet enable and the motor run? Is the gate binding? It should move freely with your finger.

#2465 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

It is supposed to open, but it's still just the magnet that takes it out and I'd be surprised if the gate held it in. Does the magnet enable and the motor run?

ya, new motor for magnet, rebuilt opto boards, replaced all optos (transceiver and recievers) everywhere that needed. all work in 'magnet' test, except the ball doesn't get pulled out from left gate (magnet begins to pull ball out of left gate, but not past it, then the left get coil triggers the gate but too late). like I said, I have this 'custom' copper left gate that is problematic (not constructed correctly). also, the left motor switch is super bent toward the center of pf, I think i'll bend it back. need to figure out why the ball doesn't always stage in the right mist area as well (when loaded from shooter lane ball sometimes rests against the entry gate and the far right side of the ball guide). like I said, so many fine adjustments I figure to get things working. thanks for taking your time to assist a fellow pinhead.

#2466 5 years ago

ya, new motor for magnet, rebuilt opto boards, replaced all optos (transceiver and recievers) everywhere that needed. all work in 'magnet' test, except the ball doesn't get pulled out from left gate (magnet begins to pull ball out of left gate, but not past it, then the left get coil triggers the gate but too late). like I said, I have this 'custom' copper left gate that is problematic (not constructed correctly). also, the left motor switch is super bent toward the center of pf, I think i'll bend it back. need to figure out why the ball doesn't always stage in the right mist area as well (when loaded from shooter lane ball sometimes rests against the entry gate and the far right side of the ball guide). like I said, so many fine adjustments I figure to get things working. thanks for taking your time to assist a fellow pinhead.

Yeah, if the left motor switch isn't releasing soon enough, that's probably what's keeping the gate from opening on time.

Can you get the long opto to trigger in switch test with a ball in the right gate? Bang on PF, rattle things around, etc. Also, get out your cell phone camera and see if you can see the opto beam around the ball where it sits in the right pocket.

#2467 5 years ago

I would like to thank all of the pinsiders that have contributed to tech information along this thread. I have owned this machine for 2-3 months, and an finally getting super close to having this machine dialed in

if anybody is making custom left copper ball gate switches I am willing to purchase.

thanks people

#2468 5 years ago

I would like to thank all of the pinsiders that have contributed to tech information along this thread. I have owned this machine for 2-3 months, and an finally getting super close to having this machine dialed in
if anybody is making custom left copper ball gate switches I am willing to purchase.
thanks people

Nice one of the purest shot games out there

#2469 5 years ago

thanks people

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/parts-by-machine/williams-parts/bram-stoker-s-dracula/12-7065.html

#2470 5 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Nice one of the purest shot games out there

agree! had it playing last night

Quoted from aobrien5:Yeah, if the left motor switch isn't releasing soon enough, that's probably what's keeping the gate from opening on time.
Can you get the long opto to trigger in switch test with a ball in the right gate? Bang on PF, rattle things around, etc. Also, get out your cell phone camera and see if you can see the opto beam around the ball where it sits in the right pocket.

adjusted the left magnet motor switch, that fixed the left gate release issue. After gameplay last night, I had a friend watch the staged ball in the right gate (as I was having random ball plunge into the stage area resulting in 2 balls in right mist gate). it seems that when i'd nudge the machine during gameplay, the single ball would move and get hung up between the entry gate and the far right side of the ball guide, resulting in the long opto not being closed. still making adjustments to get this resolved.

awesome man! thanks a million.

#2471 5 years ago

adjusted the left magnet motor switch, that fixed the left gate release issue. After gameplay last night, I had a friend watch the staged ball in the right gate (as I was having random ball plunge into the stage area resulting in 2 balls in right mist gate). it seems that when i'd nudge the machine during gameplay, the single ball would move and get hung up between the entry gate and the far right side of the ball guide, resulting in the long opto not being closed. still making adjustments to get this resolved.

Nudging is cheating!

Just kidding. Sounds like you're almost there!

#2472 5 years ago

Awesome! I ordered one also! Sounds like if that left gate ever breaks it's very difficult to locate or make a new one. Game is pretty much dead in the water without it.

#2473 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Awesome! I ordered one also! Sounds like if that left gate ever breaks it's very difficult to locate or make a new one. Game is pretty much dead in the water without it.

ya, I had to order 2 to justify another International parts order

#2474 5 years ago

Just brought my BSD inside, finished fixing the obvious stuff, CPU battery holder, replaced a few components, replaced a few burnt GI connectors and pins, I'm now play testing for a week a two to find and fix what ever other minor stuff may be wrong.

Playfield is in exceptional shape but very dirty, should shine up great when I'm done, Really starting to like this game.

#2475 5 years ago
Quoted from gatordad:

Just brought my BSD inside, finished fixing the obvious stuff, CPU battery holder, replaced a few components, replaced a few burnt GI connectors and pins, I'm now play testing for a week a two to find and fix what ever other minor stuff may be wrong.
Playfield is in exceptional shape but very dirty, should shine up great when I'm done, Really starting to like this game.

Nice!! Love my BSD!

#2476 5 years ago

If anyone has a line on some NOS proto sling plastics, then let me know. I have a want ad up for the same. Word.

#2477 5 years ago

I'm very excited to finally join this club! BSD in the house ready for playtesting then a bit of Treasure Cove love.

Does anyone have a list with number of each bulb type needed for a full LED conversion?

#2478 5 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I'm very excited to finally join this club! BSD in the house ready for playtesting then a bit of Treasure Cove love.
Does anyone have a list with number of each bulb type needed for a full LED conversion?

you should be able to find it on some of the sites that sell the kits. if not, I have one around here somewhere.

#2479 5 years ago

OK, I will ask. Just in case someone here has it handy from a recent shop, I'm not looking for a color breakdown, just the total number of 555's, etc.

#2480 5 years ago

555's in the backbox, pops and inserts should be 47's in the GI. Should be able to get a quick count if you have the machine on site. The manual should also have them listed. I can check in a bit.

#2481 5 years ago

Here is the leds I used

BSD lamps.jpeg
#2482 5 years ago

Thank you smiley! I'm stuck at work thinking about pinball.

#2483 5 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

555's in the backbox, pops and inserts should be 47's in the GI. Should be able to get a quick count if you have the machine on site. The manual should also have them listed. I can check in a bit.

There are at least a couple 555's in the GI (under the left ramp/in the coffin).

#2484 5 years ago

I'd suggest nothing less than super bright whites for the flipper slings. I don't know how people can see the ball with purple/blues in those GI's.

#2485 5 years ago

cointaker says

2x flex 555, 26x 44 in GI.
7x flex 555, 6x flex 44, 47x 555, 5x 44 in Insert/control
38x 555 in backbox
18x 906, 7x 89 in flashers

#2486 5 years ago

Any talented sculptors out there?

I've been trying to make a new coffin for my BSD using a MacFarlane figure set.
I've been able to modify the toy as much as possible but really need someone with some skill to help create the 'busting out of the crate' effect.
For those familiar with the movie, this is a far more realisitc representation. Dracula would travel to England and back in these crates filled with Transylvanian soil.

Hoping to find someone who can help me finish this and maybe take a mold so other BSD owners can enjoy it too.

20141223_225239.jpg

Here's the fit in-game before I started carving up the crates.

20141223_215502.jpg

#2487 5 years ago

Drano, that looks fantastic!

Please continue to update on the progress, maybe even make a seperate thread to make sure that
you can get some help from pinsiders?

Axl

#2488 5 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Any talented sculptors out there?
I've been trying to make a new coffin for my BSD using a MacFarlane figure set.
I've been able to modify the toy as much as possible but really need someone with some skill to help create the 'busting out of the crate' effect.
For those familiar with the movie, this is a far more realisitc representation. Dracula would travel to England and back in these crates filled with Transylvanian soil.
Hoping to find someone who can help me finish this and maybe take a mold so other BSD owners can enjoy it too.

Wow! I love that coffin set-up. Please keep everyone posted as I'm sure ALOT of BSD owners would love to have that-amazing!!!

#2489 5 years ago

That looks awesome!

#2490 5 years ago

Drano, wow best looking drac mod ive seen. very nice

#2491 5 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

Drano, wow best looking drac mod ive seen. very nice

Thanks!
Hope I can get it done.

Again, if amyone can recommend a good sculptor I'd love to work with someone to get this off the ground. I can probably pull something off myself if I had to, but would like it done right.

#2492 5 years ago

There are few things more emasculating than starting Mist MB, hitting a weak shot, and watching the captive ball grab it and slowly drag it all the way across the pf in front if you

#2493 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

There are few things more emasculating than starting Mist MB, hitting a weak shot, and watching the captive ball grab it and slowly drag it all the way across the pf in front if you

It's the worst "helpless" few seconds isn't it?

#2494 5 years ago

I hit the Mist ball squarely and the Mist ball flew off but my ball stopped dead and started along the Mist track. When the ball I'd broken loose finally got back to the flipper I smacked my ball loose again and the Mist ball got onto the magnet and finished it's journey into the left gate. That sucked.

#2495 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky347:

I hit the Mist ball squarely and the Mist ball flew off but my ball stopped dead and started along the Mist track. When the ball I'd broken loose finally got back to the flipper I smacked my ball loose again and the Mist ball got onto the magnet and finished it's journey into the left gate. That sucked.

haha yeah, similarly when the Mist MB exits the left gate and you hit it hard enough to knock the captive ball up the left ramp, the in-play ball gets captured by the magnet, but by the time the original Mist ball makes it around the ramp orbit you have no chance hit it with the right flipper. Frustratingly awesome!

#2496 5 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Thanks!
Hope I can get it done.
Again, if amyone can recommend a good sculptor I'd love to work with someone to get this off the ground. I can probably pull something off myself if I had to, but would like it done right.

BackAlleyMatt

#2497 5 years ago

Here's kind of a random question, I saw that Mirco is asking about Cactus Canyon and thinking of doing a playfield for it. Do more people actually have one of those than people with BSD? I thought it was a fairly rare title? A year ago I asked him about BSD and he told me it wasn't popular enough to merit him doing one.

#2498 5 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Here's kind of a random question, I saw that Mirco is asking about Cactus Canyon and thinking of doing a playfield for it. Do more people actually have one of those than people with BSD? I thought it was a fairly rare title? A year ago I asked him about BSD and he told me it wasn't popular enough to merit him doing one.

That's VERY frustrating to hear.

CC: 903 units
BSD: 6801 units

I don't understand why Mirco would not want to run BSD playfields, and instead run a title with less than 1000 produced. Sure, it's a high-value game, partly because of its rarity, and honestly his clientele are more likely the CC-owning types... but from a business perspective I think I'd fairly quickly decide to serve the far-larger market. Granted, there are many other popular games he hasn't done playfields for either, but 6800 is one of the larger runs of the DMD era.

#2499 5 years ago

Repro play fields for BSD would be love hate for me.. totally love to get one, hate that i'm dumping a decent pile of cash into the game.

#2500 5 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

That's VERY frustrating to hear.
CC: 903 units
BSD: 6801 units
I don't understand why Mirco would not want to run BSD playfields, and instead run a title with less than 1000 produced. Sure, it's a high-value game, partly because of its rarity, and honestly his clientele are more likely the CC-owning types... but from a business perspective I think I'd fairly quickly decide to serve the far-larger market. Granted, there are many other popular games he hasn't done playfields for either, but 6800 is one of the larger runs of the DMD era.

Ok, this is pretty much what I was thinking. Maybe his rationale is that BSD is on average a $2500 game and maybe people wouldn't spend $1000 on a perfect playfield? I guess he hasn't seen what they go for when they do pop up or how quickly?
I just can't imagine that considering how valuable CC is that there are many people with one that has a trashed playfield to begin with.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 180.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Customs
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
$ 19.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 5.00
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 63.50
Boards
PinSound
$ 109.99
$ 14.95
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hartland, MI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 25.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Norwalk, CT
$ 209.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7571 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 152.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside