IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 224.
#201 11 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Counters are often found on reimport games.

Interesting, I'll look into this. It has non-import coin door and a knocker, but the wires are cut.

#202 11 years ago

The s/n on the sticker (inside and out) the also read 220 Volts and where it was initially shipped ie France. Stickers and coindoors can be replaced but just another place to look.

Mike
www.HabosArcade.com

#203 11 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

I'm ready now that he got his keep it in NJ

You'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands!

#204 11 years ago

I was experimenting with PDI non reflective glass on a few pins. My stern titles looked better but not awesome.

Put a sheet on BSD and wow, it is staying on. Looks great.

1 week later
#205 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I was experimenting with PDI non reflective glass on a few pins. My stern titles looked better but not awesome.
Put a sheet on BSD and wow, it is staying on. Looks great.

Good to know. Planning to pick up Invisiglass when I can get down to JJP.

On other note, anyone know who has complete plastic sets in stock? Can't seem to find them anywhere.

#206 11 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

On other note, anyone know who has complete plastic sets in stock? Can't seem to find them anywhere.

Probably nobody

#207 11 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Good to know. Planning to pick up Invisiglass when I can get down to JJP.

People need to send Planetary pinball emails so that they know this game is a candidate for repro sets.

#208 11 years ago

Here's what I was doing Christmas Day. Ran short on red single posts so need to order parts and wait. Bummer.

With a little time to spare I've come up with some lighting mods I want to do. Red or purple LED at the back of the coffin ramp, lit when it's up. Red or blue GI spots on posts mounted above the slings pointed upfield. Possibly light the sanitarium, rats, and mystery scoops from below.

Note the Cliffy colored sleeves. Love the green for the ends of the mist trail.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#209 11 years ago

That is a great idea to light the tunnel once the ramps goes up. You would need to have a switch that triggers once the ramp goes up. Maybe a few purple led shining out to tell u shoot here to lock balls. I would but that mod.

#210 11 years ago

Finally starting to get some good scores on my Dracula. Got a score of 437,670,510 with lighting flippers Christmass eve. With 11 loops. Finnaly was able to knock off the factory high score champion. Also got a score of 304 million something yesterday, so i now have two high scores on there. Was able to get coffin multiball and combine it mist multiball. That is deffinetly when you can score some serious points. Well it was a good score for me and sure how it measures up to others with lighting flipplers. I see some crazy scores posted wondering if they with the lighting flippers, if they are then i guess i still suck.

#211 11 years ago

IMG_20121225_242234_284.jpgIMG_20121225_242234_284.jpg

#212 11 years ago

Anyone with a good source for lightening flippers?? The black repro ones are brittle junk unfortunately. At this point I'll take white/yellow or whatever other color may be available.

Brian

#213 11 years ago

Just joined the club...merry Xmas to me....I love the music! but I still suck at the game...good thing I got a Cyclone as well to help build my confidence.

#214 11 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Anyone with a good source for lightening flippers?? The black repro ones are brittle junk unfortunately. At this point I'll take white/yellow or whatever other color may be available.
Brian

Red ones working fine on mine.

http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/flipper-with-lightning-bolt-red-p-825.html?language=english

Love this mod as well. Red of course.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bram-Stokers-DRACULA-Pinball-playfield-light-Mod-/281040575885?pt=UK_Video_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item416f52dd8d

#215 11 years ago

Hi,

I noticed that the red lightning flippers from Pinball Center have an 'X' and not a 'W' embossed on them. I assume that these are knockoffs on the genuine Williams flippers. Would that be correct?

It is not a huge deal, but some folks likely want the lightning flippers with the 'W' embossed on the flippers to maintain more of an authentic look.

Gord

#216 11 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Hi,
I noticed that the red lightning flippers from Pinball Center have an 'X' and not a 'W' embossed on them. I assume that these are knockoffs on the genuine Williams flippers. Would that be correct?
It is not a huge deal, but some folks likely want the lightning flippers with the 'W' embossed on the flippers to maintain more of an authentic look.
Gord

Good spot!

Now I want black W ones

#217 11 years ago

Good spot!
Now I want black W ones

Just be careful ... The repro black ones I purchased shattered within 50 games. Something wasn't right in the composite used.

#218 11 years ago

hey there all...how do I avoid scratching the side of the cab with the metal tab next to the graveyard when I lift the playfield.....just be more careful? or is there another trick to this.

#219 11 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

hey there all...how do I avoid scratching the side of the cab with the metal tab next to the graveyard when I lift the playfield.....just be more careful? or is there another trick to this.

It shouldn't be hitting the cabinet. Maybe you can bend it in a little(?). Alternately you can put thing felt strips down the side to prevent catching. They sell it at Pinrestore.com

Brian

#220 11 years ago

I watched this vid- So I had to post it ....

#221 11 years ago

Last weekend I have taken my BSD out of the garage and put it in the house.

It's been in the garage for about 1.5 years and needs a good cleaning/rehab. The last major shop-out was probably 7 years ago.

Planning to clean and polish and install some LED's and get it back into play.

Robert

#222 11 years ago
Quoted from pinij93:

Finally starting to get some good scores on my Dracula.

Put the glass back on...

Robert

#223 11 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Put the glass back on...
Robert

Don't tell everyone.

#224 11 years ago

Note to self ... measure each and every post I take out during a shop.

Thanks to this oversight I got to teardown BSD twice.

(Yes, those are three different lengths, and can't get mixed up!)

image.jpgimage.jpg

#225 11 years ago

Thats the type of scores I get with mine with lightning flippers, im sure others kick its ass but its a tough game so thats a respectable score.

#226 11 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Good to know have to watch out for that when i do mine, thanks.

#227 11 years ago
Quoted from pinij93:

I keep a stick ruler handy and take a pic next to the post post before removing.

#228 11 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Thats the type of scores I get with mine with lightning flippers, im sure others kick its ass but its a tough game so thats a respectable score.

850million with lightning flippers and factory settings. Mind you, I played the thing non stop for about a month and even then my next game was 10 million !

#229 11 years ago
Quoted from pinij93:

They are the two posts at the top of the coffin lift ramp, and one for the top of the shooter lane lift ramp.

Yes, do what TaylorVA recommends. Common sense told me to do this, but then ...

#230 11 years ago

Good tips from both of you thanks.

#231 11 years ago
Quoted from Almost4200hp:

850million with lightning flippers and factory settings. Mind you, I played the thing non stop for about a month and even then my next game was 10 million !

Nice score. Something to shoot for.

#232 11 years ago

For some reason I suck at the bat ramp shot - find the coffin ramp way easier to hit.

#233 11 years ago

I'm about 50/50 with ramps. Have not got all three multiballs modes going yet though, just two.

#234 11 years ago

For some reason I suck at the bat ramp shot - find the coffin ramp way easier to hit.

I have the same issue...way easier for me to get coffin multiball than castle mb.

Robert

#235 11 years ago

Coffin multiball definitely easier, often go for the castle ramp amd watch the ball get halfway up then come right back and drain down the middle "I feel like a blundering novice" !!

1 week later
#236 11 years ago

Ok, my BSD is cursed. Finished shopping it, and finally nailed down a problem with the left gate not opening (small wire on coil broke ... some fancy soldering and it works now).

So how does my BSD reward me ... ball gets stuck in the subway, I give it a smack on the right side, thumb hits the edge of the lockdown bar and poof, swells up like a balloon. Today, here's what it looks like.

Damn you Dracula!

IMG_7286.jpgIMG_7286.jpg

#237 11 years ago

On a lighter note ... I put a couple of custom LEDs in. Purple LED mounted on the underside of the coffin, inside the ball chute.

Also put red LEDs by the mystery and coffin scoops.

Used laydown sockets in all cases. Wired the scoops to GI, the coffin is wired to the PCB, so it flashes purple in sync with Dracula's speech.

Very cool stuff in person.

IMG_7282.jpgIMG_7282.jpg

#238 11 years ago

Finished up a few nagging items today. For now BSD is done and ready to play.

Note the subtle LEDs at the Mystery and Coffin scoops. Purple LED inside the Coffin.

IMG_7288.jpgIMG_7288.jpg IMG_7289.jpgIMG_7289.jpg

#240 11 years ago

Ok so I was wondering if it is a common glitchfor player 1 to have a ball locked for castle multiball, then player 2 comes along and gets secret passage and ends up with 2 balls on the playfield but not multiball....this has happened a few times. Is this a mistake in the code? or something not registering correctly on my machine?

#241 11 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

Ok so I was wondering if it is a common glitchfor player 1 to have a ball locked for castle multiball, then player 2 comes along and gets secret passage and ends up with 2 balls on the playfield but not multiball....this has happened a few times. Is this a mistake in the code? or something not registering correctly on my machine?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's a common issue.

#242 11 years ago

I believe the coil is letting two balls thru instead of one. The post that holds those balls on the ramp is supposedto pop back up quicly to only allow one to drop. I think it could be fixed by aligning the ramp, or possibly checking thecoil sleeve / plunger below the playfield to see if it is binding.

#243 11 years ago

I don't think it happens all the time...only occasionally, I will check the solenoid sleeve.Thanks

#244 11 years ago

Time to bring up a ugly discussion, cabinet decals. I want Doug Huse to build me a new cabinet for BSD, only thing. There are no legit cabinet decals available. Any leads? Feel free to PM me, I know there are licensing issues etc etc. Anyhow any over seas leads can be posted. Thanks

image.jpgimage.jpg

#245 11 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

OK, so you are the dudes to ask. I just picked up a nice but not fully functioning BSD a couple weeks back and I need some help with the mist multiball. When the machine starts up should it load a ball into the caged area on the right-hand side? After adjusting the gate mine does, but then a few minutes later (even during a game) the cage opens and releases the ball onto the playfield. Is any of this behavior normal? Is the ball supposed to sit there until mist is started?

Well, I should have updated this 2 months ago but I forgot. I did resolve the issue:

Apparently if the under playfield magnet isn't working properly, the mechs release the captive mist ball. The magnet assembly was jammed in place on my machine. Once I freed it up an re-aligned it the machine stopped releasing the captive ball. Hope this helps someone in the future!

#246 11 years ago

Keep a spot in this club warm for me as this is the next pin I'm buying. Just have to find one in good shape at a fair price within a reasonable distance from Minneapolis, MN. Maybe I'll get lucky at MGC in March.

#247 11 years ago
Quoted from EZG:

Keep a spot in this club warm for me as this is the next pin I'm buying. Just have to find one in good shape at a fair price within a reasonable distance from Minneapolis, MN. Maybe I'll get lucky at MGC in March.

Shoot me your email, if I come across one I will give you a heads up. It's one of my favorite pins.

1 week later
#249 11 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Could you tell me which size posts go where ? I had a problem with mine bouncing shots up the lift ramp because there was a step at the top - looks like a previous owner had got them mixed up..

#250 11 years ago

Hello, i joined this awesome club this week, however im in need to slingshot plastics. Can anyone help a fellow BSD owner?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 224.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.