IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 224.
#2401 9 years ago

Shitty phone pics incoming, plz hold

IMG_20150303_211909400.jpgIMG_20150303_211909400.jpg IMG_20150303_211722554.jpgIMG_20150303_211722554.jpg IMG_20150303_211833578.jpgIMG_20150303_211833578.jpg IMG_20150303_211851350.jpgIMG_20150303_211851350.jpg
#2402 9 years ago

Whoa, wrong shooter tip.

#2403 9 years ago

Also just above the ball in that 3rd pic (still in the trough) you can barely make out a hole in the pf. Is there supposed to be a post there?

#2404 9 years ago

No post. That tab often gets bent out too far and the ball will bounce back into the trough. Someone probably put a screw there to hold it in place.

#2405 9 years ago

Definitely not the right tip

#2406 9 years ago

What tip is it supposed to have? No tip at all?

#2407 9 years ago
IMAG1227.jpgIMAG1227.jpg
#2408 9 years ago

Sweet I'll try it like that tomorrow. Thanks!

#2409 9 years ago

Thats the funniest thing ever lol sorry op but that tip ....

#2410 9 years ago

you don't like the reservoir tip?

#2411 9 years ago

Always practice safe plunging!

#2412 9 years ago

Also the game looks like it needs the back legs jacked up looks a little low put that bad boy up to 6.7 thats where they seem to play the best

#2413 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

you don't like the reservoir tip?

Too funny, Ramses would be proud!

#2414 9 years ago

Im really surprised it worked as well as it did

#2415 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Also the game looks like it needs the back legs jacked up looks a little low put that bad boy up to 6.7 thats where they seem to play the best

I generally play with negative slope. Otherwise gravity pulls the ball down towards the flippers, which can result in ball drain!!

#2416 9 years ago

Something tells me something isn't going to be right when you yank that rubber off

#2417 9 years ago

haha I'll let you know tomorrow! I'm hopeful!

#2418 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I generally play with negative slope. Otherwise gravity pulls the ball down towards the flippers, which can result in ball drain!!

Lol just saying may be causing some of the issues also at least put it at 6.5

#2419 9 years ago

No problem, when I get the shooter firing au natural, I'll set slope to your recommended 6.7 and see if that helps as well

#2420 9 years ago

Great game I actually have been neglecting mine for a while now bc ive been searching for new pins but maybe ill change that tonight

#2421 9 years ago

It is a pretty awesome game, stacked 3 multiballs for the first time last night!

#2422 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

No problem, when I get the shooter firing au natural, I'll set slope to your recommended 6.7 and see if that helps as well

Only issue is the game is so hard and fast and every .1 degree just magnifys the speed lol but dam its a rush

#2423 9 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

It is a pretty awesome game, stacked 3 multiballs for the first time last night!

Its such a great feeling and a rush

#2424 9 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I got so excited the first time I got there I tilted out from flipping too hard. I was devastated.

#2425 9 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Whoops. Missed that. How does your ramp flap look? Is it dented?
Is the plastic installed backwards? (mine was when I got it.) The overhang should be in front.

Brilliant - mine's been backwards all this time and I never realised. Thanks for that.

#2426 9 years ago
Quoted from mjfisher:

Brilliant - mine's been backwards all this time and I never realised. Thanks for that.

Mine too.. (for a long time, there are some scratches on it caused by the metal of the castle ramp)
Lots of useful stuff is posted here once in a while

#2427 9 years ago

Guys and Gals I need your help!

I have a glitch that is driving me nuts. I'll try my best to explain it.....It is very specific but this is now the third time its happened, so its real

Ok so I was just in coffin and mist multibal. I had hit multiple loops and castle lock was lit. As I slowly drain balls, I am left with one. This is on ball 3 and has always happened on ball 3. Anyways I hit my castle lock ramp with the last ball and it goes to the castle lock, and BOOM game thinks I drained the ball. Game over-I'm pissed. This is driving me nuts. Game has no errors and the boards are squeaky clean.

Now there is one other error that comes to mind every so often. I'll lock a ball in the castle and sometimes once it drops one out to the lane it automaticly give me a skill shot award...very odd. I cant really think how the two are related, although both involve the castle. All the castle optos work fine in my switch test and I never have switch errors. Any advice will help. My last drac was haunted....no joke..this one appears is not far off

edit: Also I have tried to recreate this with the glass off, It seems to happen when mist is trying to reload

Thanks!!!

#2428 9 years ago

ya, wrong tip. also, I just learned I am missing that plastic piece..ug. lol

#2429 9 years ago
Quoted from mjfisher:

Quoted from JWV:

Mine too.. (for a long time, there are some scratches on it caused by the metal of the castle ramp)
Lots of useful stuff is posted here once in a while

Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

ya, wrong tip. also, I just learned I am missing that plastic piece..ug. lol

Boy, what was it about this plastic?

#2430 9 years ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Guys and Gals I need your help!
I have a glitch that is driving me nuts. I'll try my best to explain it.....It is very specific but this is now the third time its happened, so its real
Ok so I was just in coffin and mist multibal. I had hit multiple loops and castle lock was lit. As I slowly drain balls, I am left with one. This is on ball 3 and has always happened on ball 3. Anyways I hit my castle lock ramp with the last ball and it goes to the castle lock, and BOOM game thinks I drained the ball. Game over-I'm pissed. This is driving me nuts. Game has no errors and the boards are squeaky clean.
Now there is one other error that comes to mind every so often. I'll lock a ball in the castle and sometimes once it drops one out to the lane it automaticly give me a skill shot award...very odd. I cant really think how the two are related, although both involve the castle. All the castle optos work fine in my switch test and I never have switch errors. Any advice will help. My last drac was haunted....no joke..this one appears is not far off
edit: Also I have tried to recreate this with the glass off, It seems to happen when mist is trying to reload
Thanks!!!

Check all your mist optos very carefully. The game is thinking it has all of the balls accounted for when it doesn't. The skill shot triggering is a clue that there's a switch somewhere closing when it shouldn't be.

Edit: try going into switch test and bang around on everything to see if you can make a switch trigger.

#2431 9 years ago

Man, I log in and see 45 new posts since yesterday and I think "damn, something wicked cool must be going down". I click and it's just a bunch of guys talking about their tips....

#2432 9 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Man, I log in and see 45 new posts since yesterday and I think "damn, something wicked cool must be going down". I click and it's just a bunch of guys talking about their tips....

Man aobrien5 you have a really clean shooter lane!

#2433 9 years ago

Well, rebuilt my flippers and they're working much better. So much better in fact I decided to not fix the hack job yet since I didn't have the time to make sure I did it right. Finally put up a decent score too.
And of course it was good while it lasted, we had a kid over who didn't know what a pinball machine was pretty much and was pretty much just pounding the flippers constantly. Then the game stopped working properly and reports a ball missing. The trough isn't working or registering anything and the launch button is not lit or responding.

Now, I had the flippers rebuilt for a bit and logged at least 20 games on it to "test" it. This kid plays less than a game and it's jacked up.

Is there a fuse that could have possibly gone? Any ideas? Thanks as always for the help.

#2434 9 years ago

Ok, I'm still stumped so far. Magnet test works perfect. All my switches work. The long throw optic was what i thought was possibly the culprit, but its working as it should. I have recreated the problem a few times, but i cannot consistently. It seems to get confused when its loading mist and all the balls are draining from a multiball. One time when I got it to think a ball drained, castle was not locked and the game came back as soon as another playfield switch was hit and then mist loaded. Ugh, this game.... I tell ya

#2435 9 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Man aobrien5 you have a really clean shooter lane!

I showed you mine, you show me yours!

#2436 9 years ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Ok, I'm still stumped so far. Magnet test works perfect. All my switches work. The long throw optic was what i thought was possibly the culprit, but its working as it should. I have recreated the problem a few times, but i cannot consistently. It seems to get confused when its loading mist and all the balls are draining from a multiball. One time when I got it to think a ball drained, castle was not locked and the game came back as soon as another playfield switch was hit and then mist loaded. Ugh, this game.... I tell ya

Check your castle Optos, the shooter lane switch and the trough switches.

#2437 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Well, rebuilt my flippers and they're working much better. So much better in fact I decided to not fix the hack job yet since I didn't have the time to make sure I did it right. Finally put up a decent score too.
And of course it was good while it lasted, we had a kid over who didn't know what a pinball machine was pretty much and was pretty much just pounding the flippers constantly. Then the game stopped working properly and reports a ball missing. The trough isn't working or registering anything and the launch button is not lit or responding.
Now, I had the flippers rebuilt for a bit and logged at least 20 games on it to "test" it. This kid plays less than a game and it's jacked up.
Is there a fuse that could have possibly gone? Any ideas? Thanks as always for the help.

Hm... Check the switch matrix for correlation.

#2438 9 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Check your castle Optos, the shooter lane switch and the trough switches.

all checked and working. I went through every switch, and I don't have credit dots on this machine ever. I just played about 10 games and haven't had it happen again. It has to be an intermittent switch in the castle or shooter lane. I agree with that.

#2439 9 years ago

I followed the advice regarding the tip and the slope, but no good. This is sort of embarrassing but I've already shown you my shooter tip so .. turns out the castle wireform was too far over to the right and clipping the ball as it went by.

I had incorrectly assumed it was hitting the airball cover plastic. Moved the wireform over and all is well!!

#2440 9 years ago

2 points larusso!!

#2441 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

When you go through test mode is anything else not responding? Have you tested to see if you are getting power to either? Is it the 4 trough switches that are not registering or the shooter lane switch?

I'm looking at the switch matrix and trough 4 and the ball launch are side by side. The ball launch is part of the HV line. If you are not getting any power you may want to check fuse F105 and F112. Though, I think that perhaps something came loose or is making contact, etc. When I reinstalled my launch coil I noticed it made contact with my cabinet flipper switches and took them out.

#2442 9 years ago

Hey guys, I am about to partake in the "adjusting" of the optos. This is completely foreign territory to me and I was wondering if there is any great literature out there on how to properly test and align.

#2443 9 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

When I reinstalled my launch coil I noticed it made contact with my cabinet flipper switches and took them out.

this. mine was doing the same, so i replaced a welded hack coil mounting bracket and coil (had bad overheated terminal posts from previous 'hack' repairs as well). Now I no longer have contact with that right flipper button against the coil.

#2444 9 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

When you go through test mode is anything else not responding? Have you tested to see if you are getting power to either? Is it the 4 trough switches that are not registering or the shooter lane switch?
I'm looking at the switch matrix and trough 4 and the ball launch are side by side. The ball launch is part of the HV line. If you are not getting any power you may want to check fuse F105 and F112. Though, I think that perhaps something came loose or is making contact, etc. When I reinstalled my launch coil I noticed it made contact with my cabinet flipper switches and took them out.

Well, after further investigation, all the switches seem to work as they should. However when I go into the solenoid test not a one will fire.
I'm digging through the manual to see if I can find a fuse that might be the culprit but if anyone has any ideas, shoot them my way.
The game is actually holding all the balls and won't pop them out, which is I guess why it registers a missing ball.

Edit:
Yup, fuse. Now to make sure which 5A goes in there.
Second Edit:
F112 is a 7A slow blow. I pulled a 5A that didn't even look like a SB out. I don't have any 7A, can I use a 5A SB until some replacement 7s arrive?
Looks like a good time to stock up on all the fuses to have as backup.

#2445 9 years ago

Radio Shack generally has 7ASB's in stock if you want a quick fix. 5ASB won't do damage, but not sure how long it will last.

#2446 9 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Radio Shack generally has 7ASB's in stock if you want a quick fix. 5ASB won't do damage, but not sure how long it will last.

Well, I've got a 5A SB in and seems ok for now. I was going to say I was snowed in and can't get to the Radio Shack today, but seems silly to complain about 4 or so inches on the road to someone up in MA. lol

#2447 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Well, I've got a 5A SB in and seems ok for now. I was going to say I was snowed in and can't get to the Radio Shack today, but seems silly to complain about 4 or so inches on the road to someone up in MA. lol

You can always go lower just not higher however to low and it will blow quick. We have 10 inches of snow now roads are bad but our jeeps rock lol

#2448 9 years ago

lol at 4"-10" of snow!

At least you get to stay home and play some BSD!!!

#2449 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

lol at 4"-10" of snow!
At least you get to stay home and play some BSD!!!

I know its not much but our tiwn is horrible at clearing roads thats y we have a new jeep tho I miss the blizzards we had in the 90s with 38 inches those were the days guess ill have move to Boston

#2450 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I followed the advice regarding the tip and the slope, but no good. This is sort of embarrassing but I've already shown you my shooter tip so .. turns out the castle wireform was too far over to the right and clipping the ball as it went by.
I had incorrectly assumed it was hitting the airball cover plastic. Moved the wireform over and all is well!!

Sounds like it's time for a new set of balls....sounds like the ones in there now got damaged and can cause wear on the playfield...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 224.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.