IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 224.
#2301 9 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

thanks, easy 15$ Comet 2 7led purple led strip mod.
kind of looks pink/purple, but whatever, I enjoy it

In the pic, the graveyard appears to have an orange glow, does it look orange(ish) in person?

#2302 9 years ago

Wow ballsofsteel, that graveyard mod is pretty epic. I absolutely love it!

Yeah, I bought the BSD as not working-unfortunately the person before the guy I bought it from hacked the heck out of things. So nothing has been easy. Once I get this grinding thing sorted I feel all will be well and then I can shop it out and you know, maybe play it.

#2303 9 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Wow ballsofsteel, that graveyard mod is pretty epic. I absolutely love it!
Yeah, I bought the BSD as not working-unfortunately the person before the guy I bought it from hacked the heck out of things. So nothing has been easy. Once I get this grinding thing sorted I feel all will be well and then I can shop it out and you know, maybe play it.

I applaud your efforts nerdygrrl, BSD is worth all the effort and work!

Sucks when people who shouldn't do any "repairs" do "fixes"!

BSD rules!

#2304 9 years ago

I put green under the graveyard, like the green mist when Mina 'encounters' the beast.

BSD_grave.JPGBSD_grave.JPG
#2305 9 years ago

Can someone take a pic of the mist motor lamp assembly? Just bought my BSD and can't get the light to work. I ordered 1 and it appears to be different than the one on the machine.

Thanks

Jaybird

#2306 9 years ago

Edit: I just reread and saw that you needed the lamp assembly. I'll try and grab some pics later

#2307 9 years ago
Quoted from Blenderhead:

In the pic, the graveyard appears to have an orange glow, does it look orange(ish) in person?

its more of a light purple/pink tone in person, resulting from the graveyard mold color. the purple leds are actually really purple

Quoted from nerdygrrl:Wow ballsofsteel, that graveyard mod is pretty epic. I absolutely love it!

ya, its hard not being able to play this gem, i'm getting it dialed in for location . i'm pretty sure I have replace almost all coil sleeves on this as well, ug.

#2308 9 years ago

Yeah Blenderhead, there's lots of tape, and interesting fixes, etc underneath. Thankfully I have a great local board guy and a great local community to help me out. Right now it's playable, but without the mist option. I'm waiting to get a friend over to help flip the switch so I can sort out where the grinding noise is coming from. It's hard to tell if it's the ramp lift assembly or the diverter assembly without being back there/underneath

#2309 9 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

I put green under the graveyard, like the green mist when Mina 'encounters' the beast.

I like the green. I have mine synched to the rear left g.i. .

#2310 9 years ago

I have a projector lamp with an UV led aimed at the graveyard. Then I took some glow in the dark paint and smeared it on the tombstones and crypt walls so that the paint is only visible in the scribbling on the tombstone and the crevasses on the walls roof etc. The effect is very subtle during game play but during video mode the graveyard glows like it's in the moonlight, looks really cool.

#2311 9 years ago

I'm totally gonna put some light strips under my graveyard now! Both of those colors that you guys have look great.

#2312 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky347:

I have a projector lamp with an UV led aimed at the graveyard. Then I took some glow in the dark paint and smeared it on the tombstones and crypt walls so that the paint is only visible in the scribbling on the tombstone and the crevasses on the walls roof etc. The effect is very subtle during game play but during video mode the graveyard glows like it's in the moonlight, looks really cool.

Can you try to get a pic? That sounds really interesting during video mode

#2313 9 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Edit: I just reread and saw that you needed the lamp assembly. I'll try and grab some pics later

Thanks nerdygirl I actually meant the lamp on the magnet that follows the ball

#2314 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

I'm totally gonna put some light strips under my graveyard now! Both of those colors that you guys have look great.

Thanks, but you have to put it IN the graveyard-plastic

Easy mod, great effect

#2315 9 years ago

I notice my BSD audio has a slight "hiss" at times. Audio has a slight static sound to it, but then again, it may just be the quality of the era. Is there a good set of speakers out there that improve the sound quality? Any specific brands to look out for?

#2316 9 years ago

Pics don't do it justice wit such low light but....
fFist one is UV lights on while game is playing, I tied it into the GI lamps.
Second pic is Graveyard during video mode.
Third , I had to evict Rick James.... The new tennant seems a better fit.

20150214_104009.jpg20150214_104009.jpg 20150214_104043.jpg20150214_104043.jpg 20150214_104228-331.jpg20150214_104228-331.jpg
#2317 9 years ago

Pics don't do it justice with such low light but....
And a wide shot showing projector placement

20150214_104138.jpg20150214_104138.jpg
#2318 9 years ago

Those look great Sparky! I do like the tombstones glowing green like that during video mode! Thanks for sharing.

#2319 9 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

I notice my BSD audio has a slight "hiss" at times. Audio has a slight static sound to it, but then again, it may just be the quality of the era. Is there a good set of speakers out there that improve the sound quality? Any specific brands to look out for?

If you have the $$ Pinball Pro does a nice setup
http://pinballpro.net

#2320 9 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

If you have the $$ Pinball Pro does a nice setup
http://pinballpro.net

If you have the patience and the know-how, THIS is cheaper and definitely worth your time...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-installed-flipper-fidelity-on-jmresult-was#post-2040706

#2321 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

If you have the patience and the know-how, THIS is cheaper and definitely worth your time...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-installed-flipper-fidelity-on-jmresult-was#post-2040706

Great setup! I had forgotten about that thread, thanks for the link!

#2322 9 years ago

Hope these help Jaybird.

IMG_6191.JPGIMG_6191.JPG IMG_6194.JPGIMG_6194.JPG IMG_6196.JPGIMG_6196.JPG
#2323 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky347:

Pics don't do it justice wit such low light but....
fFist one is UV lights on while game is playing, I tied it into the GI lamps.
Second pic is Graveyard during video mode.
Third , I had to evict Rick James.... The new tennant seems a better fit.
love the rick james replacement!

20150214_104009.jpg 99 KB

20150214_104043.jpg 32 KB

20150214_104228-331.jpg 127 KB

#2324 9 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Hope these help Jaybird.

It does thanks much

IMG_6191.JPG 181 KB

IMG_6194.JPG 163 KB

IMG_6196.JPG 183 KB

#2325 9 years ago

jaybird did you try changing the diode on the lamp socket?

#2326 9 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

jaybird did you try changing the diode on the lamp socket?

Yeah I tried that. It was a no go, the socket that was sent has only the 2 prongs, this one looks like a 3 pronger

#2327 9 years ago

Yeah, definitely 3 prong

#2328 9 years ago

had my mist MB work for the first time this machine has seen in a while i'm assuming today (new motor and gear). Super pumped up to see the ball go across the field! then the custom welds on the ball shooter bracket broke off..prrrrt. this machine is going to play like new with all of the new parts and money I've put into it. now i just need to mail in the opto board for repairs, and wait for a new opto board kit, then i'll have a backup for the short optos.

#2329 9 years ago

Cool hopefully u get it all working soon

#2330 9 years ago

Just joined the club, she is FILTHY but plays good. Once I get it cleaned up ill be digging into the thread for some ideas!
image.jpgimage.jpg

#2331 9 years ago

Welcome to the bsd sickness

#2332 9 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Just joined the club, she is FILTHY but plays good. Once I get it cleaned up ill be digging into the thread for some ideas!

image.jpg 198 KB

she looks good nice find!

#2333 9 years ago

First pic was of her good side...
image-238.jpgimage-238.jpg

#2334 9 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

First pic was of her good side...

image-238.jpg 200 KB

Who cares as long as the playfield is good lol nice pickup

#2335 9 years ago

had my mist MB work for the first time this machine has seen in a while i'm assuming today (new motor and gear). Super pumped up to see the ball go across the field! then the custom welds on the ball shooter bracket broke off..prrrrt. this machine is going to play like new with all of the new parts and money I've put into it. now i just need to mail in the opto board for repairs, and wait for a new opto board kit, then i'll have a backup for the short optos.

I am in the same boat. I have a new motor/gear box on order. I can't wait to see it work. Though given this machine's history I am sure I will have some onto issues or something else to sort out when the time comes. Good luck with everything

#2336 9 years ago

Thanks BigD. That C7 capacitor on the 24 opto board was it. I love $1.50 radio shack fixes. Ball is no longer just dropping out of right mist gate.

#2337 9 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Thanks BigD. That C7 capacitor on the 24 opto board was it. I love $1.50 radio shack fixes. Ball is no longer just dropping out of right mist gate.

I told you im so glad I figured out what was causing this issue to bad It wasn't know the last few years because lotta people could of saved alot of money better late than never I guess

#2338 9 years ago

It appears my problem might of been 2 fold. After repairing board the ball held, which it never did before. As I played the ball would occasionally still fall. I put a "shim" where the ball rests in the right gate and it hasn't dropped since, telling me my opto was out of line slightly. Anyways problem(s) appear to be fixed. Now I can finally do what I bought the game for, to get my ass kicked!

#2339 9 years ago

Make sure the ball is sitting in front of the opto. Some people have to bend the guide it sits against a bit.

#2340 9 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Make sure the ball is sitting in front of the opto. Some people have to bend the guide it sits against a bit.

Yeah I didn't want to bend anything, the opto housing is a PITA to
get at though.

#2341 9 years ago

Oh my god, it works! Sadly my plunger is down again, but the mist multi ball works. First time since I have owned the game.

#2342 9 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Oh my god, it works! Sadly my plunger is down again, but the mist multi ball works. First time since I have owned the game.

it's a beautiful thing isn't it?

as soon as I got mine working I took out both opto boards and mailed them to Clive . hahaha

#2343 9 years ago

I'm going to either order new ones/have these rebuilt when I strip the machine down to shop it out. I picked this up in October and have been slowly, but surely working through all of the kinks.

#2344 9 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Yeah I didn't want to bend anything, the opto housing is a PITA to
get at though.

Don't bend the opto housing, bend the metal ball guide IF the ball isn't properly sitting in front of the opto.

#2345 9 years ago

I was hoping someone could take a picture of the knocker coil wiring on their drac for me in the backbox? my entire assembly was missing, and I can't find the schematics for this.

thanks !

#2346 9 years ago

The wiring harness splits off from the knocker. I can try and trace it when I get home from work, but it looks like the 3 purple wires go their own way. The knocker is interconnected with other connectors/coils so you may have the wires there somewhere.

IMG_6259.JPGIMG_6259.JPG IMG_6261.JPGIMG_6261.JPG IMG_6262.JPGIMG_6262.JPG
#2347 9 years ago

thanks nerdygirl, I don't have the original coil or harness to reference. From you pics I can't really tell which terminal the 2 thicker violet/yellow wires go to and the single wire goes to? It look's like the 2 violet/yellow wires go to the red wire (coil harness) to the right terminal?

thanks for taking the time for the pics! .

#2348 9 years ago

The two purple with yellow trace wires are live and go to the red. The purple with black trace is negative and goes to the negative.

#2349 9 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

The two purple with yellow trace wires are live and go to the red. The purple with black trace is negative and goes to the negative.

yes I understand that, I was asking to which terminal on the coil (left side or right side) does the red wire and the black wire from the connector go to. I do not have a connector coming from my coil to attach to.
thanks.

#2350 9 years ago

yes I understand that, I was asking to which terminal on the coil (left side or right side) does the red wire and the black wire from the connector go to. I do not have a connector coming from my coil to attach to.
thanks.

Nerdygrrl's first photo shows this clearly. Black left, red right.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 84.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 224.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.