Topic Stats

• 7,138 posts
  • 586 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by dudah
  • Topic is favorited by 226 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,199 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1235 (resized).jpg
IMG_1234 (resized).jpg
IMG_1233 (resized).jpg
IMG_1217 (resized).jpg
20190813_172824 (resized).jpg
20190803_052132 (resized).jpg
20190804_130029 (resized).jpg
20190810_152719 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190802_194328 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190831_104258 (resized).jpg
20190811_180226 (resized).jpg
38D534DB-4855-4BA4-B2F7-6CC28DAD4669 (resized).jpeg
BSD WIP 02 (resized).jpg
C92DE705-09B5-42D5-8129-63ACE7094B13 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7138 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 143.
#2251 4 years ago

Or reflow the solder of the connector pins on the board, these tend to crack due to the shocks and shakes of the game play. In my case the bulb was just dead and replaced it, now it is much brighter than the other two multiball inserts.. This machine is eating bulbs, replaced so many already since I bought it! Lol

#2252 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I have officially retired from this club at this time. Traded my BSD for a JM - not even looking back now. I'll let the new owner reveal himself if he would like!
I'll get another one someday . I will definitely be back.

sorry to here this i thought you were a permanent member.

#2253 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I have officially retired from this club at this time. Traded my BSD for a JM - not even looking back now. I'll let the new owner reveal himself if he would like!
I'll get another one someday . I will definitely be back.

I got the dracula and its only going to leave if i get a nicer one. This ones a player and so am I, but NPO did put alot of love into it, so it looks great. I do have some ideas though

Been playing it and dialing it in the last few days. The move in my house is 4 flights of stairs with turns after each flight so some things had to be adjusted after that

Been a long time fan of the game since i was a kid and its probably my favorite game.(TZ & MB are close) It's just pinball nirvana. Simple and addictive, that's why i call it Crackula now. Good score or bad score I still want just one more

And NPO i just missed your grand champ the other night THIRTYYYYYYYY MILLLLION!

#2254 4 years ago
Quoted from JWV:

Or reflow the solder of the connector pins on the board, these tend to crack due to the shocks and shakes of the game play. In my case the bulb was just dead and replaced it, now it is much brighter than the other two multiball inserts.. This machine is eating bulbs, replaced so many already since I bought it! Lol

I agree, I'll bet the pins just need to be flowed on the lamp board.

#2255 4 years ago
Quoted from JWV:

I agree, I'll bet the pins just need to be flowed on the lamp board.

#2256 4 years ago

Just when I thought I knew all of the rules to BSD in and out, I stumbled across something last night that I'd not seen before. Had my best game ever going, managed to stack all three multiballs on ball 3. While that was going on, I started and finished rats (pretty quickly, as expected since I still had four balls in play).

Now, the puzzling part. My rats bonus was a little over 112M. I would have expected it to be 3x the normal total, which would have put it more like 36M. I'm pretty sure this was the first and only time I started rats in the game. I've done bats before with the stack, and it does double and triple like expected. So why that total for rats?

#2257 4 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

I got the dracula and its only going to leave if i get a nicer one. This ones a player and so am I, but NPO did put alot of love into it, so it looks great. I do have some ideas though
Been playing it and dialing it in the last few days. The move in my house is 4 flights of stairs with turns after each flight so some things had to be adjusted after that
Been a long time fan of the game since i was a kid and its probably my favorite game.(TZ & MB are close) It's just pinball nirvana. Simple and addictive, that's why i call it Crackula now. Good score or bad score I still want just one more
And NPO i just missed your grand champ the other night THIRTYYYYYYYY MILLLLION!

Very kind words for you to say . Thank you. Your JM was in solid shape as well, and I have nothing but great things to say about you and your integrity as well. Great trade, and very glad I did it!

I am eyeballing another BSD right now. Might have to store it in the closet, but hey, I can do that until I buy a home !

#2258 4 years ago

Someone sell me a BSD.

#2259 4 years ago

I just ordered a new 10 opto board and a new magnet motor. frogs snacks!

#2260 4 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

Just when I thought I knew all of the rules to BSD in and out, I stumbled across something last night that I'd not seen before. Had my best game ever going, managed to stack all three multiballs on ball 3. While that was going on, I started and finished rats (pretty quickly, as expected since I still had four balls in play).
Now, the puzzling part. My rats bonus was a little over 112M. I would have expected it to be 3x the normal total, which would have put it more like 36M. I'm pretty sure this was the first and only time I started rats in the game. I've done bats before with the stack, and it does double and triple like expected. So why that total for rats?

Someone needs to do the math on that. Maybe it's tripling the total for each switch rather than the total. I'd always seen that, but never thought about it. Bug?

#2261 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Someone needs to do the math on that. Maybe it's tripling the total for each switch rather than the total. I'd always seen that, but never thought about it. Bug?

According to Pinball Arcade, the scoring is as follows (there are supposed to be 15 rats in the mode):
First rat is 500,000. Every rat after that is worth 50,000 more than the previous, with a maximum of 1,000,000. When you add up the total, it gives 12,250,000. I could have sworn the total is always 13,250,000, so firstly, it seems like there are actually 16 rats.

When I just triple the point value for each rat, I get a total of 39,750,000 for 16 rats (1.5M starting value, +150k per rat up to 3M).

If I triple that end value, I get 119,250,000. Maybe I saw it incorrectly as 112M at end of ball, but it could actually be tripling the score for each rat, and then tripling the bonus again. That would certainly be a bug.

EDIT: testing with the glass off, I get 113,250,000.

Post edited by neurokinetik: commas make for easier reading

#2262 4 years ago

Hi i ned a picture underneath that shows the first ball 1 switch and the two wires from switch where do they go??
I have had a damage wire and the switch I forgot where they go

Mine has the red is connects to green/yellow and the other Is black/red and its loose should it also go to green/ yellow?????

#2263 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

I just ordered a new 10 opto board and a new magnet motor. frogs snacks!

I had all opto lost it was the Bridge rectifier and the 15uq cap for 12 volt

#2264 4 years ago

Just picked up one!!"WELCOME TO MY HOME!!!"

#2265 4 years ago
Quoted from Mister_Swede:

Hi i ned a picture underneath that shows the first ball 1 switch and the two wires from switch where do they go??
I have had a damage wire and the switch I forgot where they go
Mine has the red is connects to green/yellow and the other Is black/red and its loose should it also go to green/ yellow?????

Are you talking about pics of the switches in the trough?

#2266 4 years ago

I am back in the BSD club. I sold a nice one a couple of years ago to get a TOM. The sell price was the same as I paid for TOM so I had to do it. TOM was fun for a year but I sold it. I was not really ready to get rid of BSD at the time so when I found one in a warehouse for a deal I jumped on it. After a total shop out this game turned out nice. I love playing it and will keep it for a long time.

20150114_182324.jpeg 20150114_182158 (1).jpeg
#2267 4 years ago

Welcome back! Looking great with the black(?) side rails!
Did you apply new decals?

#2268 4 years ago

My friend had some guys over for a pinball party. I ended up getting 2.8 billion on his BSD making me the grand champion. I barely squeaked by his 2.7 billion. Game was set to 3 ball. Man.... talk about nerve wracking! It felt so good putting "FOO" up on the board. I was exhausted afterwards. My first time ever hearing "30 million"... over and over.

He still has the grand champ on my Fishtales though, so I still have some work to do.

#2269 4 years ago

I did not put on decals. The other side is faded. The rails are actually regular stock . The lighting makes them look black. Its good to be back, Thanks

#2270 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

I am back in the BSD club. I sold a nice one a couple of years ago to get a TOM. The sell price was the same as I paid for TOM so I had to do it. TOM was fun for a year but I sold it. I was not really ready to get rid of BSD at the time so when I found one in a warehouse for a deal I jumped on it. After a total shop out this game turned out nice. I love playing it and will keep it for a long time.

20150114_182324.jpeg 312 KB

20150114_182158 (1).jpeg 184 KB

where did u find Draculas pub , love it !!!! Welcome Back

#2271 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

Nice score, wolfy...I'm still Jonesing for one back after selling mine to Black_Rose 6 years ago now. Wow, time flies. Hey, B_R, you find me one yet?

#2272 4 years ago

Just added BSD to my lineup. Got a few bugs but I LOOOOOVE this freaking game. That droning background sound is mesmerizing and creepy...

20150210_230417.jpg 20150210_230614.jpg
#2273 4 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

Just added BSD to my lineup. Got a few bugs but I LOOOOOVE this freaking game. That droning background sound is mesmerizing and creepy...

Congrats-Nice looking game! Like your scorecards. Did you make them or find them somewhere. Thanks-Joe

#2274 4 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Congrats-Nice looking game! Like your scorecards. Did you make them or find them somewhere. Thanks-Joe

Nope they came with it. i had it shipped in from another pinsider.

#2275 4 years ago

Couldn't agree you with you more RC! This game is intense. Just picked mine up over the weekend.Have speaker kit and invisiglass ordered. Wow!!! Great game. $$$$ well spent. This ones a keeper.

image.jpg

#2276 4 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

I think you can get them from pinball rebel.

#2277 4 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Do you believe in destiny.........
Tips, wants, mods, current owners, future owners, playing tips, honor tourneys. Everything relating to BSD. Enjoy!

bsd.jpg 117 KB

dracula111111111111.jpg 152 KB

the bottom of that first pic looks like a good ole dot matrix monkey-spankin'

#2278 4 years ago
Quoted from Mister_Swede:

I had all opto lost it was the Bridge rectifier and the 15uq cap for 12 volt

hmm, kind of a stand still here and trying to get this machine playing. currently all optos are getting 12 volts and all transmitters are working (checked beam with cell phone).

I am getting row 6 ground error (white/blue J209-7, U19-9). this includes switches L drop score (only opto I can't seem to register in switch mode), top 3 lane middle target, left return, oto crypt popper (which register in switch test), left 3 bank top target, and middle 3 bank target left.

Here is what I find, I get 12 volt at J209, I get 12 volt at 10 opto board as well.
what's interesting is when I pull the power connector from J209 to the 10 opto board, all row 6 errors are resolved (on matrix grid), and the rollover switches in row 6 now work.

It seems as if the resistors (R1-7, and R25, 28, and 31) run VERY hot, so hot that you can feel the heat on top of the PF after only 5-10 mins of being powered up. I have a new 10 opto board on the way (2 months out), and was considering replacing all 10 resistors on the 10 opto board to see if this would resolve this issue? The resistors are rated at 220 ohms, 2W, 1/2W.

I have replaced optos (transmitters and receivers) as necessary, and fixed some pinched wires and cold solders as well throughout the machine.

edit, I have inspected all switches in this row/matrix, and can't find anything shorting.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#2279 4 years ago

Sounds like the 10-opto board is bad. I would think the hot resistors are more likely a result of the board problem rather than the cause of the problem. Most likely the LM339 is defective.

#2280 4 years ago

I need a playfield bad. Any thoughts if cpr would do them.

#2281 4 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

I need a playfield bad. Any thoughts if cpr would do them.

You and I wish. Hopefully some day.

#2282 4 years ago

Add me to the list of folks who want a playfield. I think there are quite a few of us, but when I talked to Mirco he seemed to think it wasn't worth the effort.

Anyway, now on to my main question. Does anyone or can anyone take a picture inside the cabinet of the flipper opto board and connectors? Ideally I'd like to be able to see which color wire goes where. I was about to tackle rebuilding the flippers for more oomph and asked in Vid's thread what type of switch was best and he was like switch? You've got a flipper opto board. And I was all like nuh uh...
leftswitch.jpg
rightswitch.jpg

So if anyone's got a similar pic, but with the correct parts I'd love to be able to see what wires are going into the IDC connectors.
I suspect they may look like this...
ButtonMess.jpg

#2283 4 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Add me to the list of folks who want a playfield. I think there are quite a few of us, but when I talked to Mirco he seemed to think it wasn't worth the effort.
Anyway, now on to my main question. Does anyone or can anyone take a picture inside the cabinet of the flipper opto board and connectors? Ideally I'd like to be able to see which color wire goes where. I was about to tackle rebuilding the flippers for more oomph and asked in Vid's thread what type of switch was best and he was like switch? You've got a flipper opto board. And I was all like nuh uh...

So if anyone's got a similar pic, but with the correct parts I'd love to be able to see what wires are going into the IDC connectors.
I suspect they may look like this...

leftswitch.jpg 193 KB

rightswitch.jpg 178 KB

ButtonMess.jpg 244 KB

Wow someone really hacked your vsd from this and what you told me when I saw you ? Cant belive u paid what u did for it ill try get you pics here in a bit if someone dont beat me to it .I wonder what the difference is in the flippers when done like this ? Why would someone do it?

#2284 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wow someone really hacked your vsd from this and what you told me when I saw you ? Cant belive u paid what u did for it ill try get you pics here in a bit if someone dont beat me to it .I wonder what the difference is in the flippers when done like this ? Why would someone do it?

I'm guessing it was done because it was cheaper and faster than ordering $70 in opto boards. They've always worked fine but they seem under powered. Maybe I'm just comparing em to new flippers but now that I know they've been hacked I want them correct. If I ever find a CQ one I wouldn't want to sell it like that.

#2285 4 years ago

Got ya im sure it will help having the right parts. Have you rebuilt the flippers ?mine are almost to strong

#2286 4 years ago

Not sure if this helps as my optos were replaced before I bought itimage-919.jpg

#2287 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Got ya im sure it will help having the right parts. Have you rebuilt the flippers ?mine are almost to strong

I've got all the parts and that's when Vid clued me in on the cabinet buttons. I certainly wish they felt too strong as it is they feel like they have just enough power to make the ramps from the opposite flipper but no way I could backhand the coffin ramp from the right flipper for example.

If you're not right on top of it it looks good though. Lol

#2288 4 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

Sounds like the 10-opto board is bad. I would think the hot resistors are more likely a result of the board problem rather than the cause of the problem. Most likely the LM339 is defective.

ya, that's what I assumed and ordered one. I was hoping I could repair this original board and have the other for a spare thanks

#2289 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Not sure if this helps as my optos were replaced before I bought it

Thanks Jaybird. That's definitely going to help. If anyone else has other shots to confirm the wiring, I'd love to see em. New flipper boards and IDC connectors ordered, hopefully by some time next week I can get them and install them and rebuild the flippers and see a bit more power and hack free.

#2290 4 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Thanks Jaybird. That's definitely going to help. If anyone else has other shots to confirm the wiring, I'd love to see em. New flipper boards and IDC connectors ordered, hopefully by some time next week I can get them and install them and rebuild the flippers and see a bit more power and hack free.

If you have a manual, you should be able to find a diagram of the opto board showing the wire locations on the connector.

#2291 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Have you rebuilt the flippers ?mine are almost to strong

That's the way mine are (and they are all the correct parts). On mine, it is actually possible to make the left ramp from the left flipper (though very difficult) and the right ramp from the right flipper (not terribly difficult). I have even knocked the mist ball all the way up the left ramp for a castle lock (once, and from the right flipper).
I had to add foam to the left ramp diverter to keep the ball on the habitrail.

#2292 4 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

That's the way mine are (and they are all the correct parts). On mine, it is actually possible to make the left ramp from the left flipper (though very difficult) and the right ramp from the right flipper (not terribly difficult). I have even knocked the mist ball all the way up the left ramp for a castle lock (once, and from the right flipper).
I had to add foam to the left ramp diverter to keep the ball on the habitrail.

Same for me i even tried making them weaker lol

#2293 4 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

I was about to tackle rebuilding the flippers for more oomph and asked in Vid's thread what type of switch was best and he was like switch? You've got a flipper opto board. And I was all like nuh uh...

I think leaf switches are totally fine. TAF used leaf switch on fliptronics like you've got on your BSD and stern still uses the leaf switch. As long as the contacts are clean.. I say leave it.

#2294 4 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

I certainly wish they felt too strong as it is they feel like they have just enough power to make the ramps from the opposite flipper but no way I could backhand the coffin ramp from the right flipper for example.

You have probably already done this, but be sure to check your pitch and level. PinGuy Leveling App is quick and easy if you have an iphone/ipad. I know my BSD has a sweet spot which allows me to make the left ramp easily as well as backhand the coffin lock from the right flipper. If it's pitched too high or too low it makes it feel like the flippers are weak.

#2295 4 years ago

First I will rebuild the flippers check and see if that does the trick with fresh parts and then install the new cabinet flipper boards. Pitch looks good on the bubble level but I will test with the app.

#2296 4 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Pitch looks good on the bubble level but I will test with the app.

Bubble level is much more accurate than the app, so I would say your pitch is fine. Rebuild the flippers and you should be good to go. It's amazing how a little slop in the mechanics can dramatically reduce the power of a flipper.

#2297 4 years ago

After a couple of months of down time I have my BSD almost 100%. I have sorted out the issue with the HV coil line, cleared up the switch errors, have a new Mist Motor on order. All that remains is the rumbling and grumbling going on at the back of the PF. Trying to sort out if it is the up down diverter or ramp. I can't wait to get this going 100%. It was a bit more of a train wreck than I bargained for when I picked it up, but well worth the struggle.

#2298 4 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

After a couple of months of down time I have my BSD almost 100%. I have sorted out the issue with the HV coil line, cleared up the switch errors, have a new Mist Motor on order. All that remains is the rumbling and grumbling going on at the back of the PF. Trying to sort out if it is the up down diverter or ramp. I can't wait to get this going 100%. It was a bit more of a train wreck than I bargained for when I picked it up, but well worth the struggle.

i'm right with you, bought mine without 1 gameplay. I have yet to see the mist toy work, had to buy a new motor to install (left/right magnet errors), and waiting on a replacement opto board. major time/shopping/parts later and i'm getting close to seeing the FIRST mist on the machine hopefully soon.

here's my newly rebuilt 'turbo' pop bumpers and my led graveyard mod .

P1020825.JPG P1020834.JPG
#2299 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i'm right with you, bought mine without 1 gameplay. I have yet to see the mist toy work, had to buy a new motor to install (left/right magnet errors), and waiting on a replacement opto board. major time/shopping/parts later and i'm getting close to seeing the FIRST mist on the machine hopefully soon.
here's my newly rebuilt 'turbo' pop bumpers and my led graveyard mod .

P1020825.JPG 215 KB

P1020834.JPG 150 KB

Dude that graveyard under light looks sick!

#2300 4 years ago

thanks, easy 15$ Comet 2 7led purple led strip mod.
kind of looks pink/purple, but whatever, I enjoy it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 63.50
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Zamora, CL
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 7138 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 143.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside