Topic Stats

• 7,072 posts
  • 582 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Spacemanratso09
  • Topic is favorited by 225 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,164 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

448746-i (resized).jpg
20191201_152342 (resized).jpg
60CB2AC9-FB91-4FF5-BF21-2F0FDEA4EF08 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
3FCBDE80-5B20-4A0E-83E1-7E2F656F7D3D (resized).jpeg
07EB1F94-8220-49F1-827C-7D4F7055A033 (resized).png
45b57485-6e3c-43a4-a4a3-99d7e1b9310b.jpg
IMG_1184 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).JPEG
6A1B4B38-F3E8-4A39-A314-3CC6AB7CA6B2 (resized).jpeg
BB8D3338-DC72-453A-88D0-B443CEA784A8 (resized).jpeg
FB7F8BCC-4D6E-429B-8902-8E0640006127 (resized).jpeg
C3CC27C2-5CC4-4CA2-8E5F-A22E8855EBB5 (resized).jpeg
88F4B865-9ABC-4878-A4AB-1AF4A23A2738 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7072 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 142.
#1751 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Yes about the pastiche and picture reference. There are 6 posts holding the coffin, a pair of each of the sizes in that pic.
There are 3 posts holding the ramp itself, and they may or may not be of different sizes. Hopefully there are some shop pics to help identify those.

Gotcha my man. I sure appreciate the help. I'll just wait patiently for my clear plastic to come in the mail, and then I can at least get that installed. We'll see if it works any better once that is in. I have a feeling I'll be going back in to re-arrange the circular posts.

Anyone have any idea as to why Castle Lock not only loads a new ball into the shooter lane, but then also unlocks the Castle Locked ball as well? Thankfully, once I let one of the balls drain, there is no pre-mature end to that ball; however, it is annoying D: ...

#1752 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Anyone have any idea as to why Castle Lock not only loads a new ball into the shooter lane, but then also unlocks the Castle Locked ball as well? Thankfully, once I let one of the balls drain, there is no pre-mature end to that ball; however, it is annoying D: ...

Check all your castle lock optos and trough switches. Make sure the right number of balls are installed in the game (4).

#1753 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Check all your castle lock optos and trough switches. Make sure the right number of balls are installed in the game (4).

Definitely have 4 balls installed - 3 trough and 1 mist. This BSD has an opto board from Great Lakes Modular if anyone is familiar with this unit - please let me know. Link for it is here:

http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/

It is the model board: OSB-10A

I am considering getting the unit Homepin has available, but first I am going to do some testing of this GLM unit. Thankfully, the instructions came with it, and those instructions come with some troubleshooting steps, which I can look at this weekend.

BIG QUESTION here: The opto boards discussed here...are they just for mist multiball, or do they control all the optos throughout the game?

AF has me training alot right now, so this weekend will be a good time to look at this. I did receive notification today that my clear plastics have shipped, so I'll be able to install those soon! I am basically waiting on those, as the ball not ever making it up the coffin ramp totally kills this game ....(in terms of going for 30's)

#1754 5 years ago

Newpinowner, BSD is kind of a tough game to shop. Sometimes people take them apart, but have a bit of difficulty getting them back together correctly. Some things may look right, but not be correct. So more than other games, just assume the last guy may have done it wrong.

For the gummed up diverter, that may not be just the sleeve. It's possible to put the bracket that holds the coil in backwards. So look very closely at it as you are in there. If you just pop in the sleeve and it still rubs that is probably what happened in the past.

Same thing with anything around the coffin. The standoffs are easy to confuse to the point that you can't even put the glass back on over the coffin itself. When that happens someone in a hurry may have substituted the wrong posts just to get the glass on (that's what someone did to mine), which messes with the alignment.

It sounds like you are taking the right approach to get it all correct, but just make sure you are looking at how it is right now with a skeptical eye.

#1755 5 years ago

@newpinowner I think aobrien is correct in regards to your castle ball kickingbout. My guess is ur game, when it kicks out that second ball, is not realizing it worked therefore dropping the castle lock ball into play. So i would check the switch matrix and make sure all your trough switches are registering and that your shooter lane switch is working. I had a similar error a few years ago and it was a malfunctioning switch. 2) The opto 10 board runs all the,optos around the game except the mist ball. The mist ball uses the opto 24 board. So take a screen shot of ur matrix in diagnostic mode and post it.

#1756 5 years ago

Man, you guys are opening the flood gates!! I love it - thank you for so many responses! I'll get some picture spu later tonight. I got to go PT real quick - a quick lil run, and then I'll get back to you guys.

I plan to take the diverter apart this weekend, so it'll be a a lil' bit before I can get back to everyone on that. I can diagnose the switches though tomorrow - no problem!

I'll get pictures up of the hardware on my BSD hopefully later tonight. Thanks again for all the help and insight!

#1757 5 years ago

I posted this in another thread but thought I'd share it here also. In regards to repro BSD plastic sets.

Here's what I'm going to do for now. My apologies, but it's just easier this way.

The set is $158 plus $12 shipping, in the US. I can ship as many sets as you want for $12. Send me a check for as many sets as you want along with the shipping cost and I'll send them out as quickly as I can. The set contains everything you need along with extra sling and extra center target plastics. If, for some reason, you're not happy with them, just send them back and I'll be more than happy to send you a refund.

Please include your shipping info and your Pinside handle. I will eventually be contacting those in this thread and don't want to contact you if you've already ordered a set. I do not know that Bill Smith is bigf'ingdick33 on Pinside, so please let me know who you are. It'll make my life a whole lot easier, although I know some will still f' this part up. A number of these are eventually going to Rick at PPS and BAA, so if you don't get them from me, you can order them there.

Please send check to:

Bryan Kelly
18890 Elgin Ave
Farmington MN 55024

#1758 5 years ago

I am SO putting a check in the mail for a plastics set. Heck to the yeah. Now when the ramps come out as well - man......!!!!

#1759 5 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

I would check the switch matrix and make sure all your trough switches are registering and that your shooter lane switch is working. I had a similar error a few years ago and it was a malfunctioning switch. 2) The opto 10 board runs all the,optos around the game except the mist ball. The mist ball uses the opto 24 board. So take a screen shot of ur matrix in diagnostic mode and post it.

Howdy fellas,

So, I jumped into BSD tonight and started changing some incads to LEDs. While in there, I took some pictures and video of the ball trough switch behavior for everyone. Tell me what you think. The video can show what is happening better than I can describe it.

I am going to hold off on posting the picture for now, because my picture does show all 3 ball trough switches active, BUT.... I can't remember when that photo was taken, so I need to do another video and take a picture of the screen again.

More to come tomorrow night. Stay tuned, and thanks again for everyone's insights!

#1760 5 years ago

I think your switches are flaky. 43 showing when 42 should to me means that 42 is not registering correctly when depressed and the last switch that did register was 43. Just my thoughts of course...

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

#1761 5 years ago

been waiting for GI OCDs to come back in stock for a while. Finally got it. huge difference not having the GI flashing on and off.

https://vimeo.com/101059563

#1762 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

I think your switches are flaky. 43 showing when 42 should to me means that 42 is not registering correctly when depressed and the last switch that did register was 43. Just my thoughts of course...
Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

I agree, 42 looks bad. It's cheap enough to replace 42. Or you could first swap the switches for 42 and 43 and see if it then shows that 43 is not registering, that would confirm the bad switch.

#1763 5 years ago

@Newpinowner In regards to your flaky trough switches, next time you do that fill the trough with balls exercise and you have 2 balls in but it says last switch touched pull the ball out and see if its registering. it looks like its is registering correctly on the matrix diagram, it may just been a software glitch in regards to it telling you last switch was ball #3. The actual cherry switches are probably all good its probably the metal that activates the switches that need adjustment. I 100% agree with Rlermen and MrBellmens advise. Also in regards to the dumping 2 balls at once. I didn't see you test the ball shooter switch in the video. Can you confirm it is working properly. Many times the 2 balls at once error is b/c after the ball is locked and the 2nd ball is ejected into the shooter lane, the computer is not registering that second ball fast enough and thinks that a 2nd ball didn't eject out therefore it ejects the known ball in the castle lock. I would bet your kicker arm needs cleaned and/or the lane switch needs adjusted.

#1764 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I agree, 42 looks bad. It's cheap enough to replace 42. Or you could first swap the switches for 42 and 43 and see if it then shows that 43 is not registering, that would confirm the bad switch.

Or simply try to clean 42. Gunk can build up under the arm where the actual switch button is located.

#1765 5 years ago

Anyone know if new side are is available anywhere or is currently being made? Just bought my Bryan Kelley plastics need new side art too

#1766 5 years ago

KP: contact Black_rose on here. He's redone a few bsd's. He may know where.

#1767 5 years ago

Hey guys, thank you so much for such thorough responses today! I just got home from work, and I plan on taking out the switches and cleaning them up a good bit. I wonder if I swapped switches #44 (for the 4th ball when you get triple stacked multiball going) and #42 if everything would behave (except during triple stacked multiball of course). I'll start doing some diagnostics later tonight.

We have some friends coming over for a possible pinball party tonight, so if I don't get to it tonight, I'll get some updates going this weekend. My clear plastics for the coffin ramp and CT LEDs should be coming in tomorrow. Prototype slingshot plastics are coming from Europse - prolly later in the week...!!

#1768 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Hey guys, thank you so much for such thorough responses today! I just got home from work, and I plan on taking out the switches and cleaning them up a good bit. I wonder if I swapped switches #44 (for the 4th ball when you get triple stacked multiball going) and #42 if everything would behave (except during triple stacked multiball of course). I'll start doing some diagnostics later tonight.
We have some friends coming over for a possible pinball party tonight, so if I don't get to it tonight, I'll get some updates going this weekend. My clear plastics for the coffin ramp and CT LEDs should be coming in tomorrow. Prototype slingshot plastics are coming from Europse - prolly later in the week...!!

Actually, having the 4th be 'broken' would probably only effect reloading the MIST ball. triple stack would be fine because all of them would be open. It's having all 4 in the trough that would be the problem point. I bet it would probably still be better than where you're at now.

#1769 5 years ago

Finally got an LCD installed in my BSD for a color display using a DMDExtender.

Videos attached (not the best quality but you get the idea). I like the results, plus you can adjust the color combinations and "dot" resolution to get the effect you like. My resolution blends or merges the classical DMD dots together (see DMDExtender posts for more info).

Needed to make or buy a speaker panel w/o the red display window tint.

Jeff from Classic Arcades has them for sale now. I'm eagerly waiting for mine to arrive to replace the one I made (mine isn't the best).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-bram-stokers-dracula-speaker-panels-finally

#1770 5 years ago

Frickin sweet man. I love the blood dripping during play.

#1771 5 years ago

Anyone in need of a new backboard decal? Mine is trashed and I need to see about getting another made. Might make more if there's any interest.

#1772 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Anyone in need of a new backboard decal? Mine is trashed and I need to see about getting another made. Might make more if there's any interest.

ill take one Bryan just let me know how much $

#1773 5 years ago

Got my drac a week ago. Here it is sitting in my fun room. Thanks Rob. https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=WL&v=fo0YOXdEYAE

#1774 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Do you mean the side backboard decals?

#1775 5 years ago

Just an update, I got my clear plastic for the coffin ramp today from jasonpaulbauer. Got it partially installed (installing new bolts in the circular posts) - works 100% so far - hit the ramp multiple times with zero issues.

Anyone that needs this particular plastic, you can get it from him at his Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/transaction/213513987

Going to play a couple games, and then get back to work on diagnosing my Castle Lock issue per the recommendations of everyone here. I'll keep everyone posted! Thanks everyone!

P.S. - what is the other plastic in the set for??

#1776 5 years ago

More progress - started cleaning up the PCBs underneath the PF. Man, these things may have never been cleaned..... yuck....

Here's the PCB for the cross insert. Note one of the "sideways mounted" bulb holders was broken off (came that way with my machine), before and after cleanup.

Question: does anyone know if you can get the mounted sideways bulb socks that have to be soldered into this PCB? I think I can fix the old one, but if new ones are available - well ..... Marco is getting another order from me already - mount as well throw that in there ...

B&A pics:

Picture 046.jpg

Picture 047.jpg

#1777 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

what is the other plastic in the set for??

Above the entry ramp (top right corner of pic).

img_3877.jpg

#1778 5 years ago
Quoted from kevinleedrum:

Above the entry ramp (top right corner of pic).

img_3877.jpg 120 KB

Good man, thank you! Mine didn't even have that. Got one now!

#1779 5 years ago

Well, today was pretty productive. Changed nearly every insert light to LED. Got the clear plastics added.

Sunday, move onto the "Cross" PCB - see if we can get that lamp socket soldered back on. Need to start looking at how to best remove the subways to get to the last few insert bulbs.

Also, troubleshooting the beacon lamp on HS2.

Overall, pretty productive weekend so far. Will diagnose the Castle Lock and Diverter later in the week at this rate. BSD takes a good bit of time to shop all the lights to LEDs ....

Will keep everyone posted on the diagnosis of the C.L. and Div.

#1780 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Do you mean the side backboard decals?

I mean this one.

image.jpg
#1781 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

2. I have some nasty alignment issues with my coffin ramps where the "flip" ramp and the hard plastic ramp meet. Please see pictures below:

I've got the same thing on my BSD however the ball gets around no problem, some times a little slow. I've seen photos of others' machines with the same thing.

#1782 5 years ago
Quoted from onetaste:

I've got the same thing on my BSD however the ball gets around no problem, some times a little slow. I've seen photos of others' machines with the same thing.

Since I posted this, my clear plastic for that ramp came in and has been installed. Pretty much no issues now - I think I have had only one rejection since installing it! Jalpert says he knows how to install washers on that "flip up" ramp to make the alignment better. Just waiting to hear from him on that one.

#1783 5 years ago

So, I got some more work done today. Nearly all inserts have LEDs now, just have to remove the subway for the last few, and I need to get some LED flashers for that area, so it is on hold. The "D" insert in Dracula was intermittently lighting up, so I soldered all the pins with fresh solder, and all is good there. A couple quick pictures - nothing too earth-moving, but some excellent progress.

Wife and I played a couple quick games; man, this game is fricking awesome!

My workplace as I started this morning D: ...
DSCF6436.jpg

Some bulbs had been in here a LONG time...
DSCF6437.jpg

DRACULA PCB before cleaning
DSCF6444.jpg

...and after cleaning and reflow of new solder!
DSCF6445.jpg

#1784 5 years ago
Quoted from TravisRT1985:

Got my drac a week ago. Here it is sitting in my fun room. Thanks Rob. https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=WL&v=fo0YOXdEYAE

Rub it in why don't you ...miss the game, but glad you like it! Looks great in your game room. Let's see you top the high score!

#1785 5 years ago

LEDs pretty much done - all inserts with the exception of those underneath the subways and all GI with the exception of the one underneath the left ramp and I believe one within the coffin.

I was trying some new stuff with this. Definitely on the verge of the "skittles" realm - just trying something different. Can always change it back if it does not work out .

Picture 053.jpg

#1786 5 years ago

Looking good. Don't forget the backbox!

#1787 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Looking good. Don't forget the backbox!

Soon my man! It has all white and red LEDs now (came like that) - I saw some posts here with some excellent color diagrams on what to do to liven it p. I definitely plan on doing that too - maybe later tonight !

#1788 5 years ago

Hey guys,

Need a lil' help. I am looking at ordering some things from Marco soon, and I want to get all new trough switches - just in case. So I looked up the part #: 5647-00957-00 for trough switch 2, 3, and 4...and #5647-12693-08 for trough switch 1.

Trough 2 through 4 on Marco: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/180-5009-00
Trough 1 on Marco: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5647-12693-08

Now - the picture for switches 2 through 4 looks similar, but it lacks the "V" shaped trigger wire that the balls roll over. Do those come off the old switches and get installed on the new ones? If not, what is the correct switch to buy? The reference picture on Marco does not install me with confidence; I don't see how the balls would trigger those tiny switch arms.

Thanks everyone!

#1789 5 years ago

some LED's

drac pic-97.JPG
#1790 5 years ago

Okay my turn for help. My Right mist ball gate is acting up. I have it adjusted and working but need a new gate and Lift that connects to the wire gate. I believe these parts are #A-16269 and #12-7064. However!!! The bolt that held the wire gate to this lift twisted so much it broke, So i have it rigged so that it works but I just used a regular large screw, with a nut as a space and a nut holding it together. I know this is a pain, but can anyone take off their Castle plastic and take a couple shots of how this is all supposed to be connected for me. My problem is the gate isn't keeping the ball in front of the opto correctly, so I had to tape the top and left portions of the opto to get it to play correctly and I am re-doing everything on this machine so I want all original parts and things working as they should. Thanks in advance!

#1791 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I am looking at ordering some things from Marco soon, and I want to get all new trough switches - just in case. So I looked up the part #: 5647-00957-00 for trough switch 2, 3, and 4...and #5647-12693-08 for trough switch 1.

Hmm, those don't look right, but I don't remember what my switches look like. Some microswitches like that do have removable arms, and its easy to tell which ones (your second link).

Quoted from kporter946286:

Okay my turn for help.

honestly, I can't quite follow. post your pics first? show me yours and I'll show you mine?

#1792 5 years ago

First, Ill send photo's later tonight or tomorrow I am at work and have a date with some SUSHI later. Second, this is the RIGHT mist ball gate I am talking about, where the mist ball gets loaded. You can't see where the wire form gate attaches to the actuator (which is attached to the coil) unless you take off the large Castle Plastic. The coil controls what looks like a tongue depressor (i think its called an actuator) which attached to the wire gate. Therefore the coil fires, actuator goes up and lifts or closes the right mist ball gate. When I bought the game the wire gate and actuator looked "rigged" to work and finally broke the bolt used to hold them together in half. So I am asking if someone can take some photo's of this right mist ball gate area. The problem is the large Castle Plastic is in the way of the photo's I want. I want to see if I am missing a pieces or if its just a bent wire gate that is causing me my issue. The issue is the mist ball load but doesn't cover the opto beam fully due to the gate. So I had to rig up my the right opto with electric tape so that only the bottom and right side of the opto or visible. If I don't the ball isn't blocking the opto 100% and the game is thinking there is no ball loaded so the gate opens drops the loaded ball and then re-loads over and over. The tape is a temporary fix and I want it working as it should. WHEW....sorry for hte long winded post.

#1793 5 years ago

So I got some parts in today!!!

Got this from Classic Arcade today:

Picture 055-25.jpgPicture 056-219.jpgPicture 057.jpgPicture 058.jpgPicture 059.jpg

Also, got the prototype plastics and stationary target decals in!

Picture 063.jpg

Lastly, got the LEDs in the translite per the setup MrBellMan was gracious enough to share with us. I left the reds in where Dracula's name goes, but other than that, I did exactly the same setup.

Picture 062.jpg

Now, I am waiting on the hex spacers to properly install the prototype plastics . Such first world problems.

#1794 5 years ago

How's this?

IMAG0423.jpg
#1795 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So I got some parts in today!!!
Got this from Classic Arcade today:

Where'd you get the target decals? Been looking for a cheap place to get those.

#1796 5 years ago

More easy installs - 4 new pinballs and PinballCard.com's custom apron cards.

Picture 068.jpg

Another order with Marco tonight. Got more parts for BSD coming!

#1797 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Where'd you get the target decals? Been looking for a cheap place to get those.

The place - not cheap ($12) - but there they are:

http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/dracula-target-decals-p-2696.html?language=english

Same place I got the proto plastics.

#1798 5 years ago

Double Post - my bad.

#1800 5 years ago

mmmm.
IMG_1481.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
There are 7072 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside