IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 224.
#1351 10 years ago

More stuff...

image-71.jpgimage-71.jpg

#1352 10 years ago

I want that big ramp if it's for sale!!!!!

#1353 10 years ago

I am interested in the proto slingshot plastics, and the rest of the plastics if they are still available. Also possibly The village piece and the graveyard molded piece.

#1354 10 years ago

If you could shoot me a PM with a price for everything that would be cool.

#1355 10 years ago

Kerry Richard has everything I owned for the BSD in the back of his SUV...you may want to contact him for any of the stuff.

Robert

#1356 10 years ago

My BSD is off to a new home today. Being picked up at lunch time, so I'm playing the heck out of it to try for "30 million" stack. Only managed to stack 2 so far. Decided to grab and mod up a Tron - from dark to pretty machines I suppose. Staying local, so will be able to visit. I'll keep the DVD though, just for old time sake.

#1357 10 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Kerry Richard has everything I owned for the BSD in the back of his SUV...you may want to contact him for any of the stuff.
Robert

Is he on pinside?

#1359 10 years ago

Would it be possible for someone to take a picture of the playfied in the castle area with the molded castle removed? I do not have the proper mounts for the castle piece and need to see what I have to get to have it properly installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

#1360 10 years ago

Does this help bsd 077.jpgbsd 077.jpgbsd 068.jpgbsd 068.jpgbsd 066.jpgbsd 066.jpg

#1361 10 years ago
Quoted from kpull:

I 100% agree with this statement. Show us man!!!

Finally got around to unpacking BSD after Rocky Mtn. Pinball Showdown. Here are a few pics...
BSD.jpgBSD.jpgBSD_2.jpgBSD_2.jpgBSD_3.jpgBSD_3.jpgBSD_4.jpgBSD_4.jpgBSD_5.jpgBSD_5.jpg

#1362 10 years ago

I'm on the hunt for one of these...

Question though - how tough is it to shop/maintain?

#1363 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Question though - how tough is it to shop/maintain?

Easy. . . . I also find this game easy to shop out. Its a fantastic game!

#1364 10 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Good to hear, thanks! Next trick is finding one.

#1365 10 years ago
Quoted from SJJ:

Does this help

Yes it does. Thank you very much.

#1366 10 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Fantastic game yes, but easy to shop? I haven't shopped many, but I'm almost done with BSD right now and it's the hardest I've done (that includes STTNG). Everything is so layered...maybe it's just me though because I do it in sections rather than stripping the entire playfield at once. All I know is I don't ever want to shop a BSD again

#1367 10 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Well..... shopped mine this week, that coffin with the connectors underneath and ramps rearranging all the time, it gave me quite a handfull

PS added that cool "LED-stip in the graveyard", wauw what a great effect! Thanks to the original poster (Jnewton) of this idea

#1368 10 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Finally got around to unpacking BSD after Rocky Mtn. Pinball Showdown. Here are a few pics...

I can see why you won that prize! Congrats on a sharp looking machine

#1369 10 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

BSD_5.jpg 50 KB

Looks nice ghost. I think I need to do the graveyard mod next on mine as well. Also like the green spot light you have on the village side.
Keith

#1370 10 years ago

Yay for conflicting evidence!

If I find one that works and is clean, I'll be happy. It could be a learning experience.

#1371 10 years ago

Is there anything more frustrating than a sdtm drain with two balls locked in the coffin and castle and the castle lock &mist lit?

#1372 10 years ago

Greetings,

New member and new to pinball pics to follow. Great thread enjoyed the read. I just replaced lamps with LED's using the cointaker kit. Outstanding results. I am experiencing problems similar to others with the GI under the left targets, middle targets, and the pops. They were working with the incandesant lights and then with LED's. Next time i turned it on only the flashers under the targets worked and they stayed on constantly. Next time all dark. I did the GI illumunation test and the WHT-GRN and WHT-ORN do not produce light. After closer inspection, I noticed heavy solders on several lamps and when I reinstalled the solder may have touched another lamp so I readjusted however, this was after turning the power back on and producing current.

I am not familar with the fuses and understand from the thread that a visual inspection will not suffice and a multimeter must be used?
From the manual I would start in the backbox I think but I heard it mentioned there are fuses unde the PF as well? Another inersting find was all the LED's were 44/555/906(FL)/89(FL). In the pops they are 259 which I have not found anywhere else does that sound right?

Thank you for any assistance.

#1373 10 years ago

The fuses you have to check are the ones on the power-driver-board.
(the big one, lowest board on the right)

#1374 10 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

The fuses you have to check are the ones on the power-driver-board.(the big one, lowest board on the right)

Thank you. I have purchased all of those for spares.

#1375 10 years ago

First off, let me state that when I walked up to the BSD in one of the Pre-Pinburgh tournaments for the first time I stated out loud, "DO NOT FAIL HERE TONIGHT!"

Anyway, here's my fave BSD story. See the pic I attached? Notice that is ball ONE. I had Castle Lock started for the third time and NO BALLS WERE SPIT OUT! The machine ran through ball search after ball search and...nothing! Finally told myself that if I had to shut it down I needed to get a pic first. So I did, then shut it down, powered it back up and it played fine. I was on my way to best game ever on it! (I do hold the machine all-time high. It is in the wild at a wings joint I frequent)...

1072321_433909906716083_657443722_o.jpg1072321_433909906716083_657443722_o.jpg
#1376 10 years ago
Quoted from Tyson1868:

In the pops they are 259 which I have not found anywhere else does that sound right?

That does not sound right. I think they should be standard 555s.

Quoted from SkeebWilcox:

I had Castle Lock started for the third time and NO BALLS WERE SPIT OUT!

I was playing last night and during a decent game, I finally locked my 3rd ball to start castle aaaaand nothing. Just locked up and eventually rebooted. Played a couple more games to see if it was just a fluke and just wound up empty and went to bed... I'll have to do it again tonight to make sure it's all ok.

#1377 10 years ago

As promised, pics of my BSD after installing the Pinballbulbs.com kit. It also has the Gothic Cross mod, Cliffy set, plastic protectors, Pinball Pro speakers, and chrome back box trim. There are no limits to science!

DSC_3238.JPGDSC_3238.JPG

DSC_3111.jpgDSC_3111.jpg
DSC_3248.JPGDSC_3248.JPG
DSC_3249.JPGDSC_3249.JPG

#1378 10 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

As promised, pics of my BSD after installing the Pinballbulbs.com kit. It also has the Gothic Cross mod, Cliffy set, plastic protectors, Pinball Pro speakers, and chrome back box trim.

DSC_3238.JPG 249 KB
DSC_3249.JPG 149 KB
DSC_3248.JPG 264 KB
DSC_3111.jpg 250 KB

I keep looking at the pictures. What a sharp looking machine.

#1379 10 years ago

As promised, pics of my BSD after installing the Pinballbulbs.com kit. It also has the Gothic Cross mod, Cliffy set, plastic protectors, Pinball Pro speakers, and chrome back box trim.

DSC_3238.JPG 249 KB

DSC_3249.JPG 149 KB

DSC_3248.JPG 264 KB

DSC_3111.jpg 250 KB

Looks nice NorCal. I need to pull the trigger on LED's for BSD one of these days.
Keith

#1380 10 years ago

I just got my BSD working and I am in the prcess of figuring out the bazillion things that were wrong with the game. One thing that I noticed is that I can lock three balls in the coffin to start coffin multi ball and when it starts I only have one ball. I can start to spell DRACULA to get the jackpot but I am only doing it with one ball. Any ideas on what could be wrong? Since I have never really played a perfectly working machine before, I do not know how things are supposed to work during a game.

#1381 10 years ago

Some of the choices are unexpected (the one red multiball insert, the four spotlights, and having blue instead of red in the back right corner)... But it's actually pretty awesome.

#1382 10 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I just got my BSD working and I am in the prcess of figuring out the bazillion things that were wrong with the game. One thing that I noticed is that I can lock three balls in the coffin to start coffin multi ball and when it starts I only have one ball. I can start to spell DRACULA to get the jackpot but I am only doing it with one ball. Any ideas on what could be wrong? Since I have never really played a perfectly working machine before, I do not know how things are supposed to work during a game.

This may be obvious, but are there four balls installed (and not stuck anywhere)?

#1383 10 years ago
Quoted from kevinleedrum:

Some of the choices are odd (the one red multiball insert, the four spolights, and having blue instead of red in the back right corner)... But it's actually pretty awesome.

I wasn't sure if the spotlights were needed, but now that they're in I really like them. The PF artwork is much more visible and really pops, and it's easier to play in the dark.

All that blue in the back is from an LED light strip mounted above. There's also an LED strip in the ball trough (purple I think). "There are no limits to science."

Quoted from mcclad:

I keep looking at the pictures. What a sharp looking machine.

Thanks! One of the best '90s art packages IMO. A real beauty. Makes my new Sterns look soulless.

#1384 10 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

What should happen is if the other 2 balls are in the trough, it should eject and launch them. If they are locked in the castle locks, it should release and launch them. Check out those switches to make sure the game knows where the balls are. Also that you have 4 in the machine, as mentioned.

#1385 10 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

That does not sound right. I think they should be standard 555s.
I was playing last night and during a decent game, I finally locked my 3rd ball to start castle aaaaand nothing. Just locked up and eventually rebooted. Played a couple more games to see if it was just a fluke and just wound up empty and went to bed... I'll have to do it again tonight to make sure it's all ok.

They are 555 I don't know what happened there.

Is it pinball life that making new ramps?

As promised, pics of my BSD after installing the Pinballbulbs.com kit. It also has the Gothic Cross mod, Cliffy set, plastic protectors, Pinball Pro speakers, and chrome back box trim. There are no limits to science!

Great looking BSD!

DSC_3238.JPG 249 KB
DSC_3249.JPG 149 KB
DSC_3248.JPG 264 KB
DSC_3111.jpg 250 KB

#1387 10 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

No. Pinball, Inc.http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/time-to-retire-from-pinball-inc-ramp-manufacturing-its-been-a-blast/page/3

Thank you.

#1388 10 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

What should happen is if the other 2 balls are in the trough, it should eject and launch them. If they are locked in the castle locks, it should release and launch them. Check out those switches to make sure the game knows where the balls are. Also that you have 4 in the machine, as mentioned.

Problem solved with trough switches.

#1389 10 years ago

Well, got my opto replaced and then started adding mods. Seems each one I add causes it's own little headache, between blown fuses and strange electrical static and popping and sound cutting in and out I can't seem to get Drac dialed in 100%.

Even with all that frustration I am loving the game more with each play. Of course I'm hating it more with each play too, because every time I get a little better, I still fall short somewhere else. Finally got a decent game going, hit castle multi and mist, and couldn't put the finally ball in for coffin until ball after I'd drained the multis. 845,490,010 and all I could think about was how I missed joining the Billionaire's Club and didn't stack all three multi balls. lol

Curse you Dracula!

I did buy Dracula a little buddy though. Not another pin (yet), but a Dracula Returns Skill Stop Slot.

#1390 10 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Fantastic game yes, but easy to shop? I haven't shopped many, but I'm almost done with BSD right now and it's the hardest I've done (that includes STTNG). Everything is so layered...maybe it's just me though because I do it in sections rather than stripping the entire playfield at once. All I know is I don't ever want to shop a BSD again

I thought it was a fairly tough shop also. If anything, it's way more complicated than it first appears!

#1391 10 years ago

Quick question, I installed three LED flex lights under the Dracula figure which I assume are supposed to point up to illuminate the figure or does the middle one just point up while the other two face the coffin? The amount of room for each space makes one question the direction.

#1392 10 years ago
Quoted from Tyson1868:

Quick question, I installed three LED flex lights under the Dracula figure which I assume are supposed to point up to illuminate the figure or does the middle one just point up while the other two face the coffin? The amount of room for each space makes one question the direction.

That's actually a good question. Mine are all pointing up, but the one in the face seems like its the only one you can see.

#1393 10 years ago
Quoted from Tyson1868:

I was just playing the under dracula LEDS last night in an attempt to figure out what to do there and was curious what others have done. I put a 4 smd red in the foot area, cool white 6 led fan in the torso and an optix in the head also cool white, all comet LEDS from what i had on hand. I have the dark cover on the coffin now with a light smoked one on the way from PPS, but still didnt see anything very dramatic.

#1394 10 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

I was just playing the under dracula LEDS last night in an attempt to figure out what to do there and was curious what others have done. I put a 4 smd red in the foot area, cool white 6 led fan in the torso and an optix in the head also cool white, all comet LEDS from what i had on hand. I have the dark cover on the coffin now with a light smoked one on the way from PPS, but still didnt see anything very dramatic.

I have Warm white in mine and I have not seen anything very dramitic either.

#1395 10 years ago

Could someone please post a picture of the underside of the ball trough? My switch that registers the 1st ball in the trough has a broken wire and I need to find out where to solder it to.

#1396 10 years ago

Thanks all. I can post a pic tommorow when I get back home. I have orange flipper coils that were standard issue. The arcade has a BSD with the blue. Gameplay is actually more difficult with the high power blue IMHO. Thinking of switching. What y'all have?

#1397 10 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Could someone please post a picture of the underside of the ball trough? My switch that registers the 1st ball in the trough has a broken wire and I need to find out where to solder it to.

Problem solved. For now. Until the next one rears its ugly head.

#1398 10 years ago

Well, apparently I've got too many mods.
Laseriffic Topper
MezelMods Under Cab single color lighting
Cointaker Love Never Dies

Any two seem to be fine, add the third one and there goes the poor F116 fuse.
I used the DKPinball power bundle to connect them

I had assumed that since everything is LED the draw wouldn't be enough to blow a fuse. Apparently I was wrong.

#1399 10 years ago

hi n0s, just put an arcade type power supply (betson p/n imp 44-1015) in the bottom of the cab.then connect it to 120v.after the games power switch so it comes on when you turn the game on. g.l.joe

#1400 10 years ago

Fellas: joining this club after Allentown.

My question is this: how many gi bulbs can I swap out from under the pf?
I'd like to add LEDs to the gi but don't want to get into basically what would be a shop in order to do so.

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 84.99
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 224.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.