PXL_20240310_205042362 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240310_201837504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240310_205105814 (resized).jpg
20240307_151004 (resized).jpg
20240307_113514 (resized).jpg
P1000806 (resized).JPG
to use (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 223.
#1301 10 years ago

I'm in the club now!! Just picked up a BSD!!

#1302 10 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I'm in the club now!! Just picked up a BSD!!

Welcome!

#1303 10 years ago
Quoted from kpull:

Bored today, so I modded my mod...
Keith

excellent !
are these eyes always "on", or linked with some "on/off" lighting ? as the bumpers for example...

#1304 10 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

excellent !
are these eyes always "on", or linked with some "on/off" lighting ? as the bumpers for example...

Thanks Riple. No, the eyes are not always on. I removed the 555 light under his head and tied the eyes into that. So anytime Dracula interacts through the DMD and when the coffin ramp goes up his eyes turn on.
Keith

#1305 10 years ago

Well, Dracula was up and running flawlessly for a bit and now when I get the ramp to lift for coffin ball, and fire them in there the Opto is not registering them. Get the check switch 72.

Under the board, everything seems to be connected and I didn't see any solder that was loose, etc. It just seems like the opto is not seeing the balls going in, but that sucker is in such an awkward place I can't see if it's even lit.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Figures too, as I'm just starting to get the hang of things although I still haven't heard "30 million", just 20.

#1306 10 years ago

Unscrew the emitter and pull it out far enough so you can look at it with your cell phone camera. If its emitting light, maybe the receiver is bad.

#1307 10 years ago

Wont brag anywhere else but here because this thread is why it won. Won 1st place for Best DMD with my BSD at Rocky Mtn Pinball Showdown. Thank all of you for your ideas.

#1308 10 years ago

^^^pictures or it did not happen

Congrats!

#1309 10 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

^^^pictures or it did not happen
Congrats!

I 100% agree with this statement. Show us man!!!

#1310 10 years ago

I did not take any pics at the show but as soon as I get it set back up I will prove it happened. I think what made the most difference was the mod idea i stole from Jnewton(Thank you J) lighting up the grave yard from inside with green pinballbulbs led strip. I like the way that looked so much that I had to do the same with the cave on the right bottom where the optos and locks are. I had to make a little cardboard tunnel to cover the opto's so I could illuminate from the top back of the cave, I did it in teal (blueish) and it also shines down on the pf just in that area. A green and red bulb in an added set of spot lights over by the building attached to the top of left sling really made the green mist path light up. I know , doesnt mean anything with out pic's. Soon
Thanks to Kpull as well I have your Drac in the coffin instead of Ron Jeremy ha ha

#1311 10 years ago

I played this for the first time at MGC and absolutely loved it. Can't wait to find another in my area so I can play more!

#1312 10 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

I did not take any pics at the show but as soon as I get it set back up I will prove it happened. I think what made the most difference was the mod idea i stole from Jnewton(Thank you J) lighting up the grave yard from inside with green pinballbulbs led strip. I like the way that looked so much that I had to do the same with the cave on the right bottom where the optos and locks are. I had to make a little cardboard tunnel to cover the opto's so I could illuminate from the top back of the cave, I did it in teal (blueish) and it also shines down on the pf just in that area. A green and red bulb in an added set of spot lights over by the building attached to the top of left sling really made the green mist path light up. I know , doesnt mean anything with out pic's. Soon
Thanks to Kpull as well I have your Drac in the coffin instead of Ron Jeremy ha ha

Well that is awesome! You just made my day. Now I must see pics Congrats

#1313 10 years ago

I played that one also. I thought it was one of the nicest, if not the nicest, looking game there.

Quoted from Looper:

I played this for the first time at MGC and absolutely loved it. Can't wait to find another in my area so I can play more!

#1314 10 years ago

Well, couldn't tell when it was still in place, but pulling it out, it became pretty obvious there was a problem.
Opto.jpgOpto.jpg

Found the diode laying inside the cab in the sub.
New one should be arriving tomorrow. Then I get to see how my soldering skills are these days. I've only ever really done wire to wire soldering for car stereos and electronics.

#1315 10 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Awesome! That makes me happy! Congrats!

#1316 10 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Well, couldn't tell when it was still in place, but pulling it out, it became pretty obvious there was a problem.

Found the diode laying inside the cab in the sub.
New one should be arriving tomorrow. Then I get to see how my soldering skills are these days. I've only ever really done wire to wire soldering for car stereos and electronics.

well, that was easy! You got the diode+board, not just the diode? surface mount soldering can be a pain, especially with two hands. Hopefully someone has some tips (other than making your wife hold the stuff).

#1317 10 years ago
Quoted from kpull:

Thanks Riple. No, the eyes are not always on. I removed the 555 light under his head and tied the eyes into that. So anytime Dracula interacts through the DMD and when the coffin ramp goes up his eyes turn on.Keith

even better than linked with the bumpers than...

#1318 10 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

well, that was easy! You got the diode+board, not just the diode? surface mount soldering can be a pain, especially with two hands. Hopefully someone has some tips (other than making your wife hold the stuff).

Yeah they're sending me out the whole piece, not the diode. I actually looked up how to do just the diode for future reference and I think for little things I may need to invest in a higher end soldering iron. Just to hit the two wires I'll be fine with my old one, but for some of the finer things I don't think it would get the job done, especially if it requires a really fine tip.

#1319 10 years ago

I just found out that a guy that I work with does powder coating. He is getting a new oven in a couple of days so after we talked a little I ended up getting my wireforms to him so they can be done in a candy red finish. My ramps were corroded and were in need of replacing, so this was a cheaper alternative. I saw many pictures of his work and he is certified by DuPont so I am sure that I will be happy with the finished product. I always thought that BSD needed more red so I feel these will really make the game "pop." Now comes the hard part of waiting for them to be done.

#1320 10 years ago

^^ love to see that with some pictures when they are back

#1321 10 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

^^ love to see that with some pictures when they are back

Me too! I've always thought of doing this or "murdering" out my ramps/rails/legs.....making it even more of a killer game than ever.

#1322 10 years ago

Does anybody repro the main left ramp?

#1323 10 years ago

One is in the works.

#1324 10 years ago

Thanks. Is it possible to reveal by whom and any confidence it will be completed?

#1326 10 years ago

Got it thanks. I feel confident that James won't leave us hanging.

#1327 10 years ago

Hells yeah on new ramps. Also, I am having a little trouble with my Castle Opto(I call it the rats hole ha). I was wondering if the opto part # 16908 white and #16909 black from PPS would be the correct replacement. The opto are getting voltage and I know the solenoid fires> Am I on the right track here?

#1328 10 years ago

What exactly is the problem? Ball goes in, but doesn't get popped out? If so, do what I told n0s4atu a few posts up first.

#1329 10 years ago

yes that's what happens

#1330 10 years ago

Thanks for your help. I did what you said. It was emitting light. Any way to test the receiver?

#1331 10 years ago

First try switch test mode and see if blocking the sender's beam changes the switch. If not, try a bright flashlight pointed at the receiver to see if that triggers the receiver.

#1332 10 years ago

I tried those two things to no avail. the receiver was dusty/dirty so I cleaned it a bit, still nothing. Additional info, as I was attempting to install some LEDs under the playfield the other day, I made a bad connection nearby this issue and it sparked. No smoke or stench. I checked the fuses as well. Any wisdom for a Drac noob?

#1333 10 years ago

Check the diode board below the playfield.

#1334 10 years ago

davjoszie, what is the error message the machine is giving you? Is it just "Check Switch 72 Castle Pop Opto"?

If the solenoid is just randomly firing, unscrew all 4 screws and pull the pieces down, go into switch test and use the up down buttons to get to number 72 and shine a non LED flashlight at the black side and see if it's registering. And look at the other side with your cell phone and see if it glows.

Also, it's on it's own little plug so make sure it's properly seated and didn't come unplugged or loosened.

And yes your part numbers should be correct.

#1335 10 years ago

I just got my BSD home and setup. Love it! Happy to have joined another sweet club on pinside.

#1336 10 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Check the diode board below the playfield.

You mean opto board? Check for under playfield fuses, too.

#1337 10 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

You mean opto board? Check for under playfield fuses, too.

I stand corrected..... Yup, opto

#1338 10 years ago
Quoted from davjoszie:

I tried those two things to no avail. the receiver was dusty/dirty so I cleaned it a bit, still nothing. Additional info, as I was attempting to install some LEDs under the playfield the other day, I made a bad connection nearby this issue and it sparked. No smoke or stench. I checked the fuses as well. Any wisdom for a Drac noob?

If you switched the GI light below the left mistball "cage", switch it back to the regular incandescent bulb. This should correct the problem. This happened to me and drove me nuts till I tracked it down.

#1339 10 years ago

Wow great to see so much BSD lovin in this thread!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-vs-wh20

#1340 10 years ago

can someone tell me the number or show me a photo of what the plastic under the coffin that always seems to be broken off just left of the coffin lock? thanks!

#1341 10 years ago

Not sure which one you mean. This one?

IMAG0405.jpgIMAG0405.jpg
#1342 10 years ago

Just wanted to put in a good word for pinballbulbs.com. I just finished installing their BSD lighting kit and it looks fantastic. It was about $200 (choke), but you get more than just bulbs. 2 led light strips and 4 spotlights are included. Their color choices are goo, and I really like what the light strips added to the game.

Only downsides for me were several missing bulbs (which they were quick to ship out once I alerted them), and having to pry the caps off several frosted bulbs. For the sockets that call for supers (aka clears) why not just send clears? The frosted caps are glued on and not all came off easily.

All-in-all a great purchase. My BSD looks amazing.

#1343 10 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Just wanted to put in a good word for pinballbulbs.com. I just finished installing their BSD lighting kit and it looks fantastic. It was about $200 (choke), but you get more than just bulbs. 2 led light strips and 4 spotlights are included. Their color choices are goo, and I really like what the light strips added to the game.
Only downsides for me were several missing bulbs (which they were quick to ship out once I alerted them), and having to pry the caps off several frosted bulbs. For the sockets that call for supers (aka clears) why not just send clears? The frosted caps are glued on and not all came off easily.
All-in-all a great purchase. My BSD looks amazing.

Post some pics! id like to see the look of the kit if yah wouldn't mind. Im going to be tackling LEDs on my BSD soon enough.

#1344 10 years ago

I'd also like to hear recommendations for LEDs.
I will just do inserts and backbox. GI is much more work than I wanna get into with removing parts.

#1345 10 years ago

hi blackbeard,so you finally snagged a bsd.look through this thread there are some great lighting tips. also you can do g.i. and flashers from under the playfield. have fun joe

#1346 10 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Not sure which one you mean. This one?

IMAG0405.jpg 223 KB

yep that one thanks.

#1347 10 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

Post some pics! id like to see the look of the kit if yah wouldn't mind. Im going to be tackling LEDs on my BSD soon enough.

Will do! Can't this weekend, but next week for sure.

#1348 9 years ago

Game is sold...

I decided to sell my BSD...it's a great pin that I enjoy, but I don't have the room to store it and just don't want it sitting in the garage anymore.

It has a combo of LED's & bulbs and a topper. I also have a few spare parts that I need to part with too.

I have a left ramp and the village model part and probably a few other things that I need to go find in the garage.

It is faded on one side and has a good playfield and no credit dot.

Not sure what to sell it for, opinions are welcome. It's available for viewing today in San Ramon.

Don't have any room, so no trades at this time.

Robert

#1349 9 years ago

Some pics...

image-309.jpgimage-309.jpg

image-38.jpgimage-38.jpg

image-609.jpgimage-609.jpg

#1350 9 years ago

Some parts...

image-486.jpgimage-486.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

There are 11,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.