Topic Stats

• 6,923 posts
  • 573 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by mollyspub
  • Topic is favorited by 222 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,120 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bsdglass3 (resized).jpg
bsdglassmirror (resized).jpg
bsdcpr (resized).jpg
20190831_104258 (resized).jpg
20190906_164519 (resized).jpg
20190803_052132 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190802_194328 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190803_051548 (resized).jpg
20190803_051543 (resized).jpg
20190811_180226 (resized).jpg
bsdd (resized).jpg
IMG_20190918_090005 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190923_134114 (resized).jpg
20190926_060358 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 6923 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 139.
#1251 5 years ago

i "pins" this topic for remind, as my Pin Magic should soon go away for a BSD...

#1252 5 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Would Lefkoff be drilling his own metal, I think not . I am Kevin from Lyons Classic PInball.
Do all BSD's have the metal hammerlite side rails ? I have only seen this on a friends CFBL.

Hi Kevin,

Not sure if they all do or not. Mine does have the metal hammerlite side rails as well.

Gord

#1253 5 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Would Lefkoff be drilling his own metal, I think not . I am Kevin from Lyons Classic PInball.
Do all BSD's have the metal hammerlite side rails ? I have only seen this on a friends CFBL.

Mine has them as well.
Keith

#1254 5 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

They do not all have them and they are not interchangeable. Someone else recently discovered this in another thread.

#1255 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

They do not all have them and they are not interchangeable. Someone else recently discovered this in another thread.

That was me. My personal one has wood, along with another I worked on. Two others had metal.

#1256 5 years ago

Metal here too. Mine has some wear at the top of the left outlane. I don't suppose there's any way to repair that finish? Wonder how hard these pieces would be to repro?

#1257 5 years ago

Thanks for the info guys. Does anyone know the story on the metal rails? What game besides BSD and CFBL got them? Why discontinue it ect.
I think you could attempt to repair the ware at the top left out lane with a spray paint that I think is called Metalite. It give that hammered metal look. You could try to clear it after paint, but a steel ball smacking a metal out lane wall is gonna ware away again.

#1258 5 years ago

BTW......if anyone is interested, I believe I have a spare set of metal side rails in good shape. I'd have to dig them out and take some pictures. PM me, if interested.

#1259 5 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Thanks for the info guys. Does anyone know the story on the metal rails? What game besides BSD and CFBL got them? Why discontinue it ect.
I think you could attempt to repair the ware at the top left out lane with a spray paint that I think is called Metalite. It give that hammered metal look. You could try to clear it after paint, but a steel ball smacking a metal out lane wall is gonna ware away again.

My guess would be cost wood vs metal rails. JMHO.

#1260 5 years ago

Hi BSD menbers
since I did not find any decals insert for d-r-a-c-u-l-a inserts , I decide to pay$ a graphist to do it,she did a pretty good job I think, whant your feed back, could order more if You want $40 can each.

20140328_181829.jpg 20140328_182521.jpg 20140328_183056.jpg 20140328_183057.jpg
#1261 5 years ago

Wow, nice decals. Is the outline supposed to be part of the decal?

Also, would someone do me a favor and take a picture of their coin door interlock switch and wiring for me?!

#1262 5 years ago

Just replaced my flipper coil sleeves, plunger mechanism and springs, what a difference. I can make the left ramp 95% of the time I hit it compared to about 60-70% before. The plunger and coil sleeves were pretty dirty. Took about 20 mins/side. The old plungers had a lot of play in them, these feel much firmer. Making that ramp is a must for this game and you don't get many second chances.

#1263 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Wow, nice decals. Is the outline supposed to be part of the decal?
Also, would someone do me a favor and take a picture of their coin door interlock switch and wiring for me?!

Does this help?
20140328_203748.jpg

Keith

#1264 5 years ago
Quoted from kpull:

Does this help?

Yup, perfect. Thanks!

Edit: Hell, I don't even have a bracket or holes where the bracket would mount... Hrm.

#1265 5 years ago

Not all of them had coin door interlock switches installed from the factory.

#1266 5 years ago

Really? I've got the wires hanging right there. Why wouldn't they install it?

#1267 5 years ago

I'm not really sure. TZ is the same way; some got the switch, some didn't. As far as I know, the connectors are always on the wire harness though, as you've discovered.

#1268 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Really? I've got the wires hanging right there. Why wouldn't they install it?

Is it a reimport? Mine is and it didn't have the switch installed, but the wires were there. I bought a new switch and bracket and installed it myself.

#1269 5 years ago

It is a reimport, actually. I'll probably do the same. Thank you!

#1270 5 years ago
Quoted from kevinleedrum:

I'm not really sure. TZ is the same way; some got the switch, some didn't. As far as I know, the connectors are always on the wire harness though, as you've discovered.

On some games from that era, the switch was attached to the door. If the door got changed, the new doors don't have that feature. You than have to add the bracket the switch attaches to.

#1271 5 years ago

every doz games or so i get a credit dot error, left magnet error, have done a magnet test all ok, Mist ball works perfectly as far as i can tell always has since I've had it, mist ball works from both sides ok, anything i should take a look at ?
thanks

#1272 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i "pins" this topic for remind, as my Pin Magic should soon go away for a BSD...

and Matra has left the place, Dracul is back home...
that means i have 26 pages to read in this topic

#1273 5 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

every doz games or so i get a credit dot error, left magnet error, have done a magnet test all ok, Mist ball works perfectly as far as i can tell always has since I've had it, mist ball works from both sides ok, anything i should take a look at ?
thanks

The same happens to me with the left drop score switch 16 (the target you hit when the ball launches). Registers every time it's hit and works in test mode, yet the dot remains. Some times I get a dot, go into the menu and there is no error, which is strange.

#1274 5 years ago

How's your play been when you have the credit dot? I believe the game gets the dot if you don't trip certain things every X amount of games.

Does anyone else ever get their Mystery Hole shot and it says "Outhole Bonus" and then hit the Mystery Hole again and you don't seem to get anything for it at all? Is that normal?

Is there a strategy guide anywhere as well?

#1275 5 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

How's your play been when you have the credit dot? I believe the game gets the dot if you don't trip certain things every X amount of games.
Does anyone else ever get their Mystery Hole shot and it says "Outhole Bonus" and then hit the Mystery Hole again and you don't seem to get anything for it at all? Is that normal?

Mystery has to be lit to get an award.

#1276 5 years ago

lol Yeah I suppose that does make sense. Duh. I'll claim being new to BSD rather than not real sharp.

#1277 5 years ago

OK BSD folks, lend me a hand here. We've got a BSD I'm finishing up, and all is well, save one thing. My co-worker "helpfully" cleaned my work area, and now my diverter blade is missing. I've looked high and low and can't find it. It doesn't seem to have a part number in the manual, so ordering one is out of the question. Could someone take a few pictures or measurements for me? It'd be cool to have this in one of our pin stops, but I can't send it out with no castle lock. That's just not fun.

#1278 5 years ago
Quoted from CadillacMusic:

OK BSD folks, lend me a hand here. We've got a BSD I'm finishing up, and all is well, save one thing. My co-worker "helpfully" cleaned my work area, and now my diverter blade is missing. I've looked high and low and can't find it. It doesn't seem to have a part number in the manual, so ordering one is out of the question. Could someone take a few pictures or measurements for me? It'd be cool to have this in one of our pin stops, but I can't send it out with no castle lock. That's just not fun.

Here you go: http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/parts-by-machine/williams-parts/bram-stoker-s-dracula/a-16152.html

#1279 5 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

In the database you will find a strategy guide and explanation.

http://www.ipdb.org/rulesheets/3072/DRACULA.HTM

This should help.

#1281 5 years ago

Thanks Double_D, just what I was looking for!

#1282 5 years ago

I had a BSD in storage for years that had start up problems. I just recently got it working with a replaced CPU/Driver board ribbon cable. I am in the process of shopping it and replacing some parts. Hope to be an official member soon. BSD to me is the one game that looks terrible with incandescent GI lighting. Blues and Reds definitely make the game look so much better. Can't wait for mine to be done and playable. After all, I have waited years.

#1283 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

..... Can't wait for mine to be done and playable. After all, I have waited years.

Well, get it up and running then!!
Don't waste time on here typing ....

If you are done we all can welcome you with a "Welcome to The Karpatians"

#1284 5 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Well, get it up and running then!!Don't waste time on here typing ....
If you are done we all can welcome you with a "Welcome to The Karpatians"

The pressure is now unbearable!!!!!!!
Actually I am awaiting a few shipments of parts so I have nothing to do but type. : )

#1285 5 years ago

Just posted this in my mod thread and thought I would update here as well.
Still have 1 left if interested. Price change - $45 shipped to U.S.A.
PM me if interested.
Thanks,
Keith
Drac.jpg

#1286 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

On some games from that era, the switch was attached to the door. If the door got changed, the new doors don't have that feature. You than have to add the bracket the switch attaches to.

Any news on plastics? Just noticed my left sling plastic is officially broken (don't know when it happened).

#1287 5 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Any news on plastics? Just noticed my left sling plastic is officially broken (don't know when it happened).

Waiting patiently as well. Both my slings are destroyed.
Keith

#1288 5 years ago

I didn't even know there were lights under Dracula. Just took him off and the sockets were empty. Threw in some 555s and it's all good now,

#1289 5 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

They're in the works. That's the only news I can give you.

#1290 5 years ago

Well, that sounds like good news to me.

#1291 5 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Well, that sounds like good news to me.

Oh, they'll get done but they're being done as a huge favor for me, so I'm not pushing it.

#1292 5 years ago

Bryan is da man!

#1293 5 years ago

If someone is interested I will make a order at they end of the week , $40 can+ ship via mail.

20140406_223412.jpg 20140406_223720.jpg
#1294 5 years ago

BSD with my morning coffee today. Set my video mode to hard (Adjustments>Feature Adjustments>#24: a2.24 Video Mode Diff.). Lots o' fun. Definitely more of an adrenaline rush...

#1295 5 years ago

Who is bringing one of these puppies to Pinfest for sale>? Anyone? Anyone?

Want to join the club..

#1296 5 years ago

I will be joining the club soon! I just have to make the rest of the payment by the time of delivery in the first week of May.

#1297 5 years ago

I am bringing my recently acquired BSD to Rock Mtn Pinball Showdown tomorrow if i can finish my shop job today. I always thought the game was too dark so I stole a lot of your( BSD club members) ideas and some of my own to brighten it up. Now I just have to get it playing as good as it looks. FYI If anyone ever needs to replace or rebuild your mist multball gate. Do not use steel for gate,must be brass. I had the hardest time figuring out why the ball would travel over to the open gate only to have the gate close just as it arrived . After a lot of head scratching we figured out that the strength of the magnet that takes the ball across the pf also pulled down on the steel gate that i made.Once I replaced it with brass all was good in BSD world. One more opto to replace and a flipper rebuild and should be ready to be banged on by the public for 3 days straight. I will try to take some pics if anyone cares.
Thanks for all your help guys

#1298 5 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

BSD with my morning coffee today. Set my video mode to hard (Adjustments>Feature Adjustments>#24: a2.24 Video Mode Diff.). Lots o' fun. Definitely more of an adrenaline rush...

I changed mine a while back. After a couple years the video mode became boring. Now with the harder settings it is something you have to gear up for.

And I have to say GRRRRRRRRRR. Last night I was right there. First ball I had mist lit, 2 balls in the coffin, 2 balls in the castle and I was ready to rock the house. I was absolutely on fire... until Dracula burned me again. I got NOTHING started. Lit the castle for the third, lost the ball. The next two balls were just flail fests, and anyone that owns one knows that lack of control means death on this game. In about 20 seconds the entire thing was over and I was walking away swearing at the game. No other game I own has such high heights and such low depths, and sometimes it has them all in the same game. So close.

#1299 5 years ago

Well said DaveH,
Thinking i was the only one this happens to, Last night came pretty close to putting my Knee into the coin door in Frustration,
Drac Wins again

#1300 5 years ago

Bored today, so I modded my mod...
Keith
Drac_Eyes.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Madison, AL
$ 209.99
$ 109.99
There are 6923 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 139.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside