PXL_20240713_121746671 (resized).jpg
6CF62B04-A577-467A-82F0-CB21AE9B3F8A (resized).jpeg
571BD30B-5CAA-4366-9A51-682047210DD8 (resized).jpeg
318F4869-4BC3-4E10-8301-6B061A2F075C (resized).jpeg
03F6B244-6DD9-4C73-8FDB-4EFCF51FD0CA (resized).jpeg
4AAFAA0A-68B9-4E20-913C-7929F8EDBCB1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8348 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,389 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 228.
#11251 42 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I’m assuming you mean USB? If so, yes!

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, do you say yes to remove it or to leave it on the board?

#11252 42 days ago
Quoted from Leonardogit:

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, do you say yes to remove it or to leave it on the board?

It stays installed.

#11253 42 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

It stays installed.

Thanks for the answer mollyspub
I thought it was like colordmd, if I had known before I wouldn't have used a 32GB flashcard hahaha

#11254 42 days ago

Just got the game last week and finally set it up AND rewatched movie after probably 2 decades:
Played quite a bit on location but as far as the movie goes, wow!,

I don’t know how it was not nominated for more awards. Oldham was outstanding ….all of them did a great job and always have loved Winoma. Very sexy flick and made for a nice encore with my wife (after pinball of course)

Hearing the callouts finally at home and then watching made for a great night!

Btw, I gave up a super minty HUO RBION for it AND came out of pocket for a little more.
BSD has been on list for a long time and glad to be in the club finally.

#11255 41 days ago

Hi All, having trouble with my long opto. During game it drops ball from right gate and even pops a few more during game. All out of sync. From my research and taking it apart I believe it to be the long opto receiver. Can someone please share a pic of their receiver opto back and the wiring. My wiring has 2 in plastic and for some reason a braided cord that someone at some stage has added. I’m not to sure how it’s all meant to be soldered or even if it’s the correct opto. Any help would be great.
Gav

#11256 40 days ago
Quoted from JWilberdog:

Just got the game last week and finally set it up AND rewatched movie after probably 2 decades:
Played quite a bit on location but as far as the movie goes, wow!,
I don’t know how it was not nominated for more awards. Oldham was outstanding ….all of them did a great job and always have loved Winoma. Very sexy flick and made for a nice encore with my wife (after pinball of course)
Hearing the callouts finally at home and then watching made for a great night!
Btw, I gave up a super minty HUO RBION for it AND came out of pocket for a little more.
BSD has been on list for a long time and glad to be in the club finally.

welcome to the club @JWilberdog, you made a great choice in buying BSD, RBION is a very cool one but BSD is one of the best of all time
I intend to watch the movie, everyone says good things about

#11257 40 days ago
Quoted from BigGav:

Hi All, having trouble with my long opto. During game it drops ball from right gate and even pops a few more during game. All out of sync. From my research and taking it apart I believe it to be the long opto receiver. Can someone please share a pic of their receiver opto back and the wiring. My wiring has 2 in plastic and for some reason a braided cord that someone at some stage has added. I’m not to sure how it’s all meant to be soldered or even if it’s the correct opto. Any help would be great.
Gav

Hi Gav, you will probably have to replace your 24 opto board, I have some images that I took recently when changing my 24 opto board, I don't know if they will help you but if you need I can take better photos

IMG_20240609_195745436 (resized).jpgIMG_20240609_195745436 (resized).jpgIMG_20240609_195751352_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20240609_195751352_HDR (resized).jpg
#11258 38 days ago

Anyone have a smoked coffin cover plastic they willing to sell (possibly not needed after coffin/Crate mod)?

coffin cover smoked (resized).jpgcoffin cover smoked (resized).jpg
#11259 37 days ago

I have a smoked one but I'm looking for a clear one. Do you want to trade??

#11260 37 days ago

Wanted to give props to Kurt KJS for my set of custom plastics. Dude you have many skills!

0794016D-CDAD-4810-A02C-6EBECC85304B (resized).jpeg0794016D-CDAD-4810-A02C-6EBECC85304B (resized).jpeg3FC3BA1C-2C07-45B6-A978-981F50377865 (resized).jpeg3FC3BA1C-2C07-45B6-A978-981F50377865 (resized).jpegD8F01ED8-1028-4749-B368-9C2F4E1A8C3E (resized).jpegD8F01ED8-1028-4749-B368-9C2F4E1A8C3E (resized).jpegE22E6E10-D5C5-4EF5-9106-EE6033A0A00F (resized).jpegE22E6E10-D5C5-4EF5-9106-EE6033A0A00F (resized).jpegF3C5FF65-CCED-4546-94D6-E541693BEF88 (resized).jpegF3C5FF65-CCED-4546-94D6-E541693BEF88 (resized).jpeg
#11261 37 days ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Wanted to give props to Kurt KJS for my set of custom plastics. Dude you have many skills!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I went with the gothic gray plastics, ramp decals , speaker panel etc.
Yours have a nice twist if your keeping the blueish theme.

#11262 37 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I went with the gothic gray plastics, ramp decals , speaker panel etc.
Yours have a nice twist if your keeping the blueish theme.

Going with blues, blacks with a smattering of red. My original playfield rails are trashed (rusty) just trying to decide if it's possible to add a splash of orange somewhere. Probably will clash with the reds. I also have gothic ramp decals, back board overlay and the Kurts's blue apron overlay. Decisions....... decisions
What color did you do your armor? In looking back at previous pic posts no one ever goes with blue!?

#11263 37 days ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Going with blues, blacks with a smattering of red. My original playfield rails are trashed (rusty) just trying to decide if it's possible to add a splash of orange somewhere. Probably will clash with the reds. I also have gothic ramp decals, back board overlay and the Kurts's blue apron overlay. Decisions....... decisions
What color did you do your armor? In looking back at previous pic posts no one ever goes with blue!?

For armor , I went with gloss black. Will be redoing my cabinet with the gothic decals as well

#11264 37 days ago

Finally installed a LED ColorDMD. Had to get a new Translite from Classic Arcades as well.
PXL_20240614_181035990.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20240614_181035990.MP (resized).jpg

#11265 37 days ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

I did a color called "Carlton Purple". Looks like gloss black under most lighting conditions, but it has both blue and purple metallic flake when the light hits it right. Pretty subtle and fits the rest of the machines colors. Here are two pics showing how it changes depending on light.

20211215_181948 (resized).jpg20211215_181948 (resized).jpg20220118_195511 (resized).jpg20220118_195511 (resized).jpg

#11266 37 days ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I did a color called "Carlton Purple". Looks like gloss black under most lighting conditions, but it has both blue and purple metallic flake when the light hits it right. Pretty subtle and fits the rest of the machines colors. Here are two pics showing how it changes depending on light.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah completely subtle, looks black.

#11267 32 days ago

Seeing if someone can help me with these parts: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/178782

#11269 32 days ago

Are you sure that those are the right ones? The part numbers are different than the WPC ones.

#11270 32 days ago
Quoted from WalrusPin:

Are you sure that those are the right ones? The part numbers are different than the WPC ones.

Check https://www.ipdb.org/files/3072/Williams_1993_Bram_Stoker_s_Dracula_Parts_List.txt

Look right to me

#11271 32 days ago
Quoted from WalrusPin:

I believe it's in the manual under the Unique Parts List.

Screenshot_20240619-152052 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240619-152052 (resized).png
#11273 31 days ago
Quoted from WalrusPin:

Thank you so much! Just ordered them

Last time I ordered these gates from Marco they were made of steel instead of copper (even though the photo showed copper). Can't use a ferromagnetic material there, the gate will become magnetized! I ended up making my own out of stainless steel welding rod.

#11274 31 days ago
Quoted from Zee:

Last time I ordered these gates from Marco they were made of steel instead of copper (even though the photo showed copper). Can't use a ferromagnetic material there, the gate will become magnetized! I ended up making my own out of stainless steel welding rod.

crap, well at least i can use them as a template if need be. Someone made a rough looking pair out of solid 12 AWG copper wire for mine now and i was trying to get it back to the original.

#11275 31 days ago

Anyone have an opinion between the ColorDMD LED vs LCD for this game? I know with the LCD you need to change the speaker bezel. Is it worth it, or is the LED the way to go?

#11276 31 days ago
Quoted from WalrusPin:

Anyone have an opinion between the ColorDMD LED vs LCD for this game? I know with the LCD you need to change the speaker bezel. Is it worth it, or is the LED the way to go?

LCD

#11277 31 days ago

Ok, what's the reason? Doesn't the LCD have a shorter shelf life, plus you need to spend an extra 100 for the bezel? I'm in wi5h whatever the consensus is, just want some background on it.

#11278 31 days ago

It's all personal preference, you'll get strong opinions either way.

I personally hate lcd unless it's a comic game like Simpson's or Spiderman vault.

#11279 31 days ago
Quoted from WalrusPin:

Ok, what's the reason? Doesn't the LCD have a shorter shelf life, plus you need to spend an extra 100 for the bezel? I'm in wi5h whatever the consensus is, just want some background on it.

Never heard of a LCD not lasting as long as the led. To me it just modernizes the game that much more than just dots.

#11280 31 days ago
Quoted from WalrusPin:

LED. End of story. I used to be an LCD guy, but have changed my mind hard-core. LED is more vibrant and looks exactly like original, just colorized. LCD takes up more room, costs more, and doesn't look as bright. Only advantage to LCD is being able to change the display font styles. Which actually is useless, because the non dot matrix style looks like shit. I currently have machines with both styles and LED is all I'll ever buy from here on out.

#11281 31 days ago
Quoted from WalrusPin:

Don't you have to change the bezel regardless? Doesn't it have the red filter for the original DMD?

#11282 31 days ago
Quoted from Bohm:

Don't you have to change the bezel regardless? Doesn't it have the red filter for the original DMD?

Looks like you are right, I misread it

#11283 30 days ago
Quoted from WalrusPin:

I'm on my 5th BSD. I've had LCD color displays in there before. But by far the LED display makes everything pop better on Dracula. Hands down!!

#11284 30 days ago
Quoted from WalrusPin:

Looks like you are right, I misread it

Yes, you do have to spend an extra hundred on the clear dmd panel for the display. But it's so worth it.

#11285 30 days ago

Is their any good source for ramp flaps?

#11286 30 days ago

Running into a GI issue with my table. Didn't know if it should be posted here, since I've isolated it to the power driver board which is used in several WPC games. If anyone has seen this, I would appreciate the advice:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stoker-sdracula-gi-issue

#11287 30 days ago
Quoted from WalrusPin:

Running into a GI issue with my table. Didn't know if it should be posted here, since I've isolated it to the power driver board which is used in several WPC games. If anyone has seen this, I would appreciate the advice:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stoker-sdracula-gi-issue

Do whatever LTG tells you to.

#11288 27 days ago

Yes, you do have to spend an extra hundred on the clear dmd panel for the display. But it's so worth it.

Uh, no. It is not required to replace the speaker panel. Just clean off the red tint. This works for BSD and all the Gottlieb system 3 games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=7GnjMFMjZBw&feature=emb_logo

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11289 26 days ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Uh, no. It is not required to replace the speaker panel. Just clean off the red tint. This works for BSD and all the Gottlieb system 3 games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=7GnjMFMjZBw&feature=emb_logo[quoted image]

Yeah, that's an option also. Personally I'm not messing around with that, and I wanted the option of putting the original red back in should I decide to sell the game. It's worth the 100 bucks to me.

#11290 26 days ago

Yeah, that's an option also. Personally I'm not messing around with that, and I wanted the option of putting the original red back in should I decide to sell the game. It's worth the 100 bucks to me.

Yeah, I'm in the same camp. Definitely want to be able to go back to the original if need be.

Has anyone done the Pinsound mod on this? Did you go the full Monty or opt for Neo or Plus standalone? I wish they had a package with just the controller and speakers. The external module and shaker seem unnecessary.

#11291 26 days ago

So easy to do.

Whenever I sell my game, the ColorDMD will go with it installed.

#11292 26 days ago

Is there anyone else who sells the clear speaker cover besides Classic Arcades here in the States? I've been burned by them once, and don't want to repeat the mistake.

#11293 26 days ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=7GnjMFMjZBw&feature=emb_logo[quoted image]

Oh ho! Interesting! Might be ColorDMD swap or a Pin2DMD in my BSD's future.

#11294 26 days ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Is there anyone else who sells the clear speaker cover besides Classic Arcades here in the States? I've been burned by them once, and don't want to repeat the mistake.

I did just get one from them and it looks to be accurate. Came in 2 days too

#11295 26 days ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Oh ho! Interesting! Might be ColorDMD swap or a Pin2DMD in my BSD's future.

I was thinking about buying pin2dmd but the details in colordmd's colorization made me change my mind

#11296 26 days ago
Quoted from Leonardogit:

I was thinking about buying pin2dmd but the details in colordmd's colorization made me change my mind

Yeah, I took one look at what it involves to do Pin2DMD, but you still have to pay for the content to the artist. You'll 'save' about $200, but once you muck around with all of the crap to get it working it's a wash. If you put any value on your time just get the commercial solution.

#11297 26 days ago
Quoted from WalrusPin:

Yeah, I took one look at what it involves to do Pin2DMD, but you still have to pay for the content to the artist. You'll 'save' about $200, but once you muck around with all of the crap to get it working it's a wash. If you put any value on your time just get the commercial solution.

I bought my Hook pin2dmd from RetroCity and it was a no fuss easy install. Took 10 mins at the most. I plan on buying from them again.

#11298 26 days ago
Quoted from RGarriott:

I bought my Hook pin2dmd from RetroCity and it was a no fuss easy install. Took 10 mins at the most. I plan on buying from them again.

that included loading the software?

#11300 26 days ago
Quoted from WalrusPin:

I did just get one from them and it looks to be accurate. Came in 2 days too

Just an FYI, If you return anything due to bad colors, you will get banned from buying again from the site. There are a few pinside threads about Classic Arcades.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Olive Branch, MS
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Hudsonville, MI
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hudsonville, MI
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,389 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 228.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.