to use 2 (resized).jpg
to use 3 (resized).jpg
to use 4 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240225_155433778 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240225_154712067 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240225_154748361 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240225_154803164 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,062 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 222.
#9901 1 year ago
Quoted from roffels:

I got an Indy 500 for an extremely good price a couple years back, and used it for trade bait for Dracula. No regrets.

If anyone has an Indy 500 and wants to trade it for BSD, I'd take that trade. My young daughter is scared of Drac, so I can only play it when she isn't home.

#9902 1 year ago
Quoted from amphicar4fun:

I already removed and reset all cabling at the MPU, yhe issue does not look to be there. Another strange think that make me believe that the issue is somewhere under the PF, is that sometimes when the issue is happening, when I basculate the PF up, even though the magnet is not touching the left switch, it starts registering like crazy. I already checked both switches, adjusted, measured both diodes, but I'll install 2 new diodes on the switches just in case. Any other thoughts? Thanks.

Do you have an update? This makes it sound like a bad switch

#9903 1 year ago

Hi, I'm looking to sell my original Cherry DMD since I replaced it with the Color DMD, but I'm not sure exactly what the DMD model I have is and where to find it. The most obvious # seems like 4356 D-D but does that seem right? Many thanks! G

IMG_6399 (resized).jpegIMG_6399 (resized).jpegIMG_6538 (resized).jpegIMG_6538 (resized).jpeg
#9904 1 year ago

I noticed my village was damaged or someone made an ill-advised modification at some point so I bought the one that's been sitting on eBay forever. I didn't realize it was all 3 pieces. When I got them I asked my wife to dress them up in the interest of 1. making the game look better, and 2. getting her more involved with it (I'll post pics when she's finished). I'm going to do some upgrades and was thinking about doing them in the following order:

1.Precision flippers (regular length so she won't hate it anymore)

2.Flipper fidelity speakers (compatible with pinsound ?)

3.Color DMD and (LED speaker panel?)

4. Graveyard lighting effect of some sort.

Also plan on doing a Titan silicone ring kit while I swap out the playfield pieces.

Any critiques or suggestions? I'm not married to any of these ideas but I do think these will make a difference. I do things one at a time as I get paid so I don't go too crazy, it's too easy to spend money on this stuff. So I limit myself to one project per pay period or so.

#9905 1 year ago

IDE just use Std flippers for starters. I’m not a fan of colour DMD on BSD for reasons already discussed on previous posts-but each to their own, get the missus to use UV paints and get UV lighting when you get the titans. Check out KJS gothic edition for ultimate creepiness

#9906 1 year ago

Trying something new! Shake it up a bit.

30FFD7A0-6631-410B-9478-25E61F955701 (resized).jpeg30FFD7A0-6631-410B-9478-25E61F955701 (resized).jpegF1CC3AED-9EC1-4D22-BBA3-4A47A86CD54D (resized).jpegF1CC3AED-9EC1-4D22-BBA3-4A47A86CD54D (resized).jpeg
#9907 1 year ago

Cool translight, where's that from?

#9908 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Trying something new! Shake it up a bit.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I might now be sold on the colour DMD, suits really well, that translite is awesome

#9909 1 year ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Cool translight, where's that from?

Thanks! I had it made. GameOnGrafix. Very easy, just choose “your design” on the website, then “pinball translite.” Enter the height and width of the translite you are replacing, and upload a JPEG image of your choice. About $50. Nice thick material. I’ve had him make me 6 or 8 alternates for pins. GB, LOTR, TOTAN, Halloween. Fun to change it up.

#9910 1 year ago

So I bought a clear speaker panel on Ebay from ClassicArcade and received this....Is that normal that the speaker holes are much bigger than originals?

3.3/4" on my original and 4.5" on the new one.
P1070106 (resized).JPGP1070106 (resized).JPG

#9911 1 year ago

Just wanted to say that I love this game!

#9912 1 year ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

So I bought a clear speaker panel on Ebay from ClassicArcade and received this....Is that normal that the speaker holes are much bigger than originals?
3.3/4" on my original and 4.5" on the new one.
[quoted image]

No, that's not cut properly. I'd contact them asap. Here's a picture of mine. Holes are 3-3/4". Also from classic arcades on Ebay. I'm very happy with mine.

16760912423263065577678533926311 (resized).jpg16760912423263065577678533926311 (resized).jpg

#9913 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

No, that's not cut properly. I'd contact them asap. Here's a picture of mine. Holes are 3-3/4". Also from classic arcades on Ebay. I'm very happy with mine.

Yep, I've contacted them on ebay 2 days ago and still silent.

#9914 1 year ago

I’ve been lurking in here for a bit. Going to go play a BSD this weekend and then get serious about finding one for my collection if all goes well. Just wanted to also say from what I’ve seen the color dmd looks awesome for this title.

#9915 1 year ago

New coffin / crate mod and tombstone locklight mod comming soon....

IMG_2318 (resized).jpgIMG_2318 (resized).jpg

IMG_2320 (resized).jpgIMG_2320 (resized).jpg

IMG_2321 (resized).jpgIMG_2321 (resized).jpg

IMG_2322 (resized).jpgIMG_2322 (resized).jpg

IMG_2323 (resized).jpgIMG_2323 (resized).jpg

#9916 1 year ago
Quoted from RudeDogg1:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Beautiful work! Count me in.

#9917 1 year ago
Quoted from PBlank:

I’ve been lurking in here for a bit. Going to go play a BSD this weekend and then get serious about finding one for my collection if all goes well. Just wanted to also say from what I’ve seen the color dmd looks awesome for this title.

BSD is a fantastic pin! I personally really like the color DMD on BSD. The animations and video mode are more well-defined imho. But many people like the look of the deep red dots you get with the original DMD and red cover. Plus, it’s like $600 total now for a DMD and the $100 clear cover you need. Either way BSD is an awesome early 90’s game. Hope you find one!

#9918 1 year ago
Quoted from RudeDogg1:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thank God!

I think we are speaking via Facebook.. but please please PLEASE add me to the list!

#9919 1 year ago

Add me to the list too please. Looks awesome!!

#9920 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Thank God!
I think we are speaking via Facebook.. but please please PLEASE add me to the list!

Yeah you have

#9921 1 year ago

Add me too please

#9922 1 year ago
Quoted from RudeDogg1:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I need this for my new BSD!

#9923 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Add me to the list too please. Looks awesome!!

There is no list they will be for sale in a couple weeks. Think I will be doing them in waves of 3-4 cuz they take so long to cast and paint. But they won’t be limited I’ll keep going until no one wants them or I get fed up of making them

#9924 1 year ago
Quoted from RudeDogg1:

There is no list they will be for sale in a couple weeks. Think I will be doing them in waves of 3-4 cuz they take so long to cast and paint. But they won’t be limited I’ll keep going until no one wants them or I get fed up of making them

Add me to the list please.

#9926 1 year ago

Medysinal please add me to your list and get on it!

#9927 1 year ago
Quoted from RudeDogg1:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Count me in.

#9928 1 year ago

Yup looks great! Any prices yet or did I miss it on the count I'm lazy and don't want to search for it

#9929 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Yup looks great! Any prices yet or did I miss it on the count I'm lazy and don't want to search for it

Quoted from RudeDogg1:

#9930 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I do have pricing but won’t be putting it up until they are actually for sale and I do a proper ad

#9931 1 year ago

I presume that its safe to put in shaker systems in BSD? it doesn't affect magnet/mist function etc or anything else?

Thanks,

#9932 1 year ago
Quoted from Cariba:

I presume that its safe to put in shaker systems in BSD? it doesn't affect magnet/mist function etc or anything else?
Thanks,

Yes.

#9933 1 year ago

Shaker motors bug the crap out of me. One more thing to mess me up while trying to have a good game. I might as well have someone there to poke me in the ribs with a stick, too.

#9934 1 year ago

I bought a STTNG last year and removed the shaker motor immediately, I despise all mods.

#9935 1 year ago
Quoted from Engine09:

I bought a STTNG last year and removed the shaker motor immediately, I despise all mods.

“I despise all mods”

You sound like a fun guy, I suppose you hate LEDs too and only run incandescents in your games as well.

#9936 1 year ago

Yeah, lots of fun, my house is full of pinball machines.

Just a purist. It's hard enough keeping these pins running properly without fixing all the issues that mods cause and not to mention the money spent. I'd rather spend that money on replacing ramps, cracked plastic or maybe even a playfield. Yep, any LEDs I find go straight in the garbage, color LEDs get thrown with much more enthusiasm.

#9937 1 year ago

If the mist ball system is loud, is that usually a sign that the gears need to be cleaned/lubed or gearbox needs replacement? or motor actually needs replacement or both?

Thanks,

#9938 1 year ago
Quoted from Engine09:

Yeah, lots of fun, my house is full of pinball machines.
Just a purist. It's hard enough keeping these pins running properly without fixing all the issues that mods cause and not to mention the money spent. I'd rather spend that money on replacing ramps, cracked plastic or maybe even a playfield. Yep, any LEDs I find go straight in the garbage, color LEDs get thrown with much more enthusiasm.

Just to play devils advocate a bit, incandescent bulbs burn out with some degree of regularity and need to be replaced. Heat buildup from incandescents sometimes causes damage that needs repairs. Warped plastics, damaged boards and connectors. LEDs do have their benefits when done tastefully. I agree that colored LEDs in the GI are a huge no no.

#9939 1 year ago

Yeah, heat can be an issue, that's why I left the LEDs inside my Twilight Zone clock. I just don't like they way they look, how some of them flicker or strobe. Stock as they left the factory, that's ideal and the most beautiful in my opinion.

Color LEDs are incredibly disgusting, a travesty of it's own.

#9940 1 year ago
Quoted from Cariba:

If the mist ball system is loud, is that usually a sign that the gears need to be cleaned/lubed or gearbox needs replacement?

Mist motor and gearbox are typically noisy. Not easily serviced though, so if new motor and gearbox are available, not a bad idea to have a spare.

#9941 1 year ago

Ok, thanks for the input.

One more question, I notice some playfields have purple inserts for the PF multi ball light indicators, and some (OG?) have orange...or are they simply adding purple LEDs under the orange inserts ? (but I dont think so cause I seen some pics that the insert color looks orange).

Am I right in this distinction? if so how are some purple? from newly/recently released PF?

#9942 1 year ago
Quoted from Engine09:

Yeah, heat can be an issue, that's why I left the LEDs inside my Twilight Zone clock. I just don't like they way they look, how some of them flicker or strobe. Stock as they left the factory, that's ideal and the most beautiful in my opinion.
Color LEDs are incredibly disgusting, a travesty of it's own.

I agree color LEDs are ugly, but I like to see what I’m shooting for… and BSD is an extremely dark game stock. High quality purple ultra brite hue LEDs ($4.95) per bulb have given me the perfect balance IMO for visibility and not completely washing out the playfield.
030C90A5-4230-4AC0-A9C1-62C39A59D1F7 (resized).jpeg030C90A5-4230-4AC0-A9C1-62C39A59D1F7 (resized).jpeg36F8021E-98B4-407D-BFF6-D54A5719306A (resized).jpeg36F8021E-98B4-407D-BFF6-D54A5719306A (resized).jpegFF98E8F8-3EA4-427F-BB21-95E8148E4723 (resized).jpegFF98E8F8-3EA4-427F-BB21-95E8148E4723 (resized).jpeg

#9943 1 year ago

I'll stick with my all-incandescent BSD! My lights are on a dimmer so I find the sweet spot between visibility and spooky.

#9944 1 year ago

I switched back to incandescent for the GI on my BSD.

1597F58D-E329-4B2D-9244-9923483A6FAF (resized).jpeg1597F58D-E329-4B2D-9244-9923483A6FAF (resized).jpeg
#9945 1 year ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

I switched back to incandescent for the GI on my BSD.[quoted image]

That looks nice. Hard to justify the cost of the LEDOCD board for GI just to force the LEDs to look and act like incandescents.

I mean, in home use the game is likely not powered up all day every day, so the worries about heat and electrical stress are minimized.

#9946 1 year ago

my BSD has some incandescents and some LEDs, which is the way I got it and I always thought it looked pretty good so I never changed it. It has some weird bluish incandescents in the slings and lower GI which look really good, but I‘m not sure if I can replace them (I should probably look for some spares).

In general, though, I think LEDs are pretty awesome, especially in inserts and backboxes - especially for real backboxes for which I figure heat damage could be an issue. My experience has not been, however, that LEDs are more reliable than incandescents - I‘ve had a lot of LEDs which failed - which is irritating as they‘re not cheap. I‘ve found, though, that new incandescents are of poorer quality and not as bright as the old ones - which I would not have if I hadn‘t swapped them out for LEDs.

#9947 1 year ago

Across my entire collection, I run my games almost exclusively on incandescents. I like the way they look, are cheaper, and given how little "powered on" time my games receive in the home, I hardly ever replace any bulbs. Lightshows look better, and the surrounding artwork looks better since the color rendering index of an incandescent bulb is 100, whereas most LEDs are >80--so even with an OCD board, you're still not getting as good of a color reproduction from artwork.

#9948 1 year ago

LEDs can totally screw a game up depending on what you choose. It takes real experimentation to keep them from over powering and washing out the game. Using warm LED's for GI can look yellow as in my AFM. It sucks because its an expensive and kind of timely mistake. It depends on where you get them, how bright and so on. My current project of reshopping my RFM is a PITA with mixture of LEDs and bulbs because of the way the game does dimming. "Tinkering" is part of what maksthe hobby fun I guess.

#9949 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

I agree color LEDs are ugly, but I like to see what I’m shooting for… and BSD is an extremely dark game stock. High quality purple ultra brite hue LEDs ($4.95) per bulb have given me the perfect balance IMO for visibility and not completely washing out the playfield.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pricey but it's a nice effect, where did you get them?

I can appreciate incandescents and actually prefer them for some older games, but LED's are hard to beat for more modern titles, in my opinion.

#9950 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohm:

I noticed my village was damaged or someone made an ill-advised modification at some point so I bought the one that's been sitting on eBay forever. I didn't realize it was all 3 pieces. When I got them I asked my wife to dress them up in the interest of 1. making the game look better, and 2. getting her more involved with it (I'll post pics when she's finished). I'm going to do some upgrades and was thinking about doing them in the following order:
1.Precision flippers (regular length so she won't hate it anymore)
2.Flipper fidelity speakers (compatible with pinsound ?)
3.Color DMD and (LED speaker panel?)
4. Graveyard lighting effect of some sort.
Also plan on doing a Titan silicone ring kit while I swap out the playfield pieces.
Any critiques or suggestions? I'm not married to any of these ideas but I do think these will make a difference. I do things one at a time as I get paid so I don't go too crazy, it's too easy to spend money on this stuff. So I limit myself to one project per pay period or so.

I was swapping out the playfield set pieces for the ones my wife painted last night, so it was a good chance to clean things up, and man this game is a super p.i.t.a. to get to anything. I basically got nowhere just trying to clean the area under the castle. I dread removing the ramps towards the rear but that area needs it the worst, not to mention a lot of the rubbers need replacing so might as well take care of that too. Worst part is I managed to lose about 3 screws that I dropped on top of the playfield and they rolled.... somewhere. I looked everywhere for them but they're just gone. It bugs the hell out of me when that happens.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 85.00
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
Machine - For Sale
Prairie Village, KS
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
There are 11,062 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 222.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/199 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.