IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 224.
#9701 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Anyone have a link on the right start switch for this game

Here is the whole assembly : https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-start-button-20-9663-1.html

LTG : )

#9702 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

My start button switch I think is busted.

That switch snaps into a white plastic holder and the switch and holder snaps hard into the switch body. Be sure it is in tight so the start button depresses the tab on the switch body.

#9703 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

What the hell is he saying when he’s screaming and you start mist multiball?

First few months I though he was saying brains, brains, BRAAAIIIIIIINNNNNSSSSSSS!!!!!!

#9704 1 year ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

First few months I though he was saying brains, brains, BRAAAIIIIIIINNNNNSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Lol… I thought he was saying ”Vince!” But like weird af. Haha

On topic but I’m getting a lot of balls stuck to the myst ball and just spinning around on it. Normal phenomenon?

#9705 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Lol… I thought he was saying ”Vince!” But like weird af. Haha
On topic but I’m getting a lot of balls stuck to the myst ball and just spinning around on it. Normal phenomenon?

I believe your balls got magnetized, time to change them out.

#9706 1 year ago

I’ve noticed that if you barely touch the mist ball, the balls will stay together until it gets to one of the sides.

Still check to make sure your balls are not magnetized. Take them out, and touch a piece of steel to each ball. You will feel the pull.

#9707 1 year ago
Quoted from Billc479:

I’ve noticed that if you barely touch the mist ball, the balls will stay together until it gets to one of the sides.
Still check to make sure your balls are not magnetized. Take them out, and touch a piece of steel to each ball. You will feel the pull.

That’s part of the fun of mist. If you don’t hit it solid, you can have your ball captured like Galaga. Then it should fall off when they reach the other side. It’s a bummer to miss the mist ball. I was able to stack all 3 and keep them going last night. Hit 3 billion, which isn’t easy for me. My best is 4B.

#9708 1 year ago

I had a weird thing happen today with my BSD insert lights. I lost most, but not all, my playfield insert lights. I checked the fuse list, and 5v power is protected by a fuse at J113. I popped the fuse out, and saw even more lights go out. So, I popped it back in, and they all came back. Weird. So if it wasn’t the fuse, then what caused the insert lights to all go off, then come back by reseating the fuse? A loose wire or connection somewhere?

#9709 1 year ago

Rebuilding my BSD and put in a post and rubber to secure the end of the plastic over the right bumper. when I tore it down for rebuilding, there was nothing there...the plastic just hung out in space under the coffin.
Does your machine have a post there?

20221224_213947 (resized).jpg20221224_213947 (resized).jpg
#9710 1 year ago
Quoted from Zee:

Rebuilding my BSD and put in a post and rubber to secure the end of the plastic over the right bumper. when I tore it down for rebuilding, there was nothing there...the plastic just hung out in space under the coffin.
Does your machine have a post there?
[quoted image]

There is a small plastic that goes there. It is part of the complete BSD set and is tough to find as a single piece. See the photos below for the plastic installed in a BSD. The URL below contains a previous ad looking for this plastic.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-small-plastic-on-left-side-of-bsd-coffin-ramp

Gord

BSD_Small_Plastic (resized).jpgBSD_Small_Plastic (resized).jpg
BSD_Small_Plastic2 (resized).jpgBSD_Small_Plastic2 (resized).jpg

#9711 1 year ago

Does this game need pinsound or no?

#9712 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

There is a small plastic that goes there. It is part of the complete BSD set and is tough to find as a single piece. See the photos below for the plastic installed in a BSD. The URL below contains a previous ad looking for this plastic.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-small-plastic-on-left-side-of-bsd-coffin-ramp
Gord
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Excellent, thanks so much. This game was a basket case when I got it and there was nothing there.

I do have the complete plastics set and will find that piece. Incidentally the new plastics are brittle compared to the originals and I have no confidence they will last.

#9713 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Does this game need pinsound or no?

The original sound is actually not bad on this pin, imho. But so many people raved about the custom movie remixes available on Pinsound, I eventually went for it earlier this year. Very glad I did. The sound itself is much better, and there are at least 2 very popular mixes you can choose from, along with the stock sound, which you can go back to anytime. Very easy install too, for anyone who hasn’t done it. If you love BSD the pin, or especially if you are a fan of the movie too, it’s well worth it to bring depth and intensity to this game. It’s awesome.

#9714 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

The original sound is actually not bad on this pin, imho. But so many people raved about the custom movie remixes available on Pinsound, I eventually went for it earlier this year. Very glad I did. The sound itself is much better, and there are at least 2 very popular mixes you can choose from, along with the stock sound, which you can go back to anytime. Very easy install too, for anyone who hasn’t done it. If you love BSD the pin, or especially if you are a fan of the movie too, it’s well worth it to bring depth and intensity to this game. It’s awesome.

I started working on another option… going for a more Horror / epic feel… I will update once I’m at a more polished state.

#9715 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Hey what’s up pinkitten! Thanks for all the Tron buying advice before btw, good to see you here! Yea I just got my 1st BSD this month. Love it! The stock sound isn’t bad but everyone raves about pinsound on this. Might have to do it!

#9716 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

I started working on another option… going for a more Horror / epic feel… I will update once I’m at a more polished state.

Pretty cool man.

#9717 1 year ago

I really need a white wolf (with led eyes preferably) Most are sold out. Anyone have any links?

Also, that castle piece over the left ramp I saw a while ago is pretty sweet. Is that still avail? Seems most mods for this aren’t avail anymore. Thx.
4217413F-C992-47F8-A050-57D64A9DF886 (resized).jpeg4217413F-C992-47F8-A050-57D64A9DF886 (resized).jpegCB63292D-AB61-44AB-9594-2170688DFBF0 (resized).pngCB63292D-AB61-44AB-9594-2170688DFBF0 (resized).png

#9718 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:Does this game need pinsound or no?

Hell yeah!

#9719 1 year ago

What’s a good score? Been playing a couple days, just threw down 2.6 billion. GC on game is 5 bil so still have a ways to go…

#9720 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

What’s a good score? Been playing a couple days, just threw down 2.6 billion. GC on game is 5 bil so still have a ways to go…

Wish I could get that. Lol

My PB is 420 million.

#9721 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

You got that game set up too easy or you are just a true pinball Wizard.

#9722 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

It was a good game for sure and well above my average but I’m also a beast. I had 30 mil stack this game and had a huge super jackpot I kept whacking. 3 ball game (I think I got 1 or 2 max extra balls), lightning flippers. Haven’t changed settings since I acquired game from previous user. Haven’t even ran through the menu. I will check though. Any settings I should specifically look out for that might make things too easy? Game is hard for sure and a real ballbreaker.

I come primarily from Shadow, Alien, Houdini etc. so I’m used to the real brutal stuff.

#9723 1 year ago

I didn’t realize the video mode had a “hard” setting, which is so much more fun! You have to be on your toes and careful to finish with extra bullets. Still a great way to earn an extra ball after round II.

#9724 1 year ago

A question to all......since you've had your BSD....how many offers have you received?
I myself have had 3 offers with a $ amount mentioned and I've had about 2 or 3 "if you ever decide to sell it, let me know."

#9725 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Most games I have on BSD are 300-400m. But if you can start all 3 multiballs and keep them going for a minute or two, those 30 million jackpots add up quick. Whenever I get all 3 multiballs, I’m usually able to crack 2B, occasionally 3B. Only reached 4 once. Pinsound is awesome during the triple jackpot mode. Very intense!

#9726 1 year ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

A question to all......since you've had your BSD....how many offers have you received?
I myself have had 3 offers with a $ amount mentioned and I've had about 2 pr 3 "if you ever decide to sell it, let me know."

I think BSDs move around alot. They are usually in demand. They made about 6,800 of them, which is a pretty robust run. So they aren’t rare, but people seem to want them once they play them and get hooked. Once bitten, you need blood!

#9727 1 year ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

I myself have had 3 offers with a $ amount mentioned and I've had about 2 or 3 "if you ever decide to sell it, let me know."

I had two offers come in right after I made my BSD deal. The game wasn't even in my hands and people were offering me what I just paid + a couple hundred $ extra.

Coulda made a quick no touch flip profit. But didn't. No regrets.

#9728 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I had two offers come in right after I made my BSD deal. The game wasn't even in my hands and people were offering me what I just paid + a couple hundred $ extra.
Coulda made a quick no touch flip profit. But didn't. No regrets.

I got lucky when I found mine… almost 12 years ago for $1600 (alot at the time believe or not) ZERO FADE or wear on the playfield with a full goodie bag still in the cabinet. I’ve dumped a ton of $ into it since (Pinsound, invisiglass, CPR mirrored backglass and alt speaker panel.. spotlights, Ultra brite LEDs.. mods and still haven’t spent where these things sell for nowadays… it has true staying power.. but by itself it can be a bitch of a game to play.. I have mine all pitched to the exteme, no front feet on any of my games and the back legs extended out and sitting on top of 1 inch sliders. They play as fast as brand new Sterns.. You really have to work to have a “good game”

D3A3D4F8-8829-421B-A902-2E97036DB4A8 (resized).jpegD3A3D4F8-8829-421B-A902-2E97036DB4A8 (resized).jpegEA45D57C-E030-497D-8650-2E0DB0FED814 (resized).jpegEA45D57C-E030-497D-8650-2E0DB0FED814 (resized).jpeg71F69B98-B378-4DD4-9D99-81CCB894FB99 (resized).jpeg71F69B98-B378-4DD4-9D99-81CCB894FB99 (resized).jpegE889D9E8-38AE-40CF-BEC9-9390072FF225 (resized).pngE889D9E8-38AE-40CF-BEC9-9390072FF225 (resized).png6F8F5E86-9DA4-4A35-A56B-9FA15DF3A431 (resized).jpeg6F8F5E86-9DA4-4A35-A56B-9FA15DF3A431 (resized).jpeg
#9729 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

I got lucky when I found mine… almost 12 years ago for $1600 (alot at the time believe or not) ZERO FADE or wear on the playfield with a full goodie bag still in the cabinet. I’ve dumped a ton of $ into it since (Pinsound, invisiglasa, CPR mirrored backglass and alt speaker panel.. spotlights, Ultra brite LEDs.. mods and still haven’t spent where these things sell for nowadays… it has true staying power.. but by itself it can be a bitch of a game to play.. I have mine all pitched like PAPA.. no front feet on any of my games and the back legs extended out and sitting on top of 1 inch sliders. They play as fast as brand new Sterns.. You really have to work to have a “good game”[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What does your pitch measure ?

#9730 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

What does your pitch measure ?

I’ll take a picture of the bobble and post it up for you.

#9731 1 year ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

I have a standing $15,000 offer on my fully restored chromed BSD. It’s a local guy who has played it.

No interest in selling.

#9732 1 year ago

Game is brutal for sure. My best tonight was 500 mil. Not sure what’s worse, outlanes or the center drains. Most infuriating thing is losing mist (or any multiball) right away. Happened a lot tonight.

#9733 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I have a standing $15,000 offer on my fully restored chromed BSD. It’s a local guy who has played it.
No interest in selling.

Same here for my restored, brassed TOTAN, but that was over a year ago. I wouldn’t sell a restored, chromed BSD or my brass TOTAN for $15k. Money is important, but I want to be buried with these pins.

#9734 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

I have mine all pitched to the exteme, no front feet on any of my games and the back legs extended out and sitting on top of 1 inch sliders.

Nice lighting effects on BSD. I have also had issues with getting enough pitch on some pins, until I found 4 inch leg leveler bolts. Standard is 3 inch. They aren’t always in stock, but when they are, I buy several sets. All my rear legs have 4” levelers and carpet sliders that add another half inch and make moving easier. Before that, I had to use homemade risers on some pins.

#9735 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

No interest in selling.

If someone offered 15K for mine, I'm sorry, would have to sell. It's just pinball!!

#9736 1 year ago
Quoted from poppapin:

If someone offered 15K for mine, I'm sorry, would have to sell. It's just pinball!!

I love my BSD. Tons of time and money in it. New playfield, color matched LEDs, CPR mirrored backglass, new plastics, pinsound board, Rad Cals, upgraded speakers, custom topper, beautiful Carlton purple powder coat, etc, etc, etc.... But yeah, 15k offer? It's gone in a heartbeat. Lol.

20211215_181907 (resized).jpg20211215_181907 (resized).jpg20220118_195511 (resized).jpg20220118_195511 (resized).jpg20220320_213238 (resized).jpg20220320_213238 (resized).jpg20220324_233313 (resized).jpg20220324_233313 (resized).jpg
#9737 1 year ago

Can anyone take a picture of their slider assembly in the cabinet for me? It would be greatly appreciated.

#9738 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Can anyone take a picture of their slider assembly in the cabinet for me? It would be greatly appreciated.

Years ago I posted this series of photos about the pivot latch & slider, maybe it has what you are looking for:

https://www.videoengine.com/pins/tz/tzpix/pix12.htm

#9739 1 year ago
Quoted from Zee:

Years ago I posted this series of photos about the pivot latch & slider, maybe it has what you are looking for:
https://www.videoengine.com/pins/tz/tzpix/pix12.htm

That is exactly what I need. Thank you so much!

#9740 1 year ago
Quoted from Zee:

I've referred people to your link many times.

Huge thank you for doing it and keeping it online.

#9741 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I've referred people to your link many times.
Huge thank you for doing it and keeping it online.

Hey Lloyd, thank YOU for all you do for the community. You lead by example and we should all try to be as helpful as you.

Looking at that page again, it REALLY needs a facelift after 20 years! Maybe I'll find time for that before New Years.

-Zee

#9742 1 year ago

Hello guys,

Today my BSD started an issue with the mist. Switches 81, 82 and 83 are now always closed. 81 and 83 are physical switches, and even disconnecting the connectors to the switches the machine still sees both closed. The opto (82) should open when I cut the beam, but does nothing. The green grey wire that goes to the 3 switches works ok on other switches on the game.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jacques

#9743 1 year ago

How do you prevent the castle lock releasing 2 balls every time there is a ball already locked in there? Mine does it every time

#9744 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

How do you prevent the castle lock releasing 2 balls every time there is a ball already locked in there? Mine does it every time

Clean or rebuild the solenoid… sometimes just re - sleeving will help.. Tends to get a little sticky and that small delay will allow both balls to release.

#9745 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Clean or rebuild the solenoid… sometimes just re - sleeving will help.. Tends to get a little sticky and that small delay will allow both balls to release.

Okay will try this thanks

#9746 1 year ago
Quoted from amphicar4fun:

Hello guys,
Today my BSD started an issue with the mist. Switches 81, 82 and 83 are now always closed. 81 and 83 are physical switches, and even disconnecting the connectors to the switches the machine still sees both closed. The opto (82) should open when I cut the beam, but does nothing. The green grey wire that goes to the 3 switches works ok on other switches on the game.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Jacques

Machine off, lift the playfield and disconnect J3 on the 24-opto board. The board is located mid playfield by the mist rail.

Now recheck those switches and report back

#9747 1 year ago

Thank you for the tip. After I disconected the 24 opto board, switches 81 and 82 are registering. Apparently I have something wrong with the opto. I already changed one electrolitic capacitor of it in the past, it smoked bad. After replacing the capacitor it was working ok. Any tips on what to check on the opto? Thank you.

#9748 1 year ago
Quoted from amphicar4fun:

Thank you for the tip. After I disconected the 24 opto board, switches 81 and 82 are registering. Apparently I have something wrong with the opto. I already changed one electrolitic capacitor of it in the past, it smoked bad. After replacing the capacitor it was working ok. Any tips on what to check on the opto? Thank you.

That board is $90 on Marco so definitely worth trying to fix it if you have the skills

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-15646-1

#9750 1 year ago

Looking for a playfield slider assembly for the right side of the playfield/cabinet. If anyone has a lead on one or know where I can buy one could you let me know? Thanks

image_21010_1_600x600@2x.jpg[email protected]
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 224.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/195?hl=moomert1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.