P1000806 (resized).JPG
to use (resized).jpg
to use 2 (resized).jpg
to use 3 (resized).jpg
to use 4 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240225_155433778 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240225_154712067 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,097 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 222.
#9601 1 year ago
Quoted from roffels:

Had people tell me I'd get bored with it because it's not deep, but man, I love how quick and difficult this one is.

That's exactly what makes it great. It's not a mode fest, nor does it need to be. Quick, difficult games have staying power because the challenge helps the replay value.

I keep a rotation of 8-10 games and it's been here 8+ years.

#9602 1 year ago

I honestly get more bored with games that have modes. They’re all the same: start a mode, play the mode, rinse and repeat.

Dracula is so strategic and dynamic depending on how you want to approach the game and how well your shots happen to be dialed in.

Give me a short and brutal game over a long playing mode-fest any day.

#9603 1 year ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Give me a short and brutal game over a long playing mode-fest any day.

I love the 90’s era for that reason, if you have a good game you can reasonably expect to reach the end. And, with games like BSD and Fish Tales, it’s not about reaching a wizard mode and you’re done, it’s more about stacking all the right pieces to put up huge scores. Getting all 3 multiballs for 30 million shots, while also trying to stab Drac by shooting his coffin scoop, while trying to shoot the castle jackpot is awesome chaos. On Fish Tales, getting all 3 “masters” awards for tropical, fresh water and deep sea and then shooting the captive ball for the super jackpot isn’t easy. I keep coming back to BSD and FT, and I need the right mood for LOTR, etc.

#9604 1 year ago

To summarize the routine Bram Stokers Dracula gameplay experience for the uninitiated.

F this game
F this game
F this game
F this game
F this game
F this game
F this game
F this game
F this game
F this game
F this game
F this game
F this game
F this game
F this game
F this game
F this game
F this game
F this game
F this game
Music intensifies…. THIRTY MIIIIILLLLLLIIIIIOOOOOONNNN

OMG I love this game

#9605 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I had been dealing with an issue for about 6 months or more of randomly firing optos/switches. I had a tech look at it and posted the prob here. Over in the TZ thread, someone mentioned their auto plunge coil would randomly fire in attract mode, which my BSD was doing. I assumed it was a board issue, and I tried swapping nearly all the boards in the backbox to no avail. In the TZ thread they suggested an opto board might be the problem. I finally looked at mine on BSD under the pf, and found this…
Replaced it with a new opto board today from Pinball Life and all issues resolved!
[quoted image]

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Good to know! I think I've heard a coil randomly firing occasionally in attract mode on mine.

Quoted from aobrien5:

These are good posts to tag as key posts.

Done!

#9606 1 year ago
Quoted from Luckdragon100:

Hey there, Acula Doctors...
The time has finally come for me to have a dreaded MIST issue haha. Basically, the ball loads, then immediately falls off the magnet. I get "Check Switch 81 - Magnet Left" and "Check Switch 83 - Magnet Right" errors when I boot up.
I did the Magnet Test and recorded it here. Looks like 2 "Power Errors" -- one on each side:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2k9ihj2tq3iigst/IMG_5301%202.MOV?dl=0
I've been reading all the old posts to get a handle on it but if anyone has any insights, it'd be greatly appreciated!
Many thanks,
G

Just a little update on this MIST journey...

Pinball guardian angel sulli10 really came to my rescue and helped walk me through it.

First, we tested the optos were working, by blocking them with my hand. The switch activated, so we knew the optos were working.

Next, we tried testing the magnet by placing the ball on the moving magnet as it was going across the playfield in test mode. The ball dropped right away, so it seemed like the magnet wasn't getting power. Next we checked the fuses at the power driver board. There was some corrosion on F103 and F102. I switched them both out. Both had continuity. MIST still not working.

Next, we unplugged J107 and J103 and replugged, then did the same with A -16697-1, J1 & J2.

Taking a closer look at the magnet wire, I put some electrical tape on some exposed areas and noticed a loose black wire that was meant to go in the white connector pictured. That was the culprit. I tried jamming it in as a temporary solution and that fixed MIST!

The black wire is still getting some resistance and comes out if I don't wrap it with electrical tape. That seems to be holding for now but it sounds like I'll have to re pin / replace the connector. So that'll be the next challenge!

Thanks again Sully for all the amazing help! G

IMG_5344.jpegIMG_5344.jpegconnector2.jpgconnector2.jpgconnectorafter.jpgconnectorafter.jpgcorrosion.jpegcorrosion.jpegoldfuse1.jpegoldfuse1.jpeg
#9607 1 year ago

Pinball guardian angel sulli10 really came to my rescue and helped walk me through it.
First, we tested the optos were working, by blocking them with my hand. The switch activated, so we knew the optos were working.
Next, we tried testing the magnet by placing the ball on the moving magnet as it was going across the playfield in test mode. The ball dropped right away, so it seemed like the magnet wasn't getting power. Next we checked the fuses at the power driver board. There was some corrosion on F103 and F102. I switched them both out. Both had continuity. MIST still not working.
Next, we unplugged J107 and J103 and replugged, then did the same with A -16697-1, J1 & J2.
Taking a closer look at the magnet wire, I put some electrical tape on some exposed areas and noticed a loose black wire that was meant to go in the white connector pictured. That was the culprit. I tried jamming it in as a temporary solution and that fixed MIST!
The black wire is still getting some resistance and comes out if I don't wrap it with electrical tape. That seems to be holding for now but it sounds like I'll have to re pin / replace the connector. So that'll be the next challenge!
Thanks again Sully for all the amazing help! G[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You're going to have to re-do that connector. You will need a pin removal tool, new pins, a crimper and wire strippers. All great tools to have!

#9608 1 year ago

Thanks again Sully for all the amazing help! G[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for sharing. I have a similar issue and will need to dive into it soon.

#9609 1 year ago
Quoted from Zee:

You're going to have to re-do that connector. You will need a pin removal tool, new pins, a crimper and wire strippers. All great tools to have!

Yep, looks like it! Do you know what the kind of connector is called? I'm just searching around for some tutorials etc.

Thx. G

#9610 1 year ago

Yep, looks like it! Do you know what the kind of connector is called? I'm just searching around for some tutorials etc.
Thx. G

Molex type. Hundreds of variations/configurations, but the pinball supply places sell the right kind of pins, housings, and crimp tools. Best to call one and talk to a real person about that particular connector.

#9611 1 year ago

Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Thanks for sharing. I have a similar issue and will need to dive into it soon.

Must be a common issue. My BSD had some work done at that very same connector when I took possession of it. I redid both sides of the junction when I did a playfield swap. BUT, someone had obviously had issues there before me.

#9612 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Must be a common issue. My BSD had some work done at that very same connector when I took possession of it. I redid both sides of the junction when I did a playfield swap. BUT, someone had obviously had issues there before me.

Anything exposed to a lot of movement is like that. All you can do is make sure the connector is not allowed to move. Let the coiled part of the cable do all the moving and make sure the ends (where the cable straightens out) are clamped well so that the movement ends there.

#9613 1 year ago
Quoted from KJS:

I'm on my third, hopefully for good now!
First one was an original restored by others which was very nice. Second was the black and white Gothic edition I detailed earlier alot which went to a good home with my custom Stranger things and Alien last year.
I have a players one now and will be going full blown custom again over the next 3-6months with some enhancements from my last version. No playfield planking at all so keen to see where it was from...never seen one without it here.
There have been some copies in some parts of my last version so I am going to offer up custom parts as I go for others this time as well if there is interest for any or all of the parts and mods I do.
I love the game play alot, can be so brutal but so rewarding as well. Great video mode set to hard, flow and the epic pinsound mix by hazzard which is a great base for any custom tweaks. In my all time top 10 games for sure. And I miss my green mist interactive smoke machine!
Here is my last one if you haven't seen it.

I still say that is the prettiest pin I have ever seen.

#9614 1 year ago

Thankyou....it was a beauty and hopefully next one will be a level up!

#9615 1 year ago

We already made arrangements to relocate the cemetery. Awww that’s sacrilegious isn’t it? Relax, it’s not ancient tribal burial ground, it’s just…people. Besides, we’ve done it before. When? Back in ‘76, right down there.

1BFFBEDA-E0D0-4DDA-8339-AB3402ED05E6 (resized).png1BFFBEDA-E0D0-4DDA-8339-AB3402ED05E6 (resized).png
#9616 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

We already made arrangements to relocate the cemetery. Awww that’s sacrilegious isn’t it? Relax, it’s not ancient tribal burial ground, it’s just…people. Besides, we’ve done it before. When? Back in ‘76, right down there.
[quoted image]

"You son of a bitch! You moved the cemetery, but you left the bodies, didn't you? You son of a bitch, you left the bodies and you only moved the headstones!"

CooperativeNauticalCobra-size_restricted.gifCooperativeNauticalCobra-size_restricted.gif
#9617 1 year ago

I need that damn Elisabeta switch cover!!!!

#9618 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Talk to Medisinyl. I believe he made those. Mine came with that and the extra castle walls with the stained glass window. I bought his coffin mod too. I’ve only installed the headstone so far. “You only moved the headstone!!!”

071496BB-411D-4868-9D2F-9B44201CCB91 (resized).jpeg071496BB-411D-4868-9D2F-9B44201CCB91 (resized).jpeg
#9619 1 year ago

I just noticed Drac’s hand on the coffin in my pic. Creepy.

#9620 1 year ago
Quoted from hAbO:

"You son of a bitch! You moved the cemetery, but you left the bodies, didn't you? You son of a bitch, you left the bodies and you only moved the headstones!"[quoted image]

I love that scene. “You left the bodies and you only moved the headstones!!!” Cost-cutting has consequences. I still cannot believe this movie was rated PG. Such was the power Spielberg had over the MPAA. It was originally rated R, but he appealed and had it changed so families could bring children to see corpses come up from the ground and a scientist have his face fall apart in the mirror. I was terrified when I saw Poltergeist, and I still feel it’s one of the scarier 80’s movies. Gremlins and Temple of Doom brought the PG rating to a head and PG-13 was born.

#9621 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I love that scene. “You left the bodies and you only moved the headstones!!!” Cost-cutting has consequences. I still cannot believe this movie was rated PG. Such was the power Spielberg had over the MPAA. It was originally rated R, but he appealed and had it changed so families could bring children to see corpses come up from the ground and a scientist have his face fall apart in the mirror. I was terrified when I saw Poltergeist, and I still feel it’s one of the scarier 80’s movies. Gremlins and Temple of Doom brought the PG rating to a head and PG-13 was born.

Great movie! We just picked it up in 4K.

#9622 1 year ago

I don’t think the switch covers are available but I’d also love a set of someone makes a run

#9623 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I don’t think the switch covers are available but I’d also love a set of someone makes a run

I also would be willing to buy a set should someone start making these.

#9624 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Quoted from Pinkitten:

Talk to Medisinyl. I believe he made those. Mine came with that and the extra castle walls with the stained glass window. I bought his coffin mod too. I’ve only installed the headstone so far. “You only moved the headstone!!!”
[quoted image]

Quoted from allsportdvd:

They were indeed permanently discontinued.

As noted before, there's some chance I'll revisit BSD one day with a different/better set, but that wouldn't be for a long time if it does happen.

Still one of my favorite games, and it deserves better than that early effort.

#9625 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

it deserves better than that early effort.

Love what you did for BSD.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9626 1 year ago

Your coffin is the best imo.....please revisit...I need one with stakes!

#9627 1 year ago

Nobody is reproducing ramps yet? I could use a new ramp behind the coffin

#9628 1 year ago

$180 shipped in the USA

588BD10B-1DDB-404A-A1DF-AD5F895818E1 (resized).jpeg588BD10B-1DDB-404A-A1DF-AD5F895818E1 (resized).jpeg7B139B49-1B98-400A-B46D-E95E3CBB5E69 (resized).jpeg7B139B49-1B98-400A-B46D-E95E3CBB5E69 (resized).jpeg80036DC4-F741-45AF-952B-42E1D67B2967 (resized).jpeg80036DC4-F741-45AF-952B-42E1D67B2967 (resized).jpeg8F41EE60-50DB-40CB-9A38-778C3ED912BB (resized).jpeg8F41EE60-50DB-40CB-9A38-778C3ED912BB (resized).jpeg929DF1CD-BBD7-43EE-864F-66397B05E0A2 (resized).jpeg929DF1CD-BBD7-43EE-864F-66397B05E0A2 (resized).jpegA2FE5983-556A-448F-9267-987FC1B6CA06 (resized).jpegA2FE5983-556A-448F-9267-987FC1B6CA06 (resized).jpegA55BF363-7579-4DD5-8304-489E5E320303 (resized).jpegA55BF363-7579-4DD5-8304-489E5E320303 (resized).jpegA98C5E0C-50BE-4836-AC0B-92C3C28C8EA0 (resized).jpegA98C5E0C-50BE-4836-AC0B-92C3C28C8EA0 (resized).jpegF7166F9C-59F9-4AC5-98AB-DBB00C45D21E (resized).jpegF7166F9C-59F9-4AC5-98AB-DBB00C45D21E (resized).jpeg
#9629 1 year ago

We have a donor game on the way to make the ramps. Moving slowly though.

#9630 1 year ago

I was having similar issues ran through the list above and no luck. I just did a playing replacement and and added a new opt board, wiring harness at magnet and a new magnet. But the magnet still dropped the ball once activated. I traced the issue back to the A-16691-1 High Current Driver Assembly. R-1 Resistor ( 220 ohm, 1/2 w, 5%) was fried. I also test Q-1 transistor (TIP 36c) which test within limits but was weak. I replaced both and bam!! The Mist Ball came alive.

IMG_6090 (resized).jpegIMG_6090 (resized).jpegIMG_6093 (resized).jpegIMG_6093 (resized).jpegIMG_6094 (resized).jpegIMG_6094 (resized).jpeg
#9631 1 year ago
Quoted from Kas24:I was having similar issues ran through the list above and no luck. I just did a playing replacement and and added a new opt board, wiring harness at magnet and a new magnet. But the magnet still dropped the ball once activated. I traced the issue back to the A-16691-1 High Current Driver Assembly. R-1 Resistor ( 220 ohm, 1/2 w, 5%) was fried. I also test Q-1 transistor (TIP 36c) which test within limits but was weak. I replaced both and bam!! The Mist Ball came alive. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the update. Once I finish my Demo Man I’ll be working on my Dracula Mist.

#9632 1 year ago

Cleaned mine up a bit and put on new rubbers. Replaced the two incandescents that were under the left ramp. This game is such a pain to shop out but I didn’t have the time or energy to clean and tumble all the hardware. Perhaps next time (or never).

#9633 1 year ago

Has anyone else noticed numbers printed on the middle of the playfield under the paint? I discovered after cleaning, before applying wax. 20221204_083502.jpg20221204_083502.jpg

#9634 1 year ago

It's home!!

20221204_140628.jpg20221204_140628.jpg
#9635 1 year ago

PTHermes - you may have exposed the black light letters.

Shine a black light on the playfield to see all of it.

#9636 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

It's home!!
[quoted image]

Welcome to my home. Leave something of the happiness you bring.

-Bram

#9637 1 year ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

Has anyone else noticed numbers printed on the middle of the playfield under the paint? I discovered after cleaning, before applying wax. [quoted image]

Should match your serial number

#9638 1 year ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

Has anyone else noticed numbers printed on the middle of the playfield under the paint? I discovered after cleaning, before applying wax. [quoted image]

I must be going blind

UPDATE; yeah I can make it out now, I thought the indents were some kind of weird planking at first.
Is it an SP playfield ?

#9639 1 year ago

Just got a minty one. It’s brutal for sure. Surprised of the amount of mechs in this game. It’s pretty loaded with subways and diverters etc.

#9640 1 year ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Should match your serial number

It does - I never knew that playfields got VIN numbers!! It is marked as an SP playfield under the apron, but the front has CCC for Churchill Cabinet Company

#9641 1 year ago

Just installed pinball bulb's LED lighting kit and it looks fantastic, but I've noticed one of the coffin lights stays on dimly during gameplay. Looks fine when a ball is locked or in attract mode, but just during game play its partially lit as below. I checked the voltages on the bulbs. The one that's staying on is 3.1 and the one that is behaving normally is 2.8. Any suggestions? Works fine when I put old style bulbs back in it. When you view it through the phone camera you can see its flashing ever so slightly in tandem with the skill shot face light on the back.

ghosting (resized).jpgghosting (resized).jpg

#9642 1 year ago
Quoted from LeeChaolan:

Just installed pinball bulb's LED lighting kit and it looks fantastic, but I've noticed one of the coffin lights stays on dimly during gameplay. Looks fine when a ball is locked or in attract mode, but just during game play its partially lit as below. I checked the voltages on the bulbs. The one that's staying on is 3.1 and the one that is behaving normally is 2.8. Any suggestions? Works fine when I put old style bulbs back in it. When you view it through the phone camera you can see its flashing ever so slightly in tandem with the skill shot face light on the back.
[quoted image]

Switch the bulbs and see if it does the same thing. Maybe ya need a non-ghosting bulb.

#9643 1 year ago
Quoted from RGarriott:

Switch the bulbs and see if it does the same thing. Maybe ya need a non-ghosting bulb.

Cycled out several bulbs and all LEDs do the same thing. All non ghosting.

#9644 1 year ago
Quoted from LeeChaolan:

[quoted image]

Seems like you have a small amount of voltage feeding that socket when the bulb isn’t lit. I have LEDs in mine and they stay dark until lit. The electrician experts here can solve this mystery!

#9645 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Seems like you have a small amount of voltage feeding that socket when the bulb isn’t lit. I have LEDs in mine and they stay dark until lit. The electrician experts here can solve this mystery!

Could be a miswired diode on a lamp socket in the same row or column - I've seen that before. Check them all!

#9646 1 year ago

I had bad diodes on both of those lamps for whatever reason that caused phantom illumination (with incandescent bulbs -- no LEDs in Dracula for me).

#9647 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

I had bad diodes on both of those lamps for whatever reason that caused phantom illumination (with incandescent bulbs -- no LEDs in Dracula for me).

Good call with keeping incandescents, keeps the theme Creepy; I also kept the dmd, I feel a colour dmd would detract from the Creepiness.

#9648 1 year ago

Gothic sideblades for BSD. $100.00 shipped within the USA.

89CD5FA6-9E51-4AF8-A5F9-28E0A854A0C8 (resized).jpeg89CD5FA6-9E51-4AF8-A5F9-28E0A854A0C8 (resized).jpegE1BCCE6D-0318-4216-8678-875E1A4965EE (resized).jpegE1BCCE6D-0318-4216-8678-875E1A4965EE (resized).jpeg
#9649 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Gothic sideblades for BSD. $100.00 shipped within the USA.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Those are spooky! Those would look good on BSD, or if they make M. Night’s The Village pin or Sleepy Hollow!

#9650 1 year ago

I play in the dark but hate how I can never see the speaker panel, so I ran an LED strip on top of my glare guard.

3E84AADF-43C3-4BA9-B619-D6854BEE5BDC (resized).jpeg3E84AADF-43C3-4BA9-B619-D6854BEE5BDC (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Warrenton, VA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
There are 11,097 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 222.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/193?hl=moomert1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.