P1000806 (resized).JPG
to use (resized).jpg
to use 2 (resized).jpg
to use 3 (resized).jpg
to use 4 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240225_155433778 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240225_154712067 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,097 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 222.
#9151 1 year ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Medisinyl stated that most of his mods are limited. Once he sells so many that’s it. You’d have to ask him how firm that is. I like the mod and would get a set if available.

Me 2

#9152 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Positive:

Hi Everyone. I picked up a BSD at Allentown with a few problems, so I'm working my way through the list.
The coil for the right gate is on all of time and immediately starts cooking the coil. Any ideas? As I look at this coil in the manual, I see it's driven/wired through the Fliptronics board, which is a bit odd.
Thanks.

Since the fliptronics board can drive up to 4 flippers and BSD has only two, they used the capacity of the board to drive the two mist gates. Not a bad solution, really.

RussMyers

#9153 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Anyone know why these aren't being made anymore? I am certain if a run was done it'd sell - I'd buy them

Me too! If there's enough requests, maybe.

#9154 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Anyone know why these aren't being made anymore? I am certain if a run was done it'd sell - I'd buy them

My game had a full set on it when I bought it. I love them and think they look amazing.

Quoted from roffels:

Dracula is hard enough, wouldn't obstructing sight lines to the ball make it even harder?

Honestly, they don't block much of anything. Just a hair of the left ramp, and a bit of the coffin ramp wireform. Looks worse in pictures than in person.

#9155 1 year ago

I'm currently doing a full restoration on my BSD and I'm hiding the carriage bolts on the cabinet under the decal. Is there any downsides to this?

#9156 1 year ago
Quoted from hool10:

I'm currently doing a full restoration on my BSD and I'm hiding the carriage bolts on the cabinet under the decal. Is there any downsides to this?

Why???

#9157 1 year ago

So you don't see any carriage bolts but just the cabinet artwork. You use a Forstner bit and make the head of the carriage bolt counter-sunk. People have done this in the past and some complain the head can poke into the decal. However I have an idea and it's to use some blue Loc-tite on the carriage bolt so it doesn't loosen.

#9158 1 year ago
Quoted from hool10:So you don't see any carriage bolts but just the cabinet artwork. You use a Forstner bit and make the head of the carriage bolt counter-sunk. People have done this in the past and some complain the head can poke into the decal. However I have an idea and it's to use some blue Loc-tite on the carriage bolt so it doesn't loosen.

IDE just colour match the head of the bolt, if you go counter sinking; you can don’t have much meat left to secure.

#9159 1 year ago

Are you using radcals? If so - I used elevator bolts and slightly recessed

5FBD7F7A-EB7B-4695-9F64-EA53B8F5C7CE (resized).jpeg5FBD7F7A-EB7B-4695-9F64-EA53B8F5C7CE (resized).jpeg
#9160 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Quoted from hAbO:

Medisinyl stated that most of his mods are limited. Once he sells so many that’s it. You’d have to ask him how firm that is. I like the mod and would get a set if available.

I appreciate the interest in the set, but they are indeed permanently discontinued.

The only mods that have had a hard # cap have been the AMH set and 40th anniversary Elvira set, and to a lesser extent, the TMNT mods were discontinued before demand was reasonably satisfied, out of necessity, though eventually most mods have had about 3 years of availability before being discontinued, and that will always be the case.

When I discontinued the BSD mods (~Feb. 2021), I discontinued a lot of mods, as my backlog got to be up to 6 months--it was a difficult situation to have my hands tied to production so long with no ability to design new stuff and have a creative release. Felt like an insurmountable wall, and it continued to grow. After ~2.5 years, I've finally caught up with the Elvira demand this month.

I gave in to hiring help at this time as well to buy the time to make the AMH set (a friend, and former art teacher that can be seen in the video below ).

After this point, the cost of help on BSD sets exceeded what I was charging, but I did make final run calls to give a reasonable close to them.

My stance has always been to stick to my word on discontinued mods, and this helps me move forward with new creations and streamline existing ones (also many have relied on the stance, and I don't intend to set a precedent against it).

However, while I still like the coffin set I made, I look at the BSD castle set as a weak effort that doesn't live up to what I've done since. It was the best I knew how to do in 2017, but I cringe at it now (particularly the LED version that is geometrically poor IMO, though still the one I use).

Not impossible that one day I will do something different for BSD, or some sort of V2 re-imagining. It deserves better, but there's a lot of games I'd like to get to.

Quoted from roffels:

Dracula is hard enough, wouldn't obstructing sight lines to the ball make it even harder?

The set was designed with reasonable visibility in mind, and also to not obscure the backboard skill-shot lighting. It doesn't block any sight lines for shots (with the ruins version blocking next to nothing from player perspective). Though I personally like when the ball disappears into some structures.

Back then, I also accepted requests, and this set was a request to cover the visible switches.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My current focus is shifted to Stranger Things, which will be fully revealed by the end of June:

#9161 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I appreciate the interest in the set, but they are indeed permanently discontinued.
The only mods that have had a hard # cap have been the AMH set and 40th anniversary Elvira set, and to a lesser extent, the TMNT mods were discontinued before demand was reasonably satisfied, out of necessity, though eventually most mods have had about 3 years of availability before being discontinued, and that will always be the case.
When I discontinued the BSD mods (~Feb. 2021), I discontinued a lot of mods, as my backlog got to be up to 6 months--it was a difficult situation to have my hands tied to production so long with no ability to design new stuff and have a creative release. Felt like an insurmountable wall, and it continued to grow. After ~2.5 years, I've finally caught up with the Elvira demand this month.
I finally gave in to hiring help at this time as well to buy the time to make the AMH set (a friend, and former art teacher that can be seen in the video below ).
After this point, the cost of help on BSD sets exceeded what I was charging, but I did make final run calls to give a reasonable close to them.
My stance has always been to stick to my word on discontinued mods, and this helps me move forward with new creations and streamline existing ones (also many have relied on the stance, and I don't intend to set a precedent against it).
However, while I still like the coffin set I made, I look at the BSD castle set as a weak effort that doesn't live up to what I've done since. It was the best I knew how to do in 2017, but I cringe at it now (particularly the LED version that is geometrically poor IMO, though still the one I use).
Not impossible that one day I will do something different for BSD, or some sort of V2 re-imagining. It deserves better, but there's a lot of games I'd like to get to.

The set was designed with reasonable visibility in mind, and also to not obscure the backboard skill-shot lighting. It doesn't block any sight lines for shots (with the ruins version blocking next to nothing from player perspective). Though I personally like when the ball disappears into some structures.
Back then, I also accepted requests, and this set was a request to cover the visible switches.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current focus is shifted to Stranger Things, which will be fully revealed by the end of June:

Thanks for the explanation, unfortunately I didn’t pick up my BSD until July 4, 2021 so I missed out….
Keep us new Drac owners in mind I guess

#9162 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

while I still like the coffin set I made, I look at the BSD castle set as a weak effort that doesn't live up to what I've done since.

My BSD came with the castle mod and I was able to get the coffin mod just before they ended in early 2021. I like them both a lot and I especially like the stained glass look of the lit window on the castle ramp. Cool effect!

#9163 1 year ago

Recently joined the club and am getting a lot of rejects on the coffin ramp. I am missing the two clear plastics. Does anyone have a scan of the two clear plastics in the red rectangle? If someone could put them on the bed of a copier, it would scan well enough for me to cut out replacements.

Thanks

2022-05-30_190559 (resized).jpg2022-05-30_190559 (resized).jpg

#9164 1 year ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

Recently joined the club and am getting a lot of rejects on the coffin ramp. I am missing the two clear plastics. Does anyone have a scan of the two clear plastics in the red rectangle? If someone could put them on the bed of a copier, it would scan well enough for me to cut out replacements.
Thanks
[quoted image]

You can buy them here.

https://www.fabunlimited.com/pinball/bram-stokers-dracula-pinball-clear-replacement-plastics-2-piece-set

Gord

#9165 1 year ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

Thanks
[quoted image]

Ah, this is why I’m also getting rejects, figured this out the other day, I need some of those plastics also.

#9166 1 year ago

Just ordered some. My machine doesn’t have them and I get 8 out of 10 rejects. Thank you

#9167 1 year ago

When I put in some new plastic ramps, I realized that they needed to be molded a bit to avoid rejects on clean shots at that spot. I used a hot air gun to soften it slightly and got the lip of the ramp level with the end of the entrance ramp. Check your ramp entrance and see if you have a slight rise there. There might be a way to adjust it mechanically, too.

#9168 1 year ago

That plastic has a hex post that is just a bit shorter than the others - so close that at a casual glance, you won't notice the difference. If your plastic is not close to the entry ramp exit, check that post, especially if you just got done rebuilding the area.

#9169 1 year ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

When I put in some new plastic ramps, I realized that they needed to be molded a bit to avoid rejects on clean shots at that spot. I used a hot air gun to soften it slightly and got the lip of the ramp level with the end of the entrance ramp. Check your ramp entrance and see if you have a slight rise there. There might be a way to adjust it mechanically, too.

This 100% when I did my playfield swap I had to do the exact same thing.

#9170 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I gave in to hiring help at this time as well to buy the time to make the AMH set (a friend, and former art teacher that can be seen in the video below ).

Music to my ears - my BSD sits next to my Stranger Things and that preview looks off the charts! Nice one!! Will keep an eye out man, keep up the fantastic work.

#9171 1 year ago

@irosent345 how you going with the ramps, any progress ? Cheers

#9172 1 year ago

Help please !!

Any idea where these two green wires are to be located ?

Centre targets have stopped working (lights all ok, just the target recognition) so suspect it's these wires that have come off....bit of solder on the one side

Do they affix to this bank ??

Cheers

20220608_104158 (resized).jpg20220608_104158 (resized).jpg20220608_104203 (resized).jpg20220608_104203 (resized).jpg20220608_104343 (resized).jpg20220608_104343 (resized).jpg20220608_104352 (resized).jpg20220608_104352 (resized).jpg
#9173 1 year ago
Quoted from paulie484:

Help please !!
Any idea where these two green wires are to be located ?
Centre targets have stopped working (lights all ok, just the target recognition) so suspect it's these wires that have come off....bit of solder on the one side
Do they affix to this bank ??
Cheers
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If you havnt figured out yet, I can have a look at my machine this evening when I get home from work.

#9174 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

If you havnt figured out yet, I can have a look at my machine this evening when I get home from work.

That would be great, thankyou!

#9175 1 year ago
Quoted from paulie484:

That would be great, thankyou!

Here you go. Hope this helps. They do indeed attach to the right leaf switch.

20220608_195644 (resized).jpg20220608_195644 (resized).jpg20220608_195656 (resized).jpg20220608_195656 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9176 1 year ago

Here you go. Hope this helps. They do indeed attach to the right leaf switch.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Brilliant !! Funny how the legacy bend of a wire kind of gives you the clues where it's supposed to be !!

That's perfect...thank you !

#9177 1 year ago
Quoted from paulie484:

Brilliant !! Funny how the legacy bend of a wire kind of gives you the clues where it's supposed to be !!

You are certainly welcome I try to help out when and where I can.

#9178 1 year ago
Quoted from paulie484:

When I started working part time on pins for a shop, the owner would kiddingly say "The wires don't lie". Its sort of true

#9179 1 year ago

So, my wife says "something is wrong with Dracula " I go to play a test game. Nothing is wrong, she's not really pinball savvy. She missed the Mist multiball and thought since it stayed in the left gate, something was wrong. Anyway.... my "Quick test game" turned into this!! My personal high score.

20220611_170755 (resized).jpg20220611_170755 (resized).jpg
#9180 1 year ago

Scribbles - nice score. So did she have to stand there and watch you prove there was nothing wrong with the machine for the entire game? Mine would have just left.

#9181 1 year ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Scribbles - nice score. So did she have to stand there and watch you prove there was nothing wrong with the machine for the entire game? Mine would have just left.

She actually stayed and watched! Lol. She truly enjoys playing, but just isn't familiar with rules or game function sometimes.

#9182 1 year ago

I finally had a chance to play another BSD with lightening flippers. Mine never had them. What I noticed was that the orbit and ramp shots are more consistantly makable.. But post passes and cradling multiple balls is harder obviously. I'm going to install lightening flippers after all.

#9183 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I finally had a chance to play another BSD with lightening flippers. Mine never had them. What I noticed was that the orbit and ramp shots are more consistantly makable.. But post passes and cradling multiple balls is harder obviously. I'm going to install lightening flippers after all.

I really like lightning flippers on BSD and Fish Tales. The geometry feels right on both pins for them. Just my personal taste.

#9184 1 year ago

Hey! New to pinside and owning a pinball machine so I might be bugging y'all for some future help from time to time!

Dracula is my first pin and I got it at the beginning of April! I've done a couple little mods and I thought i'd share em because I like em!
Found a 3d print for the sigil online, painted it and slapped some leds behind it and put little ones on the speaker mesh after I put speaker lights in.
Also found a couple toys + comics from a thrift shop and made a ghetto topper.

This hobby is darn addicting... I ended up buying a Tales from the Crypt to keep my Dracula company within three weeks. Touching up the paint on crypt and then might touch up Dracula after!

d side sigil (resized).jpgd side sigil (resized).jpgd speaker (resized).jpgd speaker (resized).jpgd topper (resized).jpgd topper (resized).jpg
#9185 1 year ago

`There is no way to break this to you easily. You're already hooked and in trouble.

#9186 1 year ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

`There is no way to break this to you easily. You're already hooked and in trouble.

Hahaha yup! Once I have a game room set up I'll be able to fit a third machine in. Just have to find another preferably horror machine I can afford!

#9187 1 year ago
Quoted from Waffles:

Hahaha yup! Once I have a game room set up I'll be able to fit a third machine in. Just have to find another preferably horror machine I can afford!

Plenty of Halloweens out there for sale

#9188 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Plenty of Halloweens out there for sale

I really should check out the game play of Halloween, the theme is sick! Currently at the top of my list is Elvira and the Party Monsters as it'll be nicer on the wallet and I really enjoy the game.

#9189 1 year ago
Quoted from Waffles:

I really should check out the game play of Halloween, the theme is sick! Currently at the top of my list is Elvira and the Party Monsters as it'll be nicer on the wallet and I really enjoy the game.

Scared stiff would be better than EATPM, EATPM is Sys 11 and very shallow; great for what it is but I think you will get fairly bored with it quickly where as SS is much more engaging. My Halloween remark wasn’t serious

#9190 1 year ago
Quoted from Waffles:

I’m a big fan of both EATPM and Scared Stiff. Both really cool examples of their respective eras. EATPM is a pretty hard game to score well, it’s one of my most punishing pins, along with Fish Tales. Very satisfying to start multiball and then hit both ramps for jackpot. There is no ball save on EATPM either. Prices for decent examples have gone way up in recent years. Congrats on joining the hobby! BSD is a fav of mine also. What mod do you have that makes your speakers blue? It looks great.

#9191 1 year ago

Well this is a first. I occasionally get the ever so loving ball flying off the wire ramp / rail. However this is the first time the ball got stuck here.

20220616_205411 (resized).jpg20220616_205411 (resized).jpg
#9192 1 year ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

Well this is a first. I occasionally get the ever so loving ball flying off the wire ramp / rail. However this is the first time the ball got stuck here.
[quoted image]

Easy access, at least!

#9193 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Scared stiff would be better than EATPM, EATPM is Sys 11 and very shallow; great for what it is but I think you will get fairly bored with it quickly where as SS is much more engaging. My Halloween remark wasn’t serious

There's a local arcade with EATPM that I just sit on whenever I go because I enjoy it so much. SS is gonna be out of my price range for a loonng time but I totally agree wuth you!

Oh no, you got me excited for Halloween haha!

Quoted from Pinkitten:

BSD is a fav of mine also. What mod do you have that makes your speakers blue? It looks great.

Thank you!

But the difficulty is kinda what makes it so enticing! I don't think I'd play dracula nearly as much if it wasn't difficult.

The speaker lights are from
https://pinballleds.ca/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=449&search=Speaker

Super easy to install too! Hooked them up to under cabinet lighting as well.

#9194 1 year ago
Quoted from Waffles:

There's a local arcade with EATPM that I just sit on whenever I go because I enjoy it so much. SS is gonna be out of my price range for a loonng time but I totally agree wuth you!

I have BSD next to my EatPM. Wife loves Elvira. I like both. Sometimes you want to change up the difficulty.

p.s. I have a Halloween CE on order as well

#9195 1 year ago
Quoted from Waffles:

Don't listen to anybody else on what machines are good or bad, until you've played them. That's always the best advice I can give. That being said...

I've owned EATPM and loved it. Very fun game. Not difficult at all and campy as hell. I agree that it's fun to have a mix of hard and easy to approach games. Ultimately sold it so I could get a Twilight Zone which is my favorite game ever.

I have a lot of "horror" themed pins, and BSD continues to stick out as a perfect example of theme execution and playability to me. Likely one of my top 5 games, and one of the last to go.

#9196 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I have BSD next to my EatPM. Wife loves Elvira. I like both. Sometimes you want to change up the difficulty.

Funny you should mention that......

20210903_003559 (resized).jpg20210903_003559 (resized).jpg
#9197 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Where can I find that Dracula topper?

#9198 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

[quoted image]

Man, I guess it's just the thing to do if you get one you need to get the other!

The topper is great btw!

Quoted from damadczar:

Don't listen to anybody else on what machines are good or bad, until you've played them. That's always the best advice I can give. That being said...
Likely one of my top 5 games, and one of the last to go.

Yeah I totally agree unless I know the person very well. I think my brother has pretty similar tastes when it comes to game play so when he says a game is bad i'll typically feel the same way about it!
It's funny because my top pick for a game was Tales from the Crypt, but Dracula was up for sale and I thought I'd give it a shot. It's probably never leaving and now one of my favorite games!

#9199 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Where can I find that Dracula topper?

It came with the machine. The guy I bought it from said he made it using licensed figures and the box is stained wood. During certain modes its back-lit blue. And when dracula speaks, there's a red LED strip inside that shines through the "D" in dracula. I'm not a topper enthusiast, but this one's pretty damn cool. He did a good job. And we recently redid the drop ceiling and painted the walls. Hence the difference in pics.

20220618_111051 (resized).jpg20220618_111051 (resized).jpg20220618_110904 (resized).jpg20220618_110904 (resized).jpg
#9200 1 year ago

[quoted image]

That Elvira though... Nice! Makes me want to restore mine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
There are 11,097 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 222.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/184?hl=november and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.