IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg
20240314_090424 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240310_205042362 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,145 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 223.
#9051 2 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Hold on a second. It is entirely possible that moving the connector toto another header fixed the problem. Over the decades, these pins get less bouncy and the headers get hotter due to increased resistance across the pin and header. As the header gets hotter, it causes more heat and more resistace. It is possible that the connection had so much resistance, the voltage dropped enough to cause the problem/. Also, one of the pins on the original header may have had a cracked solder joint.

I can't say for sure if this particular board has these problems but I like to play the odds game (I play it for almost everything in life because the universe - specifically physics - is just an odds game). I have seen a LOT of WPC-89 power boards and I have NEVER seen any problems with the lamp rows. This circuit just does not generate heat. Odds are low that this is the cause of the problem. It's often the general illumination (GI = J115/J120/J121) that generates a lot of heat resulting in burned headers and/or connectors and/or cracked solder joints. I'm not saying that this is not what happened here. I have no evidence to refute it. Just odds and experience.

Quoted from Pinkitten:

I am tempted to switch them back as a test to see if the problems return, but it’s working 100% and I don’t want to tempt fate. Either way, it’s been error-free for a couple days since reseating the connectors and switching J134 and J135 back. I can’t explain it, but I’ll take it.

That's a true scientific experiment. Results that can be reproduced. The problem with headers and connectors is that if you try to do this you don't always get a true scientific result. This is because the connection is not 100% identical when you insert the connector onto the header. This is why when people complain about WPC resets attempting to re-seat J101 and/or J114 and/or J210 will result in the resets going away. Same deal with ribbon cables. Often people complain their DMD is "scrambled" and re-seating the ribbon cable fixes it.

If you want to know you should describe what the original problem was so that an analysis can be made.

#9052 2 years ago

The real question here is, when you hit the asylum, do most people slam poor Renfield into the bars, or do you leave him alone because he’s been through enough? I wanted to start a poll with that question.

#9053 2 years ago

I Slam him, 5 million is 5 million

#9054 2 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

I like to play the odds game

You are correct. It is seldom a problem because there is much less current going through the matrix.

#9055 2 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Anyone here have some NOS plastics for sale? I've got a couple broken ones I'd like to change.

Im changing out all my plastics shortly. They are all in great condition but I bought a nos set with the repro plastics so I’ll have an extra full set. PM if you’re interested.

Rob

#9056 2 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Here are some games I filmed over the weekend to show the mix in action while continuing to tweak it. Pardon the shooting. I stumbled into a triple stack on the one video, but just couldn't stick the Castle Jackpot. The new sounds there are intense. It'll be a surprise when you all get it.

Never paid too much attention to pinsound but this sounds amazing! The second video is the best imo. No sounds from the slings though? The sound of the pops is starting to grow on me . You’ve got my attention!

#9057 2 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Here are some games I filmed over the weekend to show the mix in action while continuing to tweak it. Pardon the shooting. I stumbled into a triple stack on the one video, but just couldn't stick the Castle Jackpot. The new sounds there are intense. It'll be a surprise when you all get it.

So if I want to add this new sound package and other mixes, I just need to buy a Pinsound Plus and upload them from the Pinsound website? I have very little experience with Pinsound, except for a couple pins I’ve owned came with them. Any other hardware needed? Thanks!

#9058 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Never paid too much attention to pinsound but this sounds amazing! The second video is the best imo. No sounds from the slings though? The sound of the pops is starting to grow on me . You’ve got my attention!

Thanks! I like video 2 as well. There’s many sounds not present in the videos, as I stacked multiple options for different actions. The more you play the more you uncover.

For Grand Champion, the song that plays during the input of your player GC initials is one of the most beautiful and unheard of in the entire package.

The art in the PF depicts Drac’s castle, so the slings represent the swooshes of spirit activity, breathing, wailing, crying, drips and drops you hear in the background as Drac/Harker move around the castle in the film. My aim was to pay homage to those trapped souls, as if they’re manipulating the ball while you’re searching the castle. It’s unorthodox from the direct reactive thuds we’re used to. Kind of has a slippery and spirit-like vibe to it. There’s about 6-8 different sounds that can activate for each sling hit.

The pops is very experimental, and toiled with the final choice. Out of everything the movie, official trailer and music score offers, it’s hard to find a sound that works for the vibe, but also isolated without any other instruments or noises layered behind it, so each hit is clean. There’s a Lullaby played on a xylophone in the movie, and I have that and an alternate version played on harp, so I decided to take the 3 darkest/lowest chords of the harp version and apply them to the pops. I was curious what people would think of that.

#9059 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

So if I want to add this new sound package and other mixes, I just need to buy a Pinsound Plus and upload them from the Pinsound website? I have very little experience with Pinsound, except for a couple pins I’ve owned came with them. Any other hardware needed? Thanks!

Correct, just a pinsound plus board and a small USB stick are the very basics you’ll need.

Install the pinsound board in place of your original sound board.

Insert the USB stick into your computer, drag the zip file off of pinsound onto the USB stick, and then plug the USB stick directly into the pinsound board.

When you start the game up, it will process the mix, which takes about 15-20 min. It only does this once, and a quick 30 sec process the second time you start the machine up, and it’s all normal every time from there.

You can have the original sound package and the new pinsound mix available to switch back and forth with your volume controls.

I personally recommend attaching a cheap external sub to your game, which can be wired to the leads of the cabinet sub, or directly into your pinsound board. This gives the experience some body and depth, but totally optional.

And lastly, as a luxury bonus recommendation, I suggest buying a cheap USB extender, less than $10. This plugs into your pinsound board’s USB port and is snaked down through the cabinet to live right inside the coin door. For me, as I edit the mix countless times and have to play countless games to experiment and tweak sounds, I couldn’t do it having to slide games to get to the boards every single time. Image below…
1DFC5529-35B5-4989-BFCC-F0E0EBB8E750 (resized).jpeg1DFC5529-35B5-4989-BFCC-F0E0EBB8E750 (resized).jpeg

#9060 2 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Correct, just a pinsound plus board and a small USB stick are the very basics you’ll need.
Install the pinsound board in place of your original sound board.
Insert the USB stick into your computer, drag the zip file off of pinsound onto the USB stick, and then plug the USB stick directly into the pinsound board.
When you start the game up, it will process the mix, which takes about 15-20 min. It only does this once, and a quick 30 sec process the second time you start the machine up, and it’s all normal every time from there.
You can have the original sound package and the new pinsound mix available to switch back and forth with your volume controls.
I personally recommend attaching a cheap external sub to your game, which can be wired to the leads of the cabinet sub, or directly into your pinsound board. This gives the experience some body and depth, but totally optional.
And lastly, as a luxury bonus recommendation, I suggest buying a USB extender. This plugs into your pinsound board’s USB port and is snaked down through the cabinet to live right inside the coin door. For me, as I edit the mix countless times and have to play countless games to experiment and tweak sounds, I couldn’t do it having to slide games to get to the boards every single time. Image below…[quoted image]

Awesome, thanks very much for the info! I ordered a Pinsound Plus board and USB stick. I also have a Polk sub I’m not using that I will connect. Thanks again for taking so much time to work on this. When I watched the videos with the movie soundtrack integrated so well, I just had to upgrade. I’ve watched that movie many times. Can’t wait to try it!

#9061 2 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Fellow Vampyre Hunters,
Linked below is the latest Pinsound mix, the Expanded Mix - Dracula V2.
Here is the Pinsound link for the new mix: https://www.pinsound-community.org/index.php?/files/file/379-bsd-expanded-mix/
Thank you for the patience. After being prompted for an update, I felt compelled to tackle my built-up list of to-do’s and ideas before re-releasing it. I’ve sifted through the movie again for a lot more call-outs, added a killer new song to Rats, and built-upon, replaced or re-cut a lot of existing sounds. Everything stems from the film and it’s official score, and I try to stay true to the movie, even if it's a struggle to find the right sound.
This mix focuses on Dracula and the concubines vs Van Helsing. From here, I will start polishing the Lucy edition, which focuses on Lucy’s terrible condition transforming into a vampire. After that, I will likely make a final update to Dracula once and for all.
What I love about the mixes is that nearly every action has multiple songs or call-outs to choose from, all selected/edited for cohesion together and for the theme of the moment. Some actions in the game have anywhere from 3 to 5, 15 or 25 songs to choose from, while most actions with call-outs range from 1 to 5 options to cycle through.
The rollovers act as Drac pulling you into the castle. The 2 sets of spot targets are the concubines. Slings and left ramp you're dealing with the castle spirits. The Right orbit and drop target is full of wolves and growls. The altar consists of rats and bad memories, etc. etc. etc.
The music you hear throughout the mix is from the original soundtrack and it’s unreleased bonus tracks, but also from dozens of alternates, B and C side songs they used in the movie that did not make the soundtrack. All tracks are purchased, officially licensed, high quality copies that I was super lucky to stumble upon.
Wojciech Kilar’s music score for this is incredibly beautiful, and music played a big role in the creation of the movie, so I tried to lean into that when choosing sounds for certain things.
Please enjoy, and for the dead travel fast...
I RECOMMEND:
- Watch the movie. You will connect some dots on the sounds chosen, and enjoy the mix more if you did.
- Use a sub with the game to get the full audio experience. I have all Pyle speakers wired for stereo, with an external sub, and my volume is usually set to 7 or 8.
- Clear your Pinsound thumb drive completely, not just drag the last mix to the trash, but a quick and easy reformat/erase to wipe all unseen saved data. Google your thumb drive and computer type to learn how.
- After you’re cleared, drop the zip file of the mix directly into your reformatted/erased thumb drive, and simply plug it into the game, turn on for processing. If you get an error sound, let it go and on the third warning it should proceed through the upload.
- Switching the ‘Volume Change’ setting #8 in the Feature Adjustments menu to ‘No’. This helps avoid the game making random volume peaks and lows I’m not fond of. I think it sounds great with this set to off.
[quoted image]

I’m typically a stock sound guy but after reading your post and watching the videos I immediately dug out an old pinsound board I had kicking around and downloaded the file. I got the error message 3 times at 10% as well but everything continues to load properly after that. Mines taking along time to load into the game but I’m assuming it’s because it’s an older pinsound setup and USB that came with it. Cannot wait to play !! Really awesome job! Thanks for you’re time and effort. Looking forward to the future updates that you referenced.

#9062 2 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

I Slam him, 5 million is 5 million

I did not know this was worth 5 mil! But I always slam him!!

#9063 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Awesome, thanks very much for the info! I ordered a Pinsound Plus board and USB stick. I also have a Polk sub I’m not using that I will connect. Thanks again for taking so much time to work on this. When I watched the videos with the movie soundtrack integrated so well, I just had to upgrade. I’ve watched that movie many times. Can’t wait to try it!

I love the movie so the upgrade was worth it for me. But if using an external sub (which I do) along with the Pinsound speakers. You will have to find the balance with your EQ so the sub does not get over powered by the cab speakers. I had to also crank my sub all the way up. It took some messing around to find the sweat spot.

#9064 2 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Thanks! I like video 2 as well. There’s many sounds not present in the videos, as I stacked multiple options for different actions. The more you play the more you uncover.
For Grand Champion, the song that plays during the input of your player GC initials is one of the most beautiful and unheard of in the entire package.
The art in the PF depicts Drac’s castle, so the slings represent the swooshes of spirit activity, breathing, wailing, crying, drips and drops you hear in the background as Drac/Harker move around the castle in the film. My aim was to pay homage to those trapped souls, as if they’re manipulating the ball while you’re searching the castle. It’s unorthodox from the direct reactive thuds we’re used to. Kind of has a slippery and spirit-like vibe to it. There’s about 6-8 different sounds that can activate for each sling hit.
The pops is very experimental, and toiled with the final choice. Out of everything the movie, official trailer and music score offers, it’s hard to find a sound that works for the vibe, but also isolated without any other instruments or noises layered behind it, so each hit is clean. There’s a Lullaby played on a xylophone in the movie, and I have that and an alternate version played on harp, so I decided to take the 3 darkest/lowest chords of the harp version and apply them to the pops. I was curious what people would think of that.

Pm sent

#9065 2 years ago

I received my pinsound neo yesterday, and install it today with your mix.
God thats a hell of a mix thank you so much davebart5 !

I just play few games, look forward to discover more tonight !

#9066 2 years ago

Where’s the best place to pick up pinsound? Should I just order directly from their site?

#9067 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Where’s the best place to pick up pinsound? Should I just order directly from their site?

That’s what I did. The pricing seemed identical whether you buy from their site or from Pinside marketplace. But I admit I didn’t check any other sources.

#9068 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Quoted from Pinkitten:

That’s what I did. The pricing seemed identical whether you buy from their site or from Pinside marketplace. But I admit I didn’t check any other sources.

That's what I did as well, and I paid the extra 20 or so dollars to have the board pre loaded with the soundtracks. I hate dealing with computers.

#9069 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

That's what I did as well, and I paid the extra 20 or so dollars to have the board pre loaded with the soundtracks. I hate dealing with computers.

Lol, I did the exact same thing. I’ve loaded Pinsound files before too, it’s really not hard, but the “buy preloaded drive” button was too easy to push with my thumb.

#9070 2 years ago

Has anyone installed the ministry of pinball decals before? I bought the front panel only and it has more of a matte finish and looks much different than the glossy cab decals.

#9071 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Lol, I did the exact same thing. I’ve loaded Pinsound files before too, it’s really not hard, but the “buy preloaded drive” button was too easy to push with my thumb.

Does this mean the original tracks would be included as well or would I still need to download this?

#9072 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Does this mean the original tracks would be included as well or would I still need to download this?

Mine should arrive this week. I’ll let you know which files are pre-loaded. Hopefully the new mixes and the original are there.

#9073 2 years ago

You may need to download the original from Pinsound and copy it to the USB. Mine came blank. "Hazard" and "Davebart5" mixes will have to be downloaded and copied separately. Just follow Daves post for copying it.

#9074 2 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Suddenly, my 3 GI lamps for the rollover lanes have stopped working. All was good, then I installed some cliffys.....nowhere near those lamps...turned my machine back on. And now they don't work. I went into test mode and ran all lights and flashers.
Thoughts???[quoted image]

Anyone else have any advice they can offer? I reseated plugs J113, J115, J120, J121 and then plugged back in. Fuses F106, F107, F108, F109, F110 look good. Fuse 115 looks a little wonky but I has told 115 doesn't control the GI. I did notice the 3 GI bulbs listed in my previous post are daisy chained to about 4 or 5 other bulbs. Those too are not lighting. All wiring to each bulb looks secure. I don't see any broken wires. I checked all plugs on the board. Didn't see any burned plugs.

I am at a complete loss....

#9075 2 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

Anyone else have any advice they can offer? I reseated plugs J113, J115, J120, J121 and then plugged back in. Fuses F106, F107, F108, F109, F110 look good. Fuse 115 looks a little wonky but I has told 115 doesn't control the GI. I did notice the 3 GI bulbs listed in my previous post are daisy chained to about 4 or 5 other bulbs. Those too are not lighting. All wiring to each bulb looks secure. I don't see any broken wires. I checked all plugs on the board. Didn't see any burned plugs.

If there's a break point in the GI, and it sounds like there is, go to the last point in the wiring where the GI is working and inspect carefully. Reflow the solder, and replace the bulb.

#9076 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I got mine from Kay's Arcade along with the blank USB stick. Download the software yourself and save a pile. Unzip the archive on your computer and then copy to USB stick. Much faster! And this is huge... If you do any editing of sounds of any kind, you must delete the old cache file on the USB stick. The Pinsound system with automatically write a new one for you. Otherwise, the old cache will keep being read, and your edits will not be seen.

#9077 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

My Pinsound Plus arrived today! I chose expedited shipping and it took 2 days from France to Michigan. Super easy install. Unplug 5 or 6 connectors from sound board, remove sound board, install Pinsound board, reattach connectors, plug USB stick in, turn game on. It will tell you it’s loading and takes a few minutes the first time. I paid for the pre-loaded USB, and it automatically installed the newest mix. It included two mixes and the original package. Just push the volume down button inside the coin door to zero to hear the chimes and it changes the mix. It sounds amazing, very customizable equalizers, and my speakers are stock except for the woofer. I’m adding a Polk sub later today. Awesome job on the custom mixes! Very happy with this upgrade.

F93E6A64-6A05-45EC-8C64-8BC594953BF9 (resized).jpegF93E6A64-6A05-45EC-8C64-8BC594953BF9 (resized).jpeg

#9078 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

My Pinsound Plus arrived today! I chose expedited shipping and it took 2 days from France to Michigan. Super easy install. Unplug 5 or 6 connectors from sound board, remove sound board, install Pinsound board, reattach connectors, plug USB stick in, turn game on. It will tell you it’s loading and takes a few minutes the first time. I paid for the pre-loaded USB, and it automatically installed the newest mix. It included two mixes and the original package. Just push the volume down button inside the coin door to zero to hear the chimes and it changes the mix. It sounds amazing, very customizable equalizers, and my speakers are stock except for the woofer. I’m adding a Polk sub later today. Awesome job on the custom mixes! Very happy with this upgrade.
[quoted image]

Thanks for posting!

#9079 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

[quoted image]

I just ordered one a couple hours ago. Thanks for letting us know how it went for you.

1 week later
#9080 2 years ago

Hi guys,

I had the opportunity to build a "remake like" HD screen and speaker panel.

What do you think about it ?

This pinball diserve it, what a masterpiece, especially with the wonderful pinsound mix...

#9081 2 years ago
Quoted from November:

Hi guys,
I had the opportunity to build a "remake like" HD screen and speaker panel.
What do you think about it ?
This pinball diserve it, what a masterpiece, especially with the wonderful pinsound mix...

I love that. I’m very tempted to do something similar. What’d you do with the love never dies lights?

#9082 2 years ago

I'm currently in the process of getting my first owned (and all time favorite) pin BSD up and running. After fixing an error with the board I'm getting this error from the game audits.
TOP LEFT POPPER OPTO SWITCH 56

Not really able to find this exactly in the manual, but it seems to be the sensor on the Renfeld hole even though top left make me think the mystery/mist hole. Any suggestions?

#9083 2 years ago

See page 2-46 of the manual for switch locations. Looks like Renfield.
You can double check the wire colours — green-black and white-blue.

Page 3-22 show the 10 opto board wiring. Switch 56 is gray-blue and orange-blue.

#9084 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

See page 2-46 of the manual for switch locations. Looks like Renfield.
You can double check the wire colours — green-black and white-blue.
Page 3-22 show the 10 opto board wiring. Switch 56 is gray-blue and orange-blue.

Thanks gonna work on it later and will report back.

#9085 2 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

I love that. I’m very tempted to do something similar. What’d you do with the love never dies lights?

I think i will include it in translite, or maybe in a topper

#9086 2 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

GI comes into the power driver board at J115 from the transfomer. Goes out to the J120 and J121 connectors. Any of these 3 connectors have burnt pins? If not, pull fuses 5 fuses in the bottom left corner and test them to see if any are blown.

#9087 2 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

Perhaps a bad bulb socket? Try jumping the gi power from the last working bulb in the chain over the first non working bulb to the second. In other words bypass the first non working bulb. See if the rest of your gi comes back on.

#9088 2 years ago

I looked back on this thread, but couldn't find anything. Does anyone have a comparison between the stock translite and a new CPR mirrored BSD backglass?

#9089 2 years ago

I like the BSD mirrored backglass but only got it because my translite was a bit dinged up. The mirrored effect is pretty subtle, I personally wouldn't get it if my translite were fine.

#9090 1 year ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Fellow Vampyre Hunters,
Linked below is the latest Pinsound mix, the Expanded Mix - Dracula V2.
Here is the Pinsound link for the new mix: https://www.pinsound-community.org/index.php?/files/file/379-bsd-expanded-mix/
Thank you for the patience. After being prompted for an update, I felt compelled to tackle my built-up list of to-do’s and ideas before re-releasing it. I’ve sifted through the movie again for a lot more call-outs, added a killer new song to Rats, and built-upon, replaced or re-cut a lot of existing sounds. Everything stems from the film and it’s official score, and I try to stay true to the movie, even if it's a struggle to find the right sound.
This mix focuses on Dracula and the concubines vs Van Helsing. From here, I will start polishing the Lucy edition, which focuses on Lucy’s terrible condition transforming into a vampire. After that, I will likely make a final update to Dracula once and for all.
What I love about the mixes is that nearly every action has multiple songs or call-outs to choose from, all selected/edited for cohesion together and for the theme of the moment. Some actions in the game have anywhere from 3 to 5, 15 or 25 songs to choose from, while most actions with call-outs range from 1 to 5 options to cycle through.
The rollovers act as Drac pulling you into the castle. The 2 sets of spot targets are the concubines. Slings and left ramp you're dealing with the castle spirits. The Right orbit and drop target is full of wolves and growls. The altar consists of rats and bad memories, etc. etc. etc.
The music you hear throughout the mix is from the original soundtrack and it’s unreleased bonus tracks, but also from dozens of alternates, B and C side songs they used in the movie that did not make the soundtrack. All tracks are purchased, officially licensed, high quality copies that I was super lucky to stumble upon.
Wojciech Kilar’s music score for this is incredibly beautiful, and music played a big role in the creation of the movie, so I tried to lean into that when choosing sounds for certain things.
Please enjoy, and for the dead travel fast...
I RECOMMEND:
- Watch the movie. You will connect some dots on the sounds chosen, and enjoy the mix more if you did.
- Use a sub with the game to get the full audio experience. I have all Pyle speakers wired for stereo, with an external sub, and my volume is usually set to 7 or 8.
- Clear your Pinsound thumb drive completely, not just drag the last mix to the trash, but a quick and easy reformat/erase to wipe all unseen saved data. Google your thumb drive and computer type to learn how.
- After you’re cleared, drop the zip file of the mix directly into your reformatted/erased thumb drive, and simply plug it into the game, turn on for processing. If you get an error sound, let it go and on the third warning it should proceed through the upload.
- Switching the ‘Volume Change’ setting #8 in the Feature Adjustments menu to ‘No’. This helps avoid the game making random volume peaks and lows I’m not fond of. I think it sounds great with this set to off.
[quoted image]

My pinsound arrived today ! Installation was a breeze . Question though, while the game is at idle ( on but not being played) there is a noticeable hissing sound coming from the speakers ( which are factory stock at the moment) is this normal? Also when going though the game adjustments, the sound is very low. The game volume is currently on 8.

676BC947-34C4-4354-85C1-96ACDEDC8783 (resized).jpeg676BC947-34C4-4354-85C1-96ACDEDC8783 (resized).jpeg
#9091 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

My pinsound arrived today ! Installation was a breeze . Question though, while the game is at idle ( on but not being played) there is a noticeable hissing sound coming from the speakers ( which are factory stock at the moment) is this normal? Also when going though the game adjustments, the sound is very low. The game volume is currently on 8.
[quoted image]

Nice! Congratulations on the upgrade. Connect an external sub to it and you’ll get sucked into the action even more.

Hissing sound isn’t normal, so maybe someone with stock speakers and Pinsound can chime in. Also review all connectors that were involved and experiment with your board’s EQ knobs.

When I go through my adjustments I have no sound other than the beep tones you hear as you press each button.

I believe I play mine out loud on 7-8, and around 5-6 when I play through my headphones.

#9092 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

[quoted image]

I don't hear any hiss through mine. I had stock speakers when I installed the Pinsound, and now have flipper fidelity setup with an external sub. No hissing either way. I wish I had some insight to offer, but I'm not sure why that would be happening.

#9093 1 year ago

Hey all! I'm still trying to figure out this little issue below. I did a switch test and the ramp entry optos were registering. It clearly recognizes the ball going up the left ramp and gives me the first half of the graphic / sound, but it doesn't count the ramp toward bats or give the count etc.

Here is a video of it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gwy1sb2x7sm6vfc/IMG_2870.MOV?dl=0

Many thanks if anyone else has any other thoughts!

G

Quoted from Luckdragon100:

Hey BSD gang! I was changing my flippers and fiddling around a bit under the playfield and something weird is happening now.
When I hit the ball up the left ramp, the sound effect triggers and I see the DMD graphic of the hallway with the candles, but it doesn't zoom in and give me the ramp count. Bats also doesn't trigger after 3 ramps.
It doesn't SEEM to be a ramp switch issue, because Castle Lock graphics and function work perfectly. Also, the DMD graphic works perfectly if I hit the ball softer up the ramp and it goes to the "Secret Passage" area.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks! G

IMG_2868 (resized).jpegIMG_2868 (resized).jpeg
#9094 1 year ago

Hey all! I'm still trying to figure out this little issue below. I did a switch test and the ramp entry optos were registering. It clearly recognizes the ball going up the left ramp and gives me the first half of the graphic / sound, but it doesn't count the ramp toward bats or give the count etc.
Here is a video of it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gwy1sb2x7sm6vfc/IMG_2870.MOV?dl=0
G
[quoted image]

There are actually two ramp switches. The entrance switch is an opto, and the exit switch is a micro switch (upper right corner). My guess is that the problem is with the exit switch. If it isn't registering at all in switch test, it could be broken, or it could just be a connection issue. Check the wires and the connector under the playfield. If the switch is registering during switch test but not during a game, the actuator may need to be slightly adjusted. Try tweaking it and then testing it with a ball.

#9095 1 year ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Nice! Congratulations on the upgrade. Connect an external sub to it and you’ll get sucked into the action even more.
Hissing sound isn’t normal, so maybe someone with stock speakers and Pinsound can chime in. Also review all connectors that were involved and experiment with your board’s EQ knobs.
When I go through my adjustments I have no sound other than the beep tones you hear as you press each button.
I believe I play mine out loud on 7-8, and around 5-6 when I play through my headphones.

Ok... I was selling my BSD, now I am SERIOUSLY considering keeping it and dropping this mix into it.

So much for saving money...

#9096 1 year ago

G
[quoted image]

Quoted from gweempose:

There are actually two ramp switches. The entrance switch is an opto, and the exit switch is a micro switch (upper right corner). My guess is that the problem is with the exit switch. If it isn't registering at all in switch test, it could be broken, or it could just be a connection issue. Check the wires and the connector under the playfield. If the switch is registering during switch test but not during a game, the actuator may need to be slightly adjusted. Try tweaking it and then testing it with a ball.

I would also suggest the exit switch is most likely the issue. Also make sure the exit switch doesn't simply need adjusting.

#9097 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Ok... I was selling my BSD, now I am SERIOUSLY considering keeping it and dropping this mix into it.
So much for saving money...

Good decision. I'm about to drop a version that explores the curious case of Lucy Westenra. Just putting some finishing touches on it.

It will act as a side mission to the main mix, which is listed on Pinsound as Expanded Mix - Dracula v2. Players can go from battling Dracula and his concubines to trying to save poor Lucy's soul from ball to ball or each game. There's some crossover foundational sounds/songs between the two, but there's a lot of killer material I purposely left out of the Dracula mix as it pertains more to Lucy's plight. She'll have her own intro music and launch sounds so you can always distinguish which mix you're on, among other changes.

If I keep pushing on it, I'm hoping to have a good enough version to release in the coming days, maybe even tonight or tomorrow.
ElDTkFfX0AAq-tf (resized).jpgElDTkFfX0AAq-tf (resized).jpg

#9098 1 year ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Good decision. I'm about to drop a version that explores the curious case of Lucy Westenra. Just putting some finishing touches on it.
It will act as a side mission to the main mix, which is listed on Pinsound as Expanded Mix - Dracula v2. Players can go from battling Dracula and his concubines to trying to save poor Lucy's soul from ball to ball or each game. There's some crossover foundational sounds/songs between the two, but there's a lot of killer material I purposely left out of the Dracula mix as it pertains more to Lucy's plight. She'll have her own intro music and launch sounds so you can always distinguish which mix you're on, among other changes.
If I keep pushing on it, I'm hoping to have a good enough version to release in the coming days, maybe even tonight or tomorrow.
[quoted image]

Please post a video! I’m still trying to figure out this hissing noise I’m getting

#9099 1 year ago

Here's a video showing the second Pinsound installment, Expanded Mix - Lucy v2, exploring the horrible condition of poor little Lucy.

This is a sample game that covered a lot of ground, although the camera angle isn't the greatest and it's mid-day. I avoided hitting the skill shot to hear as many coffin shots as possible. The credit dot is the "check under shooter ramp" switch that pops up every once in a while, so not affecting play.

This mix is meant to be paired with the Dracula version just released, Expanded Mix - Dracula v2, with the intention to flip between battling Dracula and the concubines to then racing to solve Lucy's affliction ball to ball or each game.

Lucy's mix features her own intro music, launch sounds, and mid-game phrases, so you'll always know which mix you're on when switching or prior to launching into the game. Lucy has her own video target sounds, video mode intros, a unique full coffin shot/lock/jackpot sequence, her own castle locks/jackpot sequences, and more. You'll hear less Dracula, more Lucy and the doctors racing to save her.

The coffin shots detail Lucy's experience turning into a vampire, and each shot has multiple sounds to choose from that fit the phase of transformation it represents. First shot is the episode of the werewolf attacking her. Second shot is her reacting to the attack. Third shot is her describing new sensations. Fourth shot is an outburst that is clear evidence she's different and dangerous. Final shot is the coffin opening. Ball locks, stake hits, and the jackpot are all new and all Lucy.

I should have Lucy ready for consumption any day now. Just a few more tweaks. And as usual, there so much the video doesn't show, as each action can have multiple sounds to choose from, so you'll have to explore it.

#9100 1 year ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Here's a video showing the second Pinsound installment, Expanded Mix - Lucy v2, exploring the horrible condition of poor little Lucy.
This is a sample game that covered a lot of ground, although the camera angle isn't the greatest and it's mid-day. I avoided hitting the skill shot to hear as many coffin shots as possible. The credit dot is the "check under shooter ramp" switch that pops up every once in a while, so not affecting play.
This mix is meant to be paired with the Dracula version just released, Expanded Mix - Dracula v2, with the intention to flip between battling Dracula and the concubines to then racing to solve Lucy's affliction ball to ball or each game.
Lucy's mix features her own intro music, launch sounds, and mid-game phrases, so you'll always know which mix you're on when switching or prior to launching into the game. Lucy has her own video target sounds, video mode intros, a unique full coffin shot/lock/jackpot sequence, her own castle locks/jackpot sequences, and more. You'll hear less Dracula, more Lucy and the doctors racing to save her.
The coffin shots detail Lucy's experience turning into a vampire, and each shot has multiple sounds to choose from that fit the phase of transformation it represents. First shot is the episode of the werewolf attacking her. Second shot is her reacting to the attack. Third shot is her describing new sensations. Fourth shot is an outburst that is clear evidence she's different and dangerous. Final shot is the coffin opening. Ball locks, stake hits, and the jackpot are all new and all Lucy.
I should have Lucy ready for consumption any day now. Just a few more tweaks. And as usual, there so much the video doesn't show, as each action can have multiple sounds to choose from, so you'll have to explore it.

Amazing work. So much atmosphere!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,145 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/182?hl=asmig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.