IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg
20240314_090424 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240310_205042362 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,141 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 223.
#9001 2 years ago
Quoted from paulie484:

try this post (if i have pasted correctly)
launch ball button comes apart quite easily, print on normal paper and add filter if needed....great little mod !

Thanks mate!

#9002 2 years ago

Got my custom painted plastics back, really happy with them. If anyone needs a painter scott is quick and a real pro.
[email protected]

4E2E9EB1-72DC-4D8E-80AE-48EF1E41CB2A (resized).jpeg4E2E9EB1-72DC-4D8E-80AE-48EF1E41CB2A (resized).jpeg6D7E1F23-5160-454E-97B8-44F042318743 (resized).jpeg6D7E1F23-5160-454E-97B8-44F042318743 (resized).jpeg7C69E9A3-A476-43C1-85CE-4FF56C2C80C2 (resized).jpeg7C69E9A3-A476-43C1-85CE-4FF56C2C80C2 (resized).jpegA24CB018-1AE0-486B-A46C-3A8C6ECB8342 (resized).jpegA24CB018-1AE0-486B-A46C-3A8C6ECB8342 (resized).jpegAC1235BA-8A2A-463E-8134-A85A970FABB5 (resized).jpegAC1235BA-8A2A-463E-8134-A85A970FABB5 (resized).jpegFE2E0CBA-B43A-4709-87DB-6C46AFDAF45E (resized).jpegFE2E0CBA-B43A-4709-87DB-6C46AFDAF45E (resized).jpeg
#9003 2 years ago

Hi guys,

Had opportunity to buy one Drac' last month.

I have a lot of projects for it, i love this pin !

Here is the first thing i take care on : my Bat Creature Tomb Mod

Let me know what you think about it

20220317_123621 (resized).jpg20220317_123621 (resized).jpg20220317_123631 (resized).jpg20220317_123631 (resized).jpg20220317_131321 (resized).jpg20220317_131321 (resized).jpg
#9004 2 years ago
Quoted from November:

Hi guys,

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's incredible! Great work.

Next question is, of course, will you be making these available to purchase?

-Zee

#9005 2 years ago
Quoted from November:

Hi guys,

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is awesome!

#9006 2 years ago
Quoted from November:

my Bat Creature Tomb Mod

Wow. Well done!

I want my Ron Jeremy to pop out with a smoking jacket on.

#9007 2 years ago
Quoted from Zee:

That's incredible! Great work.
Next question is, of course, will you be making these available to purchase?
-Zee

Hi Zee, Sorry but i didn't planned to produce that. If i change my mind i'll tell you guys

#9008 2 years ago

When I first saw the game, I was waiting for something to happen with the coffin (other than lighting). Even just the lid flipping open would have satisfied me. This is awesome!

#9009 2 years ago

Can somebody please take a picture like this of theor machine. Am I missing something on mine?

20220319_132937 (resized).jpg20220319_132937 (resized).jpg20220319_132944 (resized).jpg20220319_132944 (resized).jpg
#9010 2 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

Can somebody please take a picture like this of theor machine. Am I missing something on mine?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Not sure what you're looking for but it looks like you're missing rubbers underneath the left ramp.

20220319_175940 (resized).jpg20220319_175940 (resized).jpg
#9011 2 years ago
2CC45EA7-7C6D-4DC1-AB84-2D63FBA74FCD (resized).jpeg2CC45EA7-7C6D-4DC1-AB84-2D63FBA74FCD (resized).jpegA0A34438-001E-4BFD-A9C8-3F0D4DAFAE25 (resized).jpegA0A34438-001E-4BFD-A9C8-3F0D4DAFAE25 (resized).jpeg
#9012 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from roffels:

Not sure what you're looking for but it looks like you're missing rubbers underneath the left ramp.[quoted image]

Thank you very much

#9013 2 years ago

I made some more solid progress on the bottom side today. Almost ready for the wire harness to go back in.

20220320_213238 (resized).jpg20220320_213238 (resized).jpg
#9014 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Son of a........ and I'm in the middle of a playfield swap right now. Do you have any rough eta?

Did you get an answer ? My BSD is dead in the water until I get a centre ramp.

#9015 2 years ago

Did you get an answer ? My BSD is dead in the water until I get a centre ramp.

No sir, I suppose I should probably PM him.

#9016 2 years ago

Dracula is a complex game. Cool to see all the hardware before wiring harness installed.
Thanks for the pic!

#9017 2 years ago

Not mine, but sure would make a nice topper.
e744905b184e66a0e1542f719da59cf7178fb49e (resized).jpge744905b184e66a0e1542f719da59cf7178fb49e (resized).jpg

#9018 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Not mine, but sure would make a nice topper.
[quoted image]

Where did you find that pic? That looks so good!

#9019 2 years ago

Has anyone thought of a mod that would light when there's two balls in castle lock ?

The coffin lock lights are great for reference (especially the Mezel Mod torches !) how cool would it be to see the castle eyes light up or similar on each ball lock ?

Would this be difficult as there's no physical notification in the game (apart from the dmd) ? Or is this part of a standard pinball thing, there's a certain element of having to remember the state of play ?

#9020 2 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Where did you find that pic? That looks so good!

A friend of mine sent it to me.

#9021 2 years ago

Recently my BSD started exhibiting some strange behavior, with a castle lock 1 opto and left ramp entry opto opening and closing repeatedly during test and during a game, and the auto launch coil is repeatedly firing. These hadn’t been any issue prior until all of them were. Anyone think they know what it might be? I had a diode go out in the right sling, but that was replaced and fixed it. After that, these new things appeared. Any help is appreciated!

#9022 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Recently my BSD started exhibiting some strange behavior, with a castle lock 1 opto and left ramp entry opto opening and closing repeatedly during test and during a game, and the auto launch coil is repeatedly firing. These hadn’t been any issue prior until all of them were. Anyone think they know what it might be? I had a diode go out in the right sling, but that was replaced and fixed it. After that, these new things appeared. Any help is appreciated!

The left entry opto, and castle opto share a row on the switch matrix, but the auto launch and right sling have nothing in common with those

Screenshot_20220324-152638_Drive (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220324-152638_Drive (resized).jpg
#9023 2 years ago

The left entry opto, and castle opto share a row on the switch matrix, but the auto launch and right sling have nothing in common with those
[quoted image]

Thanks, Scribbles. I’ll check the connections and maybe U20? I wonder what would cause the auto-launch to randomly fire. Even when the game is sitting idle in attract mode, it fires. So odd. For the first 2 years this game was 100% glitchless.

#9024 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Thanks, Scribbles. I’ll check the connections and maybe U20? I wonder what would cause the auto-launch to randomly fire. Even when the game is sitting idle in attract mode, it fires. So odd. For the first 2 years this game was 100% glitchless.

If it's firing while sitting idle, it's probably thinking there's a ball in the shooter lane and it's trying to clear it. I'd carefully inspect the entire area where you were working. I bet it turns out to be something simple.

#9025 2 years ago

If it's firing while sitting idle, it's probably thinking there's a ball in the shooter lane and it's trying to clear it. I'd carefully inspect the entire area where you were working. I bet it turns out to be something simple.

I will do that, thanks. By way of history, I had a diode fail on a slingshot switch. That was replaced, and the sling works fine. It was immediately after that these new glitches appeared. Something must have happened. If a diode is the wrong value, or backward, could it have caused damage to the board on power up?

#9026 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I will do that, thanks. By way of history, I had a diode fail on a slingshot switch. That was replaced, and the sling works fine. It was immediately after that these new glitches appeared. Something must have happened. If a diode is the wrong value, or backward, could it have caused damage to the board on power up?

Value on a diode isn't critical like a resistor. It just needs to be able to handle the current that flows through it (which isn't much in this situation). The diode just allows current to flow in one direction, and not the other. Honestly, I'm not sure what would happen if it were backwards. You could compare it's orientation with the left sling to double check. But, I doubt the sling would work if it were backwards. I'm no expert by any means, I just have enough basic electronics knowledge to mess crap up!

#9027 2 years ago

Slowly getting the beast back together.

20220324_233313 (resized).jpg20220324_233313 (resized).jpg
#9028 2 years ago

[quoted image]

That pf is like a mirror!

#9029 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Any word on those new Ramps ?

#9030 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

That pf is like a mirror!

Indeed it is! I have to say, I'm impressed by this Mirco playfield. It's my first experience with one. Re assembly has went very quickly due in large part to the pre drilled dimples being almost exactly where they need to be. I've only run into a few instances where I had to relocate the hole for a mechanism or post. I should clarify I'm not talking about major holes, just dimple marks that guide me as to where screws go and such. The two CPR playfields I've done were nice playfields, but almost every single dimple was incorrect. Some by as much as 3/16". That's not a criticism, just a fact, and their website says that's to be expected.

Any word on those new Ramps ?

Yes, I emailed Starship, and was told, "no time soon". Along with some explanation as to.why. Very nice folks, but also very busy. So, if you're waiting on some, you're in for a looong wait.

#9031 2 years ago

Actually, there up next but can take up to 6 months.

#9032 2 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Actually, there up next but can take up to 6 months.

Great news; my BSD is unplayable due to the centre ramp. 6 months is awesome; I’ll be playing it again by the end of 22, sweet. thanks for keeping 90’s pinball alive. Immeasurable appreciation

#9033 2 years ago

. I've only run into a few instances where I had to relocate the hole for a mechanism or post.

Ya, my PPS repro F-14 playfield had several dimples off. The worst one was the pop bumper stack switch out of position. It was a major PITA to get it right! This is the worst part of doing a playfield swap. And I just finished my Gorgar Hard Top installation, and that is no cake walk either, although easier for sure.

#9034 2 years ago

Fellow Vampyre Hunters,

Linked below is the latest Pinsound mix, the Expanded Mix - Dracula V2.

Here is the Pinsound link for the new mix: https://www.pinsound-community.org/index.php?/files/file/379-bsd-expanded-mix/

Thank you for the patience. After being prompted for an update, I felt compelled to tackle my built-up list of to-do’s and ideas before re-releasing it. I’ve sifted through the movie again for a lot more call-outs, added a killer new song to Rats, and built-upon, replaced or re-cut a lot of existing sounds. Everything stems from the film and it’s official score, and I try to stay true to the movie, even if it's a struggle to find the right sound.

This mix focuses on Dracula and the concubines vs Van Helsing. From here, I will start polishing the Lucy edition, which focuses on Lucy’s terrible condition transforming into a vampire. After that, I will likely make a final update to Dracula once and for all.

What I love about the mixes is that nearly every action has multiple songs or call-outs to choose from, all selected/edited for cohesion together and for the theme of the moment. Some actions in the game have anywhere from 3 to 5, 15 or 25 songs to choose from, while most actions with call-outs range from 1 to 5 options to cycle through.

The rollovers act as Drac pulling you into the castle. The 2 sets of spot targets are the concubines. Slings and left ramp you're dealing with the castle spirits. The Right orbit and drop target is full of wolves and growls. The altar consists of rats and bad memories, etc. etc. etc.

The music you hear throughout the mix is from the original soundtrack and it’s unreleased bonus tracks, but also from dozens of alternates, B and C side songs they used in the movie that did not make the soundtrack. All tracks are purchased, officially licensed, high quality copies that I was super lucky to stumble upon.

Wojciech Kilar’s music score for this is incredibly beautiful, and music played a big role in the creation of the movie, so I tried to lean into that when choosing sounds for certain things.

Please enjoy, and for the dead travel fast...

I RECOMMEND:

- Watch the movie. You will connect some dots on the sounds chosen, and enjoy the mix more if you did.

- Use a sub with the game to get the full audio experience. I have all Pyle speakers wired for stereo, with an external sub, and my volume is usually set to 7 or 8.

- Clear your Pinsound thumb drive completely, not just drag the last mix to the trash, but a quick and easy reformat/erase to wipe all unseen saved data. Google your thumb drive and computer type to learn how.

- After you’re cleared, drop the zip file of the mix directly into your reformatted/erased thumb drive, and simply plug it into the game, turn on for processing. If you get an error sound, let it go and on the third warning it should proceed through the upload.

- Switching the ‘Volume Change’ setting #8 in the Feature Adjustments menu to ‘No’. This helps avoid the game making random volume peaks and lows I’m not fond of. I think it sounds great with this set to off.
DRxHvT1 (resized).jpgDRxHvT1 (resized).jpg

#9035 2 years ago

Here are some games I filmed over the weekend to show the mix in action while continuing to tweak it. Pardon the shooting. I stumbled into a triple stack on the one video, but just couldn't stick the Castle Jackpot. The new sounds there are intense. It'll be a surprise when you all get it.

#9036 2 years ago

Legend, going to try this! My BSD has the previous mix and it just makes the game. Sometimes I switch back to the original for a laugh and bit of nostalgia, but if you want the immersive experience this is it. Can't wait to try this new one. Thanks.

#9037 2 years ago

davebart5 I was listing my BSD for possible trade but after hearing your updated mix, I just don't think I can let the game go. That mix MAKES a great game truly great. Awesome awesome job!

#9038 2 years ago

Thank you sir, you rock !
My pinsound is coming this week, i guess it's a very good timing !

#9039 2 years ago

Let me know if anyone has issues uploading or if sounds are missing. One thing I noticed, is that around 10% completed, the game will say "error during zip extraction". It will say it three times before moving on and completing the processing in full. Other than that, the file sounds phenomenal in my machine.

I plan to email Pinsound about it.

#9040 2 years ago

Anyone here have some NOS plastics for sale? I've got a couple broken ones I'd like to change.

#9041 2 years ago

Just played the new sound code thanks davebart. Loving it. Seems like even some of the existing ones sound cleaned up, like the chain clang of the left ramp I hear more. Loving the whole thing, and will probably toggle between it and the previous one. Actually I sometimes revert to original just for nostalgia

#9042 2 years ago

The problem with my BSD I described above all appeared suddenly after a minor repair to a board. I couldn’t figure out why several things would suddenly go wrong. I went back to the board and found the cause. I love when the solution is easy.

92B7172F-4149-4937-81BC-73ABD6F250F8 (resized).png92B7172F-4149-4937-81BC-73ABD6F250F8 (resized).png
#9043 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

The problem with my BSD I described above all appeared suddenly after a minor repair to a board. I couldn’t figure out why several things would suddenly go wrong. I went back to the board and found the cause. I love when the solution is easy.
[quoted image]

That will do it!! I just fired mine up after a playfield swap and had no GI, and a couple errors. Turns out I had a ribbon cable plugged in misaligned Now I gotta figure out why my left mist gate solenoid isn't firing, and I'm getting a right ramp up error even though it works in coil test.....

#9044 2 years ago

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Suddenly, my 3 GI lamps for the rollover lanes have stopped working. All was good, then I installed some cliffys.....nowhere near those lamps...turned my machine back on. And now they don't work. I went I to test mode and ran all lights and flashers.

Thoughts???

20220331_230332 (resized).jpg20220331_230332 (resized).jpg
#9045 2 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Suddenly, my 3 GI lamps for the rollover lanes have stopped working. All was good, then I installed some cliffys.....nowhere near those lamps...turned my machine back on. And now they don't work. I went I to test mode and ran all lights and flashers.
Thoughts??

Break in the daisy chain? Game was off most likely when putting in the cliffys but otherwise fuse possibly? I've had that string not work for me but I fried a connector. I'll have to look but maybe J120..

#9046 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Break in the daisy chain? Game was off most likely when putting in the cliffys but otherwise fuse possibly? I've had that string not work for me but I fried a connector. I'll have to look but maybe J120..

I could not see any breaks in the daisy chain. Machine was off when I installed the cliffys. Once I powered back on, I didn't notice at first. I did finally notice the lights were not working because I had previously attached a cemetery light. This was hooked up to one of the GI Lamps mentioned above. I noticed the cemetery light was not working. Thats when I notice those 3 lamps were not working.

#9047 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

It is important that people reading this post in the future looking for potential solutions to problems do not get misinformed.

If the implication in your image is that you inserted the connectors for J133, J134 and J135 incorrectly then that is NOT the cause for your problem. These three headers are electrically identical (you can use any of them for any connector).

wpc89_J133-J135.jpgwpc89_J133-J135.jpg

If your problem disappeared then you must have done something else without realizing it because swapping those connectors will not make a difference.

#9048 2 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

It is important that people reading this post in the future looking for potential solutions to problems do not get misinformed.
If the implication in your image is that you inserted the connectors for J133, J134 and J135 incorrectly then that is NOT the cause for your problem. These three headers are electrically identical (you can use any of them for any connector).
[quoted image]
If your problem disappeared then you must have done something else without realizing it because swapping those connectors will not make a difference.

I appreciate that clarification. I actually wondered if those two headers were interchangeable, as the person who swapped them is definitely qualified. I simply noticed all the errors and glitches went away when I switched them back. But that’s important to know. Maybe it means something wasn’t seated properly? Because those are the only two things I did, switch those 2 connectors and reseat everything on the board. Thanks very much for explaining that.

#9049 2 years ago

Hold on a second. It is entirely possible that moving the connector toto another header fixed the problem. Over the decades, these pins get less bouncy and the headers get hotter due to increased resistance across the pin and header. As the header gets hotter, it causes more heat and more resistace. It is possible that the connection had so much resistance, the voltage dropped enough to cause the problem/. Also, one of the pins on the original header may have had a cracked solder joint.

#9050 2 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Hold on a second. It is entirely possible that moving the connector toto another header fixed the problem. Over the decades, these pins get less bouncy and the headers get hotter due to increased resistance across the pin and header. As the header gets hotter, it causes more heat and more resistace. It is possible that the connection had so much resistance, the voltage dropped enough to cause the problem/. Also, one of the pins on the original header may have had a cracked solder joint.

Thanks for that insight too. I am tempted to switch them back as a test to see if the problems return, but it’s working 100% and I don’t want to tempt fate. Either way, it’s been error-free for a couple days since reseating the connectors and switching J134 and J135 back. I can’t explain it, but I’ll take it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 5.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,141 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/181?hl=moomert1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.