20220118_195824 (resized).jpg
20220118_195511 (resized).jpg
20220118_195457 (resized).jpg
3B358E29-0851-421C-9D94-4FF8D8D2272A (resized).jpeg
EFA719BF-9CE1-4025-A718-FA0F2463D3E6 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20220801-204228_Brave (resized).jpg
22705 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,322 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 187.
#8801 6 months ago

Does anyone have a count on how many optic sets are used in BSD? I'm going to replace mine when I do my playfield swap. These guys.

Screenshot_20220119-113918_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#8802 6 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Does anyone have a count on how many optic sets are used in BSD? I'm going to replace mine when I do my playfield swap. These guys.

According to the parts list -- 4 of each

https://www.ipdb.org/files/3072/Williams_1993_Bram_Stoker_s_Dracula_Parts_List.txt

#8803 6 months ago

[quoted image]

I just replaced the mist optos on mine which were 2 pairs plus the castle locks which are 3 pairs and I think there’s at least 2 more pairs for the video mode loop and the left ramp.

#8804 6 months ago
Quoted from dddanielll:

I just replaced the mist optos on mine which were 2 pairs plus the castle locks which are 3 pairs and I think there’s at least 2 more pairs for the video mode loop and the left ramp.

What about the long-throw opto for mist?

I think some of the poppers/upkicks use optos as well.

#8805 6 months ago
Quoted from dddanielll:

Quoted from roffels:

What about the long-throw opto for mist?
I think some of the poppers/upkicks use optos as well.

Lol, I knew it was a bunch, but man!! Maybe I'll just order about 10 sets and have spares

#8806 6 months ago

Lol, I knew it was a bunch, but man!! Maybe I'll just order about 10 sets and have spares

Not a bad thing to have on hand. You can also keep the housing from your old optos and just replace the boards to save a little. Or just focus on replacing the transmitters since those are most likely to fail.

#8807 6 months ago

Well, the cab is coming along nicely. Here's a look at the good side of the RadCals. I'm thrilled with the powder coat color. It appears black at a glance, but when the light hits it right, it's full of purple and blue metallic flake. Very subtle and looks great with the new color scheme.

20220118_195457 (resized).jpg20220118_195511 (resized).jpg20220118_195634 (resized).jpg20220118_195744 (resized).jpg20220118_195824 (resized).jpg
#8808 6 months ago

I'm generally not a fan of powder coating, but that metallic flake on black looks great.

#8809 6 months ago

Yeah - the powder coating looks good!

Do the cab protectors wrinkle that decal when you put the legs on?

#8810 6 months ago
Quoted from GoodManners:

Yeah - the powder coating looks good!
Do the cab protectors wrinkle that decal when you put the legs on?

No, they're RadCals, not decals. They're a rigid plastic laminate with adhesive backing. I imagine it would be very difficult to shift them.

#8811 6 months ago

Radcals have cutouts around where the legs go. If you use the metal leg standoffs instead then nothing touches the Radcal.

An installation issue to watch out for is how tight you do the bolts; too tight and you'll "dent" the RadCal from the bolt head.

#8812 6 months ago

Well, the cab is coming along nicely. Here's a look at the good side of the RadCals. I'm thrilled with the powder coat color. It appears black at a glance, but when the light hits it right, it's full of purple and blue metallic flake. Very subtle and looks great with the new color scheme.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those Radcals are nice. Your BSD looks amazing.

#8813 6 months ago

If you use the Pinball Life steel cab protectors, use two sets together or you will cut the decals with the Williams system 11 legs. It happened on my F14 after I installed new decals. They are too thin. You will need longer screws to install them.

#8814 6 months ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Coming along great! I love the glossy look of newly installed Radcals. Looks so classy and just pops when installed. Fading is such a common issue on BSD art, the full color really stands out too. Love the black with sparkle powder coat too, it’s looking awesome!

#8815 6 months ago

Dude, MINT. Nice work, going to be so rewarding when you're done. I bet the first game will be a cracker

#8816 6 months ago

The ole harbor freight transmission lift

#8817 6 months ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

1000 Lb. Capacity Hydraulic Table Cart

https://www.harborfreight.com/1000-lb-capacity-hydraulic-table-cart-60438.html

Added 6 months ago:

$100.00 cheaper version of cart above.... https://www.harborfreight.com/500-lb-capacity-hydraulic-table-cart-61405.html

**Plenty good enough for home use!

#8818 6 months ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Yes indeed!! That thing works like a champ!!! I love it. I can rotate and move the machine effortlessly as I work. I bought the smaller weight capacity model. The bigger one is overkill.

#8819 6 months ago

I'm officialy new in the club, finally.

20220121_224329 (resized).jpg20220122_084651 (resized).jpg
#8820 6 months ago

One bit of trivia about the radcals…the original decals don’t line up properly at the corners so the radcal front is ‘zoomed’ a bit so it lines up. But the Dracula logo was not repositioned so it doesn’t sit centered on the start button. You win some, you lose some…

#8821 6 months ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

One bit of trivia about the radcals…the original decals don’t line up properly at the corners so the radcal front is ‘zoomed’ a bit so it lines up. But the Dracula logo was not repositioned so it doesn’t sit centered on the start button. You win some, you lose some…

I did indeed notice that the red dracula logo was enlarged on the radcal vs. The machine. I guess that explains it. No matter, I'm quite impressed with the gravity (besides the one head panel having a purple tinge to it).

#8822 6 months ago
Quoted from November:

I'm officialy new in the club, finally.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I wish I had a Congo!

#8823 6 months ago

Congo is a really fun game. I traded a really nice Fish Tales for a restored Congo with new playfield, ocd board, color DMD. It was really nice. I love the shots on Congo. The ramp shot through the pops is killer, and the volcano spitting out balls for multiball is wicked too. One of the hardest and least seen video modes too (at least for me!) I missed my Fish Tales and later bought another. I sold Congo to a friend and I miss it.

#8824 6 months ago

I’m in da club! Such a fun game.Color DMD and speaker upgrade ordered along with side art. Must have upgrades for any pin. Out of space in the game room so she’s in the basement for now.

3073E772-11D4-4162-B38D-039EA6ADF0D0 (resized).jpegA0B118E9-8540-4F6F-AD4A-A026F3611E33 (resized).jpeg

#8825 6 months ago

#8826 6 months ago
Quoted from Flash71:

I’m in da club! Such a fun game.Color DMD and speaker upgrade ordered along with side art. Must have upgrades for any pin. Out of space in the game room so she’s in the basement for now.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Did you talk with Ozzie about getting this?

#8827 6 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Did you talk with Ozzie about getting this?

Not this title. I got it from Barry at Pocketeers. Are you the one who bought Twister from Ozzie ?

#8828 6 months ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Not this title. I got it from Barry at Pocketeers. Are you the one who bought Twister from Ozzie ?

I’m not but we recently talked about that one. I played that BSD over the summer just to compare it to mine. Seemed to play well. Let me know if you have any questions or looking for parts. Maybe I can help!

#8829 6 months ago

Greetings, hoping someone can help point me in the right direction. I recently picked up a #BSD at Christmas and have started the top side tear down process to clean it up. While troubleshooting the long range opto for mist I noticed a wood screw poking up in the playfield behind the left mist gate, yikes! When looking closer at my mist motor mount underneath the playfield, it looks like someone retro-fitted another motor and gearbox from another game (Monster Bash?) with two scrap pieces of metal and wood screws.

I can purchase the correct Dracula motor and gearbox from Marco here: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/14-7981 but unfortunately I also need the motor mount which I see listed here: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-16050 as "Item 1 - 01-11086 - Motor Mounting Bracket" and generally seems unavailable.

Anyone have one for sale or know where to get one? Also, if I had access to another motor mount, I could fabricate a replacement...

Dracula_Motor_Mount (resized).jpgDracula_Motor_Sadness (resized).jpg
#8830 6 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I’m not but we recently talked about that one. I played that BSD over the summer just to compare it to mine. Seemed to play well. Let me know if you have any questions or looking for parts. Maybe I can help!

Right on ! GO BILLS!!!

#8831 6 months ago
Quoted from s000m:

Hi all,
I recently purchased a Bram Stoker's Dracula and have had issues with it unfortunately from day 1.
I have managed to resolve many of the issues. But a major one (or potentially many, depending how you look at it) remain.
For context I live in the UK (RE the voltage amendment)
Issues resolved so far:
- Slingshot arms replaced (snapped links)
- Wrong Voltage set (was set to 218v instead of 230v)
- Village VUK spitting out and spinning the ball into the outlane (badly bent wireframe)
- Missing Hex post on Coffin wireframe return
- Numerous other quirks such as snapped (or cut?) wires on stand up targets and very old and knackered stand up targets.
- Replaced Worn armatures (Rods for the VUKS)
- Mist multiball was disabled apparently due to a popping fuse, this was replaced with the correct fuse but was never turned back on. I've re-enabled and all seems fine.
---- The Remaining Issue(s) ----
At present I get air balls, especially up the main ramp. Sometimes it goes up at such a speed it flys above the ramp.
I get the strongest feeling too much power is being fed to the flippers.
I've done coil and sleeve replacements on the Autolauncher, Both flipper assemblies and the Village and Asylum VUK's.
VUK ejections are also very strong. For instance coming out of the Rat VUK the balls eject at quite a speed as does the Asylum VUK where it spits out so hard it often ejects into the right outlane.
Mystery shots are hard if I shoot from the right flipper it hits the metal at the back at such a pace that the ball hops back over the hole.
When the diverter on the ramp kicks in to intiate the castle lock the ball will often fall off the wireframe.
See video:
For referance this is the coil setup:
Flippers: FL-15411
Asylum VUK: AE-23-800
Village VUK: AE-26-1200
I followed the manual on replacement. The existing coils were the same but some were really beat up (see pictures).
The Power driver board is a rottendog board. I have heard these boards are touch and go with regards to reliability. Could this board be over volting the coils?
There are quite a fair few mods on this machine.
- Pinsound Plus
- Undercabinet lighting (cointaker I believe?)
- Additional flasher for the graveyard area
- Slingshot star post lights
All lights are LED including the backbox.
Pitch of the machine is currently sitting around 6.5. I have had it as high as 6.8 and as low as 6. No real change to the air ball issues, improvements to the Mystery shot at the highest pitch however.
The solution may just be to put in weaker coils but I feel this is just disguising the issue.
Any help truly appreciated.
Scott[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Resolved by issue by stepping down the flipper coils to FL-11630's. Can still make all shots even back hand coffin ramp etc. Just without balls flying everywhere. Seems like quite a few BSD's shipped from the production line with these at any rate. Consider the matter closed/resolved for me.

#8832 6 months ago

Posting soon, Pinsound Neo Plus/W Head Phone Jack. Installed then removed. $275+ shipping so I hear it’s great with BSD

#8833 6 months ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Posting soon, Pinsound Neo Plus/W Head Phone Jack. Installed then removed. $275+ shipping so I hear it’s great with BSD

PM sent

#8834 6 months ago

Hey guys,

My BSD has been losing power for a few seconds and then resetting as I press the launch ball. It may have done it during game play as well, but more noticeable when first starting a game. Any suggestions on what to look for in fixing this issue?

Thanks

#8836 6 months ago

Well one of the screws on the board wasn't making contact all the way, hopefully it was just a grounding issue. Seems to be playing fine right now.

#8837 6 months ago

Finally in the club. It looks like no matter what you do to this pin or how you choose to color it, it comes out looking fantastic. I’m going to play it for awhile before adding lights, rubbers and a few mods. The coffin mod looks sick.

DA236A21-E95D-4EBD-A7D3-509BE013D54D (resized).jpeg
#8838 6 months ago

I've been trying my best to clean and rebuild this BSD I purchased a month back. It was routed then left in storage. This from under the PF. So dirty and now clean. It ain't much but it's honest work.

B6308EA9-9AD9-43B0-A005-FB9D1BE51720 (resized).jpegC2EED43C-24FB-4758-9ABB-F75B0357E34C (resized).jpegE7A3E886-BD6F-471E-A089-F5B0C7CBB0E7 (resized).jpegC9DCEEDB-FAF1-4F9D-B713-DA0DEB6D4F53 (resized).jpeg

#8839 6 months ago

That’ll definitely help keep your play field clean.

#8840 6 months ago
Quoted from Nomad:

I've been trying my best to clean and rebuild this BSD I purchased a month back. It was routed then left in storage. This from under the PF. So dirty and now clean. It ain't much but it's honest work.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What'd you use? They look great!

#8841 6 months ago
Quoted from Jwf_pinball:

What'd you use? They look great!

Thanks! I used Kaboom with oxiclean in it. Rinse and then dry the pieces well.

#8842 6 months ago

I was wondering if anybody has an extra smoke coffin cover plastic they would be willing to part with. Please PM if you’ve got one. Thanks in advance !

#8843 6 months ago

My Mist multi-ball motor is pretty noisy. I’m wondering if there’s some maintenance I can do or maybe give it some oil. Anybody have recommendations.

#8844 6 months ago

Just joined the club!! Always liked playing this game at my friends. Sold 2 key games of mine to buy a different pin (Wonka and twilight) but that sadly fell through. Luckily this game came up from a fellow local pinsider I sold a game to a few years ago and now it is happily in my home for the long run. Game has just about every mod I’d put on it to include the very nice topper, the led ocd for controlled and GI which do IMOA make a nice effect, just never bought it myself, and the amazing piece of work known as pinsound. Love that addition on this game as just about every other pin it supports.

I look forward to going through this forum to see about anything else on this game I may need attention to. Everything works perfectly. Only fault I see is the Elizabeth tombstone, instructions card, and town aren’t lighting up that he installed. Maybe most likely something got disconnected in the move.

Game plays fast and fun. Wife played first game ever and got all multi balls and put up grand champ! What the heck! Beginner’s luck llol.

861548A7-26B4-4ECF-91FD-15424A51BFC4 (resized).jpeg

#8845 6 months ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Just joined the club!! Always liked playing this game at my friends. Sold 2 key games of mine to buy a different pin (Wonka and twilight) but that sadly fell through. Luckily this game came up from a fellow local pinsider I sold a game to a few years ago and now it is happily in my home for the long run. Game has just about every mod I’d put on it to include the very nice topper, the led ocd for controlled and GI which do IMOA make a nice effect, just never bought it myself, and the amazing piece of work known as pinsound. Love that addition on this game as just about every other pin it supports.
I look forward to going through this forum to see about anything else on this game I may need attention to. Everything works perfectly. Only fault I see is the Elizabeth tombstone, instructions card, and town aren’t lighting up that he installed. Maybe most likely something got disconnected in the move.
Game plays fast and fun. Wife played first game ever and got all multi balls and put up grand champ! What the heck! Beginner’s luck llol.
[quoted image]

Love that translite!

#8846 6 months ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

My Mist multi-ball motor is pretty noisy. I’m wondering if there’s some maintenance I can do or maybe give it some oil. Anybody have recommendations.

I put a little silicone lubricant on mine. Both the motors and the plastic rod. I would strongly recommend that if you do it, DO NOT use wd40 or any type of oil. Use 100% silicone lube. It won't gum up or break down and get nasty. It did actually make my mechanism noticeably more quiet.

#8847 6 months ago

I put a little silicone lubricant on mine. Both the motors and the plastic rod. I would strongly recommend that if you do it, DO NOT use wd40 or any type of oil. Use 100% silicone lube. It won't gum up or break down and get nasty. It did actually make my mechanism noticeably more quiet.

Cool, thx Scribbles

#8848 6 months ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

[quoted image]

Cool topper I haven't seen before! Who does that one?

#8849 6 months ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Cool topper I haven't seen before! Who does that one?

Screenshot_20220128-140915_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#8850 6 months ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Just joined the club!!

Where did you get those speaker cover crosses? I love em!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 447.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
There are 9,322 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!