PXL_20240310_205042362 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240310_201837504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240310_205105814 (resized).jpg
20240307_151004 (resized).jpg
20240307_113514 (resized).jpg
P1000806 (resized).JPG
to use (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,120 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 223.
#8751 2 years ago

Just came here to say I'm about 2 years into the hobby. Currently 5 machines in total but have had 12 throughout that time. Took me a while to work out what I liked and didn't like.

I'm onto my second BSD which is a testament to how good it is. Seems that I love simple rules, but I also get bored quickly. BSD challenges me by whipping my arse like 9 out of 10 games, but that 1 in 10 is just poetry when it all comes together. I just adore this, it's by far my favourite game of all time.

#8752 2 years ago

I just was going to give a basic clean but I kept peeling back layers of this onion to find more and more dirt. Excited to get it all cleaned, install new pinbulb.com led kit and pinsound to it. It ain’t much but it’s honest work

F6E5E10A-EB27-4F3D-8942-AFA601B60F87 (resized).jpegF6E5E10A-EB27-4F3D-8942-AFA601B60F87 (resized).jpeg
#8753 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Just came here to say I'm about 2 years into the hobby. Currently 5 machines in total but have had 12 throughout that time. Took me a while to work out what I liked and didn't like.
I'm onto my second BSD which is a testament to how good it is. Seems that I love simple rules, but I also get bored quickly. BSD challenges me by whipping my arse like 9 out of 10 games, but that 1 in 10 is just poetry when it all comes together. I just adore this, it's by far my favourite game of all time.

I definitely relate. I only have two games up and running, but I've rotated through 12. BSD is one of the few games that has kept my interest for the reasons you state. It's going to be a hard one to let go.

#8754 2 years ago

Hi all, I picked up a BSD a while ago that I'm restoring. I am going to convert to LEDs. My understanding is that I need a updated rom chip with WPC LED ghost patch. I don't plan on buying a rom burner so wondering if there is a source for these?

#8755 2 years ago

I have cointaker's in mine and don't get any ghosting...

#8756 2 years ago

Comet LED’s and no Ghosting. No patch.

#8757 2 years ago
Quoted from Fletcher:

My understanding is that I need a updated rom chip with WPC LED ghost patch. I don't plan on buying a rom burner so wondering if there is a source for these?

You have a few options: Non-ghosting LEDs, or regular LEDs with the ROM patch.

OR

Regular LEDs with the regular ROM, but with an LEDOCD board. Personally, I think this is the best route.

I generally don't like the look of LEDs in my games, and the previous owner of my BSD put in regular LEDs in it. The game didn't have any significant ghosting that I could tell (so you might just be able to get by without the patched rom), but I really think that the OCD board is a worthy expenditure.

#8758 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

By any chance would you have a link to the parts needed? (24 board home pin etc.)
Thanks in advance

https://www.pinballlife.com/24-opto-replacement-board-a-15646.html

$89.95

#8759 2 years ago
Quoted from Fletcher:

Hi all, I picked up a BSD a while ago that I'm restoring. I am going to convert to LEDs. My understanding is that I need a updated rom chip with WPC LED ghost patch. I don't plan on buying a rom burner so wondering if there is a source for these?

Comet non ghosting leds is what I use. White in GI, color match on inserts.

#8761 2 years ago

Can anyone tell me if I can still purchase the lady and Keanu plastics shown here?

Also, does anyone have a link to the Vlad “casket” tombstone mod?

8A2C520A-BE55-4150-A69E-7B098B1B443E (resized).jpeg8A2C520A-BE55-4150-A69E-7B098B1B443E (resized).jpeg
#8762 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Can anyone tell me if I can still purchase the lady and Keanu plastics shown here?

In a set - https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1744

LTG : )

#8763 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/dracula-bram-stoker-slingshot-covers.html

#8764 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Not available anymore.

#8765 2 years ago

MISSING KNOCKER ?

Hey there, Just picked up a BSD! Such a great pin in my collection.
Ive added LEDs and Titans and it plays beautiful.
Unfortunately there is NO knocker. Gotta love the sound of a knocker
Im hoping someone can tell me where I should be connecting the wires to??
Im very confused, I've look on my other pins (Bally/williams) but not too sure what board etc I'm meant to be using.
Any help at all would be GREAT!!

Thanks Gav

#8766 2 years ago
Quoted from BigGav:

MISSING KNOCKER ?

Quoted from BigGav:

Assuming your game is set to a country where it's used and not a coin counter.

Your game can tell you.

Go into Tests - Solenoids - scroll through to the knocker coil. Stop there and then hit the start button. Then hitting the "+" or "-" diagnostic buttons you step through solenoid name, fuse, drive transistor, wire colors, and connector number and which pin info.

#8767 2 years ago
Quoted from BigGav:

MISSING KNOCKER ?
Hey there, Just picked up a BSD! Such a great pin in my collection.
Ive added LEDs and Titans and it plays beautiful.
Unfortunately there is NO knocker. Gotta love the sound of a knocker
Im very confused, I've look on my other pins (Bally/williams) but not too sure what board etc I'm meant to be using.
Any help at all would be GREAT!!
Thanks Gav

Not exactly sure what your asking, if your missing the whole assembly or just don't know where it is?
Here is a picture of the upper left corner in the backbox with the knocker and wires...

20220109_195832 (resized).jpg20220109_195832 (resized).jpg
#8769 2 years ago

I added the Pinball life knocker to my JP and Iron Maiden. It is way extremely loud. No shit, thought it may crack my cabinet. I think it needs a weaker coil.

#8770 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

I think it needs a weaker coil.

Or rubber pad where the plunger hits metal.

#8771 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Help with the multi-ball issues.
I’ll explain this the best way I know-how.
When I go into multi-ball mode, the game continues to load balls into the shooter lane and launches them into play continuously even if I drain. (basically multi ball doesn't end and won't time out).
My mist multi ball works as intended (carries ball across playfield) about 10% of the time.
Usually, when I go into mist multiball the balls just come down from the left lane and where ever else they are released from. 90% the ball doesn't travel across the playfeild.

Just throwing it out there, but on my ACNC I had magnetized balls and they would stick together and not sit down properly on the switches in the ball trough. So lost ball confusion.

#8772 2 years ago

Anyone have the Dracula in the crate coffin mod they would like to sell? If not is Brock going to do more of these? Looks like his shop is closed

#8773 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Assuming your game is set to a country where it's used and not a coin counter.
Your game can tell you.
Go into Tests - Solenoids - scroll through to the knocker coil. Stop there and then hit the start button. Then hitting the "+" or "-" diagnostic buttons you step through solenoid name, fuse, drive transistor, wire colors, and connector number and which pin info.

Thank you for your help. I have done that and now following the wires back to where the knocker would be and go from there

#8774 2 years ago
Quoted from Staffan:

Not exactly sure what your asking, if your missing the whole assembly or just don't know where it is?
Here is a picture of the upper left corner in the backbox with the knocker and wires...[quoted image]

Thank you. Im just following the wires and where they would be and going to purchase a new knocker and go from there

#8775 2 years ago

Quoted from McDoom:

[quoted image]

Postage only from Australia and I’ll give ‘em to you. Will have leftover from a plastic set from CPR, decided not to use them in the restore, will have em in a couple weeks to send. PM me if you still want them

#8776 2 years ago
Quoted from BigGav:

Thank you. Im just following the wires and where they would be and going to purchase a new knocker and go from there

This one will work perfectly and it's only AU$22

https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/knr-001.html

knocker (resized).pngknocker (resized).png
#8777 2 years ago
Quoted from pins4u:

This one will work perfectly and it's only AU$22
https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/knr-001.html[quoted image]

Fantastic! only a 20 min drive too, or just get it mailed. I pinched the knocker out of my Gilligans Island and will now replace that one

#8778 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Postage only from Australia and I’ll give ‘em to you. Will have leftover from a plastic set from CPR, decided not to use them in the restore, will have em in a couple weeks to send. PM me if you still want them

Did McDoom take those proto plastics ? If not I would be interested. Lmk! Rob

#8779 2 years ago
Quoted from Fletcher:

I don't think so. You can simply buy non-ghosting bulbs.

#8780 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:Postage only from Australia and I’ll give ‘em to you. Will have leftover from a plastic set from CPR, decided not to use them in the restore, will have em in a couple weeks to send. PM me if you still want them

PM sent, I appreciate it.

Thank you : )

#8781 2 years ago

Hi Guys, bit of a wild punt, I own a BSD but the playfield isn't that great. I'm after a replacement one however the condition of it doesn't need to be mint.

My plan is to send the playfield off for professional repair without being without by beloved BSD to play.

If anyone has one on a wall or pulled from a trashed pin please let me know.

Cheers.

#8782 2 years ago
Quoted from s000m:

Hi Guys, bit of a wild punt, I own a BSD but the playfield isn't that great. I'm after a replacement one however the condition of it doesn't need to be mint.
My plan is to send the playfield off for professional repair without being without by beloved BSD to play.
If anyone has one on a wall or pulled from a trashed pin please let me know.
Cheers.

I actually have a pretty nice one that would be a wonderful restore candidate. I notice you're overseas though. Shipping would be a bitch!!

#8783 2 years ago

Pinsound has arrived!!!!

41DABE77-369E-4038-B83E-BC1FC759F122 (resized).jpeg41DABE77-369E-4038-B83E-BC1FC759F122 (resized).jpeg
#8784 2 years ago

I wanted to share my new BSD Apron cards that lizzyd from upkickpinball created for me. They have a Pinside store and just recently added the BSD cards, but I also asked her to create a set for my IM Premium using images from the custom apron cards thread. The quality is outstanding; very high DPI, perfectly sized/cut and even laminated. She said she can print anything if the requestor supplies the art.

I previously had the 3D lenticular cards (which are really cool too), but they were too hard to read with my lighting.

BSD_Cards (resized).jpgBSD_Cards (resized).jpgIM_Cards (resized).jpgIM_Cards (resized).jpg
#8785 2 years ago

Edit : solved my issue

#8786 2 years ago

Well, shit. Wish I would have noticed this weeks ago when they showed up.... I love the installation and fitment, but one of the head decals has a distinctive purple tint to the background which should be black like the rest of the set. I've already contacted Mirco. I'm sure they'll make it right.

20220117_192115 (resized).jpg20220117_192115 (resized).jpg

#8787 2 years ago

Hi all,

I recently purchased a Bram Stoker's Dracula and have had issues with it unfortunately from day 1.

I have managed to resolve many of the issues. But a major one (or potentially many, depending how you look at it) remain.

For context I live in the UK (RE the voltage amendment)
Issues resolved so far:

- Slingshot arms replaced (snapped links)
- Wrong Voltage set (was set to 218v instead of 230v)
- Village VUK spitting out and spinning the ball into the outlane (badly bent wireframe)
- Missing Hex post on Coffin wireframe return
- Numerous other quirks such as snapped (or cut?) wires on stand up targets and very old and knackered stand up targets.
- Replaced Worn armatures (Rods for the VUKS)
- Mist multiball was disabled apparently due to a popping fuse, this was replaced with the correct fuse but was never turned back on. I've re-enabled and all seems fine.

---- The Remaining Issue(s) ----

At present I get air balls, especially up the main ramp. Sometimes it goes up at such a speed it flys above the ramp.
I get the strongest feeling too much power is being fed to the flippers.

I've done coil and sleeve replacements on the Autolauncher, Both flipper assemblies and the Village and Asylum VUK's.

VUK ejections are also very strong. For instance coming out of the Rat VUK the balls eject at quite a speed as does the Asylum VUK where it spits out so hard it often ejects into the right outlane.

Mystery shots are hard if I shoot from the right flipper it hits the metal at the back at such a pace that the ball hops back over the hole.

When the diverter on the ramp kicks in to intiate the castle lock the ball will often fall off the wireframe.

See video:

For referance this is the coil setup:
Flippers: FL-15411
Asylum VUK: AE-23-800
Village VUK: AE-26-1200

I followed the manual on replacement. The existing coils were the same but some were really beat up (see pictures).

The Power driver board is a rottendog board. I have heard these boards are touch and go with regards to reliability. Could this board be over volting the coils?

There are quite a fair few mods on this machine.

- Pinsound Plus
- Undercabinet lighting (cointaker I believe?)
- Additional flasher for the graveyard area
- Slingshot star post lights

All lights are LED including the backbox.

Pitch of the machine is currently sitting around 6.5. I have had it as high as 6.8 and as low as 6. No real change to the air ball issues, improvements to the Mystery shot at the highest pitch however.

The solution may just be to put in weaker coils but I feel this is just disguising the issue.

Any help truly appreciated.

Scott

16414669324918722179731292313583 (resized).jpg16414669324918722179731292313583 (resized).jpg266689562_10165629401270705_6630997384744761746_n (resized).jpg266689562_10165629401270705_6630997384744761746_n (resized).jpgPXL_20211226_113925561 (resized).jpgPXL_20211226_113925561 (resized).jpgPXL_20211228_125109772 (resized).jpgPXL_20211228_125109772 (resized).jpgPXL_20211230_094822121 (resized).jpgPXL_20211230_094822121 (resized).jpgPXL_20220105_200653583 (resized).jpgPXL_20220105_200653583 (resized).jpgPXL_20220113_144651376 (resized).jpgPXL_20220113_144651376 (resized).jpg
#8788 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I actually have a pretty nice one that would be a wonderful restore candidate. I notice you're overseas though. Shipping would be a bitch!!

No worries I sourced one in Australia which is fortunate as the guy who is restoring it lives in Australia. Thanks for the offer though!

#8789 2 years ago

I've definitely had a few balls hop off the wireform when doing a castle lock or bats - usually after waxing the playfield. Good luck finding a solution, and please update if you find anything out.

#8790 2 years ago

This was my solution

D8CECB40-C8F1-4358-BC7E-5501502E8BFB (resized).jpegD8CECB40-C8F1-4358-BC7E-5501502E8BFB (resized).jpeg
#8791 2 years ago

Well, shit. Wish I would have noticed this weeks ago when they showed up.... I love the installation and fitment, but one of the head decals has a distinctive purple tint to the background which should be black like the rest of the set. I've already contacted Mirco. I'm sure they'll make it right.
[quoted image]

So, I got a reply from Mirco. He says that's how the file is, he can't adjust it, and he has others in stock that are the same. He won't issue a partial refund, and said "send them back if you aren't happy". Seeing as I already applied the cabinet, that really isn't an option. He then said "when do you see both sides anyway"? Well, the head doesn't match the cab, so..... yeah. So, buyer beware. The one side of the head decal has a purpleish background, doesn't match, and that's just how it is. No corrections, no discounts.
20220117_192115 (resized).jpg20220117_192115 (resized).jpg

#8792 2 years ago

So, I got a reply from Mirco. He says that's how the file is, he can't adjust it, and he has others in stock that are the same. He won't issue a partial refund, and said "send them back if you aren't happy". Seeing as I already applied the cabinet, that really isn't an option. He then said "when do you see both sides anyway"? Well, the head doesn't match the cab, so..... yeah. So, buyer beware. The one side of the head decal has a purpleish background, doesn't match, and that's just how it is. No corrections, no discounts.
[quoted image]

Is this the 'Radcals' from Mirco?

#8793 2 years ago
Quoted from s000m:

Is this the 'Radcals' from Mirco?

Yes

#8794 2 years ago

I Dodged a bullet with them then... thats dissapointing on the colour shift how does he not notice that and think its OK?

I was going to buy a Mirco playfield but went with a private restorer after the horror stories I read.

I spoke to CPR and they say they will be 100% making a BSD playfield this year for anyone interested.

#8795 2 years ago
Quoted from s000m:

I Dodged a bullet with them then... thats dissapointing on the colour shift how does he not notice that and think its OK?
I was going to buy a Mirco playfield but went with a private restorer after the horror stories I read.
I spoke to CPR and they say they will be 100% making a BSD playfield this year for anyone interested.

Well, shit. Now I'm really worried. Because, guess what's next for me? I have a Mirco playfield I'll be putting in soon. I hope it fits. It looks to be high quality.

#8796 2 years ago

Well, shit. Now I'm really worried. Because, guess what's next for me? I have a Mirco playfield I'll be putting in soon. I hope it fits. It looks to be high quality.

Been watching playfield swaps the task looks really long and involved. T-Nut installations look like quite a bit of work.

I would inspect the clear on yours and probably leave it if you haven't already to cure as much as possible for as long as you can.

I know some people had their clear come straight off..

#8797 2 years ago
Quoted from s000m:

Been watching playfield swaps the task looks really long and involved. T-Nut installations look like quite a bit of work.
I would inspect the clear on yours and probably leave it if you haven't already to cure as much as possible for as long as you can.

That's what happens when you don't prep the surface properly: scuff it up with steel wool or equivalent, then hit it with degreaser/silicone remover and get all the dust off.

#8798 2 years ago
Quoted from s000m:

HOLY SHIT.....

#8799 2 years ago

I have a Mirco playfield I'll be putting in soon. I hope it fits. It looks to be high quality.

I have a mirco playfield swapped into my Attack from Mars, and one is being swapped into my Twilight Zone. No issues. As for quality, I beat on my AFM, and it still looks great. No quality control problems. You're good.

#8800 2 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I have a mirco playfield swapped into my Attack from Mars, and one is being swapped into my Twilight Zone. No issues. As for quality, I beat on my AFM, and it still looks great. No quality control problems. You're good.

That's reassuring to hear. Thank you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

There are 11,120 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/176?hl=grandnational007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.