New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 29878)

Bram Stokers Dracula Club....Welcome to the Carpathians

By shacklersrevenge

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,522 posts
  • 623 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by Luckdragon100
  • Topic is favorited by 244 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,344 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_8410.JPG
IMG_8408.jpeg
bsd_J124-2 (resized).jpg
image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
BSD01 (resized).jpg
097325fd00492438923e621018ba9ac7a7d7e45e (resized).jpg
IMG_8258 (resized).JPG
Resized_20200816_205943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0388 (resized).jpg
IMG_0387 (resized).jpg
448746-i (resized).jpg
20200714_162825 (resized).jpg
bsd001 (resized).jpg
bsd003 (resized).jpg
bsd002 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7522 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 151.
#801 6 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I believe all they came with is a single pop cover.

This is true, just the one.

#802 6 years ago

Thinking OF joining the club.

It the shopout difficult on a BSD? Looks not too bad, but then again...

#803 6 years ago

Shops like a breeze

#804 6 years ago

You just want to make sure the mist mech is working and complete. The reversing screw is NLA from what I can tell.
The game is addictive as they get…this is too easy….

#805 6 years ago

I have BSD # 4 up for Sale or Trade .. Me and Shanetastic are set to Shop it the 1st week-end in January , but I will Sell or Trade it as is ... Shop'd will Cost Ya .. We Leave Nothing out ,, even Leds will be added ..

B-W cabinet 001.JPG
B-W cabinet 002.JPG
B-W cabinet 003.JPG
B-W cabinet 004.JPG

#806 6 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Thinking OF joining the club.
It the shopout difficult on a BSD? Looks not too bad, but then again...

Shopping this pin is pretty difficult. It's deceptive on not looking like there is a lot going on but it is definitely one of the tougher pins I've shopped.

#807 6 years ago

I agree !! But WCS was By Far the Most Tyme Consuming Shop that I have done ...

#808 6 years ago

Shopping this pin is pretty difficult. It's deceptive on not looking like there is a lot going on but it is definitely one of the tougher pins I've shopped.

I agree, it looks easier than it is.

Robert

#809 6 years ago

hi guys, anybody hear anything about new ramps and plastics ? thanks joe

#810 6 years ago
Quoted from joe2012:

hi guys, anybody hear anything about new ramps and plastics ? thanks joe

Ramps from Pinball Inc. in 2014 with decals from one of the larger outlets TBD. Plastics prospects are dim as this is apparently a difficult repro license according to Rick at Planetary. Studio negotiations slow and complex actor likeness issues apparently.

#811 6 years ago

thanks psycho,the waiting is killing me. joe

#812 6 years ago

I am going to start my tear down shortly. I know this might be on this thread so sorry if it is a repeat.

Straw poll

White bands or Black bands?

#813 6 years ago

Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I agree, it looks easier than it is.
Robert

The coffin alone was a bitch to get off, had to take it completely apart for that last screwed holding it down at the front. The subway ramps are a bitch too, and worse, the light boards under them. I'm guessing there were a lot of routed machines with lights never replaced in that area.

I still think RS was the hardest I've done. Removing all the under PF stuff was a PITA because everything coming out was contingent on something else being removed, than that part was contingent on something else being removed, and over, blah. Plus, two heads to rebuild and clean, god, that took like two nights per head.

#814 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawasakiltd:

I am going to start my tear down shortly. I know this might be on this thread so sorry if it is a repeat.
Straw poll
White bands or Black bands?

I always go with white to add some bounce.

#815 6 years ago

The white rubber bounce more and get a faster game.
In my case, I put the black rubber BSD fit as well and Have less maintenance, ie, is not so much dirt ...

Sorry for my English translator.

#816 6 years ago

I've owned my BSD for a long time. I think I bought it in 1999. This is one tough pin to get decent scores on. I guess I'm not that good of a player.

The best score I've ever got is about 1,500,000,000 with it set to 5 balls. But, I love it and will never sell it. I just changed it back to factory settings (3 balls) and it's even harder!

#817 6 years ago

Pm me if anyone's selling!

#818 6 years ago

Hi BSD Members,

i am new here in this forum ( i am from Austria so my english is not perfect ) and just got an BSD. I have to make the BackBox new because the wood is damaged.
Anyone have the grafics (in Print quality) for the Side Decals of the BackBox and for the front Decals (at the Display Panel) ?

Also i am missing a Part on the Playfield can anyone tell me where i can get this part (i marked it on the picture)

thank you all for your help

playfileld_part.jpg
#819 6 years ago
Quoted from Netsepp:

Also i am missing a Part on the Playfield

Is it the up-kicker that you need?

Robert

#820 6 years ago

A-16261...Castle Ball Popper Assembly; if it's the up-kicker.

Robert

a-16261.jpg

Up Kicker.jpg

#821 6 years ago

thank all who have helped me so far!

now i have the Decals for the BackBox. It will take a little bit time to restore the wood but i will post a picture if it is finished.

To the part i marked on playfield: yes its the castle popper and i think it should hold a ball? On my playfield i miss the metal part but i don't know where to get this part ?

Mike

#823 6 years ago

Netsepp, If you still need the castle popper, pm me. I have most of the metal parts from a parted machine I can sell.

#824 6 years ago

for sale- NOS original Sling shot plastics- Mint, in the mini envelope- $45 paypal shipped

sold sold sold

bsd.jpgbsd 1.jpg

#825 6 years ago

thank you shock_me and goldpin!
Thats the right part!

Mike

#826 6 years ago

Man, I would have jumped at those sling plastics when I had BSD!

#827 6 years ago

Just threw in a Dracula at the 1up (Colfax location) in Denver.

Easily my favorite pin.

1up.jpg
#828 6 years ago

I don't own one, but played two last week. Spent about an hour on one at a friends house. WOW. I loved it, but it is like FT, hard and brings you to your knees. For people that own it, once you get the three multiballs stacked a few times does the game get boring? How long would/does it last in your collection?

#829 6 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Do you believe in destiny.........
Tips, wants, mods, current owners, future owners, playing tips, honor tourneys. Everything relating to BSD. Enjoy!

bsd.jpg 117 KB

dracula111111111111.jpg 152 KB

Thunderstruck!

Black lightening flippers are rad on this.
I should play my game more!

#830 6 years ago

So I started tearing down the playfield today to shop my Drac and look what I found! How in the world did that get there??

Also, I remember someone asking about the lengths of the posts for the coffin setup. There are 4 posts that have very close lengths. Anyone still interested in that information while I have it apart?

IMAG0391.jpg
#831 6 years ago

someone probably lifted the playfield after forgetting to take out the balls and never found the missing one

#832 6 years ago

Wow, I'm still hung over from NYE, i was looking at the red post

#833 6 years ago

I was gonna Re-decal my BSD , but i'm Gonna Pass .. If anyone is interested in buy-n a Full BSD decal set , these decal's are Printed on vinyl with a layer of UV on Protective Laminate
a ( High Quality Digital Printer ) was used .. The colors match Perfect .. I have $ 250.00 invested in the decal's
Pm me .. I assume ship-n in the US would be close to $ 12.00 so add that in .. I have a Lower cab- that has been touch'd up and Primed and is Ready for decal's .. $ 150.00 .. If someone buys Both I'll Knock off $ 50.00 ..

BSD parts 004.JPG B-W cabinet 006.JPG B-W cabinet 007.JPG B-W cabinet 009.JPG
#834 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

So I started tearing down the playfield today to shop my Drac and look what I found! How in the world did that get there??

When I received my BSD it had a ball in the exact same place. I had to loosen some plastic to get it out so not sure how it got in there. Whoever lost it did not try to recover and instead just added another ball to the game.

#835 6 years ago

Next question! What in the world are these wires for? I've noticed them before, and they've never been hooked up. I'd love to use them as my connection into the GI circuit for lighted flipper buttons. I'm pretty sure they're green/black and white/red, but I'm partially color blind, soo....

Anyway, they're in the same bundle as the ones for the start button. Potentially important info - my machine is a re-import.

Thanks

edit: you can't see because my hand is in the way, but they both have push connectors on the end.

IMAG0431-410.jpg

#836 6 years ago

they go on the start button. they are for the light .look at the switch there is two spade connection blades on the sides. joe

#837 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I don't own one, but played two last week. Spent about an hour on one at a friends house. WOW. I loved it, but it is like FT, hard and brings you to your knees. For people that own it, once you get the three multiballs stacked a few times does the game get boring? How long would/does it last in your collection?

It's like any other game... Once you master... Make it more difficult!

#838 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I've owned mine for about 6 years. I bought mine as a non working project and put the time in to make it play perfectly. The game is brutal and kicks my ass 9 out of 10 times playing. I rarely get all three MBs stacked as it really is hard as hell. The game will not be leaving my lineup in the foreseeable future,

#839 6 years ago
Quoted from joe2012:

they go on the start button. they are for the light .look at the switch there is two spade connection blades on the sides. joe

My start button already has 4 wires on it and the light works fine.

#840 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

My start button already has 4 wires on it and the light works fine.

Those wires are for the door audits switch I believe. I don't see it on your door in that picture though. Maybe it was removed, mine was missing too.

#841 6 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Those wires are for the door audits switch I believe. I don't see it on your door in that picture though. Maybe it was removed, mine was missing too.

Ok, I don't even know what that is. Like an audit menu entry for when the door is opened/closed?

#842 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Ok, I don't even know what that is. Like an audit menu entry for when the door is opened/closed?

Audit for amount of plays I assume

#843 6 years ago

Audit for amount of plays I assume

Ahh... I'm pretty sure my machine does not count plays. Anywhere I can look for more info on replacing that switch? I never noticed a bracket with nothing attached or anything like that.

Thanks for the newb help.

#844 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Next question! What in the world are these wires for? I've noticed them before, and they've never been hooked up. I'd love to use them as my connection into the GI circuit for lighted flipper buttons. I'm pretty sure they're green/black and white/red, but I'm partially color blind, soo....
Anyway, they're in the same bundle as the ones for the start button. Potentially important info - my machine is a re-import.
Thanks
edit: you can't see because my hand is in the way, but they both have push connectors on the end.

IMAG0431-410.jpg 129 KB

for lighting up the flipper buttons you can just use coin door interface board. You can easily piggy back onto the existing IDC or make a connector to plug into one of the non used pins if the pins are on the board. This is how I have always done it.

#845 6 years ago

hi aobrien5,i looked on my game those wires connect to the coin door interlock switch. joe

#846 6 years ago

Hi to all,

now i have my BSD at home and checked out all parts. I need the following things and hope you can tell me where to get this ones

First thing: Error "magnet load error" which part do i need and where can i get this part ?
Targets at center: i have to replace one target (completly)
Plastics: the two side plastics (slingshot) and the pastic at the center targets
Kicker - The Ball shoot out coil...

hope you can tell me where to get this parts

thanks to all

#847 6 years ago

Hi Netsepp, Pinballheaven.co.uk have most of those parts you are looking for or even better
Pinballcenter.eu has the set of plastics you require for 32 Euros

#848 6 years ago
Quoted from Netsepp:

Hi to all,
now i have my BSD at home and checked out all parts. I need the following things and hope you can tell me where to get this ones
First thing: Error "magnet load error" which part do i need and where can i get this part ?
Targets at center: i have to replace one target (completly)
Plastics: the two side plastics (slingshot) and the pastic at the center targets
Kicker - The Ball shoot out coil...
hope you can tell me where to get this parts
thanks to all

The "magnet load error" is a problem with the long beam opto mechanism. There is a infrared beam that goes all the way across the playfield to detect when the mist ball is knocked off the magnet.

See this to help troubleshoot: http://pinballrehab.com/1-articles/solid-state-repair/game-specific-toys/200-mist-multiball

#849 6 years ago
Quoted from joe2012:

hi aobrien5,i looked on my game those wires connect to the coin door interlock switch. joe

Thanks Joe, it looks like I may be missing that, too.

Quoted from TaylorVA:

for lighting up the flipper buttons you can just use coin door interface board. You can easily piggy back onto the existing IDC or make a connector to plug into one of the non used pins if the pins are on the board. This is how I have always done it.

Taylor, you're saying to just punch a second wire down directly on top of the wires going to the coin door lights? That would certainly make it easy.

Thanks

#850 6 years ago

Thank you devils4ever and Choppa Cade,

i know pinballcenter.eu and allready looked there, but i don't find all parts i need, will look again

for the magnet i read this article and i think i have to do much more tests

mike

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Boards
PinSound
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 7522 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 151.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside