New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 29878)

Bram Stokers Dracula Club....Welcome to the Carpathians

By shacklersrevenge

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,572 posts
  • 630 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by fossmin
  • Topic is favorited by 246 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,353 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BSD (resized).jpg
P1010438 (resized).JPG
P1000610 (resized).JPG
P1000609 (resized).JPG
P1000608 (resized).JPG
P1000607 (resized).JPG
IMG_8608.jpeg
20201106_195127 (resized).jpg
0f9f0c370805cbe4b41bade1de6f82ec9cd471ba (resized).jpg
IMG_8410.JPG
IMG_8408.jpeg
bsd_J124-2 (resized).jpg
image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
BSD01 (resized).jpg
097325fd00492438923e621018ba9ac7a7d7e45e (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

32 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7572 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 152.
#7551 14 days ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

BSD 3-D Tombstone Cover Mod (morpheus)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsdracula-3-d-tombstone-cover
24 inch Opto Board Replacement
https://www.pinballlife.com/24-opto-replacement-board-a-15646.html
BSD Ron Jeremy Dracula Replacement Mod (kpull)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-death-of-dracula-goodbye-ron
BSD Alternate Translite (pinstein)
ebay.com link » Bram Stokers Dracula Pinball Alternate Translite 2choices Bloody Or Non
You will need to reach out to the Pinsiders listed in parenthesis for three of the mods listed above to see if they have any extras around or if they will offer them for sale again. I have all three of these Pinsider created mods and they are great.
The 24 inch opto board may or may not be needed on your game, but I recently installed it on my BSD and it fixed some Mist ball issues that I was having.
Gord
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Well said but I highly doubt he will be able to get #3 on your list. I reached out to him years ago and nothing came of it. Don't care that much for the translite but that's just me

#7552 14 days ago

I've got the CPR mirrored backglass, it's very nice: https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/bsd-glass/

Color DMD is good.

I prefer mine original otherwise.

#7553 14 days ago

I agree the CPR mirrored back glass looks great

#7554 14 days ago

I like that mirrored backglass and the ColorDMD is also a must, what about that “love never dies” lit up speaker panel? Is that worth it? Where do I buy that?

#7555 14 days ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/by-game/574-bram-stokers-dracula

If I had thought more about it I would have bought one. Only because my game didn't have the correct lamp board and had a semi-decent homemade speaker panel. I ended up designing and getting a PCB made for the lamp board and making my own speaker panel, could have saved myself a lot of time!

#7556 14 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Brocks coffin mod. He's making a few more as we speak. Just a word of advise...be patient!

I appreciate that, good sir.

#7557 12 days ago

I just joined the club a few days ago. I've always wanted to own a BSD, so I'm super psyched. I've been going through the machine and fixing a few issues, and the game is now 100% except for one thing. I am not getting any sound whatsoever from the right backbox speaker. This is the small one with the blue capacitor attached to it. The speakers appear to be wired in series, so I'm not sure why I would be getting sound from the left speaker and not the right. The wiring all looks good. Could the speaker itself be blown?

#7558 12 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just joined the club a few days ago. I've always wanted to own a BSD, so I'm super psyched. I've been going through the machine and fixing a few issues, and the game is now 100% except for one thing. I am not getting any sound whatsoever from the right backbox speaker. This is the small one with the blue capacitor attached to it. The speakers appear to be wired in series, so I'm not sure why I would be getting sound from the left speaker and not the right. The wiring all looks good. Could the speaker itself be blown?

If your game is near a stereo you could run the speaker wire from the stereo to the right speaker to check and see if it's blown...

#7559 12 days ago

It turns out it was a blown speaker. I had a speaker sitting around that I had removed from a TZ years ago. I swapped it in and it works perfectly now.

#7560 11 days ago
Quoted from RobF:

Answering my own question. I did confirm that the BSD manual incorrectly lists the speaker panel flashers connecting to J128-2. It should be listed as J124-2. The real sucky part is that if you follow what is listed in the manual, you will damage your board. I think it would be prudent for an owner to label J124 connector and put a giant NO CONNECTION at J128 pins on the board. The other option would be to move the wire to J122-2 as they are chained together.

Can we make this a key post please? I had the exact problem and this fixed it! My wires had a tag saying J124 but was plugged into 128...

#7561 11 days ago

What is the normal startup sequence? Is the game always supposed to open the gate, move the magnet, and then reload the mist ball?

#7562 11 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

What is the normal startup sequence? Is the game always supposed to open the gate, move the magnet, and then reload the mist ball?

Yes it is part of the testing process everytime you start a game.

#7563 11 days ago
Quoted from Magno:

Yes it is part of the testing process everytime you start a game.

Thanks! I wasn't sure if it meant I had a flaky opto or something.

#7564 11 days ago

I have a minor problem I'm trying to address. The flippers are very strong on my game. It makes the game fast and brutal, but every once in a while when the ball is diverted to the castle lock, it will fly off the ramp because of the speed. Has anyone else had this issue, and how did you fix it?

#7565 11 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I have a minor problem I'm trying to address. The flippers are very strong on my game. It makes the game fast and brutal, but every once in a while when the ball is diverted to the castle lock, it will fly off the ramp because of the speed. Has anyone else had this issue, and how did you fix it?

Do you have the piece that goes over the ramp?

https://www.fabunlimited.com/pinball/bram-stokers-dracula-pinball-clear-replacement-plastics-2-piece-set

#7567 9 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It doesn't appear that I do. Where does it mount?

I think that piece is supposed to mount just over the ramp entrance in the ball launch lane, not the castle ramp. It's to prevent forceful ball launches from jumping out of the ramp

I've read that people have fastened some high density foam to the castle lock ball diverter arm, to slow down the ball as it gets diverted onto the castle lock wireform. My machine does this occasionally, so I'm thinking of doing the same thing.

#7568 9 days ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

I think that piece is supposed to mount just over the ramp entrance in the ball launch lane, not the castle ramp. It's to prevent forceful ball launches from jumping out of the ramp
I've read that people have fastened some high density foam to the castle lock ball diverter arm, to slow down the ball as it gets diverted onto the castle lock wireform. My machine does this occasionally, so I'm thinking of doing the same thing.

Thanks for the info! So it seems like I'm not missing anything. Here's a photo of my ramp. Does anything look wrong or out of place? Also, does anyone make plastic protectors for this game?
BSD (resized).jpg

#7569 9 days ago

Yeah sorry, one of those plastics goes at the top of the coffin ramp.

I've never had the ball fall off the metal habitrail that goes to the castle.

Taking a slow-motion video with your phone might help diagnose exactly what is going on when the ball flies off.

#7570 9 days ago

I had this same problem. don't know where I saw the answer but it had to do with adjusting how the ramp was fastened to the play field. there was a little slop and the more you moved the habitrail I think to the left extreme the ball stayed in the habitrail. if I am wrong move it to the right. I seem to remember this info in some tear down guide for bsd

#7571 9 days ago

I have the same problem with balls flying off the habitrail after rebuilding the flippers.
I added a few washers to the support at the target bank and it helped, but didn’t fix the problem.

1 week later
#7572 1 hour ago

I'm not home with my game. What type of bulb lights the moon in the back playfield panel?

Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
There are 7572 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 152.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside