PXL_20240310_205105814 (resized).jpg
20240307_151004 (resized).jpg
20240307_113514 (resized).jpg
P1000806 (resized).JPG
to use (resized).jpg
to use 2 (resized).jpg
to use 3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,103 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 223.
#7451 3 years ago

Not sure where I read it, but I believe Barry Oursler stated that the game was intended to have normal flippers.

#7452 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Not sure where I read it, but I believe Barry Oursler stated that the game was intended to have normal flippers.

I know this topic is somehow controversial, but my understanding is no game was actually "designed to use lightning flippers" at all.

All game were designed with regular flippers, and the ones that B/W shipped with lightning flippers was done at the request of route operators, mostly in Europe, that demanded shorter ball times.

I personally hate lightning flippers, and change all of my games that originally shipped with them to standard flippers.

I do keep them on my BSD because I'm a glutton for punishment with that game.

It's purely a matter of personal taste, IMO.

RM

#7453 3 years ago

Guys,

One other question. Do your BSD's activate the ball launch with the right flipper? I can launch my ball at the beginning of any new game with my right flipper or the "launch ball" button.

#7454 3 years ago

NorCal

That’s in the settings whether the ball can be launched using the flipper.

#7455 3 years ago

Got it, thanks bill.

#7456 3 years ago

Hey does anyone have a set of ramps in good condition? I have ramps but they are in rough shape. PM me.

#7457 3 years ago

Well guys,

I've had my BSD for just over a week and it plays great, but something about the flippers just didn't seem right. I adjusted them using a toothpick and pinholes on the play field. Re-adjust my return springs (they had been placed in longer anchor points than where they should have), set my pitch to 6.5 degrees and gave it a go. Got my highest score so far! Speaking of flippers...has anyone experimented with stronger coils? I still don't feel that "snap" that I think this game should have, so I was thinking of replacing my 11630's (these are new along with all the hardware, replaced by previous owner less than a year ago) with some 11629's. Any thoughts on that?

BSD Score (resized).jpgBSD Score (resized).jpg
#7458 3 years ago

Norcal -

Can you post a few pics of the flippers from the top and from the bottom - specifically so we can see the wiring and EOS.

BTW - my machine has FL-15411 coils, which is what my manual calls for. I'm not familiar with the coil numbers you mentioned.

#7459 3 years ago

Here’s the deal with the flippers:

If you’re the kind of person that’s always looking for the easy way out... when you go to gym you curl 5-pound dumbbells... you have training wheels on your bike... and you spend most of your day whining and complaining, then install regular flipper bats on your BSD.

If you’re the kind of person that likes to get after it... always looking for a challenge and crushing it... you like to eat fire... and, if given the chance, you’d volunteer to diffuse a nuclear weapon to save the world... then install lightning flippers on your BSD.

This notion that the game somehow plays smoother and more natural with regular flippers is a complete falsity. #truth

#7460 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

If you’re the kind of person that’s always looking for the easy way out... when you go to gym you curl 5-pound dumbbells... you have training wheels on your bike... and you spend most of your day whining and complaining, then install regular flipper bats on your BSD.
If you’re the kind of person that likes to get after it... always looking for a challenge and crushing it... you like to eat fire... and, if given the chance, you’d volunteer to diffuse a nuclear weapon to save the world... then install lightning flippers on your BSD.
This notion that the game somehow plays smoother and more natural with regular flippers is a complete falsity. #truth

#facts

#7461 3 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Well guys,
I've had my BSD for just over a week and it plays great, but something about the flippers just didn't seem right. I adjusted them using a toothpick and pinholes on the play field. Re-adjust my return springs (they had been placed in longer anchor points than where they should have), set my pitch to 6.5 degrees and gave it a go. Got my highest score so far! Speaking of flippers...has anyone experimented with stronger coils? I still don't feel that "snap" that I think this game should have, so I was thinking of replacing my 11630's (these are new along with all the hardware, replaced by previous owner less than a year ago) with some 11629's. Any thoughts on that?
[quoted image]

Our BSD's lighting flippers rip all of the shots with fantastic strength. Short ball times though makes me wanna start another game and play better next time.
Steveo

#7462 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Well I've got a new set of lighting flippers coming in. My machine came with the standard bats, so I didn't have much of a choice out of the gate, but that will change soon. Maybe it's all in my head or I shouldn't be comparing to other games, but when I play my T2 and I cradle a ball, let go and shoot just before it rolls off the flipper... I see the pinball fly like a shooting star. I'll post some pics of my coils and all...but it all looks to be there. I'll report back in a few days once I have the lightning bats installed.

#7463 3 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Well I've got a new set of lighting flippers coming in. My machine came with the standard bats, so I didn't have much of a choice out of the gate, but that will change soon. Maybe it's all in my head or I shouldn't be comparing to other games, but when I play my T2 and I cradle a ball, let go and shoot just before it rolls off the flipper... I see the pinball fly like a shooting star. I'll post some pics of my coils and all...but it all looks to be there. I'll report back in a few days once I have the lightning bats installed.

You say that you're not feeling a snap in your shot, that has nothing to do with the flipper bats and everything to do with the bats and coil sleeves, and other parts of the flipper assembly. You likely would be able to get away with simply cleaning the bats with rubbing alcohol and installing new coil sleeves. But, perhaps a full rebuild kit is necessary.

It doesn't take much to make flippers, pops, and slings to get sluggish.

#7464 3 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

Hey does anyone have a set of ramps in good condition? I have ramps but they are in rough shape. PM me.

there was a member here pjm who was making brand new ramps. I bought one from him over a year ago and they were great

#7465 3 years ago
Quoted from wugly:

there was a member here pjm who was making brand new ramps. I bought one from him over a year ago and they were great

A Pinside user has an extra set and is selling them to me. Onobtainium can be obtained apparently a couple of miles from you.

1 week later
#7468 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Is that NOS or repro?

NOS in the title.

1 week later
#7469 3 years ago

I decided to remove (my) crappy character plastics above the slings. The were not original because they had the white background. Early run? Prototype? Crappy remake? dont know...SO, I made some plastic protectors to give it a little "pop". I had to remove some of the washers under the nuts and I also added the red posts where one of the stand off were on each sling. I need to fine tweak these this week before I can offer them here on pinside. LMK what you guys think!

bsd001 (resized).jpgbsd001 (resized).jpgbsd002 (resized).jpgbsd002 (resized).jpgbsd003 (resized).jpgbsd003 (resized).jpg
#7470 3 years ago

Alright fellow vampire hunters, here it is! This may be old news to most of you, but hopefully it helps any new BSD owners. There were a couple of things missing and/or changed on my BSD that made a difference to the way the game plays. I've only had the game a few weeks, but these minor things have definitely made the game flow smoother, at least for me.

1. If your BSD doesn't have the plastic shield that sits between the coffin and the ramp, do yourself a favor and get it. It will eliminate all ball rejections caused by excess ball speed or simply hitting the ball at the right time. I upgraded my flipper coils to the more powerful FL-11629 and it is a thing of beauty seeing that ball fly through the coffin ramp with no interruptions.

2. Give the standard flippers a chance. You won't be any less of a man (or woman) if you do so. As most of you know, the game was designed with these flippers. I tried the lightning flippers and that 1/8 of an inch makes all the difference on angles and timing of certain shots. I know this may not be an issue for seasoned players, but for the common hobbyist the standard bats can certainly make the game more enjoyable. It's kind of like shooting pool, if you hit that cue ball at the wrong angle by even an 1/8 of an inch, you won't make that shot.

#7471 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

I decided to remove (my) crappy character plastics above the slings. The were not original because they had the white background. Early run? Prototype? Crappy remake? dont know...SO, I made some plastic protectors to give it a little "pop". I had to remove some of the washers under the nuts and I also added the red posts where one of the stand off were on each sling. I need to fine tweak these this week before I can offer them here on pinside. LMK what you guys think!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice little fix. I made some rats for mine that interact with rat mode.

20200714_162825 (resized).jpg20200714_162825 (resized).jpg
#7472 3 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Nice little fix. I made some rats for mine that interact with rat mode.[quoted image]

Thats one awesome looking BSD!

#7473 3 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Alright fellow vampire hunters, here it is! This may be old news to most of you, but hopefully it helps any new BSD owners. There were a couple of things missing and/or changed on my BSD that made a difference to the way the game plays. I've only had the game a few weeks, but these minor things have definitely made the game flow smoother, at least for me.
1. If your BSD doesn't have the plastic shield that sits between the coffin and the ramp, do yourself a favor and get it. It will eliminate all ball rejections caused by excess ball speed or simply hitting the ball at the right time. I upgraded my flipper coils to the more powerful FL-11629 and it is a thing of beauty seeing that ball fly through the coffin ramp with no interruptions.
2. Give the standard flippers a chance. You won't be any less of a man (or woman) if you do so. As most of you know, the game was designed with these flippers. I tried the lightning flippers and that 1/8 of an inch makes all the difference on angles and timing of certain shots. I know this may not be an issue for seasoned players, but for the common hobbyist the standard bats can certainly make the game more enjoyable. It's kind of like shooting pool, if you hit that cue ball at the wrong angle by even an 1/8 of an inch, you won't make that shot.

#1 is a well known issue. Check the pinned posts in this topic for other potential gotchas or tips.

#7474 3 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

2. Give the standard flippers a chance. You won't be any less of a man (or woman) if you do so.

If you repeate that enough times it might actually become true

(prob. not)

#7475 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

If you repeate that enough times it might actually become true
(prob. not)

Glad you caught that little jab I threw at ya....

#7476 3 years ago

Good to hear the standard flipper love. A couple years ago it was very biased for the lightning bats.

I asked Barry Oursler at Expo 2 years ago if BSD was supposed to have normal flippers and he said yes. It was a distributor that wanted lightning flippers for faster games so mgmt made the call.

The geometry is designed around standard flippers, so that’s what I use. Planetary has plenty of “blood red” bats that I imagine were made for BSD.

#7477 3 years ago

Hey, all! I have ONE Dracula coffin mod available for sale. $180 USD shipped in North America, $220 USD worldwide. PM me if you want it!

448746-i (resized).jpg448746-i (resized).jpg

#7478 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So, I was having some wild issues with my BSD the last 24 hours. Watch the video for more, including the solution.

So glad to have figured that one out. Basically, my opto transmitter and receiver were out of alignment, causing all sorts of crazy issues.
Magnet test was failing before Opto Test 1 could even begin - kept coming up with "Magnet Unload" error. Then when going into attract mode, the game would not pop a ball into the shooter lane, lift the ramp, and deposit the ball into the right gate area (transmitter side of the game).
Man, that was driving me nuts. If any of this ever happens to you totally out of the blue, CHECK the alignment of your opto transmitter and receiver.
Finally got the game put back together and played a well-deserved game. I got owned, but it felt so good to play a full game with zeo issues (other than a trough switch needing to be serviced as well as my diverter).

Just wanted to give a shoutout to NPO, he was extremely helpful since I was scratching my head on this one. His video helped make sense of it, but my outcome was different. It wasn't just an adjustment, it was the long opto bd.
Can't believe his post is 6 yrs. old and still helping!! Pinside's a great community!!

#7479 3 years ago

Where can I buy that ridiculous Dracula mannequin topper I've seen?
Who has one/likes it? It's a little "extra" (as the kids say) but I'm feeling stupid

#7480 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Where can I buy that ridiculous Dracula mannequin topper I've seen?
Who has one/likes it? It's a little "extra" (as the kids say) but I'm feeling stupid

ebay.com link: Dracula Pinball Machine Topper with Red Led Eyes

This?

#7481 3 years ago

Joining the Dracula party. Picked mine up two years ago, finally got it Led upgraded, it was so damn dark, turned out I had three dead bulbs under the ramps, I used Comet bulbs, a trough light, and a spot on the left sling. Looks too bright on the crappy phone pics, but just right in person.

Now that I can see the game, turns out i got a really nice copy.
One of my top 5 favorite pins. I think it's still underrated by the community.

IMG_0387 (resized).jpgIMG_0387 (resized).jpgIMG_0388 (resized).jpgIMG_0388 (resized).jpgResized_20200816_205943 (resized).jpegResized_20200816_205943 (resized).jpeg
#7482 3 years ago

Looks great! I've never heard of it being underated, if anything it has a deep respect for a pin of its age?

#7483 3 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Glad you caught that little jab I threw at ya....

Felt like a small breeze to be honest.

#7484 3 years ago

I conveniently joined the BSD club in February, right before the lockdown! Got to spend a lot of quality time with it during quarantine.
I moved to a new house a month ago, finally got my pins set up yesterday (had to get a new floor and repaint the room first...).
I have a Rottendog driver board and the machine is NOT happy. Three vertical bars on the display and LED7 does not light up.
Any thoughts on where to begin debug? What is likely to jiggle loose during a move? I have re-seated all of the connectors...

Thanks,
/Ed

#7485 3 years ago

Waiting for a BSD to turn up and want to LED out the GI as think it really suits this game (I usually hate led GI in older games)

The blue looks great in the lower pl but can’t decide if the top should be blue as well? Iv seen a lot of ppl use red at the top or even purple? What’s best all blue or two tone it blue bottom red top? Or maybe purple top?

#7486 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Waiting for a BSD to turn up and want to LED out the GI as think it really suits this game (I usually hate led GI in older games)
The blue looks great in the lower pl but can’t decide if the top should be blue as well? Iv seen a lot of ppl use red at the top or even purple? What’s best all blue or two tone it blue bottom red top? Or maybe purple top?

I have blue bottom/puple top with superbright LED's. It fits the theme well but is fairly dark. I'm considering just switching over to all white.

#7487 3 years ago

Hello to All - Back in the club today ! Just had my BSD delivered and could not be happier. Quick question - I have the prototype Slingshots that I want to attach. Does anybody know what size are the standoffs (spacers) that are needed and who sells them - Thanks for the help.

#7488 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Looks great! I've never heard of it being underated, if anything it has a deep respect for a pin of its age?

BSD was considered a "B" not very desirable title not that long ago.

I've bought 3 and sold 2. 8-10 years ago it was difficult to get more than 1600-1800 bucks for one.

I'd go to the Allentown show and there would be 2 or 3 for sale every year.

It was the same for The Shadow and Congo.

RussM

#7489 3 years ago

Where can you get the clear screen for using the colour dmd?

#7490 3 years ago

Just joined the club! Really excited

IMG_8258 (resized).JPGIMG_8258 (resized).JPG

Does anyone know how / where to get these awesome bright blue LEDs for the playfield, like in this pic?

097325fd00492438923e621018ba9ac7a7d7e45e (resized).jpg097325fd00492438923e621018ba9ac7a7d7e45e (resized).jpg

Thanks! G

#7491 3 years ago

If only I had a really nice BSD to go with it... hmmm...

#7492 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

If only I had a really nice BSD to go with it... hmmm...

Maybe when I'm dead and gone, Tony. Neither of my kids like the game.

#7494 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Maybe when I'm dead and gone, Tony. Neither of my kids like the game.

Great... way to ensure that I never want the game now.

Hmmmm... come to think of it, if all the old man jokes about you are true, then maybe you do have some of the nosferatu blood in you and are going to outlive us all.

#7495 3 years ago

After doing some tweaking I finally got these Sling and Return lane plastics ready to go. They look killer in person, the pic does not do justice. They are available in my shop here on Pinside or on ebay if your out of the US if interested. Any questions just let me know.

And thanks to the few that helped me out with these here in this group Sorry for the delay.

BSD01 (resized).jpgBSD01 (resized).jpg
#7496 3 years ago

I have ordered and paid the coffin mod from Pinball Customs in thread #7477.

Unfortunately the last contact was on October 7th when I was informed that the order ships "this week". No further answers in spite of 2 replies on my behalf on October 12th and today. So I don't know if the packet has been sent or not. Does anybody know what's up with Brock?

#7497 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballWizard666:

I have ordered and paid the coffin mod from Pinball Customs in thread #7477.
Unfortunately the last contact was on October 7th when I was informed that the order ships "this week". No further answers in spite of 2 replies on my behalf on October 12th and today. So I don't know if the packet has been sent or not. Does anybody know what's up with Brock?

Here we go again!

#7498 3 years ago

@mollyspub: What does that mean? Has this happened before?

#7499 3 years ago

Search his name or go back in this post. I have a couple posts about what your going thru. Good luck!

#7500 3 years ago

Thanks for the hint. Now I know what you mean. I hope that my 220,- USD are not wasted now...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs
Decals
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,103 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/150?hl=magno and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.