IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg
20240314_090424 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240310_205042362 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,145 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 223.
#7201 4 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

I think I read that you can adjust this by cutting the red plastic post down a bit that supports the wireform ramp.

I believe this is the issue and yes if cut it down a bit it would lower the habi trail and the post will do what its suppose too 100% of the time Cheers!

#7202 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Anyone see balls either make it over the castle lock post or another ball push a locked one over? I do not see any way of raising the lock post. Any suggestions much appreciated. Love this pin!

I think your ramp needs to be tightened down right by the lock for the castle ramp, there is a nut to the left of the lock and it its not tight your ball can roll over the lock because the ramp is higher. just had this issue last week after a full breakdown and cleaning of the playfield.

#7203 4 years ago

Mine had that issue... new spring and coil sleeve fixed it

#7204 4 years ago

i cut about a 1/4" piece off of a black post rubber on slid it on top of that metal stopper post.

#7205 4 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i cut about a 1/4" piece off of a black post rubber on slid it on top of that metal stopper post.

sorry what black rubber post cover would that be that fits ? I would love to do this, much easier than taking apart the playfield to cut down the support post.

#7206 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

sorry what black rubber post cover would that be that fits ? I would love to do this, much easier than taking apart the playfield to cut down the support post.

I wouldn't be adding or cutting down anything. I'm sure your game hasn't done this since day one so something isn't working properly. I'd be following 27 dnast advice.

#7207 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I wouldn't be adding or cutting down anything. I'm sure your game hasn't done this since day one so something isn't working properly. I'd be following 27 dnast advice.

just bought it after the redo so not familiar, however the spring and sleeve look perfect will take off replace again and stretch spring see if that helps cheers

#7208 4 years ago

Quick question. Recently obtained a BSD. Is this a game that would hold up on route? Or, is it a HUO type of game?

#7209 4 years ago

I got one from a bowling alley that it ran for 4 years before I got it. it was in fairly decent shape though it had a few burn't connectors and the mist ball didn't work but all in all it was still functioning and taki money. seemed to take a decent beating from the clients now it has been gone through and resting in a rocking chair between me firing it up and getting po at it. lightinin flippers suck the quarters down on this one

#7210 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Quick question. Recently obtained a BSD. Is this a game that would hold up on route? Or, is it a HUO type of game?

If you maintain it, it’s like any other game.

#7211 4 years ago

Joining the club next week. Where can I get some substitute “toy” mods? That Dracula in coffin looks absurd; More like a 70’s doobie brother

Likewise the castle and his manor house look a little sparse for my taste.

Quick google of mods didn’t turn up very much.

Thx

#7212 4 years ago
Quoted from Flowst:

Joining the club next week. Where can I get some substitute “toy” mods? That Dracula in coffin looks absurd; More like a 70’s doobie brother
Thx

No way dude! That's Ron Jeremy in the coffin.

#7213 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

not a cover. talking about a regular post sleeve.

#7214 4 years ago

got my BSD working, again. rottendog mpu board and pinsound just ain't gonna work together. i still randomly get a high volt lockup when flipping power on. stock board works without issue. not a big deal; i prefer stock sound anyway. it would have been cool to upgrade to stereo, if possible. oh well.

now, more importantly, my long beam opto won't open in test mode. what's the quickest, most likely way to fix that? new board, optos, both? pinhome makes the replacement board, right? sorry; been awhile. ty.

#7215 4 years ago
Quoted from Flowst:

Thx

Totally agree on the village, looks cheesy as, even custom painted. I want to work on something different there. not 100% decided yet. Keen to see if anyone has done something different.
The castle looks pretty cool if you underlight it., the snow glows.
And the cheech and chong drac has to go! There are some nice alternatives around.

#7216 4 years ago
Quoted from Kas24:

No way dude! That's Ron Jeremy in the coffin.

Is he stiff?

#7217 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Totally agree on the village, looks cheesy as, even custom painted. I want to work on something different there. not 100% decided yet. Keen to see if anyone has done something different.
The castle looks pretty cool if you underlight it., the snow glows.
And the cheech and chong drac has to go! There are some nice alternatives around.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-interactive-led-stained-glass-castle-switch-covers-mod-thread

I just ordered some of these to cover the switches. Medisynl makes them and sells them through pinside.

#7218 4 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

got my BSD working, again. rottendog mpu board and pinsound just ain't gonna work together. i still randomly get a high volt lockup when flipping power on. stock board works without issue. not a big deal; i prefer stock sound anyway. it would have been cool to upgrade to stereo, if possible. oh well.
now, more importantly, my long beam opto won't open in test mode. what's the quickest, most likely way to fix that? new board, optos, both? pinhome makes the replacement board, right? sorry; been awhile. ty.

Quickest way: ensuring the optos are aligned.

#7219 4 years ago

i tried the remote control (module, as my wife says) trick, but still couldn't open that circuit. only when i mess with connectors on the board does it open; obviously when i pull the power to it. maybe i'll just try the new board. easiest thing to do. not the cheapest, but oh well. ty.

#7220 4 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

pinhome makes the replacement board, right?

don't touch that with a 10 foot pole. i ordered and paid for it, 3 months later nothing received and it was a kit to be soldered by the purchaser. he did give me a refund though.

just send the opto board in for repairs to chris hibler, costs maybe $50 and worth it.

#7221 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

don't touch that with a 10 foot pole. i ordered and paid for it, 3 months later nothing received and it was a kit to be soldered by the purchaser. he did give me a refund though.
just send the opto board in for repairs to chris hibler, costs maybe $50 and worth it.

I got the brand new opto boards from pinball life and they are direct plug and play replacement. But Chris hibler would probably be cheaper. Just send both and he can reflow the other one too.

#7222 4 years ago

board ordered...

#7223 4 years ago

Have an extra set of slingshot protectors in UV red. They're translucent but have the protective paper still on there. $15 shipped

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7224 4 years ago

I had the same issue, couldn’t get the Pinsound+ system to work with the RottenDog power driver board. It was doing weird stuff, I don’t remember exactly what, but I ended up pulling the PinSound+ kit and using it on another game. Sad, but Dracula is still an awesome game with the stock sound and upgraded speakers.

Quoted from weaverj:

#7225 4 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

board ordered...

I have that exact same unit. You'll be very pleased with it. Even if it doesn't fix your issue, peace of mind is invaluable.

#7226 4 years ago

Tweeked the back box lighting a bit. Cointaker premium red frosted along the bottom of the battle scene

Virtuapin backbox is also on the way !

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#7227 4 years ago

well, that was easy. popped my new board in just now; solid red power LED and solid green opto LED. went into test and the switch opened immediately when i put my hand in the beam. i think we're good. going to enable the magnet and see how it plays. tyvm.

#7228 4 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Very nice BSD pinball machine. It has full LEDS (inserts/GI/flashers), Pinsound card with Hazard sound mix, Color DMD (lcd version), clear dmd panel, Coffin mod, Proto slingshot p...”
2020-02-19
York, PA
Archived after: 32 days
Viewed: 1172 times

In case anyone in here is looking for a nice BSD. Located in York Pennsylvania.

#7229 4 years ago

Swapping in a Virtua Pin backbox !

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#7230 4 years ago

Tried searching but couldn't find as anything. I have 2 BSDs right now. One of the BSD Cabinets were silkscreen painted onto the cabinet, while the other was silkscreened onto a vinyl that is adhered to the cabinet. No, i am not speaking of repo decals, i am speaking of the difference in original cabinet artwork. Anyone know why they were done both ways and which one is more rare (if there is a difference)?

#7231 4 years ago
Quoted from Cudaman:

Tried searching but couldn't find as anything. I have 2 BSDs right now. One of the BSD Cabinets were silkscreen painted onto the cabinet, while the other was silkscreened onto a vinyl that is adhered to the cabinet. No, i am not speaking of repo decals, i am speaking of the difference in original cabinet artwork. Anyone know why they were done both ways and which one is more rare (if there is a difference)?

Nevermind....found this article which was helpful.

https://www.flippers.be/pinball_cabinets.html

#7232 4 years ago

I have 2 questions:

1. When I play a game and balls go into the castle lock they remain there after the game is over. I start the next game and there is a ball still in the castle lock. Shouldn't these eject at the end of the game? The optic test as working and there are no errors reports.

2. Mist goes to left and games ends it remains on left side. Should this ball return to the rights side? Again everything tests as working and no error reports.

#7233 4 years ago

the mistball will definitely stay on the left, if that's where it ends during gameplay. not sure about the castle locks, but that could be right, too.

#7234 4 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

the mistball will definitely stay on the left, if that's where it ends during gameplay. not sure about the castle locks, but that could be right, too.

Thanks just finished a playing filed swap. Working out any gremlins there may be.

#7235 4 years ago

Castle locks will hold the balls when game ends. It only releases them when powering up the game.

#7236 4 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Castle locks will hold the balls when game ends. It only releases them when powering up the game.

Ok, thanks. I seem to be up and running.

#7237 4 years ago

Hey guys,

Looking for some (hopefully) quick help. My ball launch coil died on my BSD...upon inspecting it...the connector was actually physically broken off the one side and the wire looked to be surface soldered on front of it about a thousand times...and it was the wrong coil with the wrong orientation.

So I decided to replace it with a new proper 23-800 coil. Thought I had the wiring correct but I blew the fuse. I’m wondering Two things: how should the wires be with the coil in this new orientation & should I have a diode on this coil? (I put a new one on just in case I blew it with my improper wiring)

I’ve attached a photo but it’s sideways—sorry can’t seem to change it on mobile.

825BBAFB-13EB-45B8-B060-51F6BCBDEC0F (resized).jpeg825BBAFB-13EB-45B8-B060-51F6BCBDEC0F (resized).jpeg
#7238 4 years ago
Quoted from indierocklocks:

Hey guys,
Looking for some (hopefully) quick help. My ball launch coil died on my BSD...upon inspecting it...the connector was actually physically broken off the one side and the wire looked to be surface soldered on front of it about a thousand times...and it was the wrong coil with the wrong orientation.
So I decided to replace it with a new proper 23-800 coil. Thought I had the wiring correct but I blew the fuse. I’m wondering Two things: how should the wires be with the coil in this new orientation & should I have a diode on this coil? (I put a new one on just in case I blew it with my improper wiring)
I’ve attached a photo but it’s sideways—sorry can’t seem to change it on mobile.[quoted image]

You should NOT have a diode. Wire orientation makes no difference.

#7239 4 years ago

Keeping balls in Castle lock at game end is a setting. IMO, It's a good idea to leave it on to prevent unloading the balls and doing even more damage to the playfield where a launched ball every time.

#7240 4 years ago

Gothic back board decal

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#7241 4 years ago

Being locked up and bored I made some Dracula coin door decals. Three styles. Each is $10 including postage.

IMG_20200330_135042_594 (resized).jpgIMG_20200330_135042_594 (resized).jpg
#7242 4 years ago

Anyone have an extra 24 opto switch board available in their parts stash? I’ve been chasing a mist opto issue for so long, and after replacing both opto transmitter and receiver, changing caps on my 24 board, buying a new 10 LED board, I think I’ve nailed it down to this switch board. Let me know if you have an extra lying around that you might be interested in selling!

#7243 4 years ago

What to do when stuck at home.....
IMG_5133 (resized).JPGIMG_5133 (resized).JPG

IMG_5136 (resized).JPGIMG_5136 (resized).JPG
#7244 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

What to do when stuck at home.....
[quoted image][quoted image]

Gotta ask...do I see those so called protectors under the front legs?

#7245 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Gotta ask...do I see those so called protectors under the front legs?

I made a mis-cut when I cut out the metal protectors on the front of the cabinet. It is not bad but I have the metal protectors on and the plastic protectors on top of those to hide the small spot. The plastic does not touch the cabinet.

#7246 4 years ago

I have mine all cleaned up and back together, really loving this pin.
This is how I got her:
20181211_193813 (resized).jpg20181211_193813 (resized).jpg
20181211_193828 (resized).jpg20181211_193828 (resized).jpg

Now she is playing great:
IMG_8362 (resized).JPGIMG_8362 (resized).JPG
IMG_8363 (resized).JPGIMG_8363 (resized).JPG
IMG_8359 (resized).JPGIMG_8359 (resized).JPG

IMG_8353 (resized).JPGIMG_8353 (resized).JPG
#7247 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

This is how I got her:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Now she is playing great:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks much better! You really need to get the original tombstone mod on there and brocks drac mod if you can get your hands on one!
Are those new decals with the better image or the add on decals?

#7248 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Looks much better! You really need to get the original tombstone mod on there and brocks drac mod if you can get your hands on one!
Are those new decals with the better image or the add on decals?

New decals with the better image, you lose an little on the bottom but my corners still lined up real nice. My cabinet was in pretty bad shape, the front was completely separated and just nailed back together. I'll probable grab the tombstone but hoping I might be able to go in on with a couple people to save on shipping. The new Dracula is beautiful but personally I think its too nice for the rest of the pin so I'll just keep the hedgehog, it's kinda classic.

IMG_8368 (resized).JPGIMG_8368 (resized).JPG

#7249 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

This is how I got her

You got it immamaculate?

#7250 4 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

You got it immamaculate?

I think you looking at the pictures in reverse She did clean up well but not immaculate. Kinda a mid level restore.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 5.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,145 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/145?hl=smcclain65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.