IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 224.
#6951 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I don’t know about all that Todd. From the pictures that mk6pin posted above, it doesn’t seem like his is too grainy at all compared with what the guy said in the JackBot thread. Glass looks pretty damn good to me.
MK, you able to lock the backbox lock, or is the backglass larger than the translite?
The lines look pretty crisp on BSD. Especially the Williams logo and the Drac letters in the close-up shot (3rd pic above). The guy in the JB thread didn’t post any pics either.

The glass is gorgeous....can't stop admiring it (ruined several games as I wanted to watch the lighting effects through the glass)...definition is better than I imagined.

The mirrored backglass is a bit thicker than the translite/ glass....snug fit, but locked fine...was terrified putting the plastic frame rails on, but ultimately, fit like a glove......

#6952 4 years ago

I was super disappointed to read that review of the JackBot backglass. That was all over my radar. Glad your BSD example is A+

#6953 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I was super disappointed to read that review of the JackBot backglass. That was all over my radar. Glad your BSD example is A+

He may have got a bad one or something..... Chris @HEP put one in my TZ when he restored it...stunning as well ...I mention it as we all know his standard of excellence...

Actually went back down to the game room @ 1:30 am last night, just to admire/ play it some more... couldn't be happier w how it looks ( and plays, of course)..

#6954 4 years ago

Vlad got a new coffin and headstone. Looks so much better, I love it!

1EDAA745-6DF1-4167-82F7-CC054A2C0047 (resized).jpeg1EDAA745-6DF1-4167-82F7-CC054A2C0047 (resized).jpeg48A3B31E-B0E3-4184-A453-45837E71CB4F (resized).jpeg48A3B31E-B0E3-4184-A453-45837E71CB4F (resized).jpeg69EACF70-F761-4A55-875A-0343D0BA22B5 (resized).jpeg69EACF70-F761-4A55-875A-0343D0BA22B5 (resized).jpeg788A0E34-E214-4C55-9D81-5AA9167636BC (resized).jpeg788A0E34-E214-4C55-9D81-5AA9167636BC (resized).jpeg874A3D9A-FF2B-44F5-9083-8725ACE05143 (resized).jpeg874A3D9A-FF2B-44F5-9083-8725ACE05143 (resized).jpeg8B28A24F-1C10-4C4E-8879-29C23BEA0EFF (resized).jpeg8B28A24F-1C10-4C4E-8879-29C23BEA0EFF (resized).jpegB6CDCDD2-6A2A-480C-8B95-8B3000F1AA53 (resized).jpegB6CDCDD2-6A2A-480C-8B95-8B3000F1AA53 (resized).jpeg
#6955 4 years ago

I broke down and ordered the alternate translite to change up the look. Does anyone know if the seller ships the bloody or non-bloody version by default? I’m hoping it’s the non bloody, but curious what others received

4EDF2BD0-853A-4FB6-A74D-C0701A6BCBC3 (resized).png4EDF2BD0-853A-4FB6-A74D-C0701A6BCBC3 (resized).png
#6956 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I broke down and ordered the alternate translite to change up the look. Does anyone know if the seller ships the bloody or non-bloody version by default? I’m hoping it’s the non bloody, but curious what others received[quoted image]

The auction states, "Please leave a note with your purchase or payment stating which version you would like to receive."

You might not get anything until you do that.

#6957 4 years ago

In the spirit and celebration of Halloween, I’m happy to share a little update with my fellow hunters of the night creature, and have uploaded the BSD Expanded Remix (v1) on to Pinsound. It's currently awaiting them to officially publish.

In the meantime, the zip file is on this Google Drive link for those that want it for tonight's spooky festivities: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-sgtK3Q-kBvcYIAajLnXyITHqKV3Myba
(click the download arrow in the top right corner and drag the entire zip file on your empty thumb drive)

Before I dig into the details and creative direction…

Big thanks to @hawknole, a very helpful partner in this. Even as he embarked on a PF swap / re-decaling of his BSD shortly after breaking ground on this update several months ago, he helped organize/create some great assets used, always there to bounce ideas off of and test things as the ungodly amount of hours and countless vampire-like nights preparing and placing materials went on. It was a beast, a monster.

I’d like to acknowledge and thank Hazzard for being the originator and first to kick off the BSD Pinsound saga with his mix, which directly inspired me to get my own BSD. It reminded me how great the movie’s music was. I like challenging games, classical music and the monster genre, so having all of that in this iconic gothic theme got my blood flowing. There are sound effects and voice call outs from his mix that I loved and still in place for this update.

Thanks to my friends Colsond3 and neverahighscore for tossing this into your games to beta test.

And thanks to Nicolas PinSound for the support and transferring the mix to the proper size and filing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**THE MIX**

Everything added into this mix are assets collected from the 1992 Columbia Pictures film, Bram Stoker’s Dracula.

The mission of this mix is to bring through more elements of the movie, and primarily focuses on a completely revamped suite of music. It includes some new call outs and SFX replacing some items, and a fresh twist of audible depth to gameplay (see The New Features below).

To compliment the rinse and repeat nature of the rules, there is good variety in the songs with (81) tracks in total. Some are alternates of each other, most are new, and only a few repeat across the modes. Each mode has it’s own suite of music to choose from, and each multi-ball has it’s own signature song(s). The goal is to create a unique feel to the various levels of the game, and increase the chances of a different musical experience from ball to ball, game to game.

This V1 edition is considered a first draft. I already have a list of tweaks and additions, things to clean up in the files, further dial in levels, etc. I’ll consider all community feedback, and eventually release V2. The things I still want to do aren’t worth the hold up to not share this where it stands.

And if you haven’t in a while, or ever, I highly suggest you WATCH THE MOVIE!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**THE MUSIC**

The film’s director, Francis Ford Coppola, sought an old world eastern European feel to the project’s music, so he bucked the usual Hollywood name and tapped Polish composer, Wojciech Kilar, who had no prior experience placing music to film, let alone a major studio project.

Kilar’s style is described by Coppola as “sustained emotion-minimalism crossbred with Polish folk music and the meditative mood of the Catholic church.” He came up with this described low prodding piano appreggio that marches us into ancient Transylvania, ominous melodies in lower registers of brass, with lush swirling flirtatious music box sounds and deep cello lines that swirl like fog. Dark, mysterious, seductive, romantic strings, thrashing themes, a chanting chorus with trumpet-sputtering and percussive violence befitting of the legendary impaler. The composition is aimed to portray the old world, worship, the brutal and dangerous nature of the Vampire, but also the pain and heartbreak Dracula carries with him.

Kilar created a full scene-by-scene score that tells the entire film through music with a 100-piece orchestra and 50-voice choir.

The original soundtrack album released in ‘92 is missing a lot of the great music you hear in the background of the movie (Kilar’s score), so it’s rather limited with only 5-6 good songs fit for pinball throughout the album.

The game changer for me in all of this, is while digging into this mix, I was able to source Kilar’s scene-by-scene score (legally) in full remastered quality. Prior to that release, most have never been heard if they weren’t used in the background scenes of the film or made the cut for the ‘92 soundtrack. So now in addition to the original soundtrack, this gave me over two hours of new music, alternates, and bonus tracks to play with. I tried to squeeze as much of it as I could in the BSD Expanded Remix.

I still have a couple odd ball songs, sound effects, call outs and chants I’m trying to find a home for in V2, and more to come as I dissect the movie to place into the game.

**THE NEW FEATURES**

Start and End of Game Call Outs:
The monster that breathing men would kill begins and ends the game with an additional call out from the movie.

Players Added:
Hear the growls and howls of the wolves in the forest as you add to the pack.

Pre-Launch Music:
(16) songs to choose from sets an eerie ambiance before you begin the hunt.

Ball Launch Sounds:
(6) different sounds to choose from as you plunge into the dangerous depths of Dracula’s lair.

Skill Shot Success:
New sound for when the player achieves the skill shot. This is inspired by the scene where Harker (Keanu) gets dropped off by carriage in Dracula's land and has an intense moment where he notices a crucified wolf on a stake as lightning cracks. I viewed this as valuable intel before you go on the hunt and should be rewarded for it.

Multiplier Rollovers:
As you enter the castle through the upper rollovers, you’ll hear a variety of eerie sounds of Dracula’s spirit, just like when Dracula disguised as the carriage driver reached his monster arm out to pull Harker in. This is to portray being pulled into the castle.

Main In-Game Music:
(1) main song with (6) variations of that song to choose from as you enter the castle to begin the hunt.

Slings:
Based on the art, the slings to me represent the castle structure itself, and in the movie, anytime you’re around Dracula in the castle, you hear the faint yells and cries of his victims or the hauntings of the old castle’s inhabitants. It’s those spirits manipulating the ball.

In-Lanes:
Lighting the Coffin 2X insert from the left in-lane, you’ll hear the sound of Van Helsing’s blade sharpen as you gear up to attack the coffin.

Lighting the Mystery hole insert from the right in-lane, you’ll hear the Romanian prayer spoken to Harker as he's dropped off in the Carpathian wilderness. I viewed this as an asset for the player to recall on and light the Mystery reward upon doing so.

Spot Targets:
Hear the new cries and moans of the concubines as you battle them in the castle. You’ll be taunted if you hit the middle target prematurely, hear subtle groans and foreign language of the brides progress as you achieve the first and second hits, and lighting the castle lock insert by completing all 3 targets, Dracula or the brides yell out in anger as you get ever so closer to their destruction.

Bats:
(2) new songs to choose make your heart pump faster as you take on the swarm.

Rats:
(1) new song to embody your dismay as you try to survive the infestation.

Video Mode:
(1) new song and (2) variations of that song with a new call-out from the movie upon being eaten by the wolves.

Castle MB:
(3) unique songs to symbolize each bride, with (5) variations to choose from, some with customized add-ons. Besides the song called ‘The Brides’, all are meant to be fast paced and riveting as you fight these devils of the pit.

Castle MB Target Jackpot:
New sound for completing the three spot targets mid MB.

Coffin MB:
(1) main song with (5) variations to choose from, some with customized add-ons. These songs are meant to be medium paced as you attack the monster himself.

Mist MB:
(1) main song with (4) variations to choose from, some with customized add-ons. These songs are meant to be a slower pace to symbolize the flowing nature of the dangerous mist.

Post Mode Music:
(8) songs to choose from with a couple having customized add-ons. Now as you exit modes like any multi-balls or Rats, you will be met with a unique set of songs to symbolize you witnessing the horrors of Dracula.

Replay:
(1) new main song with (5) variations of that song to choose from.

Enter the Initials - Grand Champion:
(1) new song strictly for the newly crowned GC. One of my favorite songs of the bunch. You can actually listen in it’s entirety if you don’t input all 3 letters. All other initials pull from the Mist MB folder.

End Game Music:
(25) new songs to choose from that play a short melodic tune as your hunt officially ends. The game will also pull a song from one of the Coffin MB folders.

**THE TECHNICALS**

Simply download the zip file via the link above, by clicking the 'download' arrow in the top right corner to acquire the entire zip file, and after clearing your external drive (see the next step), throw the entire zip file as is onto the thumb drive. It takes about 20 minutes to upload into the game.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND clearing your external hard drive before uploading any new mix to avoid interference from a past mix saved. Not just dragging files to the trash, but a complete reformat as the drive erases past data not seen in the devices contents. It’s easy and can be done in less than a minute.

For Mac: http://osxdaily.com/2012/01/04/format-an-external-hard-drive-or-usb-flash-drive-for-mac-os-x/#targetText=Launch%20Disk%20Utility%2C%20located%20in,Mac%20OS%20Extended%20(Journaled)%E2%80%9D

For PC: https://www.wikihow.com/Format-an-External-Hard-Drive

The mix was created on my machine wired for stereo and using the Pyle speakers in the head and cab previously mentioned in this thread.

My volume is typically set to 7 or 8 out loud, 5 or 6 if I play with my Bose headphones via the Pinsound headphone station and the volume knob on that is typically set to max.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND an external sub as that’s how it was mixed, and my Polk sub was set to 0’ phase, half strength on the Low Pass (HZ) knob, and 3/4 strength on volume knob. My sub is directly connected to the Pinsound board. This to me is the full experience and I can never go back.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND switching the ‘Volume Change’ setting #8 in the Feature Adjustments menu to ‘No’. This helps avoid the game making random volume peaks and lows I’m not fond of. I think it sounds great with this set to off.

If the mix sounds off to you, or your machine rattles due to the bass, etc. tweak your external sub and/or the Pinsound board’s knobs to dial it in. Mine sounds crystal clear and like a movie. Anything rattling is diluting the clarity of the experience.

Please enjoy, Happy Halloween, and for the dead travel fast...

Werewolf (resized).jpgWerewolf (resized).jpg

#6958 4 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

In the spirit and celebration of Halloween, I’m happy to share a little update with my fellow hunters of the night creature, and have uploaded the BSD Expanded Remix (V1) on to @Pinsound. It's currently awaiting them to officially publish.
In the meantime, I have posted the zip file on this Google Drive link for those that want it for tonight's spooky festivities: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-sgtK3Q-kBvcYIAajLnXyITHqKV3Myba
Big thanks to @hawknole, a very helpful partner in this. Even as he embarked on a PF swap / re-decaling of his BSD shortly after breaking ground on this update several months ago, he helped organize/create some great assets used, always there to bounce ideas off of and help test things as the ungodly amount of hours and countless vampire-like nights preparing and placing materials went on. It was a beast, a monster.
I’d like to acknowledge and thank @Hazzard for being the originator and first to kick off the BSD Pinsound saga with his mix, which directly inspired me to get my own BSD. It reminded me how great the movie’s music was. I like challenging games, classical music and the monster genre, so having all of that in this iconic gothic theme got my blood flowing. There are sound effects and voice call outs from his mix that I loved and are still in place for this update.
And thanks to my friends @colsond and @neverahighscore for tossing this into your games to beta test.
**THE MIX**
The mission of this mix is to bring through more elements of the movie, and primarily focuses on a completely revamped suite of music. It includes some new call outs and SFX replacing some items, and a fresh twist of audible depth to gameplay (see The New Features below).
To compliment the rinse and repeat nature of the rules, there is good variety in the songs with (81) tracks in total. Some of them are alternates of each other, most of them new, and only a few repeat across the modes. Each mode has it’s own carefully selected suite of music to choose from, and each multi-ball has it’s own signature song(s). The vision is to create a unique feel to the various levels of the game, and increase the chances of a different musical experience from ball to ball, game to game.
This V1 edition is somewhat of a first draft. I already have a list of tweaks and additions, things to clean up in the files, further dial in levels, etc. I’ll consider all community feedback, and eventually release V2. The things I still want to do aren’t worth the hold up to not share this where it stands.
Everything added into this mix are assets collected from the 1992 Columbia Pictures film, Bram Stoker’s Dracula. And if you haven’t in a while, or ever, I highly suggest you WATCH THE MOVIE!
**THE MUSIC**
The film’s director, Francis Ford Coppola, sought a classical old world eastern European feel to the project’s music, so he bucked the usual Hollywood name and tapped Polish composer, Wojciech Kilar, who was not a big name, even in Poland, and had no prior experience placing music to film, let alone a major studio project.
Kilar’s style is described by Coppola as “sustained emotion-minimalism crossbred with Polish folk music and the meditative mood of the Catholic church.” Kilar came up with this described low prodding piano appreggio that marches us into ancient Transylvania, ominous melodies in lower registers of brass, with lush swirling flirtatious music box sounds and deep cello lines that swirl like fog. Dark, mysterious, seductive, romantic strings, thrashing themes, a chanting chorus with trumpet-sputtering and percussive violence befitting of the legendary impaler. The composition is aimed to portray the old world, worship, the brutal and dangerous nature of the Vampire, but also the pain and heartbreak Dracula carries with him.
Kilar created a full scene-by-scene score that tells the entire film through music with a 100-piece orchestra and 50-voice choir.
The original soundtrack album released in ‘92 is missing a lot of the great music you hear in the background of the movie (Kilar’s score), so it’s rather limited and has roughly 5-6 good songs fit for pinball throughout the album.
The game changer for me in all of this, is while digging into this mix, I was able to source Kilar’s scene-by-scene score (legally) in full remastered quality. Prior to that release, most have never been heard if they weren’t used in the background scenes of the film or made the cut for the ‘92 soundtrack. So now in addition to the original soundtrack, this gave me over two hours of new music, alternates, and bonus tracks to play with. I tried to squeeze as much of it as I could in the BSD Expanded Remix. I still have a couple odd ball songs, sound effects, call outs and chants I’m trying to find a home for in V2, and surely more to come as I dissect the movie to place into the game.
**THE NEW FEATURES**
The monster that breathing men would kill begins and ends the game with an additional call out from the movie.
Players Added:
Pre-Launch Music:
(16) songs to choose from sets the stage with an eerie ambiance before you begin the hunt.
Ball Launch Sounds:
(6) different sounds to choose from as you plunge into the dangerous territory of Dracula’s lair.
Skill Shot Success:
New sound for when the player achieves the skill shot. This is inspired by the scene where Harker (Keanu) gets dropped off by carriage in Dracula's territory and has an intense moment where he notices a crucified wolf on a stake as lightning cracks. I view this as valuable intel before you go on the hunt and should be rewarded for it.
Multiplier Rollovers:
As you enter the castle through the upper rollovers, you’ll hear a variety of eerie sounds of Dracula’s spirit, just like when Dracula disguised as the carriage driver reached his monster arm out to pull Harker in. This is to portray being pulled into the castle.
In-Game Music:
(1) main song with (6) variations of that song to choose from as you enter the castle to begin the hunt.
Slings:
Based on the art, the slings to me represent the castle structure itself, and in the movie, anytime you’re around Dracula in the castle, you hear the faint yells and cries of his victims or the hauntings of the old castle’s inhabitants. It’s those spirits manipulating the ball.
In-Lanes:
Lighting the Coffin 2X insert from the left in-lane, you’ll hear the sound of Van Helsing’s blade sharpen as you gear up to attack the coffin.
Lighting the mystery hole insert from the right in-lane, you’ll hear the Romanian prayer spoken to Harker as he was dropped off in the Carpathian wilderness. I viewed this as an asset for the player to recall on and light the mystery reward upon doing so.
Spot Targets:
Hear the new cries and moans of the concubines as you battle them in the castle. You’ll be taunted if you hit the middle target prematurely, you’ll hear subtle groans and foreign language of the concubines progress as you achieve the first and second hits, and lighting the castle lock insert by completing all 3 targets, Dracula or the brides yell out in anger as you get ever so closer to their destruction.
Bats:
Feel your heart pump faster as you take on the swarm with (2) new songs to choose from.
Rats:
Survive the infestation with (1) new song to embody your dismay.
Video Mode:
(1) new song and (2) variations of that song with a new call-out from the movie upon being eaten by the wolves.
Castle MB:
(3) unique songs to symbolize each bride, with (5) variations to choose from, some with customized add-ons. Besides the song called ‘The Brides’, all are meant to be fast paced and riveting as you fight these devils of the pit.
New sound for when completing the three spot targets mid MB.
Coffin MB:
(1) main song with (5) variations to choose from, some with customized add-ons. These songs are meant to be medium paced as you attack the monster himself.
Mist MB:
(1) main song with (4) variations to choose from, some with customized add-ons. These songs are meant to be a slower pace to symbolize the flowing nature of the dangerous mist.
Post Mode Music:
(8) songs to choose from with a couple having customized add-ons. Now as you exit modes like any Multi-balls or Rats, you will be met with a unique set of songs to symbolize you witnessing the horrors of Dracula.
Replay:
(1) new song strictly for the newly crowned GC. One of my favorite songs of the bunch. You can actually listen in it’s entirety if you don’t input all 3 letters. All other initials pull from the Mist MB folder.
End Game Music:
(25) new songs to choose from that play a short melodic tune as your hunt officially ends.
**THE TECHNICALS**
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND clearing your external hard drive before uploading any new mix to avoid interference from a past mix saved. Not just dragging files to the trash, but a complete reformat as the drive erases past data not seen in the devices contents. It’s easy and can be done in less than a minute.
For Mac: http://osxdaily.com/2012/01/04/format-an-external-hard-drive-or-usb-flash-drive-for-mac-os-x/#targetText=Launch%20Disk%20Utility%2C%20located%20in,Mac%20OS%20Extended%20(Journaled)%E2%80%9D
The mix was created on my machine wired for stereo and using the Pyle speakers in the head and cab previously mentioned in this thread.
My volume is typically set to 7 or 8 out loud, 5 or 6 if I play with my Bose headphones via the Pinsound headphone station and the volume knob on that is typically set to max.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND an external sub as that’s how it was mixed, and my Polk sub was set to 0’ phase, half strength on the Low Pass (HZ) knob, and 3/4 strength on volume knob. My sub is directly connected to the Pinsound board. This to me is the full experience and I can never go back.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND switching the ‘Volume Change’ setting #8 in the Feature Adjustments menu to ‘No’. This helps avoid the game making random volume peaks and lows I’m not fond of. I think it sounds great with this set to off.
If the mix sounds off to you, or your machine rattles due to the bass, etc. tweak your external sub and/or the Pinsound board’s knobs to dial it in. Mine sounds crystal clear and like a movie. Anything rattling is diluting the clarity of the experience.
Please enjoy, happy Halloween and for the dead travel fast...
[quoted image]

Congrats my friend, some vampire-like nights indeed. Thanks for the new mix and to my fellow hunters, Happy Halloween and enjoy!

#6959 4 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

In the spirit and celebration of Halloween, I’m happy to share a little update with my fellow hunters of the night creature, and have uploaded the BSD Expanded Remix (V1) on to Pinsound. It's currently awaiting them to officially publish.
In the meantime, I have posted the zip file on this Google Drive link for those that want it for tonight's spooky festivities: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-sgtK3Q-kBvcYIAajLnXyITHqKV3Myba
Big thanks to hawknole, a very helpful partner in this. Even as he embarked on a PF swap / re-decaling of his BSD shortly after breaking ground on this update several months ago, he helped organize/create some great assets used, always there to bounce ideas off of and help test things as the ungodly amount of hours and countless vampire-like nights preparing and placing materials went on. It was a beast, a monster.
I’d like to acknowledge and thank hazzard for being the originator and first to kick off the BSD Pinsound saga with his mix, which directly inspired me to get my own BSD. It reminded me how great the movie’s music was. I like challenging games, classical music and the monster genre, so having all of that in this iconic gothic theme got my blood flowing. There are sound effects and voice call outs from his mix that I loved and are still in place for this update.
And thanks to my friends colsond3 and neverahighscore for tossing this into your games to beta test.
**THE MIX**
To compliment the rinse and repeat nature of the rules, there is good variety in the songs with (81) tracks in total. Some of them are alternates of each other, most of them new, and only a few repeat across the modes. Each mode has it’s own carefully selected suite of music to choose from, and each multi-ball has it’s own signature song(s). The vision is to create a unique feel to the various levels of the game, and increase the chances of a different musical experience from ball to ball, game to game.
This V1 edition is somewhat of a first draft. I already have a list of tweaks and additions, things to clean up in the files, further dial in levels, etc. I’ll consider all community feedback, and eventually release V2. The things I still want to do aren’t worth the hold up to not share this where it stands.
Everything added into this mix are assets collected from the 1992 Columbia Pictures film, Bram Stoker’s Dracula. And if you haven’t in a while, or ever, I highly suggest you WATCH THE MOVIE!
**THE MUSIC**
The film’s director, Francis Ford Coppola, sought a classical old world eastern European feel to the project’s music, so he bucked the usual Hollywood name and tapped Polish composer, Wojciech Kilar, who was not a big name, even in Poland, and had no prior experience placing music to film, let alone a major studio project.
Kilar’s style is described by Coppola as “sustained emotion-minimalism crossbred with Polish folk music and the meditative mood of the Catholic church.” Kilar came up with this described low prodding piano appreggio that marches us into ancient Transylvania, ominous melodies in lower registers of brass, with lush swirling flirtatious music box sounds and deep cello lines that swirl like fog. Dark, mysterious, seductive, romantic strings, thrashing themes, a chanting chorus with trumpet-sputtering and percussive violence befitting of the legendary impaler. The composition is aimed to portray the old world, worship, the brutal and dangerous nature of the Vampire, but also the pain and heartbreak Dracula carries with him.
The original soundtrack album released in ‘92 is missing a lot of the great music you hear in the background of the movie (Kilar’s score), so it’s rather limited and has roughly 5-6 good songs fit for pinball throughout the album.
The game changer for me in all of this, is while digging into this mix, I was able to source Kilar’s scene-by-scene score (legally) in full remastered quality. Prior to that release, most have never been heard if they weren’t used in the background scenes of the film or made the cut for the ‘92 soundtrack. So now in addition to the original soundtrack, this gave me over two hours of new music, alternates, and bonus tracks to play with. I tried to squeeze as much of it as I could in the BSD Expanded Remix. I still have a couple odd ball songs, sound effects, call outs and chants I’m trying to find a home for in V2, and surely more to come as I dissect the movie to place into the game.
**THE NEW FEATURES**
Players Added:
Pre-Launch Music:
(16) songs to choose from sets the stage with an eerie ambiance before you begin the hunt.
Ball Launch Sounds:
(6) different sounds to choose from as you plunge into the dangerous territory of Dracula’s lair.
Skill Shot Success:
New sound for when the player achieves the skill shot. This is inspired by the scene where Harker (Keanu) gets dropped off by carriage in Dracula's territory and has an intense moment where he notices a crucified wolf on a stake as lightning cracks. I view this as valuable intel before you go on the hunt and should be rewarded for it.
Multiplier Rollovers:
Main In-Game Music:
Slings:
In-Lanes:
Lighting the mystery hole insert from the right in-lane, you’ll hear the Romanian prayer spoken to Harker as he was dropped off in the Carpathian wilderness. I viewed this as an asset for the player to recall on and light the mystery reward upon doing so.
Spot Targets:
Hear the new cries and moans of the concubines as you battle them in the castle. You’ll be taunted if you hit the middle target prematurely, you’ll hear subtle groans and foreign language of the concubines progress as you achieve the first and second hits, and lighting the castle lock insert by completing all 3 targets, Dracula or the brides yell out in anger as you get ever so closer to their destruction.
Bats:
Feel your heart pump faster as you take on the swarm with (2) new songs to choose from.
Rats:
Survive the infestation with (1) new song to embody your dismay.
Video Mode:
Castle MB:
New sound for when completing the three spot targets mid MB.
Coffin MB:
Mist MB:
Post Mode Music:
(8) songs to choose from with a couple having customized add-ons. Now as you exit modes like any Multi-balls or Rats, you will be met with a unique set of songs to symbolize you witnessing the horrors of Dracula.
Replay:
End Game Music:
(25) new songs to choose from that play a short melodic tune as your hunt officially ends, or the game will pull a song from one of the Coffin MB folders.
**THE TECHNICALS**
Simply download the zip file via the Google Drive link above, and after clearing your external drive (see the next step), throw the entire zip file as is onto the thumb drive. It takes about 20 minutes to upload into the game.
Please enjoy, happy Halloween and for the dead travel fast...
[quoted image]

Sweet....looks like fun!!!

#6960 4 years ago

Back in the club,again,third time is a charm
Always miss this game when it’s gone
Found a decent copy at a great price
so I didn’t mind that it has sound when the ball hits targets but no speech or music
Any ideas on where to start
Thanks!

#6961 4 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Back in the club,again,third time is a charm
Always miss this game when it’s gone
Found a decent copy at a great price
so I didn’t mind that it has sound when the ball hits targets but no speech or music
Any ideas on where to start
Thanks!

My guess is the flat cable connection

#6962 4 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

In the spirit and celebration of Halloween, I’m happy to share a little update with my fellow hunters of the night creature, and have uploaded the BSD Expanded Remix (v1) on to Pinsound. It's currently awaiting them to officially publish.
In the meantime, the zip file is on this Google Drive link for those that want it for tonight's spooky festivities: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-sgtK3Q-kBvcYIAajLnXyITHqKV3Myba
(click the download arrow in the top right corner and drag the entire zip file on your empty thumb drive)
Big thanks to hawknole, a very helpful partner in this. Even as he embarked on a PF swap / re-decaling of his BSD shortly after breaking ground on this update several months ago, he helped organize/create some great assets used, always there to bounce ideas off of and test things as the ungodly amount of hours and countless vampire-like nights preparing and placing materials went on. It was a beast, a monster.
I’d like to acknowledge and thank hazzard for being the originator and first to kick off the BSD Pinsound saga with his mix, which directly inspired me to get my own BSD. It reminded me how great the movie’s music was. I like challenging games, classical music and the monster genre, so having all of that in this iconic gothic theme got my blood flowing. There are sound effects and voice call outs from his mix that I loved and still in place for this update.
Thanks to my friends colsond3 and neverahighscore for tossing this into your games to beta test.
And thanks to Nicolas pinsound for the support and transferring the mix to the proper size and filing.
**THE MIX**
Everything added into this mix are assets collected from the 1992 Columbia Pictures film, Bram Stoker’s Dracula.
To compliment the rinse and repeat nature of the rules, there is good variety in the songs with (81) tracks in total. Some are alternates of each other, most are new, and only a few repeat across the modes. Each mode has it’s own suite of music to choose from, and each multi-ball has it’s own signature song(s). The goal is to create a unique feel to the various levels of the game, and increase the chances of a different musical experience from ball to ball, game to game.
This V1 edition is considered a first draft. I already have a list of tweaks and additions, things to clean up in the files, further dial in levels, etc. I’ll consider all community feedback, and eventually release V2. The things I still want to do aren’t worth the hold up to not share this where it stands.
**THE MUSIC**
The film’s director, Francis Ford Coppola, sought an old world eastern European feel to the project’s music, so he bucked the usual Hollywood name and tapped Polish composer, Wojciech Kilar, who had no prior experience placing music to film, let alone a major studio project.
Kilar’s style is described by Coppola as “sustained emotion-minimalism crossbred with Polish folk music and the meditative mood of the Catholic church.” He came up with this described low prodding piano appreggio that marches us into ancient Transylvania, ominous melodies in lower registers of brass, with lush swirling flirtatious music box sounds and deep cello lines that swirl like fog. Dark, mysterious, seductive, romantic strings, thrashing themes, a chanting chorus with trumpet-sputtering and percussive violence befitting of the legendary impaler. The composition is aimed to portray the old world, worship, the brutal and dangerous nature of the Vampire, but also the pain and heartbreak Dracula carries with him.
The original soundtrack album released in ‘92 is missing a lot of the great music you hear in the background of the movie (Kilar’s score), so it’s rather limited with only 5-6 good songs fit for pinball throughout the album.
The game changer for me in all of this, is while digging into this mix, I was able to source Kilar’s scene-by-scene score (legally) in full remastered quality. Prior to that release, most have never been heard if they weren’t used in the background scenes of the film or made the cut for the ‘92 soundtrack. So now in addition to the original soundtrack, this gave me over two hours of new music, alternates, and bonus tracks to play with. I tried to squeeze as much of it as I could in the BSD Expanded Remix.
I still have a couple odd ball songs, sound effects, call outs and chants I’m trying to find a home for in V2, and more to come as I dissect the movie to place into the game.
**THE NEW FEATURES**
Players Added:
Pre-Launch Music:
Ball Launch Sounds:
(6) different sounds to choose from as you plunge into the dangerous depths of Dracula’s lair.
Skill Shot Success:
New sound for when the player achieves the skill shot. This is inspired by the scene where Harker (Keanu) gets dropped off by carriage in Dracula's land and has an intense moment where he notices a crucified wolf on a stake as lightning cracks. I viewed this as valuable intel before you go on the hunt and should be rewarded for it.
Multiplier Rollovers:
Main In-Game Music:
Slings:
In-Lanes:
Lighting the Mystery hole insert from the right in-lane, you’ll hear the Romanian prayer spoken to Harker as he's dropped off in the Carpathian wilderness. I viewed this as an asset for the player to recall on and light the Mystery reward upon doing so.
Spot Targets:
Hear the new cries and moans of the concubines as you battle them in the castle. You’ll be taunted if you hit the middle target prematurely, hear subtle groans and foreign language of the brides progress as you achieve the first and second hits, and lighting the castle lock insert by completing all 3 targets, Dracula or the brides yell out in anger as you get ever so closer to their destruction.
Bats:
Rats:
Video Mode:
Castle MB:
Coffin MB:
Mist MB:
Post Mode Music:
(8) songs to choose from with a couple having customized add-ons. Now as you exit modes like any multi-balls or Rats, you will be met with a unique set of songs to symbolize you witnessing the horrors of Dracula.
Replay:
End Game Music:
(25) new songs to choose from that play a short melodic tune as your hunt officially ends. The game will also pull a song from one of the Coffin MB folders.
**THE TECHNICALS**
Simply download the zip file via the link above, by clicking the 'download' arrow in the top right corner to acquire the entire zip file, and after clearing your external drive (see the next step), throw the entire zip file as is onto the thumb drive. It takes about 20 minutes to upload into the game.
[quoted image]

Cool! Looking forward to checking it out!

#6963 4 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Big thanks to hawknole, a very helpful partner in this. Even as he embarked on a PF swap / re-decaling of his BSD shortly after breaking ground on this update several months ago, he helped organize/create some great assets used, always there to bounce ideas off of and test things as the ungodly amount of hours and countless vampire-like nights preparing and placing materials went on. It was a beast, a monster.
I’d like to acknowledge and thank hazzard for being the originator and first to kick off the BSD Pinsound saga with his mix, which directly inspired me to get my own BSD. It reminded me how great the movie’s music was. I like challenging games, classical music and the monster genre, so having all of that in this iconic gothic theme got my blood flowing. There are sound effects and voice call outs from his mix that I loved and still in place for this update.
Thanks to my friends colsond3 and neverahighscore for tossing this into your games to beta test.
And thanks to Nicolas pinsound for the support and transferring the mix to the proper size and filing.
**THE MIX**
**THE MUSIC**
**THE NEW FEATURES**
Players Added:
Pre-Launch Music:
Ball Launch Sounds:
Skill Shot Success:
Multiplier Rollovers:
Main In-Game Music:
Slings:
In-Lanes:
Spot Targets:
Bats:
Rats:
Video Mode:
Castle MB:
Coffin MB:
Mist MB:
Post Mode Music:
Replay:
End Game Music:
**THE TECHNICALS**
[quoted image]

Wow! Looks/sounds great!!! I am away from home but will down load as soon as I get back.

Quick question, when you state “choose” a different song does the game does that automatically or is that now a manual player choice (kinda like at the start of MSF)

Thank you very much !!!

#6964 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I broke down and ordered the alternate translite to change up the look. Does anyone know if the seller ships the bloody or non-bloody version by default? I’m hoping it’s the non bloody, but curious what others received[quoted image]

The seller emailed me to ask my desire before shipping.

#6965 4 years ago

Sorry dreaded double post

#6966 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Wow! Looks/sounds great!!! I am away from home but will down load as soon as I get back.
Quick question, when you state “choose” a different song does the game does that automatically or is that now a manual player choice (kinda like at the start of MSF)
Thank you very much !!!

Thank you, Sulli. I can see how my wording could be interpreted that way. Your first assumption is correct that the game now has multiple versions to randomly choose from. I’ll try to see if I can add the word randomly to rephrase it. Thanks for catching that.

#6967 4 years ago
Quoted from harig:

My guess is the flat cable connection

Haha just thought maybe this was a common problem on this title
Digging through it now but thanks

#6968 4 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

**THE MIX**
**THE MUSIC**
**THE NEW FEATURES**
Players Added:
Pre-Launch Music:
Ball Launch Sounds:
Skill Shot Success:
Multiplier Rollovers:
Main In-Game Music:
Slings:
In-Lanes:
Spot Targets:
Bats:
Rats:
Video Mode:
Castle MB:
Coffin MB:
Mist MB:
Post Mode Music:
Replay:
End Game Music:
**THE TECHNICALS**
[quoted image]

Hi, down loaded your track and it made great even greater!!!!
Couple of comments. Still trying to tune mine to get the Woman’s voices to be loader/clearer.
Also it seems the ten/twenty million callouts as well as making the coffin shot sounds during coffin multi ball are abnormally subdued. Am I missing something?

Thanks, the sounds in this game are very intricate. Well done!!!

#6969 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Couple of comments. Still trying to tune mine to get the Woman’s voices to be loader/clearer.
Also it seems the ten/twenty million callouts as well as making the coffin shot sounds during coffin multi ball are abnormally subdued. Am I missing something?

Can you post a video ? I'd love to hear this in action !

#6970 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Glad you like it and thanks for the feedback. I think I'm going to release a 1.1 version and turn up some things, like the 10/20/30 million call outs, and some of those other noises you mentioned. I was playing tonight and noticed it too.

What happened was, I originally recorded everything in 32 bit WAV which are big quality audio files, it sounded rich and great. Everything was perfectly balanced, but the entire zip package was 3GB. Which is huge. While it was that size, it even took me an hour to upload into my game, but I thought it was worth the wait haha.

Upon sending it to Pinsound last week, they informed me the package had to be under 500MB, so then everything got converted to OGG audio files, which is a smaller audio size than WAV and allowed me to fit the hundred or so additional songs and sounds I added. That conversion made some random sounds go a notch higher and some a notch lower, and those you mentioned were some of the ones that suffered. This all happened about 24 hours prior to my personal Halloween deadline to release and so after months of getting it perfect, I was scrambling the day prior to release to balance those unexpected changes. Go figure.

Let me run through those noises tonight or tomorrow, and I promise I'll send out a 1.1 version with all of that perfected.

And when you say the woman's voice, do you mean the Mystery in-lane Romanian prayer?

Stand by for an update!

#6971 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Can you post a video ? I'd love to hear this in action !

I'll get a video of the gameplay. Let me make those changes and then I'll shoot one for people.

1.1 will be a tweaking of those sounds Sulli mentioned. And when I do V2 that will have more call outs and sounds from the movie, and maybe another song or two I haven't fit in yet.

The last second emergency tweaking I did was through my Bose headphones on noise cancellation, so that might have made some things clearer than they really were, and the day of release in my last tests, the house had to be quiet due to my lady doing some work over the phone, again go figure!

Stand by for an updated version and thanks for your patience on this. It'll be worth the wait, trust me.

#6972 4 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

And when you say the woman's voice, do you mean the Mystery in-lane Romanian prayer?
Stand by for an update!

I will go back and try to listen more. But it seems sometimes when the women speak in the tracks their voices are softer and harder to hear.

LOL so that is what is going on —- a Romanian prayer? I was trying to figure out what was going on there .

Again tho this is a fabulous update!!!!

#6973 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I will go back and try to listen more. But it seems sometimes when the women speak in the tracks their voices are softer and harder to hear.
LOL so that is what is going on —- a Romanian prayer? I was trying to figure out what was going on there .
Again tho this is a fabulous update!!!!

Yeah, that sound is a little hard to get right because her voice is so soft, I also added a little reverb echo to it, to make it sound dream-like, as if the player is recalling those words in their head (if that makes sense). I turned that one up and down and up and down so many times. But I agree it could be louder.

In the movie, when Harker is dropped off by carriage in the dark and scary wilderness before Dracula's carriage comes and gets him, the village people in the carriage with him are scared to death of the area, and a woman hands him a rosary and says the prayer "For The Dead Travel Fast".

The saying is at 2:23 of this video here:

and what she's saying is if you die, lets pray your soul travels to heaven quickly and doesn't get caught in limbo. That's my interpretation of it.

#6974 4 years ago

I have a set of Rad Cals for BSD for $250 if anyone wants them pm me. They are $369 on Mirco.

#6975 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRush72:

I have a set of Rad Cals for BSD for $250 if anyone wants them pm me. They are $369 on Mirco.

Why didn't you end up using them?

#6976 4 years ago

Was going to but just don’t have the time to get it done.

#6977 4 years ago

Rad cals are sold pending pickup

#6978 4 years ago

Could someone share with me the degrees of incline you guys have set on your machines? I feel like I can't find a comfortable setting. Admittedly I'm not always great at Dracula, but some games I feel like it's impossible for me to hit the left ramp.

Also, when aligning the flippers, what is the best practice here? I've read about putting a toothpick in the holes underneath, and tightening them down.

#6979 4 years ago
Quoted from blazingsaddlz:

Could someone share with me the degrees of incline you guys have set on your machines?

Usually 6 to 6.5 degrees. I think I settled at 6.2 or so.

Yes, toothpicks and a couple of small clamps to hold them in place when you flip up the playfield. Often the flipper shafts get a heavy indent that the adjustment screws settle in ... so when you release the clamps they’re still not lined up right. I usually take them to the grinder to smooth them out a bit before installing ... or just buy new ones.

#6980 4 years ago

Can’t wait to see/hear this new PinSound mix, been meaning to order the board and speakers for mine.

#6981 4 years ago

Could someone share with me the degrees of incline you guys have set on your machines? I feel like I can't find a comfortable setting. Admittedly I'm not always great at Dracula, but some games I feel like it's impossible for me to hit the left ramp.
Also, when aligning the flippers, what is the best practice here? I've read about putting a toothpick in the holes underneath, and tightening them down.

If you’re having trouble hitting ramps, do a quick clean of your flipper mech. Clean the bat with rubbing alcohol and install a new coil sleeve. You’ll be amazed at how snappy that makes your shots.

You might need a full flipper kit rebuild. But I’d start with a quick cleaning.

Same goes for your pop bumpers. Just a little cleaning can really tune them up and refresh your gameplay experience

#6982 4 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Can’t wait to see/hear this new PinSound mix, been meaning to order the board and speakers for mine.

New update coming tonight... Just tweaking the levels on a few things and would appreciate another round of public testing. I want to get it right and over the cold dark winter I'll watch the movie 30 Million times and add more.

I'm going to try and shoot a video of gameplay too.

#6983 4 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Usually 6 to 6.5 degrees. I think I settled at 6.2 or so.
Yes, toothpicks and a couple of small clamps to hold them in place when you flip up the playfield. Often the flipper shafts get a heavy indent that the adjustment screws settle in ... so when you release the clamps they’re still not lined up right. I usually take them to the grinder to smooth them out a bit before installing ... or just buy new ones.

Good deal, I'll give that a try.

Quoted from 27dnast:

If you’re having trouble hitting ramps, do a quick clean of your flipper mech. Clean the bat with rubbing alcohol and install a new coil sleeve. You’ll be amazed at how snappy that makes your shots.
You might need a full flipper kit rebuild. But I’d start with a quick cleaning.
Same goes for your pop bumpers. Just a little cleaning can really tune them up and refresh your gameplay experience

This sat in my parent's basement for a long time before I inherited it. No idea when the last flipper rebuild was. I've also noticed that the pop bumpers seem pretty weak, so I'll look at those too. Thanks for the advice!

I started a bounty with my machine to encourage more interest when my family visits. $10 if you get on the scoreboard, and $50 for Greatest Vampire Hunter. It lasted for about 2 months without me paying out, but recently the brother in law spent the entire weekend playing, and now sits at the top of my leaderboard. Pissed me off to lose $50, but it's great to see other people enjoying this machine!

#6984 4 years ago

Good deal, I'll give that a try.

This sat in my parent's basement for a long time before I inherited it. No idea when the last flipper rebuild was. I've also noticed that the pop bumpers seem pretty weak, so I'll look at those too. Thanks for the advice!
I started a bounty with my machine to encourage more interest when my family visits. $10 if you get on the scoreboard, and $50 for Greatest Vampire Hunter. It lasted for about 2 months without me paying out, but recently the brother in law spent the entire weekend playing, and now sits at the top of my leaderboard. Pissed me off to lose $50, but it's great to see other people enjoying this machine!

Most of the time (for flippers and pops), just cleaning the bats and replacing sleeves with really up the power/action. Easy to do if you have the right tools. You can identify coil sleeve part numbers in the manual. All are available...

Flippers would take about 10 minutes... pops a little longer (just because they’re a little harder to reach).

#6985 4 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

New update coming tonight... Just tweaking the levels on a few things and would appreciate another round of public testing. I want to get it right and over the cold dark winter I'll watch the movie 30 Million times and add more.
I'm going to try and shoot a video of gameplay too.

Here is a link to the updated BSD Expanded Remix (v1.1). https://drive.google.com/file/d/11CQvQjoLO8Pi5enBmo9xPLwTRaPQeL7E/view?usp=sharing

If anyone wants to give it a whirl this weekend that would be great.

I made a couple tweaks to some sound levels and threw in a third Bats song. It's a variant to one of the other Bats songs. I figured that mode is triggered much more than Rats, so having a handful there was warranted, and they all fit the hectic vibe of a swarm.

Gameplay video of this version will be filmed tomorrow night.

#6986 4 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Here is a link to the updated BSD Expanded Remix (v1.1). https://drive.google.com/file/d/11CQvQjoLO8Pi5enBmo9xPLwTRaPQeL7E/view?usp=sharing
If anyone wants to give it a whirl this weekend that would be great.
I made a couple tweaks to some sound levels and threw in a third Bats song. It's a variant to one of the other Bats songs. I figured that mode is triggered much more than Rats, so having a handful there was warranted, and they all fit the hectic vibe of swarming Bats.
Gameplay video of this version will be filmed tomorrow night.

Looking forward to Video footage!

#6987 4 years ago

Installed the alternate translite tonight, wow this thing really pops! Nice change from the original translite, color DMD is next on the list. This game is still incredible, despite being so simple. The flow and sound/mood execution on this game are amazing. Might have to reinstall the Pinsound+ back in it to test davebart5’s custom sound package. Long live BSD!

3C89B6CA-28E3-4013-8E6E-72EE7CCC988F (resized).jpeg3C89B6CA-28E3-4013-8E6E-72EE7CCC988F (resized).jpeg439BE6FC-3666-4209-AB8F-3E4BE5C0B1FF (resized).jpeg439BE6FC-3666-4209-AB8F-3E4BE5C0B1FF (resized).jpeg8C00CCB6-8A67-4BBB-A104-6366F8E6019E (resized).jpeg8C00CCB6-8A67-4BBB-A104-6366F8E6019E (resized).jpegC1F6CF74-5684-4AE9-BF5D-7E3F3981D6E6 (resized).jpegC1F6CF74-5684-4AE9-BF5D-7E3F3981D6E6 (resized).jpeg
#6988 4 years ago

today I turned on drac as I do everyday. the machine made a humming noise and the dmd was all random dots. I immediately
turned it off waited a minute turned it back on. it booted up after a slight hesitation and said factory reset. the dmd was fine
but the left flipper won't work. the flipper button has power because when I push it the three target lights at the top of the playfield will move.i re programmed the settings turned off the machine waited a few minutes turned back on and factory reset
again. any insight would be greatly appreciated.

#6989 4 years ago
Quoted from TDEX:

today I turned on drac as I do everyday. the machine made a humming noise and the dmd was all random dots. I immediately
turned it off waited a minute turned it back on. it booted up after a slight hesitation and said factory reset. the dmd was fine
but the left flipper won't work. the flipper button has power because when I push it the three target lights at the top of the playfield will move.i re programmed the settings turned off the machine waited a few minutes turned back on and factory reset
again. any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Check the battery’s haven’t leaked and are not flat.
Go into settings and test flipper, if not working check wires are still connected below flipper if ok reseat connectors on fliptronics board.
Maybe also reseat ribbon cables, the wide thin ones as the dmd went weird.
Hopefully you don’t have battery acid leaking on your mpu board.
Hopefully something simple.

#6990 4 years ago

thanks lost cause for the feedback. the battery is relatively new less than 2 years. old button cr2032. I re seated ribbon cables
and made sure all connections to lt flipper were good. cpu is new replacement Rotten Dog. flipper test works great on rt. flipper nothing on lt. flipper. machine will turn on but not allow start button to work. only when I go into test will the game allow play.

Quoted from Lostcause:

Check the battery’s haven’t leaked and are not flat.
Go into settings and test flipper, if not working check wires are still connected below flipper if ok reseat connectors on fliptronics board.
Maybe also reseat ribbon cables, the wide thin ones as the dmd went weird.
Hopefully you don’t have battery acid leaking on your mpu board.
Hopefully something simple.

#6991 4 years ago
Quoted from TDEX:

thanks lost cause for the feedback. the battery is relatively new less than 2 years. old button cr2032. I re seated ribbon cables
and made sure all connections to lt flipper were good. cpu is new replacement Rotten Dog. flipper test works great on rt. flipper nothing on lt. flipper. machine will turn on but not allow start button to work. only when I go into test will the game allow play.

Have you tried testing the switches in switch test? If not try it and see if any switches are not working.
Sometimes the connectors on the bottom of the cpu board for switches might need reseating.
Maybe also check the fuses, one of the flippers fuses blew on my TZ and was fine after I put in a replacement.

#6992 4 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

If anyone wants to give it a whirl this weekend that would be

I down loaded 1.1 . I seem to be having pauses in the sound track. Not sure if is the down load or a problem with my power supply card.

#6993 4 years ago

Ok reset a bunch of cables and delays are gone. The sounds in rev 1.1 are much better. A lot to hear in this sound track. A real great improvement. Well Done!!!

#6994 4 years ago

Here are a couple games with a good variety of songs and sounds with all moves activated. Fortunately/unfortunately, lightning flippers bite hard, and there's a lot of songs to unpack throughout the mix, so there is so much not heard in these videos with more to be uncovered as you dig in over and over. i tried my best to get a variety of stuff going, but this game is absolutely brutal. And I love it.

It went against my natural instincts but I allowed myself to be eaten by the wolves in video mode to show the new man-eating sound, which is all from the movie. The wolf's howl if you complete the video mode is still there like normal.

Just a reminder that having the external sub hooked up is amazing, and setting #8 in the features adjustment menu to disable the 'volume change' is another highly recommended step in my opinion.

FYI - The sound is clipping at some of the big bass parts of the videos and I didn't realize it until after posting them. Sounds epic in person.

And playing it more, I hear things I still want to tweak level wise and will continue to update the V1 as I hone that in.

Video 1: The game's sound structure has the Enter The Initials music pull from the Mist MB folder, unless it's for the grand champion initials which has it's own special song. At the end of this video you can hear one of the four mist songs really good, and then the end game music that pulled from a coffin MB folder.

Video 2: This video shows a variety of modes as well, and has the Grand Champion - Enter The Initials high score song. I withheld from putting my initials in and let the song play in full for you to hear it.

Video 3: Another game with a variety of modes activated and one of the many cool end game songs.

#6995 4 years ago

Wow, that is unreal! You breathed new life into Dracula, just incredible work. I pulled my PinSound+ out because I had an issue with the factory sound ROM I couldn’t solve but I’m going to order another one and give it another try with your mix. Not hearing those loud annoying sounds with the ball in the pops sure is an improvement in your mix. Your game would be amazing with a ColorDMD

#6996 4 years ago

Very nice work, integration of sounds pretty smooth. Well done and thank you for sharing, major improvement.

#6997 4 years ago

good call on the flipper fuse. I did check for continuity on the fliptronic board. I must have missed that one.f901 was indeed blown. replaced it and the cr2032 battery Christmas miracle the Lt. flipper came back to life. and factory reset is fixed.
Thank you so much!!!

#6998 4 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Have you tried testing the switches in switch test? If not try it and see if any switches are not working.
Sometimes the connectors on the bottom of the cpu board for switches might need reseating.
Maybe also check the fuses, one of the flippers fuses blew on my TZ and was fine after I put in a replacement.

Quoted from TDEX:

good call on the flipper fuse. I did check for continuity on the fliptronic board. I must have missed that one.f901 was indeed blown. replaced it and the cr2032 battery Christmas miracle the Lt. flipper came back to life. and factory reset is fixed.
Thank you so much!!!

#6999 4 years ago
Quoted from TDEX:

Thank you so much!!!

Happy days and glad it’s all working.

#7000 4 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Here are a couple games with a good variety of songs and sounds with all moves activated. Fortunately/unfortunately, lightning flippers bite hard, and there's a lot of songs to unpack throughout the mix, so there is so much not heard in these videos with more to be uncovered as you dig in over and over. i tried my best to get a variety of stuff going, but this game is absolutely brutal. And I love it.
It went against my natural instincts but I allowed myself to be eaten by the wolves in video mode to show the new man-eating sound, which is all from the movie. The wolf's howl if you complete the video mode is still there like normal.
Just a reminder that having the external sub hooked up is amazing, and setting #8 in the features adjustment menu to disable the 'volume change' is another highly recommended step in my opinion.
FYI - The sound is clipping at some of the big bass parts of the videos and I didn't realize it until after posting them. Sounds epic in person.
And playing it more, I hear things I still want to tweak level wise and will continue to update the V1 as I hone that in.
Video 1: The game's sound structure has the Enter The Initials music pull from the Mist MB folder, unless it's for the grand champion initials which has it's own special song. At the end of this video you can hear one of the four mist songs really good, and then the end game music that pulled from a coffin MB folder.

Video 2: This video shows a variety of modes as well, and has the Grand Champion - Enter The Initials high score song. I withheld from putting my initials in and let the song play in full for you to hear it.

Video 3: Another game with a variety of modes activated and one of the many cool end game songs.

Very well done! Only thing I didn't like was dracs laugh upon locking coffin balls. I prefer the original sound. But that's just me. There may be a pinsound in my future

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 84.99
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 224.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/140?hl=harig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.