IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg
20240314_090424 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240310_205042362 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,142 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 223.
#6901 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Put the game in switch test mode.
Take the mist ball out of the right gate. Take your hand and run it across the middle of the PF. Do you hear an audible "beep" of your hand breaking the opto beam?
You should be able to run your hand (from the coin door towards the ramp entrances) back and forth each direction and hear an audible beep of the opto beam being broken over and over again.

No opto is triggering in the middle of the playfield. The only opto that is registering is the left opto where the ball ends after Mist. The cross playfield opto, as well as the ‘hold’ opto on the right is not working in test.

Based on research, it seems it could be the opto itself, or I need to replace some components on the ‘small’ board, or replace the big opto board with the HomePin replacement... hmm.

#6902 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

more pics

Incredible, even screened plastics!

#6903 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I'm digging these decals, but is the image off due to the way these are produced, or installation? It's also missing a chunk of the art at the bottom of the cabinet. I borrowed this image from the gallery, but factory games all have the decals lined up as one image with the extra artwork at the bottom.
Awaiting the CPR backglass, and may decide to overhaul these other aspects afterward (BSD currently in a line-up, but will be on its own when GB leaves). These decals seem to be a good candidate if they can be installed with the factory alignment and artwork.[quoted image]

Because the new Dracula head has a longer beard it sits a little higher when compared to the original head. I positioned the side decal further down to make sure the head is not partially covered by the side rail.

#6904 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I'm doing a custom "gothic edition",
Cab nearly finished just waiting on custom playfield now.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks awsome!

#6905 4 years ago

Thankyou for the head graphic...and about 20 other people for putting up with me through the planning and building so far!!

#6907 4 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

No opto is triggering in the middle of the playfield. The only opto that is registering is the left opto where the ball ends after Mist. The cross playfield opto, as well as the ‘hold’ opto on the right is not working in test.
Based on research, it seems it could be the opto itself, or I need to replace some components on the ‘small’ board, or replace the big opto board with the HomePin replacement... hmm.

http://www.davidhouchin.com/blog/dracula-mist-ball/

It could be that the emitter (transmitter...the one with the purple light) and receiver on the other side of the PF are not properly lined up. Trust me, it can happen. I loosened my receiver and moved it side to side with someone else swiping their hand across the PF, and eventually, I got them lined up. One or two others here have reported the ball being continuously launched into the mist holding gate, only to be dropped out 5 seconds later and found that misalignment of the opto transmitter and receiver was their sole problem.

Most of the time, if the board is bad, it is because the L1 (inductor) component on the board has failed or the soldering joints have failed.

All that being said, if you experiment with realigning the optos to no avail, I'd buy the board to "know" that is covered.. Worst case: you have a nice new updated board to replaced a 25+ year old board.

https://www.pinballlife.com/24-opto-replacement-board-a-15646.html

#6908 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

http://www.davidhouchin.com/blog/dracula-mist-ball/
It could be that the emitter (transmitter...the one with the purple light) and receiver on the other side of the PF are not properly lined up. Trust me, it can happen. I loosened my receiver and moved it side to side with someone else swiping their hand across the PF, and eventually, I got them lined up. One or two others here have reported the ball being continuously launched into the mist holding gate, only to be dropped out 5 seconds later and found that misalignment of the opto transmitter and receiver was their sole problem.
Most of the time, if the board is bad, it is because the L1 (inductor) component on the board has failed or the soldering joints have failed.
All that being said, if you experiment with realigning the optos to no avail, I'd buy the board to "know" that is covered.. Worst case: you have a nice new updated board to replaced a 25+ year old board.
https://www.pinballlife.com/24-opto-replacement-board-a-15646.html

You've been great and I appreciate you covering a topic that has been covered so many times before. I'll do some troubleshooting and will come back with an update Thank you!

#6909 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I'd buy the board to "know" that is covered.. Worst case: you have a nice new updated board to replaced a 25+ year old board.

you can always send the original opto board in for repairs and upgrades to any board tech for probably 30-50$ as well. i did that, was happy after i bailed and got a refund for that horrible replacement board HomePin or whatever that australian/china company name is.

#6910 4 years ago

They are quite thin so it should be barely noticeable. Obviously the better choice is to get the full set of new cabinet decals.

#6911 4 years ago

looks like CPR just put up the BSD Backglass with Custom Mirroring....
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/bsd-glass/

#6912 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

And purchased The SoF glass was a huge upgrade IMO, and my BSD has had a burn hole on Dracs face that I'm glad I'll finally remedy.
bsdcpr (resized).jpgbsdcpr (resized).jpg

bsdglassmirror (resized).jpgbsdglassmirror (resized).jpgbsdglass3 (resized).jpgbsdglass3 (resized).jpg
#6913 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

And purchased The SoF glass was a huge upgrade IMO, and my BSD has had a burn hole on Dracs face that I'm glad I'll finally remedy.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

When you get this installed can you provide a pic? I really like this, although my translite is in great shape.

#6914 4 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

When you get this installed can you provide a pic? I really like this, although my translite is in great shape.

Will do

#6915 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I think a mirrored BG is going to look awesome in this game.

#6916 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ordered this and CFTBL.

Look forward to installing them when I return home in January!

#6917 4 years ago

Been dark for a while, here's my update:

The Pinsound finally showed up after a long backorder. I got it installed as well as the speakers that Colsond3 recommended. For the larger of the two backbox speakers, I 3D printed some standoffs. I had to go about 3/8" (9mm)in order for the speaker to clear the mesh. I used new, self-drilling screws on the smaller one, and didn't need to use any spacers. I made what is probably a noob audio error and tested after each new speaker was installed, and scared the hell out of myself. Don' t do that, they mix and match well with the stock equipment!

It also took me a while to get the settings dialed in to stop distortion at both the high and low ends, but I eventually found them.

The experience truly is immersive and amazing. This is definitely worth the money and the effort.

#6918 4 years ago

I need to replace my connector that controls the launch ball button. It’s the “cabinet switches” J212 on the MPU. Can someone link me to the correct connector on Marcos website? I’m not sure what size to order.

#6919 4 years ago

So my plunger/auto launch seems to get the ball to rattle right after hit goes up the steel flap sometimes and comes back down the shooter lane. It always eventually makes it up on a second or third attempt, but is kind of annoying. Anyone else had this problem and any suggestions on possible solutions?

#6920 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

So my plunger/auto launch seems to get the ball to rattle right after hit goes up the steel flap sometimes and comes back down the shooter lane. It always eventually makes it up on a second or third attempt, but is kind of annoying. Anyone else had this problem and any suggestions on possible solutions?

Is it hitting the plastic lip right at the top of the incline? Is your coil strong?

#6921 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I need to replace my connector that controls the launch ball button. It’s the “cabinet switches” J212 on the MPU. Can someone link me to the correct connector on Marcos website? I’m not sure what size to order.

These.

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/products.asp?cat=68

#6922 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

The clear plastic above the shooter lane is installed backwards. The long side should be pointing toward you, not the back of the game.

#6923 4 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

I have this speaker panel on my game and its impressive! I love the blood red lettering which shows up even more when lit. Buy with confidence!

What kind of lighting are you using on this panel and what are you tieing into for power ?

#6924 4 years ago

I redid the clear plastics and slingshot protectors in UV red, the LED's really make it pop and change the color near the flippers!

IMG_20190920_174611 (resized).jpgIMG_20190920_174611 (resized).jpgIMG_20190920_175215 (resized).jpgIMG_20190920_175215 (resized).jpg
#6925 4 years ago

Hi guys, looking for an alt translite I saw and artblades bjt can't find the ones I want on the usual websites (mezel, pingraffix...)

Any idea of a website to check?

#6926 4 years ago

Hi all. New owner here! I am having issues with two optos, and it seems like they are related because one tends to trigger the other in test. Switch 73 left ramp entry and 53 castle lock 1. They will just freak out seemingly randomly.

I have cleaned the optos with 99% isopropyl alcohol.

Video:

#6927 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Hi all. New owner here! I am having issues with two optos, and it seems like they are related because one tends to trigger the other in test. Switch 73 left ramp entry and 53 castle lock 1. They will just freak out seemingly randomly.
I have cleaned the optos with 99% isopropyl alcohol.

I had the same issue, and it was a problem with the 10-switch opto board. I tried reflowing a lot of solder joints and replaced the capacitor, but no luck. I eventually gave in and bought a replacement (https://www.pinballlife.com/10-opto-replacement-board-a-15430.html).

#6928 4 years ago
Quoted from kevinleedrum:

I had the same issue, and it was a problem with the 10-switch opto board. I tried reflowing a lot of solder joints and replaced the capacitor, but no luck. I eventually gave in and bought a replacement (https://www.pinballlife.com/10-opto-replacement-board-a-15430.html).

Ok cool. Will be easy to verify if the board fixes it since my WCS has one also.

Update: yes it does seem to work fine when I swapped the boards. Hoping I can repair it as it’s a $100 board. I think it’s one of the 339 chips.

#6929 4 years ago

By the way, thanks for chiming in kevinleedrum this kind of help makes pinside awesome. Probably saved me a lot of troubleshooting, along with unnecessarily replacing optos.

#6930 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Hi guys, looking for an alt translite I saw and artblades bjt can't find the ones I want on the usual websites (mezel, pingraffix...)
Any idea of a website to check?

Ebay

81187B63-C0AF-4214-BEF9-DB5726F9AAF0 (resized).jpeg81187B63-C0AF-4214-BEF9-DB5726F9AAF0 (resized).jpeg
#6931 4 years ago

Soooo glad I checked the thread tonight!!!...ordered as well...suspect it will look amazing!!

#6932 4 years ago

I ordered one as well. Hopefully get it in a few weeks!

#6933 4 years ago

Backglass ordered.....guess I'll have a spare repro translite for sale at some point!

I am very slowly working through rewiring my BSD playfield. Some previous owner rewired it all but half-assed with wires running all over the place. I'm completely rewiring it partly for fun/education....lucky it's a long winter coming up in Canada!

I have another BSD sitting beside it for reference.

#6934 4 years ago
Quoted from kevinleedrum:

Had exact same issue also...reflowing fixed nothing, so bit the bullet also for a new board which fixed it.

#6935 4 years ago

Need your input....price check on a nice bsd. Fully shopped , radkal decals, no errors color dmd, leds some powdercoating. Drac mod. Game looks great but nowhere near original look. Whar kind of realistic value would you put on it? thanks

#6936 4 years ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

Need your input....price check on a nice bsd. Fully shopped , radkal decals, no errors color dmd, leds some powdercoating. Drac mod. Game looks great but nowhere near original look. Whar kind of realistic value would you put on it? thanks

I would never give a realistic value on a game without being able to look inside the head, inside the cabinet and under the playfield. Most anyone can make the outside look nice. Sometimes the inside can be a disaster.

#6937 4 years ago

Anyone else have any input?. All the electronics etc have been gone through. Plays 100percent. Just trying to get an idea from other bsd owners about values and thoughts on pin . Thanks again.

#6938 4 years ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

Anyone else have any input?. All the electronics etc have been gone through. Plays 100percent. Just trying to get an idea from other bsd owners about values and thoughts on pin . Thanks again.

$3600-$3800 with color DMD and new decals. Of course the Playfield is the key to everything, which can drive price up or down.

#6939 4 years ago

i don't think you could buy a dracula that plays well without a credit dot for less than 3k these days.

#6940 4 years ago

looking for a nice bsd to trade for my nba fb

#6941 4 years ago

Thanks everyone. Kinda where i was at 3800 t0 4g. Anyone have one available let me know. Seller is firm at 4500.

#6942 4 years ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

Thanks everyone. Kinda where i was at 3800 t0 4g. Anyone have one available let me know. Seller is firm at 4500.

You may want to indicate where you are if you're trying to finding cheaper. A $4,000 BSD shipped could be close to that $4,500 price point.

#6943 4 years ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/86233

#6944 4 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

You may want to indicate where you are if you're trying to finding cheaper. A $4,000 BSD shipped could be close to that $4,500 price point.

When in Europe, 2200-3000 Euro

#6945 4 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Did some stalking and I believe Ozzy is in South Florida if that helps.

#6946 4 years ago

Just got my mirrored back glass today...Staggering!!!! A couple shots from my phone....Used comet warm whites for gis, and cool clears for blinkers....Just beautiful....

IMG_20191028_184714560 (resized).jpgIMG_20191028_184714560 (resized).jpgIMG_20191028_185009319 (resized).jpgIMG_20191028_185009319 (resized).jpgIMG_20191028_185511872 (resized).jpgIMG_20191028_185511872 (resized).jpg
#6947 4 years ago

Wow, I’m a little surprised. Someone in the JackBot owner thread got a mirrored backglass from CPR and says it was a major disappointment. Can you read this post and see if you can see it in your BSD backglass?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jackbot-club-everyone-welcome/page/13#post-5272969

#6948 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Someone in the JackBot owner thread got a mirrored backglass from CPR and says it was a major disappointment. Can you read this post and see if you can see it in your BSD backglass?

I don’t know about all that Todd. From the pictures that MK6PIN posted above, it doesn’t seem like his is too grainy at all compared with what the guy said in the JackBot thread. Glass looks pretty damn good to me.

MK, you able to lock the backbox lock, or is the backglass larger than the translite?

The lines look pretty crisp on BSD. Especially the Williams logo and the Drac letters in the close-up shot (3rd pic above). The guy in the JB thread didn’t post any pics either.

#6949 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Wow, I’m a little surprised. Someone in the JackBot owner thread got a mirrored backglass from CPR and says it was a major disappointment. Can you read this post and see if you can see it in your BSD backglass?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jackbot-club-everyone-welcome/page/13#post-5272969

Man....nothing further from the truth on mine....lines sharp, colors rich, mirror is beautiful......

#6950 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Man....nothing further from the truth on mine....lines sharp, colors rich, mirror is beautiful......

Quoted from Colsond3:

MK, you able to lock the backbox lock, or is the backglass larger than the translite?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 84.99
9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
There are 11,142 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/139?hl=zennmaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.