IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg
20240314_090424 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240310_205042362 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,145 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 223.
#6801 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Ok...my game with Pinsound has never had that happen. Balls load fine when I boot the game up.
My issue definitely seems opto related. It won’t always repopulate the Mist ball mid-game, or after a game ends. Luckily I already picked up the opto boards and other parts for my tear down this Fall.
Sorry you’re having issues with the Pinsound. It’s a great upgrade.

Are all the optos in BSD the same? I heard reference to long range optos that goes across the playfield for the magnet, however, with my game currently under construction, it looks to me like that opto is no different than the others, with the exception of the black one having an extra piece of black housing. Plus the manual does not list any different part number. Thanks for any and all help.

#6802 4 years ago

Couple of mods I made for my first bsd around 2011 out of McFarlane figures. Thought I had sold them with the game but found them in storage.

0DC8505B-DE9E-4A4A-80DD-9DC1E8F29F5A (resized).jpeg0DC8505B-DE9E-4A4A-80DD-9DC1E8F29F5A (resized).jpeg2251329E-CB62-417B-A70E-5DE1D87F6D9D (resized).jpeg2251329E-CB62-417B-A70E-5DE1D87F6D9D (resized).jpeg
#6803 4 years ago

is it normal that the usb stick gets hot? i've never had one that got this hot, or hot at all, honestly. maybe this sandisk just is a pos.

i'm trying the install right now with unzip'd folder, hazzard. ty.

#6804 4 years ago

it's just getting worse at this point. now i powered it on and it looked like all the coils locked on and i blew 3 fuses. uninstalling board. now i get to see if anything else blew up. fml.

#6805 4 years ago

everything works in test, but some weird stuff happens during game play now. going to try a factory reset...

#6806 4 years ago

i think i'm okay now. coffin lock ramp was going up without me hitting the shot 5 times, but i noticed you get one credited shot at the start of each ball. going to keep an eye on it though.

i'm going to let pinsound know which fuses i blew. this outta be good.

#6807 4 years ago

i played a decent amount last night. everything seems okay. i'm going to order a replacement game rom for sanity purposes.

anything else you guys can think of that i should test? i'm just totally paranoid at this point. i was getting the game really dialed in and was very happy with it before this. if i replace the rom, and all the coils/switches work, i should be good? i want to go over it with a fine tooth comb. i'm very anal with gameplay.

#6808 4 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i think i'm okay now. coffin lock ramp was going up without me hitting the shot 5 times, but i noticed you get one credited shot at the start of each ball. going to keep an eye on it though.

Each time you hit the skill shot, you are credited with both a Coffin ramp shot (if it's not already open) and a werewolf V-I-D-E-O letter. This is not a game malfunction.

As for the fuses, locked on coils, etc, power for the coils and power for the sound are on different circuits and are probably not related.

#6809 4 years ago

i put the original board back in and everything is fine. why is that?

#6810 4 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Each time you hit the skill shot, you are credited with both a Coffin ramp shot (if it's not already open) and a werewolf V-I-D-E-O letter. This is not a game malfunction.
As for the fuses, locked on coils, etc, power for the coils and power for the sound are on different circuits and are probably not related.

I have had this game for about a year and did not know you get credit for the ramp shot for a skill shot. That makes the skill shot that more important. I have been just disregarding the skill shot because the points are pretty small when your going for a billion or so.

#6811 4 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i put the original board back in and everything is fine. why is that?

I can't tell you without knowing what fuses blew and you didn't indicate. In terms of electrical signal, you've got +12V (fuse F115), ground and 2 lines out, one for the backbox and one for the cabinet speakers.

Quoted from smcclain65:

I have had this game for about a year and did not know you get credit for the ramp shot for a skill shot. That makes the skill shot that more important. I have been just disregarding the skill shot because the points are pretty small when your going for a billion or so.

I've got some friends who are top ranked players who weren't even a way of this until I showed them. Why only going for a billion?

#6812 4 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

I've got some friends who are top ranked players who weren't even a way of this until I showed them. Why only going for a billion?

Haha, thats funny. I am going for a billion because I close to getting it, then going higher.

#6813 4 years ago

Some people should go watch Bowen's tutorial on this game on YT. Lots of good stuff there.

#6814 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Some people should go watch Bowen's tutorial on this game on YT. Lots of good stuff there.

Is this the one from papaTV, if so I have watched that quite a few times. But he just mentions the points in the skill shot not getting a letter and ramp shot.

#6815 4 years ago

my bad. f104, 105 and 112.

#6816 4 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

my bad. f104, 105 and 112.

Those 3 fuses all deal with solenoids and all 3 are on the same electrical path as each other.

According to the schematic, the sound board gets its power from a completely different and unrelated electrical path.

Since the WPC PinSound boards use the same electrical connections as the OEM board, my bet is that you may have shorted something or installed something incorrectly.

#6817 4 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Are all the optos in BSD the same? I heard reference to long range optos that goes across the playfield for the magnet, however, with my game currently under construction, it looks to me like that opto is no different than the others, with the exception of the black one having an extra piece of black housing. Plus the manual does not list any different part number. Thanks for any and all help.

The long beam opto is a different part from the others.

#6818 4 years ago

wouldn't a short blow fuses immediately? i didn't start blowing fuses until day 2 of troubleshooting.

#6819 4 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

wouldn't a short blow fuses immediately? i didn't start blowing fuses until day 2 of troubleshooting.

Depends on the short.

#6820 4 years ago

yeah, i'm not saying i didn't mess something up. do i want to try, again? not really. not after all that. it sucks. just blew, what, $400...

#6821 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

The long beam opto is a different part from the others.

Thanks, any idea what the part number for the long beam opto is?

I have my BSD fully torn apart and I replaced all the standard optos. In looking at the long range ones they look the same with the exception of a bare silver wire (extra ground?) on the black side and an extra empty black side housing that stacks in front of the black housing, almost like a gun sight. Plus a cardboard cover to prevent shorting along the side rails for both black and white optos. They apparently plug into their own opto board.

Pics below...

IMG-1709 (resized).JPGIMG-1709 (resized).JPGIMG-1710 (resized).JPGIMG-1710 (resized).JPGIMG-1711 (resized).JPGIMG-1711 (resized).JPGIMG-1712 (resized).JPGIMG-1712 (resized).JPGIMG-1713 (resized).JPGIMG-1713 (resized).JPGIMG-1714 (resized).JPGIMG-1714 (resized).JPG
#6822 4 years ago

regarding shorts blowing fuses. fuses only blow when the short happens between the voltage supply and a component which will be a load facilitating the voltage drop. think of pull up resistors on data buses. busses are precharged but are shorted to ground when you need a 0 logic but the resistor limits current flow and facilitates the voltage drop. the same can happen on the boards allowing partial current on part of the circuit but in essence removing other parts in a shorted section or shorts can be partial from a chip, enough to draw down voltage but not enough to stress a fuse. I actually had a dead short on a light bulb on a dragon pinball that would burn out the fuse while playing the game but not in test mode. the fuse was a slow blo. the test mode cycled the lights fast enough so that the short was powered on long enough to blo the fuse.

#6823 4 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Thanks, any idea what the part number for the long beam opto is?

According to the manual, the part numbers are the same as the other optos in the game, A-14315 and A-14316.

I also don’t recall having to track down different optos when I tore my game down.

#6824 4 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

According to the manual, the part numbers are the same as the other optos in the game, A-14315 and A-14316.
I also don’t recall having to track down different optos when I tore my game down.

Cool, thanks Dave. I am going to go for the swap out then.

#6825 4 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

yeah, i'm not saying i didn't mess something up. do i want to try, again? not really. not after all that. it sucks. just blew, what, $400...

Sucks you had a bad experience with it, because it’s an awesome upgrade. You didn’t install it in the sunlight did you? This guy did, and look what happened to him.

54F2E007-99E3-42A8-AF83-2EB9A28CBC3E.gif54F2E007-99E3-42A8-AF83-2EB9A28CBC3E.gif
#6826 4 years ago

not direct sunlight.

tbf, i wasn't really digging it anyway. i know that's sacrilege to say around here. i usually lean towards original parts and programming, unless it could pass as oem and/or is just a strict upgrade. not a big mod guy; except TRON . don't really like alt translites. what's that alternate game rom for DM? i didn't really like that either.

#6827 4 years ago

Like mollyspub I also bought a Pinshaker for BSD (and ST:TNG).

Fits the theme very well , shaker makes the game even more intense
fzeqqTXnQDmBnYrL2Mkk7w (resized).jpgfzeqqTXnQDmBnYrL2Mkk7w (resized).jpg

#6828 4 years ago

i would have been interested in running stock sound through it though, with the stereo rewire.

#6830 4 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

tbf, i wasn't really digging it anyway. i know that's sacrilege to say around here. i usually lean towards original parts and programming, unless it could pass as oem and/or is just a strict upgrade.

I say to each their own. That’s what I like about Pinsound. You can toggle back-and-forth between the original audio and the new audio package. So you don’t lose anything that was original, other than the original physical soundboard itself not being in the backbox.

Mine sits happily in a static free bag in a drawer in my gameroom.

#6831 4 years ago

Installed my new high resolution custom decals. Back box to follow. Love the intense bood red colour and the high resolution Dracula head.
Printed on new generation air release vinyl too.
Attach24062_20190626_101003 (resized).jpgAttach24062_20190626_101003 (resized).jpgIMG_20190917_171635 (resized).jpgIMG_20190917_171635 (resized).jpgIMG_20190917_171647 (resized).jpgIMG_20190917_171647 (resized).jpgIMG_20190917_174354 (resized).jpgIMG_20190917_174354 (resized).jpg

#6832 4 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Installed my new high resolution custom decals. Back box to follow. Love the intense bood red colour and the high resolution Dracula head.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's great but those so called protectors are going to ruin your new decals !

#6833 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

That's great but those so called protectors are going to ruin your new decals !

Not if you use the metal spacer/protector underneath. I like the look of the plastic "protectors" so I always use the metal protectors underneath.

images (15) (resized).jpegimages (15) (resized).jpeg
#6834 4 years ago

Sweet looking decals

#6835 4 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Printed on new generation air release vinyl too.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where are these decals available? I need a set for my game.

#6836 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Where are these decals available? I need a set for my game.

Second that...they look excellent. I'll take a set just to sit in a box until I install them during retirement...or if I ever pick up a second BSD that's a project.

#6837 4 years ago

Hello everyone here’s my latest problem.
The “D” and the “A” in dracula wont light up at all. I re soldered the light bar to build up where the light makes contact
And re soldered the coresponding pin in the connector. I’m not an electrician but i think i did a pretty good job with the soldering. Any help would be appreciated.

#6838 4 years ago
Quoted from TDEX:

Hello everyone here’s my latest problem.
The “D” and the “A” in dracula wont light up at all. I re soldered the light bar to build up where the light makes contact
And re soldered the coresponding pin in the connector. I’m not an electrician but i think i did a pretty good job with the soldering. Any help would be appreciated.

Could be diode issue on the lamp board. I don't have time to give instructions now, but I'll check in later.

#6839 4 years ago

Thanks that would be great

#6840 4 years ago

Anybody want this?? $30 shipped. Thats cheap. Shipping alone will cost be 10-12. Thanks

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Dracula Pinball playfield plastic. New Free Shipping. Goes in Upper left corner of game. This is a brand spanking new piece.”
2019-09-14
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 10 days
Viewed: 250 times

#6841 4 years ago
Quoted from TDEX:

Thanks that would be great

Which "A" in Dracula won't light?

Also, are the bulbs LEDs or incandescent?

#6842 4 years ago

the last "A" and yes they are led's

#6843 4 years ago

I did try incandescents to no avail. I checked the diodes with a multi tester they all had continuity.

#6844 4 years ago

Very happy with my "blood" red trim colour to match my new high resolution decals.
I left the coin door black as a contrast and I think the door in red would have been too much.

IMG_20190921_225832 (resized).jpgIMG_20190921_225832 (resized).jpgIMG_20190921_225846 (resized).jpgIMG_20190921_225846 (resized).jpgIMG_20190921_225852 (resized).jpgIMG_20190921_225852 (resized).jpg
#6845 4 years ago

So today we had been playing Dracula for a few hours. And while we were just sitting there talking pinball it went ball search and the DMD shows two verticle lines and that is it. Has anyone seen this. The game will start although the DMD only show two lines and the flippers are dead. Does this mean the DMD is dead? Would the DMD going dead make the flippers not respond?

#6846 4 years ago
Quoted from TDEX:

I did try incandescents to no avail. I checked the diodes with a multi tester they all had continuity.

If you reverse your DMM leads, do you still get continuity? If so, that's a problem indicative of a bad diode.

Are you sure you are getting voltage to the contact points for the LEDs?

If so, are your LED wire leads making contact on the metal leads within the bulb socket?

Lots of small simple things can cause this issue.

I would make sure the wires in the female connector are delivering the proper voltage. Set your DMM to DC voltage at a reading higher than 12 DVC (most will have 20 DVC as an option). Red DMM lead goes to the voltage wire, black DMM lead goes to the silver wire braid stapled all over the inside of the cabinet. If you're getting voltage, something is funny on the board for the DRACULA letters. If not, you need to determine why you're not getting the necessary voltage.

#6847 4 years ago

McLean

Check your 5 and 12 volts DC(I am away from my machine - I think there’s 12 volts too, but I might be wrong)

#6848 4 years ago

Finally joined the club!
Have one small question: is it possible to have different musics depending on the roms?
Cause it seems like mine don't have the same ones as the ones I hear in the videos like Bowen's tutorial.

Bonus question: what are the alternatives to the figure in the coffin?

#6849 4 years ago

I reversed the leads on every diode on the light board continuity only in one direction. checked the wires in the led's
everything seems ok. checked voltage to hot wire (which is new territory for me) reading 12.8 to 13.4 volts.

#6850 4 years ago
Quoted from TDEX:

I reversed the leads on every diode on the light board continuity only in one direction. checked the wires in the led's
everything seems ok. checked voltage to hot wire (which is new territory for me) reading 12.8 to 13.4 volts.

Ok, check the where the brass leads of the bulb sockets touch the actual boards. See if you're getting voltage at those lil' pads where the bulb sockets actually lock in place.

If you are, take a bulb, get wire leads with alligator clips on the end. Clip one lead to one of the wires on the bulb, and do the same thing with the other wire lead and wire. With the game on or in light test mode, take the leads and physically touch them to the board where the bulb socket would go. See if the bulb comes on.

What we are doing is eliminating the possibility of having a bad bulb socket (it has happened to me).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 5.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,145 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/137?hl=wugly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.