IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg
20240314_090424 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240310_205042362 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,141 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 223.
#6751 4 years ago

Hoping to join the club someday soon. If anyone hears of a decent to nice BSD within several hours of Michigan...Such a cool, challenging pin.

#6752 4 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i just ordered a repro from pinballdecals; lol.

Let me know what you think of the quality when you get it. I am looking at getting one also.

#6753 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

I've run into an issue with my BSD, was wondering if anyone has had a similar thing happen - and if you found a solution:
When the ball rolls over one of the three lane switches at the top of the play field, the bottom left opto popper fires off. Sometimes just once, sometimes it fires ever second until it stops.
This popper has a white / green wire connected to it, and these lane switches also have white / green wires. I'm wondering if the diodes on these lane switches are malfunctioning?
Any advice is much appreciated!

btw, the plastic was sold.

#6754 4 years ago

Haven't played mine in a while, played this weekend and started having issues with the mist ball lock it seems. At some point it was letting balls out and reloading but the eventually would not load one in its place. I believe that there were 3 balls in play. This happened for a while. I reset the game and it worked for some time but it came back. Maybe an opto(s) issue?

#6755 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Haven't played mine in a while, played this weekend and started having issues with the mist ball lock it seems. At some point it was letting balls out and reloading but the eventually would not load one in its place. I believe that there were 3 balls in play. This happened for a while. I reset the game and it worked for some time but it came back. Maybe an opto(s) issue?

Reset connectors on the opto board?

#6756 4 years ago

for an intermittent fault I would first look to the optics being dirty then I would think about the connections being loose or coroded.

#6757 4 years ago
Quoted from wugly:

for an intermittent fault I would first look to the optics being dirty then I would think about the connections being loose or coroded.

Also, it could just be the board going flaky. Mine took a mysterious (hard to identify) dump on me and it took a long time to diagnose.

#6758 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I just did a finish similar

20190819_185550 (resized).jpg20190819_185550 (resized).jpg
#6759 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I just did a finish similar[quoted image]

HI Robert,

Your arm also matches the leg that you powder coated. I like the originality.

Gord

#6760 4 years ago

That's where he got the idea for the colour.

#6761 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Reset connectors on the opto board?

Quoted from wugly:

Quoted from 27dnast:

Also, it could just be the board going flaky. Mine took a mysterious (hard to identify) dump on me and it took a long time to diagnose.

Thanks guys. I will have to look under the hood and re-acquaint myself with the mech and checking the optos and wiring.

I recall seeing a replacement board at some point. Don't recall if it was identical or a redesign.

#6762 4 years ago

Has anyone had plunger alignment issues? I sometimes (40%) have the ball rattle through the shooter lane up under the left ramp return and not make it to the drop target for skill shot in the back. It will always make it to the lanes, just not as cleanly as I’d like. I have the plastic on the lift ramp in the shooter ramp fitted and am not sure what’s causing it

#6763 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Thanks guys. I will have to look under the hood and re-acquaint myself with the mech and checking the optos and wiring.
I recall seeing a replacement board at some point. Don't recall if it was identical or a redesign.

You might have a cold solder joint somewhere in the chain. But my guess is a wire associated with the moles connectors just needs to be tweaked or jiggled!

#6764 4 years ago

has anyone replaced the castle lock diverter with something skinnier? balls are hitting the bottom of it a little bit, causing some weaker shots to get mis-diverted or even stuck up there. maybe i just need to file it down a bit.

#6765 4 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

has anyone replaced the castle lock diverter with something skinnier? balls are hitting the bottom of it a little bit, causing some weaker shots to get mis-diverted or even stuck up there. maybe i just need to file it down a bit.

If it's the stock diverter, the ball should clear. Sounds like it's time for a coil sleeve replacement.

#6766 4 years ago

it's raising/rising as high as it can go. i can see underneath the playfield that nothing is stopping its movement.

#6767 4 years ago

little custom launch button touch

20190821_175912 (resized).jpg20190821_175912 (resized).jpg
#6768 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

little custom launch button touch[quoted image]

Nice, a change to the launch button has definitely been on my mind. Just have one or two other BSD customizations I’m working on but this one was definitely on the list down the line. I’m trying to decide image I want on the paper still. Looks good and well lit too.

#6769 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Sign me up! Looks good.

#6770 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Awesome! Is the button easy to take apart?

#6771 4 years ago

Yes just carefully pop lense off.
This is just a reverse print decal on the lense.

I also novus 3'd off the launch ball text from the backing plate.

Simple cheap mod that came out nice!

1 week later
#6772 4 years ago

Installed a shaker motor in my BSD this weekend!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#6773 4 years ago

Anyone have any custom scorecards for BSD they want to share? Thanks!

#6774 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Anyone have any custom scorecards for BSD they want to share? Thanks!

http://www.pinballcards.com/Search?submit_form=0&search=dracula

RM

#6775 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Installed a shaker motor in my BSD this weekend! [quoted image]

What’s the verdict? Badass??

#6776 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

What’s the verdict? Badass??

It definitely adds a new dimension to the game! As of right now I have it enguaging on two sets of flasher settings. The kit is plug and play and adjustable. From what I understand it may have even more "settings" in the near future!

#6777 4 years ago

Bought one of the 2 spare aprons this guy had this morning in anticipation of joining this club one day soon.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/101467-Custom-Dracula-magnetic-apron

Looking forward to finding the right machine to put it on one day.

20190906_164519 (resized).jpeg20190906_164519 (resized).jpeg
#6778 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Bought one of the 2 spare aprons this guy had this morning in anticipation of joining this club one day soon.
https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/101467-Custom-Dracula-magnetic-apron
Looking forward to finding the right machine to put it on one day.[quoted image]

Here's my black version

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#6779 4 years ago

my pinsound board is out for delivery!

where can i get the most recent update for hazzard's mix? is it the 1.4 zip file here:

http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/238-dracula-custom/

i need to download the original, too, in order to switch back and forth, correct?

what type of formatting do i hit the usb stick with?

#6780 4 years ago

no update since june last year? it can't be that good, can it?

#6781 4 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

no update since june last year? it can't be that good, can it?

Yep. It is that good

#6782 4 years ago

Fe'n awesome sound package. I think hazard said he's updating it also. You can unzip or leave the sound package at the root of the USB. One is slightly faster than the other. I'll have to check again but I think its Fat32 quick or full formatting.

#6783 4 years ago

guess i should have asked this before i bought, but all the other boards in my game are rottendog. that shouldn't matter, correct?

#6784 4 years ago

No, it wont matter.

#6785 4 years ago

Does anyone have an extra Dracula replacement?

972b395d1c0efaf71b65ac45ce1694c2a152639b (resized).jpg972b395d1c0efaf71b65ac45ce1694c2a152639b (resized).jpg
#6786 4 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

guess i should have asked this before i bought, but all the other boards in my game are rottendog. that shouldn't matter, correct?

I would not see why the different boards would be s problem. Designed to be interchangeable

#6787 4 years ago

Joined the club a few weeks back! Loving the game...
I had a few 555 lamps out after the LED swap. I soldered in new sockets and fixed all but 2. Any idea what else to look for or can I source lamp boards from anywhere?
Any help is appreciated. I only need the 5 lamp light board under coffin shot.

#6788 4 years ago

reflow the solder around the board connector male pins.

#6789 4 years ago

weaverj thank you. Reflow solder and all bulbs now working!

#6790 4 years ago

so put the hazzard mix on a usb, booted up, it did its thing, and everything was working fine. i then put the original sounds zip in the root of the usb, it did its thing, and switching back worked for a little while. it quickly got into a weird state where sounds were kind of playing randomly or definitely for the wrong events. i power cycled and got no sound. wiped the usb stick, put original sounds zip only on it, it installed like it did before, but still no sound. so like, wtf?

#6791 4 years ago

is there a way to reset the board maybe?

#6792 4 years ago

i updated firmware, but it's still acting the same.

also noticed that when powering on, the game will not do it's normal reset of the mistball. if i do it without the ribbon cable connected to the pinsound board, it does. the board is creating some kind of conflict.

#6793 4 years ago

i emailed pinsound.

#6794 4 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

also noticed that when powering on, the game will not do it's normal reset of the mistball. if i do it without the ribbon cable connected to the pinsound board, it does. the board is creating some kind of conflict.

It won’t load a ball back into the Mist gate during gameplay or when the game’s over? Or just at power on?

I didn’t think the PSound board created any conflict, but I’ve noticed my Mist ball doesn’t always load properly. I think it’s my Opto though, because I know several other people with the PSound board that have never had a related Mist ball problem.

#6795 4 years ago

anytime you turn the game on, it resets the mistball. it'll empty the ball from either side, the magnet will cycle back to the right if necessary and it'll launch another ball into the right gate. it stopped doing that with the pinsound board installed.

#6796 4 years ago

check the opto switches in test mode. did you depower the opto boards at the power board

#6797 4 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

anytime you turn the game on, it resets the mistball. it'll empty the ball from either side, the magnet will cycle back to the right if necessary and it'll launch another ball into the right gate. it stopped doing that with the pinsound board installed.

Ok...my game with Pinsound has never had that happen. Balls load fine when I boot the game up.

My issue definitely seems opto related. It won’t always repopulate the Mist ball mid-game, or after a game ends. Luckily I already picked up the opto boards and other parts for my tear down this Fall.

Sorry you’re having issues with the Pinsound. It’s a great upgrade.

#6798 4 years ago

guys, my mist was fine for a month or two, since i got the thing. and like i said, it works fine, when i take the pinsound board out of the loop.

doesn't repopulate? that's weird. the only time i notice the game does that is when it disables the mistball feature, which doesn't explain why it works in the first place.

pinball: gotta love it.

#6799 4 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

so put the hazzard mix on a usb, booted up, it did its thing, and everything was working fine. i then put the original sounds zip in the root of the usb, it did its thing, and switching back worked for a little while. it quickly got into a weird state where sounds were kind of playing randomly or definitely for the wrong events. i power cycled and got no sound. wiped the usb stick, put original sounds zip only on it, it installed like it did before, but still no sound. so like, wtf?

I have had this happen to me before. Try this: Reformat the USB drive, unzip the files before you you transfer them to the USB drive again. Much shorter loading time, and less chance of a mess.

That mist problem sounds really strange. Double check your connections on the pinsound board. And the big question: Are you wired for stereo sound? You should be...

#6800 4 years ago

with the pinsound in check the opto switches in test. if they work test the voltages to the optos with a game playingdrawing full power on the game and see if it is dropping.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,141 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/136?hl=hazzard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.