IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg
20240314_090424 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240310_205042362 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,141 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 223.
#6651 4 years ago

Working on my tear-down, open up the power box -- no varistor, no thermistor! Glad I am going through this exercise.

#6653 4 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Thanks for the heads up and video link. I never even knew about it.

Nice, I too have the alt translite in and really like it, and IMO it pairs best with the ColorDMD due to the variety of colors. Is yours an LCD or LED? Looks like DotsXL. I want a ColorDMD, but can’t decide between which type and want to see the two in person before deciding.

Mine is LED. LED colors are so.much richer and i love the dots look. Go led save money and dont look back. Some games are better LCD this is a LED game

#6655 4 years ago

Thought I would share my BSD, restored by a guy in UK who goes by the name Rudedogg. He is a bit of an artist and does some nice painting of mods etc.
Did a nice job on this one. Plays really fast!

337D9901-B729-4AD6-AF85-8905C8111030 (resized).jpeg337D9901-B729-4AD6-AF85-8905C8111030 (resized).jpeg47572037-573D-498D-888C-DE7990189EBD (resized).jpeg47572037-573D-498D-888C-DE7990189EBD (resized).jpeg6ED8EC84-E3DC-4AB9-8F4D-F0E5AB6246A0 (resized).jpeg6ED8EC84-E3DC-4AB9-8F4D-F0E5AB6246A0 (resized).jpeg
#6656 4 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Thanks for the heads up and video link. I never even knew about it.

Nice, I too have the alt translite in and really like it, and IMO it pairs best with the ColorDMD due to the variety of colors. Is yours an LCD or LED? Looks like DotsXL. I want a ColorDMD, but can’t decide between which type and want to see the two in person before deciding.

I've done both. ColorDMD LED. Dont look back.

#6657 4 years ago

Who's got stadium lights? Worth it?
I DIY mine and was thinking of doing my BSD next.

#6658 4 years ago

Hi All. I miss my drac...so I'm putting another one together with lots of special touches.
Can someone help at all with the Launch button centre of hole and cabinet pivot bolt centres please in mm measurements.
I'm converting a Getaway cab for this project.

Thank you
Kurt

#6659 4 years ago

Also looking for a castle and graveyard, partly damaged ok - But I am in Australia

#6660 4 years ago

they are all Available New in Australia

#6661 4 years ago

Thanks Wayne I know.
Its for a mod project and I am trying to save a little bit here and there on it.. Eg I just bought a Wpc Cpu from you which was 410 and could have got it at the same time from you on ebay for 360. 50 bucks I could have used on more parts. Especially with 4 projects going at the moment.

#6662 4 years ago

must have been an ebay coupon as we receive the same money on ebay or direct

we don't receive less at all same price

#6663 4 years ago

how many bulbs are in the coffin?

#6664 4 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

how many bulbs are in the coffin?

There are 3 GI bulbs and 2 flashers. All are the wedge style base.

#6665 4 years ago

tyvm.

#6666 4 years ago

I'm working through a really nice customized project restore of my third Dracula!
Wondering if anyone has done, or is planning to modify or change, the Village area as I really don't like it. I know you can paint them but I just hate the whole molded part entirely. Keen to see if anyone has done something custom there or not or if there is anything for sale from the mod suppliers out there. I have some ideas but nothing suitable as yet.

#6667 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I'm working through a really nice customized project restore of my third Dracula!
Wondering if anyone has done, or is planning to modify or change, the Village area as I really don't like it. I know you can paint them but I just hate the whole molded part entirely. Keen to see if anyone has done something custom there or not or if there is anything for sale from the mod suppliers out there. I have some ideas but nothing suitable as yet.

I don't like the village as well. The specific location is just not represented in the movie enough, other than when young form Dracula is following Mina around London, or when he visits their manor to seduce Mina or eventually attack Lucy. I guess it could be either one of those. But it's clearly a village since the homes are different colors and not a singular structure to be the manor.

I feel like it should be one sinister location around the castle since the PF art itself depicts the castle walls and gates.

Perhaps a landscape of a Carpathian forest with dense trees, boulders, mountains, etc. would be cool. The ball winds it's way through the trees and cliffs, almost losing view of it through the landscape, as it comes down down the metal wire form toward the left in-lane.

bram-stokers-dracula-1992-gary-oldman-winona-ryder-52 (resized).jpgbram-stokers-dracula-1992-gary-oldman-winona-ryder-52 (resized).jpg

#6668 4 years ago

trying to get to those coffin bulbs, and i'm having a problem. i can't get the plastic shield off; the piece covering drac. i obviously see the two screws on the front, but are there anymore?

#6669 4 years ago

The back left post on the coffin also retains the grey plastic frame of the coffin. I think there is a tab that sits under the grey part that will be free once you remove the post

#6670 4 years ago

cool. once i get the replacement bulbs, i'll mess with it a little more. definitely feels like something towards the back is holding it down. ty.

#6671 4 years ago

Finally getting started on rebuilding my BSD. Can't wait to play it again!

IMG_20190802_152402 (resized).jpgIMG_20190802_152402 (resized).jpg
#6672 4 years ago

what type/size of screw should i use to install new leg bolt plates? these things:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-11400-1

#6673 4 years ago

what are these for? they keep popping up.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9492

#6674 4 years ago

nm; just going to get one of these:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-9296

matches what i have in there already. ty!

#6675 4 years ago

also saw this:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=dracula+coffin+cover

you can clearly see why i couldn't get the cover off now.

#6676 4 years ago

Perhaps you need a refresher course !

#6677 4 years ago

indeed. it's been awhile.

#6678 4 years ago

Took a stab at a sculpt of the tri-head. Only my second sculpt attempt, this was way harder than I thought. It's not perfect by any means but I'm tired of fussing with it any longer

When I restored my BSD, I stripped the apron and had it painted to match the metallic blood red that we did the rest of the hardware in. I always envisioned the Tri-head in the center of the apron, so I didn't put a sticker back in it's place. The trouble was, I couldn't find the Tri-head. This will do the trick!

IMG_20190807_2000412 (resized).jpgIMG_20190807_2000412 (resized).jpgIMG_20190807_2000537 (resized).jpgIMG_20190807_2000537 (resized).jpgIMG_20190807_2001264 (resized).jpgIMG_20190807_2001264 (resized).jpg
#6679 4 years ago

First resin cast to clean out the mold and find out where air gets trapped, creating bubbles. This stuff cures crazy hard! The tiny teeth filled with air so I would have to fill these first, when pouring or recreate whatever won't cast, before painting.

This was the hope, to fill this void on the apron. I have to sand the back down to take off the excess plastic as this sits a bit high (tip of nose touching glass and moved the tri-head up towards the chrome bar.

Getting there slowly...

IMG_20190808_0807577 (resized).jpgIMG_20190808_0807577 (resized).jpgIMG_20190808_0813121 (resized).jpgIMG_20190808_0813121 (resized).jpg
#6680 4 years ago

Looks awesome!

#6681 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Looks awesome!

Thanks! I'm trying

#6682 4 years ago

Great work!. I was going to do the same thing with this metal one I bought and backlight it red.
Did you powder coat ramps as well?
20190809_015651 (resized).jpg20190809_015651 (resized).jpg

#6683 4 years ago

Looks great man. I'd love a small one to adhere to a custom launch button. I don't like the generic 'LAUNCH' text there. I might try to do something like your 3D faces, or even a large Wallachian coin to have an old textured feel to the button would be cool.

On a side note, what do you guys think of the Retro Refurbs side blades? Does the art match and mesh with the PF and elsewhere to you? Quality good? I see several have them and debating getting some myself. With $25 shipping it runs me almost to $100 for the set.

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/bram-stokers-dracula-pinball-sideblades/#iLightbox[product-gallery]/1

#6684 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Mine is LED. LED colors are so.much richer and i love the dots look. Go led save money and dont look back. Some games are better LCD this is a LED game

Forgot to say thank you for the advice here. Never owned LCD before, but had an LED in my TFTC with no complaints. Amazing transformation to the game. I do give bonus points to almost seamless integration and putting a modern spin on the existing technology with the LED.

#6685 4 years ago

the metal one comes in a small pin version I ordered that too. A place called Stoneys in the UK via ebay. would look cool on thd Launch button. I dont like the text either.

#6686 4 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Looks great man. I'd love a small one to adhere to a custom launch button. I don't like the generic 'LAUNCH' text there. I might try to do something like your 3D faces, or even a large Wallachian coin to have an old textured feel to the button would be cool.
On a side note, what do you guys think of the Retro Refurbs side blades? Does the art match and mesh with the PF and elsewhere to you? Quality good? I see several have them and debating getting some myself. With $25 shipping it runs me almost to $100 for the set.
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/bram-stokers-dracula-pinball-sideblades/#iLightbox[product-gallery]/1

I can tell you that I had a set of these from Retro and they have the toughest laminate around! I liked the design but I had tilt graffixs do something semi custom for me. I ended up selling the Retros off.

#6687 4 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

I just put them on my game recently and I'm very happy with them. The art matches perfectly with the playfield and flows nicely with the art on the backboard. The quality is good - very durable. I can post some pics on my game later tonight if you like.

#6688 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Great work!. I was going to do the same thing with this metal one I bought and backlight it red.
Did you powder coat ramps as well?
[quoted image]

Well that would have saved me a crap load of time haha! Oh well, I guess that I have more detail so I'm pleased with that but I Iike the metal. My next decision is how to finish these. I also thought about lighting and can drill out where/if needed.

This isn't powder coat but rather an automotive, primer, base and clear. I think that I shared some pics long ago but maybe not. Everything metal on the cabinet, including the coin door and bolt heads are all the same, along with a pair of pingulps. I prepped and my GF's brother did the painting.

The full art package was from a place overseas, UV ink printed. I ordered their art blades as well.

#6689 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I just put them on my game recently and I'm very happy with them. The art matches perfectly with the playfield and flows nicely with the art on the backboard. The quality is good - very durable. I can post some pics on my game later tonight if you like.

Agreed! Same here, on mine and very happy with them.

#6690 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I can post some pics on my game later tonight if you like.

Pics would be awesome! But at your convenience of course.

#6691 4 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Pics would be awesome! But at your convenience of course.

I recently installed these on mine. Shipped from overseas and took a while to receive but totally worth it in my opinion. They look great and match the cabinet perfectly. Super thick material too.

99BE5253-1EED-472A-84B7-4C180F08DF4A.jpeg99BE5253-1EED-472A-84B7-4C180F08DF4A.jpegEE582A0E-1EBE-4A9C-B1D3-AA1FD77F6B31.jpegEE582A0E-1EBE-4A9C-B1D3-AA1FD77F6B31.jpeg
#6692 4 years ago

Thanks for posting those pics @Jakers. Mine are the same and look great. You can see in the last pic how they match with the exterior cab artwork.

#6693 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

First resin cast to clean out the mold and find out where air gets trapped, creating bubbles. This stuff cures crazy hard! The tiny teeth filled with air so I would have to fill these first, when pouring or recreate whatever won't cast, before painting.
This was the hope, to fill this void on the apron. I have to sand the back down to take off the excess plastic as this sits a bit high (tip of nose touching glass and moved the tri-head up towards the chrome bar.
Getting there slowly...[quoted image][quoted image]

Ever consider mounting this under the start button?

#6694 4 years ago

As I'm working on the rebuild... Is there a way to clean up nasty yellow lightning flippers? Or should I just go with black lightning ones instead?

IMG_20190809_202849 (resized).jpgIMG_20190809_202849 (resized).jpg
#6695 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I recently installed these on mine. Shipped from overseas and took a while to receive but totally worth it in my opinion. They look great and match the cabinet perfectly. Super thick material too.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks man! Really appreciate the shots here. It does look good. Got me thinking I may have to do something now.

Quoted from goatdan:

As I'm working on the rebuild... Is there a way to clean up nasty yellow lightning flippers? Or should I just go with black lightning ones instead?[quoted image]

Black lightning! I've got those with red rubbers and really like the vibe and bite the game has with the lightnings. Keep it brutal. Dracula would've wanted it that way.

#6696 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Ever consider mounting this under the start button?

Absolutely! Once I figure out what colour to best paint these, they could go anywhere

#6697 4 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

As I'm working on the rebuild... Is there a way to clean up nasty yellow lightning flippers? Or should I just go with black lightning ones instead?[quoted image]

Soak them in your cleaner of choice. I like Purple Power degreaser. Then scrub with a red Scotchbrite pad.

#6698 4 years ago

just use some good ol' elbow grease.

#6699 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Soak them in your cleaner of choice. I like Purple Power degreaser. Then scrub with a red Scotchbrite pad.

Bryan_Kelly have you found that some flipper runners fit lightning bats more tightly than others? I love the lightning flippers, but it seems like the rubber is just a tad more dead than rubber on standard flippers. As far as I know, no one makes a ever-so-slightly smaller lightning flipper rubber?

#6700 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Absolutely! Once I figure out what colour to best paint these, they could go anywhere

Pm sent

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 84.99
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
There are 11,141 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/134?hl=jodannar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.