P1000806 (resized).JPG
to use (resized).jpg
to use 2 (resized).jpg
to use 3 (resized).jpg
to use 4 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240225_155433778 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240225_154712067 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 222.
#6601 4 years ago

Awesome, thank you. I'll check the optos on the ramp.
I know the optos register correctly on the castle lock area so I'll have a look at the trough switches as I know it sometimes drops the mist ball out of the right holding area when loading it up.

Maybe related to the trough switches.

Thank you so much for you're help

#6602 4 years ago

Diverter is now working, just needed to clean the connections on the plug for the ramp optos under the playfield.

Trough switch was catching sometimes too, all working now, thank you so much

#6603 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakemate:

Diverter is now working, just needed to clean the connections on the plug for the ramp optos under the playfield.
Trough switch was catching sometimes too, all working now, thank you so much

Always am happy when a problem is solved by cleaning and adjustments.

#6604 4 years ago

Me too, when I got the pinball the backbox wasn't attached. I had to try and locate all the cables to the correct places on the boards.

Then various items like rebuilding flippers, stripping down and cleaning all the parts, new LEDs etc etc.

Pissed off though because my wife has the high score and I can't see any way of beating it as the gameplay is so fast with new rubbers etc.

I've thoroughly enjoyed working on the machine though.

#6605 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakemate:

Me too, when I got the pinball the backbox wasn't attached. I had to try and locate all the cables to the correct places on the boards.
Then various items like rebuilding flippers, stripping down and cleaning all the parts, new LEDs etc etc.
Pissed off though because my wife has the high score and I can't see any way of beating it as the gameplay is so fast with new rubbers etc.
I've thoroughly enjoyed working on the machine though.

THIIIRTY MILLLIONN!

#6606 4 years ago

I wish, can't even hit that bloody left ramp unless it's pure luck!

#6607 4 years ago

I meant to post this earlier, but work pulled me out of town.

No pictures I have seen do this artwork justice. The overall color temperature is just a bit cooler than the original, which really ties it to all the blue in the playfield. It's truly a great addition. Thanks, Pinstein!

2019-07-03 14.06.28 (resized).jpg2019-07-03 14.06.28 (resized).jpg
#6608 4 years ago

Got mine today as well. Nearly identical lighting but a completely different look and feel.

Original (resized).JPGOriginal (resized).JPGUpdated (resized).JPGUpdated (resized).JPG
#6609 4 years ago

Thanks to everyone for the recommendation. I've ordered a Pinsound board and found the speakers on Amazon for less than Parts Express. At the moment, it seems Pinsound is out of stock, and anticipating a 2-month delay, so I'll be exercising some patience as well.

I'm really looking forward to this one.

#6610 4 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

Thanks to everyone for the recommendation. I've ordered a Pinsound board and found the speakers on Amazon for less than Parts Express. At the moment, it seems Pinsound is out of stock, and anticipating a 2-month delay, so I'll be exercising some patience as well.

I have a PinSound in my BSD & LOTR. The BSD is a full replacement with matching form factor while the LOTR is an additional board. Clearly PinSound was designed for this era game. I am a PinSound fan and am still refining my BSD mix in collaboration with davebart. The Hazard mix is great and just as his is a remix of the original, ours will be simply an alternate mix.

#6611 4 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

I am a PinSound fan and am still refining my BSD mix in collaboration with davebart. The Hazard mix is great and just as his is a remix of the original, ours will be simply an alternate mix.

I would very much like to give it a listen when you feel it's ready. I'd even be happy to help beta test if it would be helpful.

#6612 4 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

Have you tried to get the Pinsound board from K's Arcade or some one else in the US that sells them? They may have in stock. Good luck.

#6613 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Have you tried to get the Pinsound board from K's Arcade or some one else in the US that sells them? They may have in stock. Good luck.

Naw, Pinsound was running a deal that involved a free headphone station and free shipping. I figured I could wait.

EDIT: Actually, I must have looked at an older description, it now says shipping in July, which, unless I'm REALLY late for work, is about now.

#6614 4 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

I would very much like to give it a listen when you feel it's ready. I'd even be happy to help beta test if it would be helpful.

Zen, I will send you a PM when we get to the point of “beta”.

#6615 4 years ago

What, I'm not beta worthy?

#6616 4 years ago

I am curious to what extent you have altered the mix. I have of course been doing some updates myself, but nowhere near a release yet.

#6617 4 years ago

Per the above two posts:
No worries @neverahighscore.
PM sent to Hazzard to explain and possibly collaborate.

After playing BSD last night for a couple hours, I had a thought about adding non BSD soundtrack music to another alternate mix, a non-pure mix if you will.

#6618 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

My apologies to all who were interested in those BSD decals I posted. Upon my final press check I am unhappy with the quality of the output and cannot offer them for sale. Sorry for the let down.

You will only let us down if you give up on this! Those decals when done right will sell like hot cakes!

#6619 4 years ago

Whilst mine is not overly loud.. it makes the mist ball less magical by hearing the motor and inclined spline moving, has anyone had a way to soften the noise of the movements?

#6620 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

Whilst mine is not overly loud.. it makes the mist ball less magical by hearing the motor and inclined spline moving, has anyone had a way to soften the noise of the movements?

While I hate this answer, my solution is generally to turn up the game's volume. I actually find the noise fills out the sound under the "Vinds! Vinds!" call.

#6621 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

..., has anyone had a way to soften the noise of the movements

Spray the rod/axl with a light touch of silicon spray, did wonders on mine

#6622 4 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Spray the rod/axl with a light touch of silicon spray, did wonders on mine

Nice! I have a "dry" silicone spray leftover from a car window repair that's worked well in other applications. Will try.

#6623 4 years ago

Hi club peeps!

I bought a colorDMD. I hear I need some kind of special speaker panel kit to install it? Where do I find this special kit? Thanks!

#6624 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hi club peeps!
I bought a colorDMD. I hear I need some kind of special speaker panel kit to install it? Where do I find this special kit? Thanks!

I recently got mine from ClassicArcades on eBay. It’s a reproduction speaker panel cover but has clear DMD plastic instead of the original red color.

#6625 4 years ago

i have just put in new speakers and a sub in my bsd , plays with pinsound .plays awesome , its like there is shaker in the cab .

IMG_20190719_113223[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20190719_113223[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20190719_113230[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20190719_113230[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20190719_113537[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20190719_113537[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20190719_113608[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20190719_113608[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20190719_114454[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20190719_114454[1] (resized).jpg
#6626 4 years ago

Anyone hear if CPR is going to release the mirrored backglass of the original translite soon? I'm definitely curious about that. I believe Stu or someone from their team said it was being worked on and coming soon.

#6627 4 years ago

I’ve discovered something puzzling with my machine. If I have a ball in the castle lock and then I hit the left Center standup it triggers the animation and fallout “master.. don’t fall asleep in the light” (or whatever it is) as if the ball has gone into the left opto Asylum shot. Only happens when the onto for the castle lock has a ball in it.

I can’t figure out why this is happening, can’t see any touching wires or anything. Only occurs if the castle opto 1 is blocked at the same time as the left Center standup is hit.

I have a new replacement homepin opto board in and I haven't noticed this issue before. I think I would have noticed it happening during normal play as it is quite apparent now when you hit the standup with a lock.

Could it be the diode on the standup target?

#6628 4 years ago

Anyone know if I can source the back panel decal somewhere?

5D728765-0617-491D-BEE2-E409AA1107C8 (resized).jpeg5D728765-0617-491D-BEE2-E409AA1107C8 (resized).jpeg
#6629 4 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Anyone know if I can source the back panel decal somewhere?[quoted image]

I believe I have a scan backup. I'll check when I'm home Friday.

#6631 4 years ago

Finally joined the club and am finishing up dialing in my new BSD. I'm noticing that if I get a nice clean shot on the left ramp when the diverter is down, alot of times the ball will just fly off the wire form and end up back on the playfield instead of the castle lock. Any advice on how to tweak that out? Just play with the wire form and bend a bit to better hold the ball?

#6632 4 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Anyone know if I can source the back panel decal somewhere?

Bryan Kelly had some before. Shoot him a PM.

#6633 4 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

alot of times the ball will just fly off the wire form and end up back on the playfield instead of the castle lock. Any advice on how to tweak that out? Just play with the wire form and bend a bit to better hold the ball?

Quoted from Doot77:

Not sure if this will fix the issue you guys are having with your ball falling off that wire ramp but mine did this after I had removed the ramp to do some work but it hadn't before that. I found that it was misaligned. Basically I had aligned it so the stud for the ball lock was in the middle of it and tightened everything down and the ball would fall off more times than not. But when I loosened the two mounting nuts for it and tightened them down where the ramp basically aligned itself to, its been fine ever since.

#6634 4 years ago

Hi all. Does anyone know if the apron on this title is identical to Getaway one at all?
Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

#6635 4 years ago

Also does anyone who has upgraded their coffin want to sell the grey plastic base at all?

#6636 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Bryan Kelly had some before. Shoot him a PM.

All gone.

#6637 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Hi all. Does anyone know if the apron on this title is identical to Getaway one at all?
Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

The apron itself is the same, the artwork on there is not

#6638 4 years ago

On location in Brooklyn with Repro Mirco PF. Very little fade in the red on one side, but that's it's only flaw.

46676 (resized).jpeg46676 (resized).jpegIMG_20190722_122323956 (resized).jpgIMG_20190722_122323956 (resized).jpgIMG_20190722_122343015 (resized).jpgIMG_20190722_122343015 (resized).jpg
#6639 4 years ago

Just got an email from PinSound for their new Motion Control board & shaker kit. It features a relay output that you can connect and control a variety of devices. They mention a fog machine in addition to others.

Imagine if when starting Mist, underneath the machine a green LED strip turns on and green-lighted fog spews out to create a green mist in your room. Sounds insane, but if the fog doesn't harm the games (I don't know if it does or not), it would be epic.

P.S. - I am not a spokesman for Pinsound, haha, but I am a lover of their products and would certainly be a guinea pig tester if they ever needed one!

#6640 4 years ago

I purchased a new fuse holder to replace the one currently in there (the fuse seemed a little loose but the game worked when I bought it). Now I know why. Want to make sure I get all the connections correct before undoing the existing hack.

Can anyone take of photo for me of the fuse hookup in the line filter? Or verify my thinking on fixing the issue? Thanks.

Filter.jpgFilter.jpg
#6641 4 years ago

This was a recent wpc teardown I did.

20190422_112429 (resized).jpg20190422_112429 (resized).jpg
#6642 4 years ago

@Colsond3

Thanks. I screwed around with this for a while and couldn't really get anywhere. What I ended up doing that seemed to work good and may help others (I can get a picture if this doesn't make sense) was use needle nose pliers and grab the left side of the wireform where the ball would fly off of and bend it up, using the right side of the wireform as the fulcrum so the left side of the wireform was higher than the right. It isn't really noticable but it makes a guardrail type effect that seems to both hold the ball on and slow it down just a touch. Working good so far...

#6643 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

This was a recent wpc teardown I did.[quoted image]

Got it. So they were using a fuse as a thermistor. Now to track down the correct values. Thanks.

#6644 4 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Just got an email from pinsound for their new Motion Control board & shaker kit. It features a relay output that you can connect and control a variety of devices. They mention a fog machine in addition to others.
Imagine if when starting Mist, underneath the machine a green LED strip turns on and green-lighted fog spews out to create a green mist in your room. Sounds insane, but if the fog doesn't harm the games (I don't know if it does or not), it would be epic.
P.S. - I am not a spokesman for Pinsound, haha, but I am a lover of their products and would certainly be a guinea pig tester if they ever needed one!

The fog machine mod has already been done before.....liorillusion created it. I have it on my machine...the mist motor triggers my fog machine underneath my pin and it spews fog. You can adjust for how long the fog machine stays on...a little goes a long way. It’s def a neat n nifty mod!

#6645 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

The fog machine mod has already been done before.....liorillusion created it. I have it on my machine...the mist motor triggers my fog machine underneath my pin and it spews fog. You can adjust for how long the fog machine stays on...a little goes a long way. It’s def a neat n nifty mod!

Any chance there's a video showing this feature?

#6647 4 years ago

Installed my new translite. Loving it

20190725_203058 (resized).jpg20190725_203058 (resized).jpg
#6648 4 years ago

heee's baaa-aaack.

0727191938[1] (resized).jpg0727191938[1] (resized).jpg
#6649 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

The fog machine mod has already been done before.....liorillusion created it

Thanks for the heads up and video link. I never even knew about it.

Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Installed my new translite. Loving it[quoted image]

Nice, I too have the alt translite in and really like it, and IMO it pairs best with the ColorDMD due to the variety of colors. Is yours an LCD or LED? Looks like DotsXL. I want a ColorDMD, but can’t decide between which type and want to see the two in person before deciding.

#6650 4 years ago

What size is this rubber?

dracula (resized).jpgdracula (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs
Decals
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
There are 11,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 222.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/133?hl=jodannar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.