PXL_20240310_205105814 (resized).jpg
20240307_151004 (resized).jpg
20240307_113514 (resized).jpg
P1000806 (resized).JPG
to use (resized).jpg
to use 2 (resized).jpg
to use 3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,103 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 223.
#6551 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

My apologies to all who were interested in those BSD decals I posted. Upon my final press check I am unhappy with the quality of the output and cannot offer them for sale. Sorry for the let down.

#6552 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I can’t wait to get it and post a picture with the red trim so Joe can really appreciate it.

Looks like I didn’t have to wait long! Delivered to my office this afternoon.

Quoted from Pinstein:

My apologies to all who were interested in those BSD decals I posted. Upon my final press check I am unhappy with the quality of the output and cannot offer them for sale. Sorry for the let down.

That sucks (pun intended), because your translite kicks ass. Now for Joe’s money shot...

01999D31-9618-45E0-84B4-7D8979CE8E7A (resized).jpeg01999D31-9618-45E0-84B4-7D8979CE8E7A (resized).jpeg26002019-FBDD-422B-BC70-328D0A023CA5 (resized).jpeg26002019-FBDD-422B-BC70-328D0A023CA5 (resized).jpeg
#6553 4 years ago

I wouldn't expect anything else, again and again and again and again..........

#6554 4 years ago

That new translite does look sweet! And if you can believe it, it makes your hideous red trim almost bearable.

#6555 4 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

And if you can believe it, it makes your hideous red trim almost bearable.

Stop by sometime. Unfortunately, at your skill level of play, you’re not often in front of the machine long enough to appreciate the color of the armor.

4126E814-155A-4CB6-810F-D6C86BEFEEA2.gif4126E814-155A-4CB6-810F-D6C86BEFEEA2.gif
#6556 4 years ago

I recently started a thread on a BSD restoration and need some help from other owners please.

Do I have all the parts in the Mist magnet assembly? Or is there something missing?

What type of actuator should be on the microswitch beside the drive motor? 
20190625_141747 (resized).jpg20190625_141747 (resized).jpg20190625_141854 (resized).jpg20190625_141854 (resized).jpg20190625_141833 (resized).jpg20190625_141833 (resized).jpg

#6557 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

What type of actuator should be on the microswitch beside the drive motor? 
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

One on each side
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5647-12693-14

The rest looks good to me. The cable is obviously missing the plastic housing for the one connector.

BSD Magnet (resized).JPGBSD Magnet (resized).JPGBSD Motor (resized).JPGBSD Motor (resized).JPG
#6558 4 years ago

I just wanted to let all who purchased translates know that all orders from last week shipped today. Sorry for any delay. They go out priority mail and should arrive mon, tues. Thanks!

#6559 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I just wanted to let all who purchased translates know that all orders from last week shipped today. Sorry for any delay. They go out priority mail and should arrive mon, tues. Thanks!

Hope to hear back from you soon.

#6560 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I'm really looking forward to this!

#6561 4 years ago

I started to prepare a new set of decals for my machine. The first thing I did was to improve the ultra low resolution dracula/wolf "logo" to how it is meant to look. In the original version you don't recognise Dracula's face at all! I also intensified the red colour to match my blood red powder coating.
Attach24062_20190626_101003 (resized).jpgAttach24062_20190626_101003 (resized).jpgAttach24039_20190625_160518 (resized).jpgAttach24039_20190625_160518 (resized).jpgIMG_20190701_001004 (resized).jpgIMG_20190701_001004 (resized).jpg

#6562 4 years ago

Made some bats for my pop bumpers.

C94CF38F-CF07-4D92-8DF9-8A09BACD27AA (resized).jpegC94CF38F-CF07-4D92-8DF9-8A09BACD27AA (resized).jpeg
#6563 4 years ago

Almost finished with my restore job on my recently acquired BSD. Repaired all the dings and imperfections in the cabinet and painted around all the edges black to receive the new radcal artwork. Wow, I have to say, it came out looking even better than I had hoped. The radcals are cut so perfectly that I didn’t really need to do any painting. I was worried there might be 1/8” or more gap to the edges of the cab where the radcal would not cover but instead they go pretty much right to edges. I was also a bit worried about cutting the holes, especially for the start button since the cut will be visible - that turned out to be a breeze. With the proper dremel bit I had no issues. I just had to touch up the wood with some black paint around the inside of the hole where I took off some of the paint. I couldn’t be happier with the result. Worth every penny!

I’m away on vacation till july 9th and didn’t take any pics. I’ll be sure to post some when I get back.

Also, that alternate translite everyone has been showing off looks fantastic! Now that’s one I actually might consider over the original.

#6564 4 years ago
Quoted from Trident:

Made some bats for my pop bumpers.[quoted image]

That looks great!! Good idea.

#6565 4 years ago

Anybody need a Graveyard?

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “Dracula Pinball playfield plastic. New Free Shipping. Goes in Upper left corner of game. This is a brand spanking new piece.”
2019-09-14
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 10 days
Viewed: 250 times

Free Shipping.

#6566 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Also, that alternate translite everyone has been showing off looks fantastic! Now that’s one I actually might consider over the original.

Received mine today. Very nice with sharp images and crisp color saturation. Thanks!!!

#6567 4 years ago

Received mine today. Very nice with sharp images and crisp color saturation. Thanks!!!

I just want to second this. Mine came today and it looks amazing in the machine.

#6568 4 years ago

Would like to see this with your decals!

#6569 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Would like to see this with your decals!

It's like it was made for those decals. I'll be installing this weekend and post some pics.

#6570 4 years ago

I'll be doing another run of BSD coffin mods soon. It will require a REFUNDABLE $50 deposit to get on the list. This is the only mod I request this for, and it's because it takes approximately 7hrs to produce 1 mod.

PM if interested. Thanks

#6571 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

I'll be doing another run of BSD coffin mods soon. It will require a REFUNDABLE $50 deposit to get on the list. This is the only mod I request this for, and it's because it takes approximately 7hrs to produce 1 mod.
PM if interested. Thanks

I got one second hand. It's a fantastic mod, and well worth the price!

#6572 4 years ago

It's like it was made for those decals. I'll be installing this weekend and post some pics.

Just for you, I accessorized with more red via barstool.
CDE48852-40D4-4F76-8E4E-994BE8A6F707 (resized).jpegCDE48852-40D4-4F76-8E4E-994BE8A6F707 (resized).jpeg

C8D12A95-3AE1-4640-8504-F628DC6547E5 (resized).jpegC8D12A95-3AE1-4640-8504-F628DC6547E5 (resized).jpeg
#6573 4 years ago

Well, I know you're not a vampire because I can see your reflection!

#6574 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Just for you, I accessorized with more red via barstool.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome stool! I want one!

#6575 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Awesome stool! I want one!

I picked it up from Automated Services at Pintastic. They have a ton of different ones. It’s called a Pin Cushion.

Well, I know you're not a vampire because I can see your reflection!

I wasn’t taking the pic. I was standing next to the guy.

#6576 4 years ago

Well I couldn't wait. I also wanted to show that wanna-be vampire in Langhorne the correct trim color choice!
IMG_2020 (resized).JPGIMG_2020 (resized).JPG
IMG_2017 (resized).JPGIMG_2017 (resized).JPG
IMG_2021 (resized).JPGIMG_2021 (resized).JPG
IMG_2022 (resized).JPGIMG_2022 (resized).JPG

#6577 4 years ago

Well I couldn't wait. I also wanted to show that wanna-be vampire in Langhorne the correct trim color choice!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

So jealous of your cabinet decals.

Again, whoever here ruined it by making Alan choose to stop making them: fuck you.

#6578 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Again, whoever here ruined it by making Alan choose to stop making them: fuck you.

I didn't know this. That sucks. Sorry.

#6579 4 years ago

Why would anybody make him stop making those decals? They looked awesome.

#6580 4 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Guessing lawyers

#6581 4 years ago

Thanks for that.

#6582 4 years ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That's an awesome looking alternate translight, still would rather keep mine stock with the original.
Also, any interest in a topper for BSD? I have one from Laserrific that I'm not installing after our move. I got to dig up pics and post.

#6583 4 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Because they got their hands on some, were upset about something trivial, and went and told Rick....and that ended that.

#6584 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Because they got their hands on some, were upset about something trivial, and went and told Rick....and that ended that.

That's shitty. If I didn't already have radcals, I would definitely have wanted those alternate decals. Looks amazing!

#6585 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Is there more to the story that I missed?

Quoted from Pinstein:

I suppose you could read this as two separate propositions: "I am unhappy with the quality..." and "(I) cannot offer them for sale", but I think that's some pretty aggressive parsing (In all fairness, though, I used that exact same structure to get out of a lease a bunch of years ago). Is there any evidence to suggest a C&D situation?

If not, is there any possibility that an improved version could be somewhere down the road?

#6586 4 years ago

So for those who have both a Color DMD and Pinsound:

If you could do it over again, which of those mods would you do first? Does one have a bigger "bang for the buck" factor?

#6587 4 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

If you could do it over again, which of those mods would you do first? Does one have a bigger "bang for the buck" factor?

Pinsound hands down and drop the mic.

#6588 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

100% agreed. I've actually thought about that not too long ago. I really believe that pinsound gives the player an extra level of immersion in the game and it's always there, not just when you have time to pop your head up to soak it in - always. My older games will all have pinsound before I even think of ColorDMD.

#6589 4 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

Is there more to the story that I missed?

I suppose you could read this as two separate propositions: "I am unhappy with the quality..." and "(I) cannot offer them for sale", but I think that's some pretty aggressive parsing (In all fairness, though, I used that exact same structure to get out of a lease a bunch of years ago). Is there any evidence to suggest a C&D situation?
If not, is there any possibility that an improved version could be somewhere down the road?

I'm Hoping these can still come to life in the near future. I saw a sneak peak months ago and have been patiently waiting... Only to hear the bad news

#6590 4 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

Both.

No, seriously.........both.

With both mods, it is in the "A-list" status as far as I'm concerned (which really means diddly squat - bottom line, I won't be selling mine - ever - unless I need rent money or something insane).

Color makes the DMD pop like crazy.

Hazzard's sound remix definitely changes the game for the better. The only edit I want to make is the Castle Jackpot scream. That's the only sound I prefer in the original sound batch. Everything else is amazing.

#6591 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Almost finished with my restore job on my recently acquired BSD. Repaired all the dings and imperfections in the cabinet and painted around all the edges black to receive the new radcal artwork. Wow, I have to say, it came out looking even better than I had hoped. The radcals are cut so perfectly that I didn’t really need to do any painting. I was worried there might be 1/8” or more gap to the edges of the cab where the radcal would not cover but instead they go pretty much right to edges. I was also a bit worried about cutting the holes, especially for the start button since the cut will be visible - that turned out to be a breeze. With the proper dremel bit I had no issues. I just had to touch up the wood with some black paint around the inside of the hole where I took off some of the paint. I couldn’t be happier with the result. Worth every penny!
I’m away on vacation till july 9th and didn’t take any pics. I’ll be sure to post some when I get back.

Yes, waiting on pics. Especially interested in your Radcal corners and that start button cutout.

#6592 4 years ago

Thanks everyone for the input! I've been leaning toward Pinsound first, and I think this pretty much seals the deal.

Quoted from NPO:

Both.
No, seriously.........both.
With both mods, it is in the "A-list" status as far as I'm concerned (which really means diddly squat - bottom line, I won't be selling mine - ever - unless I need rent money or something insane).
Color makes the DMD pop like crazy.
Hazzard's sound remix definitely changes the game for the better. The only edit I want to make is the Castle Jackpot scream. That's the only sound I prefer in the original sound batch. Everything else is amazing.

Oh, I agree. I picked up my BSD as a bit of a lark. Playing it at shows and on location, it never quite hit my top 5 "must have" games, but since I brought it home, I can't imagine not having it. Eventually, I'll do it all, and have WAY more into it than I can possibly ever get out, but who cares? I do other stuff to make and grow money, this is about having an amazing game in my house! I will definitely do both, and probably some other stuff in time. Both is a bit much to bite off all at once for me right now, so I was more looking toward order-of-installation more than going one direction or the other.

Quoted from sulli10:

Thank you, and well said!

Quoted from pipes:

100% agreed. I've actually thought about that not too long ago. I really believe that pinsound gives the player an extra level of immersion in the game and it's always there, not just when you have time to pop your head up to soak it in - always. My older games will all have pinsound before I even think of ColorDMD.

That's a great point. I'll always hear what's going on, but I'm not nearly good enough as yet to spend a lot of time looking at the display.

#6593 4 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Yes, waiting on pics. Especially interested in your Radcal corners and that start button cutout.

Yup, pics coming.

FYI, I did the start button cut last. I used all the other cuts, particularly the flipper buttons, as practice until I was comfortable with the process and my own skill with the dremel. I went out and bought a brand new bit as well just in case. The start button did worry me quite a bit I have to say.

#6594 4 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

Thanks everyone for the input! I've been leaning toward Pinsound first, and I think this pretty much seals the deal.

Oh, I agree. I picked up my BSD as a bit of a lark. Playing it at shows and on location, it never quite hit my top 5 "must have" games, but since I brought it home, I can't imagine not having it. Eventually, I'll do it all, and have WAY more into it than I can possibly ever get out, but who cares? I do other stuff to make and grow money, this is about having an amazing game in my house! I will definitely do both, and probably some other stuff in time. Both is a bit much to bite off all at once for me right now, so I was more looking toward order-of-installation more than going one direction or the other.

Thank you, and well said!

That's a great point. I'll always hear what's going on, but I'm not nearly good enough as yet to spend a lot of time looking at the display.

Interesting you seem to be taking the same approach on this game as I am. I usually do not spend a great deal on mods besides pinsound and color dmd’s with a few exceptions such as LOTR, Tron and MET ( Tron and MET are gone, LOL).On B/W games I usually invest in trying to get the game back to original status (like replacing plastics, old hardware, etc.). I will buy an alternate trans light if one comes up I really like (Shadow/ STTNG).
This is my second BSD, I have already put more into it then I thought when I originally got it and I find my self thinking about more. Definitely will put in a color DMD. Thinking about RADCAL’s and black powder coating (sorry to the red guys ). Also thinking about the coffin mod and getting the buildings / graveyard custom painted.
I think Hazzard’s work on The pinsound platform is fantastic and looking forward to the tweeks people are talking about there.
I liked BSD the first time around but let it go. I am thinking this one may get “bolted to the floor status”. If I invest in it like I am thinking ,it most likely will be a keeper, so money into the game is a never mind.
Enjoy.

#6595 4 years ago

Hello from Portugal
I've picked up a poorly bsd last month, never had a pinball before but I've managed to strip down the playfield, clean it up, replace rubbers and lamps and it's a lot happier.

I wouldn't have managed it if it wasn't for reading posts on this forum from great knowledgeable people on here.

Unfortunately I have a couple of issues that I haven't resolved.

Even when I hit plenty of left ramp shots the diverter doesn't drop down even though it tests fine in the test menu.

Also what might be linked but I'm not sure is if you hit a weak left ramp shot (diverter doesn't drop) and the ball drop down into the castle lock area it locks but then the solenoid drops the bar and releases it into the launch lane and also loads another ball causing two balls to be launched.

I've checked castle lock optos which test fine, can anyone help!

Many thanks in advance

#6596 4 years ago

Does anyone get a hollow knock noise when a ball hits their rear Playfield backboard above the lanes? I’ve never had another machine make such a distinctive hollow wood sound when the ball hits the back panel. *clock*

#6597 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

Does anyone get a hollow knock noise when a ball hits their rear Playfield backboard above the lanes? I’ve never had another machine make such a distinctive hollow wood sound when the ball hits the back panel. *clock*

I have never noticed that on my game.

#6598 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

Does anyone get a hollow knock noise when a ball hits their rear Playfield backboard above the lanes?

Dracula is stuck in his coffin. Please let him out.

#6599 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakemate:

Hello from Portugal
I've picked up a poorly bsd last month, never had a pinball before but I've managed to strip down the playfield, clean it up, replace rubbers and lamps and it's a lot happier.
I wouldn't have managed it if it wasn't for reading posts on this forum from great knowledgeable people on here.
Even when I hit plenty of left ramp shots the diverter doesn't drop down even though it tests fine in the test menu.
Also what might be linked but I'm not sure is if you hit a weak left ramp shot (diverter doesn't drop) and the ball drop down into the castle lock area it locks but then the solenoid drops the bar and releases it into the launch lane and also loads another ball causing two balls to be launched.
Many thanks in advance

Congrats on picking up a great game! To verify and troubleshoot the diverter, put the game in switch test mode and confirm that the opto on the left ramp is registering hits with an actual ball. This opto triggers the diverter to drop.

For the two ball load, I would test and confirm your trough switches are working. It could also be the optos on the castle lock wire ramp. I would start with those and work from there.

Good luck!

#6600 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakemate:

Hello from Portugal
Many thanks in advance

If the diverted works in test mode make sure that the ramp switch works. If the ramp switch does not registered it will not tell the CPU to drop the diverter.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 85.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Boards
PinSound
Boards
There are 11,103 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/132?hl=luckdragon100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.