IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 224.
#601 10 years ago

Hey just got my bsd yesterday and I need a left ramp. Is anybody making them thanks for the help

#602 10 years ago

best of luck finding a ramp, let us know if you find a stash of new ones around

#603 10 years ago

Price check for a nice example with a clean, unfaded cabinet and no errors?

It's been years since I owned a BSD, back when they were $1200-$1500. I know those days are long gone.

#604 10 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

Anybody interested in it. I can make a batch ?

I'd definitely be down for this...pm sent!

#606 10 years ago

Hi BSD lovers

I have now in print 12 sets of Bram Stokers Dracula complete cabinet artwork
It´s on UV protected film will never fade again
Its printen on high quality film that will remove bubbles when you mount it

Let me know if interest and send me a email og message.

The Dracula 2 crosses MOD LED packages there i have 15 sets

The Dracula eyes mod send me mess i will help you make it

The MEGA MOD of 2013 the Dracula Topper is in painting now! picture on the way

#607 10 years ago

Could anyone post a picture of the left side gate please? Need to see the coil, spring and gate.

Cheers

#608 10 years ago

Could anyone post a picture of the left side gate please? Need to see the coil, spring and gate.
Cheers

Here's a teardown photo of the gate. Might have one more post-shop...
image.jpgimage.jpg

#609 10 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

Just finished this up and WOW!!! Drac is now a part of the game. It was a lot of work to cast and get it to fit but, I def figured it out.

Awesome job! How much?

#611 10 years ago

I just brought home a BSD, and the first issue I noticed is the playfield glass is touching the top of the tombstone cross. It drags along the top edge when I slide the glass in & out, and I'm afraid it could get snapped off. Also, it's causing the sticker on top of the tombstone to peel back.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Any ideas for an easy fix?

#612 10 years ago

hi nor cal, are you talking about the metal tombstone behind the coffin? if so there is a screw on top that needs to be tightened. joe

#613 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I noticed low voltage on the emitter opto for the beam going across the playfield for Mist Multiball. I was getting about 7 volts where it should have been 12. This caused the opto to register closed and the game to constantly run the magnet because it thinks there is a ball somewhere in that path. I'm re-capping the daughter opto board to the right underneath the playfield, I believe it uses 2 30v 100uf caps. Check your opto emitter voltage. The 12v power supply is unregulated so the game probably relies on these opto boards to smoothen out any remaining ripple in the supply.

Crash,

Did this solve the long opto problems? I get 1.1 volts at the emitter and 12 volts at the receiver. Ordered new optos but may beed to cap the 24 opto board if that is the issue.

#615 10 years ago
Quoted from joe2012:

hi nor cal, are you talking about the metal tombstone behind the coffin? if so there is a screw on top that needs to be tightened. joe

Thanks, Joe! That screw on the top piece did need tightening, but the glass is still dragging the front piece of the tombstone. You know, the cross-shaped one with the lamps. Is it possible to lower that thing?

#616 10 years ago

Well we recapped the board but it got to where it didn't notice the switch closure tested with a good receiver. I found someone who sold theirs, hope that does it.

#617 10 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Thanks, Joe! That screw on the top piece did need tightening, but the glass is still dragging the front piece of the tombstone. You know, the cross-shaped one with the lamps. Is it possible to lower that thing?

It's possible that this is related to the earlier post about the hex post sizes. There are three hex posts supporting the back of the coffin and the adjacent ramp. They are all different lengths but only by a few millimeters. If they've been put back in the wrong places it can lead to the glass touching the top of the coffin tombstone.

Pete

#618 10 years ago

I'm sure it's been covered before, but I need help with Mist problems. I get a "Magnet unload" error on startup and then eratic Mistball during play, with magnet crossing the playfield several times. Sometimes the magnet holds the ball, sometimes not. Both gates operating correctly. I'm new to this, so could do with some step by step guidance. Maybe Opto related. Multi meter at the ready.

Thanks in advance.

#619 10 years ago

Anyone have a BSD for sale in Michigan? PM me..

#620 10 years ago

hi norcal, on mine the tombstone is behind the cross with lights not on top. are the screws for the cross tight?is the front of the coffin lose? g.l. joe

#621 10 years ago

Solenoid dust!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#622 10 years ago
Quoted from nthack:

I'm sure it's been covered before, but I need help with Mist problems. I get a "Magnet unload" error on startup and then eratic Mistball during play, with magnet crossing the playfield several times. Sometimes the magnet holds the ball, sometimes not. Both gates operating correctly. I'm new to this, so could do with some step by step guidance. Maybe Opto related. Multi meter at the ready.
Thanks in advance.

Run the magnet test through the coin door service buttons and let us know what errors you get.

#623 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Run the magnet test through the coin door service buttons and let us know what errors you get.

On first pressing of the Test button, I get Magnet unload error. Then on Test 15 - Magnet, it fails the first test. Magnet Unload Error. It then seems to run through all the other tests OK.

#624 10 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

Anyone have a BSD for sale in Michigan? PM me..

I have one near you, but there's no topper.

#626 10 years ago
Quoted from nthack:

On first pressing of the Test button, I get Magnet unload error. Then on Test 15 - Magnet, it fails the first test. Magnet Unload Error. It then seems to run through all the other tests OK.

Go into the switch matrix test and then look at the switch matrix table in your manual (or download from ipdb.com). Test all optos and make sure they are working properly.

#627 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Go into the switch matrix test and then look at the switch matrix table in your manual (or download from ipdb.com). Test all optos and make sure they are working properly.

Tom. I've tried every test I can find. All optos seem OK, except 82, which is the long beam opto. This is permanently closed and nothing happens when you block its path. Voltage at transmitter is 0.9v, where the manual says it should be 1.4v. I'm a bit out of my depth now but pressing on. I can't see how you can line up the receiver and transmitter. When running the magnet tests, there sould be a dotted line showing the path on the display. This doesn't appear.
What confuses me as well, is when the game is running, the ball travels across the pf very well. If you don't hit it, it drops into the opposite gate perfectly.

#629 10 years ago

How long are the posts for the proto slings? I bought 2" and they are too long the 1" I had laying around are too short on the left side...

#630 10 years ago

hey just got mine a few months ago, awesome game, keep getting a check mystery hole switch 58 error on test, any ideas?

#631 10 years ago

Can someone take a picture of the right side near the Mist gate with the castle removed? Specifically I'd like to know what the left side of the gate looks like, what kind of post is there? I assume there is some sort of spacer attached to it to attach to the castle? Mine is missing whatever spacer is supposed to be there, and only has a screw with a rubber post sleeve on it, nothing else, and nothing attached to the castle, so it's very loose with only the lower screw holding it together.

#632 10 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

I placed an order friday with these guys so i am emailing to see if i can save on shipping.
http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/plunger-ball-popper-107mm-williams-p-1053.html?language=english

So this popper is too long. I put the broken one beside it and marked the length. Th.en I cut it with a hacksaw. Works perfect.

#633 10 years ago

Well, I was having intermittent issues with the mist multiball. It seemed to work fine after the machine was on a while. I replaced both the emitter and the receiver and now something is wrong. The magnet goes back and forth constantly as it thinks a ball is stuck on the magnet since the long opto is screwy. I did actually see that the emitter is working via the camera test. I get 7 volts at the emitter now and about 13.5 at the receiver. I can't get the remote to trigger the receiver in test mode but when I put a meter on the receiver I can see a 1 volt drop when I sent a tv remote signal to it. Any ideas? New board?

#634 10 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Well, I was having intermittent issues with the mist multiball. It seemed to work fine after the machine was on a while. I replaced both the emitter and the receiver and now something is wrong. The magnet goes back and forth constantly as it thinks a ball is stuck on the magnet since the long opto is screwy. I did actually see that the emitter is working via the camera test. I get 7 volts at the emitter now and about 13.5 at the receiver. I can't get the remote to trigger the receiver in test mode but when I put a meter on the receiver I can see a 1 volt drop when I sent a tv remote signal to it. Any ideas? New board?

I would check the alignment of the long beam opto emitter before anything else - the manual suggests it should be adjusted towards the front of the game and if its not the receiver may not be picking it up

#635 10 years ago
Quoted from Almost4200hp:

I would check the alignment of the long beam opto emitter before anything else - the manual suggests it should be adjusted towards the front of the game and if its not the receiver may not be picking it up

Yes, but how do you adjust it? It sits in a slot and cannot be moved either way. I think I may be missing something here.

#636 10 years ago
Quoted from nthack:

Yes, but how do you adjust it? It sits in a slot and cannot be moved either way. I think I may be missing something here.

Yea. Rides in that slot with very little adjustability.

#637 10 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Yea. Rides in that slot with very little adjustability.

And that's why I figured adjustability wouldn't be a problem.

#638 10 years ago

I ordered the Homepin opto board last night to hopefully solve my problems. I will let you guys know when it comes in. (From Austrailia)

#639 10 years ago

If you don't have one of these already, they are very handy in checking out whether the emitter is working or not...or you can use some digital cameras.

This is an example, there are other cards available and probably at a cheaper price. Not sure where I got mine. Just wanted to let people know they exist.

http://i-fiberoptics.com/tool-detail.php?id=560

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/DISTRIBUTED-BY-MCM-72-6772-/72-6772

Robert

#640 10 years ago

On my BSD it seems to act weird and I am not sure this is normal.

On the 3rd ball I get "consolation" mist multiball-
The problem is that when I drain the first ball- it ends the game.(there is still one ball in play)
This only happens on ball 3 with the "consolation" mist.
Any other time mist works correctly(drain first ball and continue to play)
Is this normal?
I hope my description makes sense.
Thanks in advance.

#641 10 years ago

It seems to me that everybody and his dog has got Dracula mist problems and rarely get them sorted. Terryb's article helps to point in the right direction but is a little complicated. Like Jodester, I have ordered a new Aussie opto card, plus a set of emitter and receiver optos. Whole table is in bits now, will have to wait until new parts arrive then have another go.

#642 10 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

The problem is that when I drain the first ball- it ends the game.(there is still one ball in play) Is this normal?

No...

Robert

#643 10 years ago

I used to get the "magnet upload" error on my BSD. Couldn't figure it out, because the game worked perfectly.

Then one day I took out the batteries to change them, and then forgot and turned off and unplugged the game to move it.

When I put in new batteries, plugged it in and restarted the game, it went into a factory reset.

Never had that error message again after that.

To those that get that error and the machine seems to be working OK, maybe a factory reset will help; of course you lose all of your scores and settings.

Robert

#644 10 years ago

I have no errors and the mist/magnet test works flawlessly.

------It only happens on "consolation" mist. (3rd ball)-----

Mist always works perfectly any other time. If I have previously got mist multiball then get it again on ball 3 it works correctly.
I have watched the above vid and my machine seems mechanically correct.
Any other thoughts/opinions.
Thanks again

#645 10 years ago

Perhaps a weird bug? Are you running the latest CPU ROM?

#646 10 years ago

not sure about the ROM
I think mine is L-1..... does that sound right?

#648 10 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

Any other thoughts/opinions.

If you haven't already, run the *magnet test* and watch the display for errors. Especially between ball movements, when the flashers go off. The magnet test is the last test under the test menu. Also, in *switch test*, roll a ball over your trough switches to make sure they are all working properly.

Quoted from ryan1234:

I think mine is L-1..... does that sound right?

That's the only revision for BSD. It has some minor bugs, but not what you are seeing. Last resort, try a hard factory reset by pulling the batteries and unplugging the game for 5 minutes.

#649 10 years ago

Just finished the project! It's going straight back to location, where it was back in 2011 only in a dirty half-working state.

image-783.jpgimage-783.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage-678.jpgimage-678.jpg

#650 10 years ago

I got a bit carried away when replacing parts and cleaning my BSD. My record keeping wasn't as good as it should have been and my memory is poor as well. I have these parts which I'm not sure where they go. I'm sure someone can help a novice. Many thanks in advance.

20131009_164100_1.jpg20131009_164100_1.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 224.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.