IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg
20240314_090424 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240310_205042362 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 223.
#6051 5 years ago

I have a BSD where one light on a light board under the PF, works, but only intermittently, and it seems to stay on only
when applying some pressure to the bulb holder. Can someone guide me as to how to fix that? Is it a matter of re-flowing
solder to that light? Thanks.

#6052 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballbeachman:

I have a BSD where one light on a light board under the PF, works, but only intermittently, and it seems to stay on only
when applying some pressure to the bulb holder. Can someone guide me as to how to fix that? Is it a matter of re-flowing

Is it the 2x light? Mine too.
Yes, pull the board and check all the solder points, including the pad where the bulb twists on.
Also make sure all the wires are tight in the connector.

#6053 5 years ago

Yep. Definitely a quick reflow on the solder should fix it,.

#6054 5 years ago

Thanks everyone, yes a little reflow fixed it. After 10 years, I still feel a little
skittish messing with the electrical! It was the Coffin Multi-Ball Light. This is
the second time I have owned this machine. Had it, sold it, didn't realize
how much the wife and I liked it, so got it again (for more money of course)
and it is here to stay!

P1010003 (2) (resized).JPGP1010003 (2) (resized).JPG
#6055 5 years ago

Thanks everyone, yes a little reflow fixed it. After 10 years, I still feel a little
skittish messing with the electrical! It was the Coffin Multi-Ball Light. This is
the second time I have owned this machine. Had it, sold it, didn't realize
and it is here to stay!
[quoted image]

It looks really nice!

#6056 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinrookie:

This is my solution. I bought a mid to high density foam cut it to a “J” shape then stick it in front of the diverter. The trick is the end is slightly thicker than the front. This foam can slow down the ball speed and absorbed some of the impact. I tried a few time before I satisfied the results. You can see the pictures for more info. I know it is not look nice but people can’t really see it because it is hidden behind the coffin. In general, once I got it right the jumping issue never happened to my machine again.
[quoted image]

I see that you have the tombstone mod from morpheus too! I'm having issues in putting the glass on the pin with it installed! How could you even put a washer and a round head screw on it???

20181229_174818 (resized).jpg20181229_174818 (resized).jpg20181229_174824 (resized).jpg20181229_174824 (resized).jpg
#6057 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Yep. Definitely a quick reflow on the solder should fix it,.

I have owned 3 BSDs and worked on a few more.

Without exception, I have had to pull the multiball light board, the dracula lightning board, and the board under the cross and reflow the pads and header pins to make them work reliably.

RM

#6058 5 years ago

Had it, sold it, didn't realize
and it is here to stay!

Does look nice! Welcome back. I’d probably change the Rainbow Brite color scheme going on behind the translite. Green Winona and blue Drac hand don’t seem to fit.

#6059 5 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

I see that you have the tombstone mod from morpheus too! I'm having issues in putting the glass on the pin with it installed! How could you even put a washer and a round head screw on it???[quoted image][quoted image]

It is a tight fit. No washer. Flat head screw, and sometimes life the PF glass just slightly when you get to it to get it over the top!

#6060 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Does look nice! Welcome back. I’d probably change the Rainbow Brite color scheme going on behind the translite. Green Winona and blue Drac hand don’t seem to fit.

I agree. It was LED by the last owner, so I will make a few changes over time!

#6061 5 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

I see that you have the tombstone mod from morpheus too! I'm having issues in putting the glass on the pin with it installed! How could you even put a washer and a round head screw on it???

Hi Pesmerga
Sorry for the late reply. I don’t have above issue with my machine. It fitted perfectly from day one.

#6062 5 years ago

Does anyone have a link to the WPC no-ghost ROM for BSD? I tried to create one myself, but it did not work. I have the ROM burner.

#6063 5 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

Does anyone have a link to the WPC no-ghost ROM for BSD? I tried to create one myself, but it did not work. I have the ROM burner.

Sorry for my ignorance here, but I'm a new BSD owner. I've heard of this ROM set, but is this to control the nasty flickering of certain inserts? My 2MIL insert in the cross in front of the right ramp and the coffin lock insert flicker like crazy. I've tried the best non-ghost LEDs from Comet with no luck. I'd be interested in this if this would help knock that flickering out.

#6064 5 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Sorry for my ignorance here, but I'm a new BSD owner. I've heard of this ROM set, but is this to control the nasty flickering of certain inserts? My 2MIL insert in the cross in front of the right ramp and the coffin lock insert flicker like crazy. I've tried the best non-ghost LEDs from Comet with no luck. I'd be interested in this if this would help knock that flickering out.

LEDOCD...done

#6065 5 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I have owned 3 BSDs and worked on a few more.
Without exception, I have had to pull the multiball light board, the dracula lightning board, and the board under the cross and reflow the pads and header pins to make them work reliably.
RM

Yep. I'll vouch for that too!

#6066 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinrookie:

Hi Pesmerga
Sorry for the late reply. I don’t have above issue with my machine. It fitted perfectly from day one.

How lucky you are!!

#6067 5 years ago

LEDOCD did not fix my ghosting inserts. But using incandescents in the problem lamps did. I marked the problem lamps on the matrix chart and narrowed it down to about 5 or 6 if I recall correctly.

#6068 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

LEDOCD...done

Thanks for the suggestion!

Quoted from Jgaltr56:

LEDOCD did not fix my ghosting inserts. But using incandescents in the problem lamps did. I marked the problem lamps on the matrix chart and narrowed it down to about 5 or 6 if I recall correctly.

Interesting... didn't think of using incandescents. I may try that tonight just to see what happens.

#6069 5 years ago

Anyone done have a rough or blown out playfield that they might want to part with. Need one for template to drill and dimple a nos playfield. Thanks in advance for any help.

#6070 5 years ago
IMG_2246 (resized).JPGIMG_2246 (resized).JPGIMG_2247 (resized).JPGIMG_2247 (resized).JPG
#6071 5 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Thanks for the suggestion!

Interesting... didn't think of using incandescents. I may try that tonight just to see what happens.

Just be careful w too many incandescents if you go LEDOCD...can blow the fuse.

I haven't had any game where it doesn't cure the problem (incandescent to LED) unless driver board problems...have it in all my games that benefit.

Herg's got a huge thread on here..may want to run this one by him....

#6072 5 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

That topper is creeping me out for some reason. Looks cool but creepy as all hell.

#6073 5 years ago

I am looking for a few plastics for my BSD. If anyone is willing to sell individual pieces from the set, please PM me. I am trying to avoid buying a complete new set. Thanks.

#6074 5 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

I am looking for a few plastics for my BSD. If anyone is willing to sell individual pieces from the set, please PM me. I am trying to avoid buying a complete new set. Thanks.

Only problem is that you probably need the same pieces as everyone else, so you may be better off going for the whole set anyways.

#6075 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Only problem is that you probably need the same pieces as everyone else, so you may be better off going for the whole set anyways.

Yeah, I am getting to that point. Thanks.

#6076 5 years ago

Just wondering, before I start digging into my game:

I'm getting the ball caught under the coffin ramp if the shot isn't straight and fast. The ball search doesn't find it, so it's pretty annoying. Is this a known problem, and if so are there any tricks to fixing it, especially ones that don't involve removing everything on top of it?

Thanks!

#6077 5 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

I'm getting the ball caught under the coffin ramp if the shot isn't straight and fast. The ball search doesn't find it, so it's pretty annoying. Is this a known problem, and if so are there any tricks to fixing it, especially ones that don't involve removing everything on top of it?

Can you see what it’s getting caught on? That’s never happened on either BSD I’ve owned.

Run the coil test and check the solenoid on the ramp lift. With the ramp up, see if there is anything obstructing the path, or something isn’t sitting right.

#6078 5 years ago

Hey, get back in your game.

20190105_203148 (resized).jpg20190105_203148 (resized).jpg
#6079 5 years ago

Tore down and cleaned up today.

20190105_152847 (resized).jpg20190105_152847 (resized).jpg20190105_232946 (resized).jpg20190105_232946 (resized).jpg
#6080 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Can you see what it’s getting caught on? That’s never happened on either BSD I’ve owned.
Run the coil test and check the solenoid on the ramp lift. With the ramp up, see if there is anything obstructing the path, or something isn’t sitting right.

Yeah, it's getting caught on the bottom of the ramp. The coil test works fine, it seems as if the ramp just needs to go about a 16th or an 8th of an inch higher. I was hoping it was a well-worn path. I'll start taking stuff apart.

Thanks for the help!

#6081 5 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

Yeah, it's getting caught on the bottom of the ramp. The coil test works fine, it seems as if the ramp just needs to go about a 16th or an 8th of an inch higher. I was hoping it was a well-worn path. I'll start taking stuff apart.
Thanks for the help!

Did you recently replace the up/down portion of the ramp that is riveted to the arm that connects down to the solenoid?

I had this problem too. I riveted the ramp wrong onto the "arm". Make sure the ramp is on top of the metal arm, not under it. If you rivet this wrong the ball won't clear the ramp when the ramp is in the up position.

#6082 5 years ago

here is a pic of the arm I am talking about. I replaced the up/down ramp. When I replaced, I riveted the plastic piece wrong onto this arm and I was having the same issue where the ball would get stuck when the ramp was in up position.

My pic kinda sucks, but make sure the metal us UNDER the plastic ramp. If you (or someone) riveted the metal arm on top of the ramp, the ball will not clear it.

BSD Ramp Arm (resized).JPGBSD Ramp Arm (resized).JPG
#6083 5 years ago

Drac is back.

drac (resized).jpegdrac (resized).jpeg
#6084 5 years ago

We finally well almost finished this amazing Dracula game. Now we're adding a couple more mods and pinsound. This game is simply amazing. Total investment was high probably north of $3000 but now I think we have the perfect example of Dracula or what the game could be.

We powder coated the entire machine with blood red vane. Added the color screen, shopped the entire game. It has turned out amazing.

What do you think?

Personally I think Dracula will be the game that takes the next jump into the $6000 plus club! When you add the color screen, powder coat everything, add new cabinet decals, paint all the plastics, add target stickers, a few mods, cliffys, near perfect playfield, shop the entire game. I'm thinking you can get your money back because people who love this game will pay for it. I think more people should go all out with their Dracula. This game is stunning when you go the entire mile with it.

IMG_1914 (resized).jpgIMG_1914 (resized).jpgIMG_1915 (resized).jpgIMG_1915 (resized).jpgIMG_1916 (resized).jpgIMG_1916 (resized).jpgIMG_1917 (resized).jpgIMG_1917 (resized).jpgIMG_1918 (resized).jpgIMG_1918 (resized).jpgIMG_1919 (resized).jpgIMG_1919 (resized).jpg

#6085 5 years ago

What pinblades are you using? Can you post some better pics of them?

#6086 5 years ago

I'm actually using the pinblades designed for Monster Bash from Pingraffix. The reason is that the color is more in line with the game. You don't want dark colored pingrahics you want something bright. I'll tell you this Pingraffix should list this one under Dracula or even Frankenstein because it can go on many different games. I think when looking for the right set don't rely on the company selling them to tell you which ones, look around.

I even used on Batman 66 two different ones, so I bought two different sets so I could have one on the left and a different one on the right. I think the best thing you can add to ANY pinball games is Pin side artwork, powder coating and color screen. If you add nothing else those are the priorities in my book.

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/monster-bash-pinblades

#6087 5 years ago

looks siiiiick.

#6088 5 years ago

2 Castle locks
2 Coffin locks
Mist ready...

...and drain.

I love this evil game.

#6089 5 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

2 Castle locks
2 Coffin locks
Mist ready...
...and drain.
I love this evil game.

It makes me so so mad!! That’s why I’m trading mine on Saturday, I will miss it a bit, but it’s effecting my blood pressure!

#6090 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I'm actually using the pinblades designed for Monster Bash from Pingraffix. The reason is that the color is more in line with the game. You don't want dark colored pingrahics you want something bright. I'll tell you this Pingraffix should list this one under Dracula or even Frankenstein because it can go on many different games. I think when looking for the right set don't rely on the company selling them to tell you which ones, look around.
I even used on Batman 66 two different ones, so I bought two different sets so I could have one on the left and a different one on the right. I think the best thing you can add to ANY pinball games is Pin side artwork, powder coating and color screen. If you add nothing else those are the priorities in my book.
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/monster-bash-pinblades

I've been planning to get these side blades for my Dracula...

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/bram-stokers-dracula-pinball-sideblades/

But since we're on the subject here, I'm wondering if anyone has other side blade suggestions I haven't thought of?

#6091 5 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

But since we're on the subject here, I'm wondering if anyone has other side blade suggestions I haven't thought of?

I have pdi black chrome on my game. One thing to remember for any choice is that you won't see a lot of the blade due to blockage from the castles and other bsd items up against side of the playfield.

#6092 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

here is a pic of the arm I am talking about. I replaced the up/down ramp. When I replaced, I riveted the plastic piece wrong onto this arm and I was having the same issue where the ball would get stuck when the ramp was in up position.
My pic kinda sucks, but make sure the metal us UNDER the plastic ramp. If you (or someone) riveted the metal arm on top of the ramp, the ball will not clear it. [quoted image]

Cool, thanks! I'm away from home for a couple of days, but I will definitely check on that when I return. I haven't done anything with the ramp, but I haven't had the game that long. Someone may well have worked on it.

#6093 5 years ago

I didn't attend but this was at the Flip out 2018 show. Anyone have any info on this one? I've been looking for something different for the translite.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png
#6094 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I didn't attend but this was at the Flip out 2018 show. Anyone have any info on this one? I've been looking for something different for the translite.
[quoted image]

Pretty sweet

#6096 5 years ago

Agreed!

#6097 5 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

That does look good!

The red armor or the translite?

I’d be interested in grabbing one of those translites if someone can figure out where it came from.

#6098 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

The red armor or the translite?
I’d be interested in grabbing one of those translites if someone can figure out where it came from.

+ 1 on the translite. I have never seen that BSD alternate translite, but I am guessing that several of us BSD owners would purchase one if available.

Gord

#6099 5 years ago

Hello guys! Strange issue on my BSD, when i have one or more ball locked in castle lock the pin doesn't put another ball in the shooter lane. It stays in skill shoot mode but you have no ball to launch..after a while it goes in ball search but still no ball it's prepared in the shooter lane..anyone has experienced the same issue? I know for sure that the 3 castle optos are working, also because the "ball 1/2 locked" is collected!

#6100 5 years ago

Did you check all of the switches in the trough?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/122?hl=drfrightner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.