IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg
20240314_090424 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240310_205042362 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 223.
#6001 5 years ago

How long you guys figure to do a playfield swap? Never done one before but i do my own work and am mech inclined.

#6002 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

How long you guys figure to do a playfield swap? Never done one before but i do my own work and am mech inclined.

If you've never done one, figure twice as long as anyone tells you. Time also depends on if you're just doing a swap or cleaning and rebuilding everything.

I will say, BSD is complicated and time consuming. It might be the heaviest playfield I've ever dealt with and there's a LOT of shit on it...topside and bottom side. Maybe not the first one you'd want to do, but I guess you have to start somewhere.

#6003 5 years ago

This is the only game I have no desire to add a colorDMD. Red is perfect for the mood.

#6004 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

This is the only game I have no desire to add a colorDMD. Red is perfect for the mood.

I’ve long shared that opinion...but I too think I might be wearing down on that decision. Still going strong fighting the urge and keeping the red....for now.

#6005 5 years ago

For the playfield swap - make sure you keep track of which standoff goes where, especially on the ramp for the coffin. If my memory is correct, there's only an eighth of an inch difference in a few of them, but if you use the wrong one in the wrong spot, you will never get the ramp to sit correctly.

#6006 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Still going strong fighting the urge and keeping the red....for now.

As long as it's on your trim you'll be ok!

#6007 5 years ago

Joining club again on Sunday I believe. Not sure how long I'll be a member as I've owned the game before. The example I am getting is very nice with an SP playfield. Look forward to banging on it for a bit.

#6008 5 years ago

For the ColorDMD, I really do want one, as I feel it is an amazing upgrade for almost any game out there.

I might receive flack for this, and without being ungrateful for the love given to this title in terms of upgrades like colorDMD, I'm struggling to like some of the color choices they made for the text in the animations. I wish you can make some high level adjustments to those things at home.

I don't love the purple text used on the main score screen where it says 'ball 1' or 'love is forever', then they use a bright yellow for text used during rats, and then red for the skill shot screen and the video mode. It all just seems to be mismatched and not cohesive.

For the lightning, I wish it was a cool white and not yellow. My game has cool white flashers to go off during the lightning sequences and it doesn't mesh well with yellow. Lightning in real life usually comes off as bright white.

Maybe these things aren't as bad in person than it appears on the youtube videos, but I just think the cohesiveness of the text coloring among other things should be adjusted.

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 1.22.19 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-12-13 at 1.22.19 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-12-13 at 1.23.43 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-12-13 at 1.23.43 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-12-13 at 1.22.39 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-12-13 at 1.22.39 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-12-13 at 1.27.14 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-12-13 at 1.27.14 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-12-13 at 1.24.18 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-12-13 at 1.24.18 PM (resized).png

#6009 5 years ago

LCD is the way to go !

#6010 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

LCD is the way to go !

Good to know. I'm usually an LED guy when it comes to the colorDMD's, but if the LCD gives you more flexibility to alter these things, or they show better color wise, I might be more interested now.

#6011 5 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

might receive flack for this, and without being ungrateful for the love given to this title in terms of upgrades like colorDMD, I'm struggling to like some of the color choices they made for the text in the animations. I wish you can make some high level adjustments to those things at home.

I don't really like the way that one blue pixel is darker than the pixel in the opposite corner on the 4th pic. Should definitely be lighter.

#6012 5 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

As long as it's on your trim you'll be ok!

What was I thinking? I'll definitely have to keep the DMD red to color match the armor, especially with Dave playing this thing and his keen eye for mismatched colors.

#6013 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

What was I thinking? I'll definitely have to keep the DMD red to color match the armor, especially with Dave playing this thing and his keen eye for mismatched colors.

What can I say, details details details... And you and I are good friends, so you know I'm a picky SOB. I'm okay with that.

And when I said I'd receive flack for the opinion, you came to mind. Hahahaha.

#6014 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

If you've never done one, figure twice as long as anyone tells you. Time also depends on if you're just doing a swap or cleaning and rebuilding everything.
I will say, BSD is complicated and time consuming. It might be the heaviest playfield I've ever dealt with and there's a LOT of shit on it...topside and bottom side. Maybe not the first one you'd want to do, but I guess you have to start somewhere.

I have a playfield to swap out with, mine has a lot of insert wear. The other option is to swap inserts and retouch the edges. Trying to decide what I want to do. Is it possible to do it in a weekend? I may run the parts through an ultrasonic cleaner but other than that wasn’t planning on doing a full refurb.

#6015 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

I have a playfield to swap out with, mine has a lot of insert wear. The other option is to swap inserts and retouch the edges. Trying to decide what I want to do. Is it possible to do it in a weekend? I may run the parts through an ultrasonic cleaner but other than that wasn’t planning on doing a full refurb.

I wouldn't risk swapping inserts as I'm sure it'll be a pain and could cause damage. Besides, you've got a decent replacement playfield to make the swap

#6016 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I wouldn't risk swapping inserts as I'm sure it'll be a pain and could cause damage. Besides, you've got a decent replacement playfield to make the swap

^^^ +1 on that

#6017 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Yes I do, thanks to you!

#6018 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Trying to decide what I want to do. Is it possible to do it in a weekend?

Well, I've seen some here claim they can do it. I don't think there's any way in hell you could do it, even without cleaning anything.

#6019 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Well, I've seen some here claim they can do it. I don't think there's any way in hell you could do it, even without cleaning anything.

You may want to heed this advice as Bryan_Kelly has completed 4-5 BSD restorations (including mine which turned out awesome) so he does know what he is talking about.

Gord

#6020 5 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:
You may want to heed this advice as bryan_kelly has completed 4-5 BSD restorations (including mine which turned out awesome) so he does know what he is talking about.
Gord

I actually remember Bryan posting some stuff on his BSD. NOS playfield and all. If I remember correctly he scored a NOS totally put together playfield that looked amazing. That game is nuts!

#6021 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

LCD is the way to go !

Big time....HIRES looks awesome on this game!!!, just my opinion of course.....

#6022 5 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

You may want to heed this advice as bryan_kelly has completed 4-5 BSD restorations (including mine which turned out awesome) so he does know what he is talking about.
Gord

Thanks Gord. If I'm doing a playfield swap, I'm gong all out. Why not. I'll never have everything off that playfield again. Everything is getting cleaned and rebuilt, including all of the harnesses. Total time will be 50 to 60 hours. Like I said, though, BSD is more complicated than most games.

Now that I think about it, I just finished swapping the 3 playfields in a Haunted House for a friend. Total time about 65 hours.

#6023 5 years ago

The Pinsound board is a Cool Upgrade , but If it's Missing the smallest of soundZ ,, It's Not 4 me .. Vid- I shot a few years ago .. I bought this BSD Oct 28th of 09 , and it's Still in the Game RoOm Garage playing .

#6024 5 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

The Pinsound board is a Cool Upgrade , but If it's Missing the smallest of soundZ ,, It's Not 4 me .. Vid- I shot a few years ago .. I bought this BSD Oct 28th of 09 , and it's Still in the Game RoOm Garage playing .

That’s what I like about Pinsound, the ability to toggle the volume down and switch it right back to original sound if you feel like it. I do it all the time, even sometimes in the middle of a game.

And good video. You made it look easy. I noticed the game didn’t give you a swift kick in the nuts that it usually hands out.

#6025 5 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Good to see you back on here, BR!

#6026 5 years ago

Years ago my ex wife scored 3billion on this machine. I never cleared it cause i wanted to beat it. Well last weekend my machine started acting weird so i started looking in to the issue and some how it all went back to factory settings. Ole well lol. I got a chance to tell her and she said i need to get it fixed and manuelly put her score back in.

#6027 5 years ago
Quoted from johnny77:

Years ago my ex wife scored 3billion on this machine. I never cleared it cause i wanted to beat it.

So you couldn’t beat it? Please tell me you cited that as irreconcilable differences in your filing papers.

#6030 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

I am doing AFM right now, and in Bryan's own words - it's one of the easiest ones to do.

It has taken me about one full weekend of effort to get the PF down to almost complete bare minimum to be lifted out of the cabinet.

If you can do a complete teardown and rebuild on BSD all by yourself with no one else's help and have the game fully up and running with zero errors in a 48 hours period, you should quit your day job and start taking requests.....

#6031 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I am doing AFM right now, and in Bryan's own words - it's one of the easiest ones to do.
It has taken me about one full weekend of effort to get the PF down to almost complete bare minimum to be lifted out of the cabinet.
If you can do a complete teardown and rebuild on BSD all by yourself with no one else's help and have the game fully up and running with zero errors in a 48 hours period, you should quit your day job and start taking requests.....

It’s difficult but not impossible. I used to do head gaskets on 90’s 4 cyl fords in 3 hrs flat. Tear down, repair, reinstall. As long as no machining required. So I think I can handle it. I definately wish I had a helper tho that has done it before. I have done a top side teardown already, it’s the underside I’m worried about. Where I get in trouble is if I don’t do it in one long pull, if I leave the project for a day or two and come back then things get fuzzy. That’s where the trusty cell phone pics come in.

#6032 5 years ago

Hi guys! does anyone have the lighted speaker panel from pinball mods? I recently bought the ultimate panel for my bsd.
the instructions for the universal backbox connector is a little confusing. it lists items but I didn't get an itemized list of parts.
also the round connector on the black wire is way too small for the screw to the left of j117.i tried to contact them two days ago
and haven't heard back yet, this looks like a sweet addition to my bsd and I could use some advise. thanks in advance.

1 week later
#6033 5 years ago

Just finished installing the lighted speaker mod from lighted pinball mods. I have to say this looks so cool. everyone who has seen this addition thinks it is awesome. a couple of hiccups installing it. turns out it was user error. as i'm a little nervous installing electrical items. but after speaking with Dan from lighted pinball mods it went very well. Very cool! , couldn't be happier.

#6034 5 years ago
Quoted from TDEX:

Just finished installing the lighted speaker mod from lighted pinball mods. I have to say this looks so cool. everyone who has seen this addition thinks it is awesome. a couple of hiccups installing it.

It’s not overbearing? I saw one at Pinfest last year, and was on the fence to buy one. Pics?

#6035 5 years ago

Special thanks to @robotron, this one is now installed on my game. Thank you for your service, Ron Jeremy.

2018-12-17 19.27.40 (resized).jpg2018-12-17 19.27.40 (resized).jpg
#6036 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Hi. I haven't done bsd yet but the last dozen or so I run around 80 hours. But I polish and rebuild everything etc.

#6037 5 years ago

We're still working on Dracula but here are some images of the painted plastics toys installed. We also powder coated all the rails, installed new ramps, powder coated the entire machine, new color screen, added some mods. Once its done we'll post some pics. The boards got replaced, and adding pinsound.

Can't wait until its done!

IMG_1841 (resized).jpgIMG_1841 (resized).jpgIMG_1842 (resized).jpgIMG_1842 (resized).jpgIMG_1844 (resized).jpgIMG_1844 (resized).jpgIMG_1845 (resized).jpgIMG_1845 (resized).jpgIMG_1846 (resized).jpgIMG_1846 (resized).jpg
#6038 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

It’s not overbearing? I saw one at Pinfest last year, and was on the fence to buy one. Pics?

not overbearing at all. I've got the back panel to slowly fade colors and the speaker panel a little faster. you can set to blink faster or stay stationary on any color you like. no regrets. NOW if I could only get my hands on that sweet todd McFarlane
Dracula coffin mod. been jonesin for that one since I saw it

IMG_1572 (resized).JPGIMG_1572 (resized).JPGIMG_1573 (resized).JPGIMG_1573 (resized).JPGIMG_1574 (resized).JPGIMG_1574 (resized).JPG
#6039 5 years ago

Has anyone ever had issues with the ball lunging around when hitting the castle shot, should come down into the lock but at it's speed it can jump over and onto the playfield. Any known solutions?

#6040 5 years ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

Has anyone ever had issues with the ball lunging around when hitting the castle shot, should come down into the lock but at it's speed it can jump over and onto the playfield. Any known solutions?

This happens to me occasionally - especially after cleaning the machine. I've wondered if anyone has modded a guardrail for that, but it happens so rarely on my BSD that it's really not worth the time to bother with.

#6041 5 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

This happens to me occasionally - especially after cleaning the machine. I've wondered if anyone has modded a guardrail for that, but it happens so rarely on my BSD that it's really not worth the time to bother with.

This happens fairly regularly on mine. I have the wrong switch for the castle lock so think that may be a contributor

#6042 5 years ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

This is my solution. I bought a mid to high density foam cut it to a “J” shape then stick it in front of the diverter. The trick is the end is slightly thicker than the front. This foam can slow down the ball speed and absorbed some of the impact. I tried a few time before I satisfied the results. You can see the pictures for more info. I know it is not look nice but people can’t really see it because it is hidden behind the coffin. In general, once I got it right the jumping issue never happened to my machine again.
15F0B4AC-C4EA-4BCB-882B-FD6F41F817A0 (resized).jpeg15F0B4AC-C4EA-4BCB-882B-FD6F41F817A0 (resized).jpeg

#6043 5 years ago

Thanks Pinrookie - will give it a go if I can find some high density foam tape in the house...

#6044 5 years ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

will give it a go if I can find some high density foam tape in the house...

Who doesn’t have high density foam tape handy? (Me, for one)

#6045 5 years ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

I also had the same issue so I used some extra washers stacked to raise the wireworm to slow the ball down as it comes off the ramp and diverter.

#6046 5 years ago
Quoted from TDEX:

not overbearing at all. I've got the back panel to slowly fade colors and the speaker panel a little faster. you can set to blink faster or stay stationary on any color you like.

Looks good. A bit of glare on the PF glass. Would be cool if the illumination went all the way around under the DMD window where the Love Never Dies panel is.

I have a Bent Plastic on mine. I wonder if that would be enough (adequate size) to take down the glare of the speaker panel on the PF glass?

#6047 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I also had the same issue so I used some extra washers stacked to raise the wireworm to slow the ball down as it comes off the ramp and diverter.

Sorry - being a bit silly here, I have washers for days and I too have no HD foam handy. Where did you stack these, lock end?

#6048 5 years ago

I have just finished to shop my BSD and I have noticed some weird behaviour of mist multiball right diverted (the one in the shooter lane). Sometimes the game raises and lower the bridge during play even if there is a ball ready for the multiball, it doesn't launch another ball but only raise and lower the bridge, is that something that happens normally?

#6049 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Looks good. A bit of glare on the PF glass. Would be cool if the illumination went all the way around under the DMD window where the Love Never Dies panel is.
I have a Bent Plastic on mine. I wonder if that would be enough (adequate size) to take down the glare of the speaker panel on the PF glass?

To be honest I hadn't noticed the glare while playing. I see what your talking about on the still pics. and I agree about the love never dies panel.

#6050 5 years ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

Sorry - being a bit silly here, I have washers for days and I too have no HD foam handy. Where did you stack these, lock end?

Took a quick pic with the glass on.....

F8EF4B04-D936-4681-99D8-1951D5494AA1 (resized).jpegF8EF4B04-D936-4681-99D8-1951D5494AA1 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/121?hl=drfrightner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.