IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 224.
#5851 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

So no sounds off pop and sling shot hits?? That’s def something missing BUT the orchestral music is badass...puts you in the BSD mood.

The pop bumper and slingshot sounds are there. The pop bumpers have orchestral drums tuned to the music instead of the synth sounds. I made some files with the classic pop bumper sounds in stereo for someone, I will share if needed

#5852 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Installation takes a whole 5 minutes once you have the software downloaded to the flash. Definitely recommend PinSound for BSD. Awesome upgrade.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Although I would like to get the pop bump sounds back or reincorporated. Can I change that in the settings?

Have you wired it in stereo? It is a MUST.

#5853 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

The pop bumper and slingshot sounds are there, but with the glass of it's a bit hard to hear. The pop bumpers have orchestral drums tuned to the music instead of the synth sounds. I made some files with the classic pop bumper sounds in stereo for someone, I will share if needed

I'd be in for one if the classic pop bumper sounds are there!

#5854 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I'd be in for one if the classic pop bumper sounds are there!

Yes, those classic pop bumper sounds are kind of what BSD was about. BUT, they are out of tune with the soundtrack, and kind of old school compared to the new sound design.

#5855 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

Yes, those classic pop bumper sounds are kind of what BSD was about. BUT, they are out of tune with the soundtrack, and kind of old school compared to the new sound design.

I love the old school sound of these though. Anyway to get them in sync ?

#5856 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

That would be nice

#5857 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

That would be nice

Quoted from mollyspub:

Not in sync, out of tune, like out of pitch. I'm a musician, so that counts a lot

Of course they could be tuned, but I like the orchestral drums better...

But hey, just ask and I will send the classic sounds to you

#5858 5 years ago

That is one fantastic looking BSD Colsond3!!!

#5859 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

The pop bumper and slingshot sounds are there. The pop bumpers have orchestral drums tuned to the music instead of the synth sounds. I made some files with the classic pop bumper sounds in stereo for someone, I will share if needed

Yeah, they are there, just not as prominent as some of the other sounds.

How would I implement the classic pop sound files into the new software? Through the PinSound studio? And I remember reading that there's simple way to switch back to the classic sounds if I wanted to enjoy that again for a few days eventually. How's that done? (at work, and don't have the instructions in front of me)

#5860 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

Except for...............

#5861 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

Thanks man!!!! After taking it to the York show and letting people pound the hell out of it, it needs some adjustments and slight repairs, and now could use a shop job this winter. I'm going to juice it up another notch with a few of Medisinyl's mods.

#5862 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

Have you wired it in stereo? It is a MUST.

Hazzard, after looking at the photos you sent me on the stereo hookup, I still can't figure out how to get my connectors done. Your connectors look different than mine and Colsond3. Mine is set up exactly like his. Any suggestions. Did you modify your connectors. How much of a difference does it make. Thanks again.

#5863 5 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

There he is!!!!! I told Dave to go with black so he could be just like you...but he secretly tells me he likes the red.

#5864 5 years ago

A little love from the York show thread...

0541AD41-D9E8-4826-B660-3243376B11D3 (resized).png0541AD41-D9E8-4826-B660-3243376B11D3 (resized).png
#5865 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

Not in sync, out of tune, like out of pitch. I'm a musician, so that counts a lot
Of course they could be tuned, but I like the orchestral drums better...
But hey, just ask and I will send the classic sounds to you

That would be great! How good is pinsound with the factory speakers or should I plan on upgrading those as well?

#5866 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

That would be great! How good is pinsound with the factory speakers or should I plan on upgrading those as well?

Definitely upgrade. PinSound board is loud as hell. If I turn it up more than a quarter way on the board, and higher than 10 or 11 on the DMD, I feel like my speakers are going to explode out of the game. It was on 9 in my YouTube vid.

#5867 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Definitely upgrade. PinSound board is loud as hell. If I turn it up more than a quarter way on the board, and higher than 10 or 11 on the DMD, I feel like my speakers are going to explode out of the game. It was on 9 in my YouTube vid.

Yes my has all and I can´t get the sound lower than 8, interesting why.
Now with the big speakers from pinball fidelity and pinsound board its veeeeeryyyy loud The glass schakes with the big base

Yes you can lower db with the pinsound but perfect mix is difficult

#5868 5 years ago
Quoted from Mister_Swede:

Yes my has all and I can´t get the sound lower than 8, interesting why.

There's a sound override setting in the adjustments.

#5869 5 years ago

Quoted from Colsond3:

but he secretly tells me he likes the red.

I told you. Updated to 2.0 on PSound and brawling it out with @davebart5.

F8CD56B5-6D9B-40EF-B222-60B022CE799F (resized).jpegF8CD56B5-6D9B-40EF-B222-60B022CE799F (resized).jpeg

#5870 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I told you. Updated to 2.0 on PSound and brawling it out with davebart5.

Very nice! If you're hooking up the PSound in stereo let me know the results of the wiring. BTW-MSF was my first pin ever purchased. Miss that game....

#5871 5 years ago

Very nice! If you're hooking up the PSound in stereo let me know the results of the wiring. BTW-MSF was my first pin ever purchased. Miss that game....

I will. Should be upgrading it next week. Traded my MSF a few weeks ago. Hopefully I can get it back. Really nice example.

1 week later
#5872 5 years ago

Progress on my HSA playfield!

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png
#5873 5 years ago

drooling over here...

#5874 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

drooling over here...

Definitely. That thing looks sweet & shiny. Love the glare/reflection from the overhead light.

#5875 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Wow! Looks gorgeous!

#5876 5 years ago

Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus saying a PinSound board with the Hazzard mix and an external sub is a massive upgrade. I have an audio bias anyway but my expectations were exceeded. After years with the game, calling it "transformative" feels insufficient.

Someone said the PinSound board was the best thing they'd bought for BSD, and I couldn't agree more--and I've bought a LOT of stuff for this game. A second board for my STTNG arrives this week.

There's no reason to be on the fence--you can always revert to the original sounds for competition or other reasons.

#5877 5 years ago

I agree with the above sentiment ^^^^

Hazzard’s mix is amazing to say the least. And for the originalists out there, I easily switch from new mix to old sounds by simply setting the volume to 0 and it changes between the two on the spot.

I’m a new owner and the second I brought my game home I tore into a million pieces for a deep cleaning. It’s now back together and firing on all cylinders. This title is amazing and I’m one happy vamp hunter.

Quick question, I have two bulbs (2mil insert, coffin lock insert) that are constantly flickering in attract mode and mid-game, and not blinking on/off like the rest of the lights. I notice they overheat the LEDs used there since they’re basically on all the time.

Anyone have advice on how to fix this? I’ve reflowed the contact points on the 555 wedge light boards under the PF and they’re bright and like new. But these two bulbs are just standard 555 sockets not like the other twist-on sockets with the mini light boards. I had a flex bulb there and had to switch to a standard dome bulb as the glue inside the flex bulb base was melting.

Thanks!

66AC044D-9E4F-48E7-BAD5-BA854CCDA2F1 (resized).jpeg66AC044D-9E4F-48E7-BAD5-BA854CCDA2F1 (resized).jpeg8DAE32E7-48C3-405B-A1D0-6F4E1672BAE7 (resized).png8DAE32E7-48C3-405B-A1D0-6F4E1672BAE7 (resized).png

#5878 5 years ago

Thats led ghosting I expect, there is a rom patch that fixes it Im sure mine had. Or get a LED OCD board

#5879 5 years ago
Quoted from RudeDogg1:

Thats led ghosting I expect, there is a rom patch that fixes it Im sure mine had. Or get a LED OCD board

Thanks, that appears to be the case. I probably should've thought of that, but it was so severe I didn't know if it was a deeper issue. Looks like I may spring for an LED OCD at some point.

#5880 5 years ago

Loving my new BSD and my lady loves it too. Jackpot!

Has anyone upgraded their speakers lately and didn't go the FF route? I'm thinking right now a pair of after-market speakers are the next best step to use with Hazzards awesome Pinsound mix.

Pinsider Flynnsbit laid out a bunch of resource links about a year ago and within that were some after-market speakers that were recommended. Those are linked below.

Can anyone recommend a set of after market speakers they had good success with in BSD? These Pyle and Pyramid sets mentioned earlier seem like a good price and cheap shipping.

Do I need the 5 1/4" for the left speaker, and something smaller like 3 1/2" for the right speaker since the originals are two different sizes? And I take it an 8" or 10" speaker for the bottom cabinet will suffice too? The link earlier for the bottom speaker was a 6 1/2" woofer.

https://www.parts-express.com/pyle-pl53bl-blue-label-5-1-4-triaxial-speaker-pair--267-080

https://www.parts-express.com/pyramid-w64-6-1-2-pro-plus-midbass-woofer--290-025

#5881 5 years ago

Just got mine in the mail yesterday, looks great, can't wait to install it!

#5882 5 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Just got mine in the mail yesterday, looks great, can't wait to install it!

Excellent news Thank you. If you do happen to post any pics once your project is complete, I'll be looking forward to them

#5883 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

[quoted image]

Nice. Is that a clear coated NOS playfield or an used restored one? It looks perfect.

#5884 5 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Nice. Is that a clear coated NOS playfield or an used restored one? It looks perfect.

Thank you ! It's a restored playfield by HSA that I got off of eBay.

#5885 5 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Let me revise this...it's a used playfield that I got off of eBay that I sent to HSA to restore

#5886 5 years ago

While addressing some cold solder on the castle optos, I finally decided I couldn't look at the factory village/castle coloring anymore.

I'll post some pics when they're installed (hopefully later today).
20181105_132436 (resized).jpg20181105_132436 (resized).jpg

#5887 5 years ago

Joe...leg bolts and coin door carriages match now.

And proto plastics installed. The left one really pushes up against the wireform. Is it like that for everybody else that has these? I thought I read somewhere in the thread that someone else said the left one was tight.

8446E3F8-4E1B-45A9-B4E3-A94F442CFF63 (resized).jpeg8446E3F8-4E1B-45A9-B4E3-A94F442CFF63 (resized).jpegFC776D6E-27F8-4EC6-8E44-5DD331C91D3E (resized).jpegFC776D6E-27F8-4EC6-8E44-5DD331C91D3E (resized).jpeg442D8C8F-884B-4625-81A1-F64C62BBAFB6 (resized).jpeg442D8C8F-884B-4625-81A1-F64C62BBAFB6 (resized).jpeg

#5888 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Joe...leg bolts and coin door carriages match now.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You get an upvote, but I'm with Joe on the trim

#5889 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

You get an upvote, but I'm with Joe on the trim

No Medi!! Don’t join that club!! Haha. Game will look better once I have some of your mods in there.

#5890 5 years ago

yeah, my left one was tight.

#5891 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

No Medi!! Don’t join that club!! Haha. Game will look better once I have some of your mods in there.

May just go with black legs one day to spruce it up And heck, I need to get around to putting production versions of my mods in my own game, haha (now they look particularly dull next to the painted village/castle, but the production paint-job would match). Guess the graveyard also stands out as being dull now (may hide a light behind the LED castle [pointed at the graveyard] when I pull everything to re-paint).

And again, no rush at all on those mods--I'll be keeping myself busy one way or another

Eventually I want to add some green under-cab lighting to activate with the mist (I currently have strips behind the back-box that tie in with the rear lightning/Dracula flashers--really enhances the lightning effect).

Here's several installed pics. Hopefully they add to the pool of inspiration for those that also decide to tackle these themselves. One option I believe I only saw one other time in the thread, is painting that strip at the bottom of the village in stone color, as that's what's present in the sculpt (ties the stone portion in a bit better IMO). Though admittedly, with that wire-form in the way, you'd have to be looking for that detail anyway

Note: For those with a keen eye, yes, I'm aware I need to fix that broken/loose rubber near the mist ball gate
20181105_220340 (resized).jpg20181105_220340 (resized).jpg20181105_220441 (resized).jpg20181105_220441 (resized).jpg20181105_220502 (resized).jpg20181105_220502 (resized).jpg20181105_223216 (resized).jpg20181105_223216 (resized).jpg20181105_223341 (resized).jpg20181105_223341 (resized).jpg20181105_223421 (resized).jpg20181105_223421 (resized).jpg20181105_223453 (resized).jpg20181105_223453 (resized).jpg

#5892 5 years ago

Does anyone know where I could purchase a mist Poto board A-15646 in the states?

#5893 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

May just go with black legs one day to spruce it up And heck, I need to get around to putting production versions of my mods in my own game, haha (now they look particularly dull next to the painted village/castle, but the production paint-job would match). Guess the graveyard also stands out as being dull now (may hide a light behind the LED castle [pointed at the graveyard] when I pull everything to re-paint).
And again, no rush at all on those mods--I'll be keeping myself busy one way or another
Eventually I want to add some green under-cab lighting to activate with the mist (I currently have strips behind the back-box that tie in with the rear lightning/Dracula flashers--really enhances the lightning effect).
Here's several installed pics. Hopefully they add to the pool of inspiration for those that also decide to tackle these themselves. One option I believe I only saw one other time in the thread, is painting that strip at the bottom of the village in stone color, as that's what's present in the sculpt (ties the stone portion in a bit better IMO). Though admittedly, with that wire-form in the way, you'd have to be looking for that detail anyway
Note: For those with a keen eye, yes, I'm aware I need to fix that broken/loose rubber near the mist ball gate
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WHO MADE THIS veryyyyyyyyyyyyy nice

#5894 5 years ago
Quoted from Mister_Swede:

WHO MADE THIS veryyyyyyyyyyyyy nice

Thank you! Presuming you mean the paint on the factory village/castle, I painted them myself.

Otherwise, I believe you're already familiar with my mods (the coffin set/torches are more recent additions to my BSD mods).

#5895 5 years ago

Does anyone know where to buy new inserts 'Castle Jackpot' or a new ramp set?

#5896 5 years ago

Anybody know where switch 85 is? Getting an error, says left ramp diverted but diverter is working properly, at least it seems.

#5897 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

or a new ramp set?

PjM had made new ramp sets before...posted earlier in the thread and there is another separate thread. Reach out to him. Not sure if he has any left.

#5898 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Anybody know where switch 85 is? Getting an error, says left ramp diverted but diverter is working properly, at least it seems.

Weird...I don’t see 85 on the actual schem in the manual either. It’s listed as what you said underneath.

0F409E0A-20BF-41D9-8F22-E38AF6BBD2D9 (resized).jpeg0F409E0A-20BF-41D9-8F22-E38AF6BBD2D9 (resized).jpeg
#5899 5 years ago

the diverter might be working but is the switch on the diverter mech? Also as its a williams if thjat switch hasnt been activated in a while it will think its faulty

#5900 5 years ago

Left Ramp Diverted - that's probably the switch on the wireform leading to the castle lock. Right next to the tombstone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 84.99
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 224.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/118?hl=zennmaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.