IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 224.
#5801 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Look through the picture gallery on this thread. You'll find several in there.

Back on page 32, I found the best explanation for how this plastic is able to fix rejects on the right ramp.

#5802 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

PM me your email address and I'll send you a shop out guide that may help.

Oh, can I PM you for it too? I just picked one up last month.

#5803 5 years ago

thank you so much

#5804 5 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Oh, can I PM you for it too? I just picked one up last month.

Of course

#5805 5 years ago

I will jump on that too if possible aobrien5 I will PM you my email address - for those who were wondering how the junk playfield I got on the project one I picked up came along... not terrible but not A1 (it was never going to be) - but it'll play now

IMG_6882 (resized).jpgIMG_6882 (resized).jpgIMG_6883 (resized).jpgIMG_6883 (resized).jpgIMG_7185 (resized).jpgIMG_7185 (resized).jpgIMG_7190 (resized).jpgIMG_7190 (resized).jpgIMG_7226 (resized).jpgIMG_7226 (resized).jpg
#5806 5 years ago

does anyone know where I can get a diverter.when shopping my bsd i have completely lost it and it is the only piece im missing

#5807 5 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I'll answer my own question in case anyone else in the future is looking for the same spring, it's a 10-120 armature extension spring.

I wouldnt even bother its to small you have to over stretch it to get it to work. I ended up replacing mine with a length of solid copper wire

#5808 5 years ago

alright guys ever since i finished my shop job my dracula isn't loading the mist ball like it should and sometimes when I run the test it says magnet unload error and it will work if of it loads it but the left gate isn't opening like it should during mistball and the ball will fall down the middle.please any suggestions greatly appreciated

#5809 5 years ago

Because i am waiting for the mold of Dracula head for my topper i made this
The eyes are drilled out and connected to when Dracula talks and in sync with the eyes i have on Dracula inside coffin
I put a cape on him looks more scary
I am little pis.......of...... that the mold is not ready but i cross my fingers the last picture is the original head in plaster so its to heavy, the new mold is in ricin and has no weight. And its full size and has tongues
new topper (resized).jpgnew topper (resized).jpgnew topper2 (resized).jpgnew topper2 (resized).jpgnew topper3 (resized).jpgnew topper3 (resized).jpg

#5810 5 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

alright guys ever since i finished my shop job my dracula isn't loading the mist ball like it should and sometimes when I run the test it says magnet unload error and it will work if of it loads it but the left gate isn't opening like it should during mistball and the ball will fall down the middle.please any suggestions greatly appreciated

did you replace incandescents with LED's? if not, probably just an opto alignment issue, or maybe one side is disconnected/loose.

#5811 5 years ago

I replaced all with leds and I ran the solenoid test and castle release coil and left gate coil isn't working but all the others are

#5812 5 years ago

is this a flipptronic board issue bc I read in manual that both connect on j907 on flipptronics board

#5813 5 years ago

Looking to get back in the club! Prefer a cash deal in Texas but also willing to ship. Thinking I could also trade my modded HUO Metallica PRO, low plays, single owner for a nice BSD plus cash depending on condition. Let me know what you have!

#5814 5 years ago

Interactive undercab lighting added at York show, and UV light above graveyard. Just need some UV paint now.

And Pinsound acquired.

A2BCBA09-A32B-43FD-87C3-69FEC4F5F079 (resized).jpegA2BCBA09-A32B-43FD-87C3-69FEC4F5F079 (resized).jpeg
6FC5A700-8D08-47EB-A281-1CAB3B79B2A8 (resized).jpeg6FC5A700-8D08-47EB-A281-1CAB3B79B2A8 (resized).jpeg

#5815 5 years ago
Quoted from Mister_Swede:

Do you power drill the old rivets out? any pictures?

Sorry no pics of it in progress but they were drilled out and I literally had to borrow an old school rivet press from makerspace to do it right.

#5816 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Sorry no pics of it in progress but they were drilled out and I literally had to borrow an old school rivet press from makerspace to do it right.

Same here. If I recall correctly, I used a c-clamp that had a special end that was made for pressing rivets in. Been 1.5 years, so memory is a lil sketchy now. Weirpinball would be able to address this if you have questions. He had the tool I used.

#5817 5 years ago

Where can I find the blued steel ramp guides? mine are giving too much these days and have formed a little divet.

#5818 5 years ago

I replaced all with leds and I ran the solenoid test and castle release coil and left gate coil isn't working but all the others are
is this a flipptronic board issue bc I read in manual that both connect on j907 on flipptronics board

does anyone know where I can get a diverter.when shopping my bsd i have completely lost it and it is the only piece im missing
Colsond3 NPO @chesirefilms aobrien5

#5820 5 years ago

The diverter behind the coffin for the long ramp / castle lock wireform? How did you lose that? I’m not sure, check Marco or PBR.

#5821 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

The diverter behind the coffin for the long ramp / castle lock wireform? How did you lose that? I’m not sure, check Marco or PBR.

yeah and i have looked everywhere. hopefully i can find one and fix these 2 coils easily

#5822 5 years ago

Never seen a diverter for sale. Look harder!

Why do you say the coils aren't working? Did you test them in coil test? LEDs can interfere with those optos, causing weird things in the magnet test. If the coils work in coil test, pull the LEDs near those locations and see if it clears things up.

#5823 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I Have no idea how i lost it but with a lil one in the house who knows lol

#5824 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Why do you say the coils aren't working? Did you test them in coil test? LEDs can interfere with those optos, causing weird things in the magnet test. If the coils work in coil test, pull the LEDs near those locations and see if it clears things up.

yeah the 2 coils dont work in test mode

#5825 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

yeah figures just my luck I lose a irreplaceable part

#5826 5 years ago

the game plays awesome still just won't load mist and it always wants 2 balls at all times bc of it.but i absolutely adore this game. and can't wait to get it 100%. figured this is the best place for advice on this baby

#5827 5 years ago

yeah figures just my luck I lose a irreplaceable part

Post a new thread seeing if someone has one. Check pinball spare parts Australia and open your wallet for shipping if they have one.

Sorry, not sure what to tell you about the coils. Check the transistors that drive them and check the connectors on the board you mentioned.

#5828 5 years ago

thanks for bringing your BSD to the show, brah. reminded me why i need another one, for sure.

#5829 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

thanks for bringing your BSD to the show, brah. reminded me why i need another one, for sure.

No prob. Glad I did. If I didn’t bring mine the show would’ve been BSD-less. And you played with the regular blood flips...haha

#5830 5 years ago

I am in this club now. All I can say is this game is brutal and Comet LEDs are the best.

DAC9475B-C943-4702-8D1D-427F57E6EACF (resized).jpegDAC9475B-C943-4702-8D1D-427F57E6EACF (resized).jpeg
#5831 5 years ago

Colsond3 NPO @chesirefilms aobrien5

Yeah, I looked and didnt see one at the distributors. I'd put up a wanted ad here and see if someone has an extra. That or someone can take some measurements and get you one as similar as possible from the current supply.

Maybe one could be 3D printed...?

#5832 5 years ago

Illuminated lenticular apron card is hooked up now too. It’s hard to capture the 3-D effect in photos. Pretty cool though.

D53D6A77-9ED5-4204-8383-43FFA6B23678 (resized).jpegD53D6A77-9ED5-4204-8383-43FFA6B23678 (resized).jpeg
1DDDDED9-9916-4D68-8A18-6617DBDD811D (resized).jpeg1DDDDED9-9916-4D68-8A18-6617DBDD811D (resized).jpegC42D5577-A372-47C9-A8DF-06A4319F3011 (resized).jpegC42D5577-A372-47C9-A8DF-06A4319F3011 (resized).jpeg

#5833 5 years ago

^That was cool. Where did you get that?

#5834 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Interactive undercab lighting added at York show, and UV light above graveyard. Just need some UV paint now.
And Pinsound acquired.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nice! I’ve been wanting this for my BSD (pinsound boards)but still on the fence. Wish you pulled the trigger and had these installed on Friday....I played both your games with red rails!! You love you some VAMPS!

#5835 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Illuminated lenticular apron card is hooked up now too. It’s hard to capture the 3-D effect in photos. Pretty cool though.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

awesome where did you get this.i must have one

#5836 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Nice! I’ve been wanting this for my BSD (pinsound boards)but still on the fence. Wish you pulled the trigger and had these installed on Friday....I played both your games with red rails!! You love you some VAMPS!

Pinsound is the best thing I have bought for this game. Totally transforms it into the game that I wanted with music from the movie and creepy sound effects.

#5837 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

^That was cool. Where did you get that?

awesome where did you get this.i must have one

It didn’t seem real illuminated at the show. With overhead lighting, you get the 3-D effect but not much illumination. In the dark, it looks killer.

GRB1959 (Gord) hooked me up with it a few months ago. Cool cat. Came from Steve at Orange County Pinball Lab. The card requires 12v.

#5838 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

That I do. I actually did buy it Friday later in the day, but still had to burn the software to the flash drive. Game was getting a ton of play, so I didn’t get a chance to hook it up on Saturday.

And there is no reason to be on the fence Chef. When you download the software to the flash, it still has the original sound & callouts if you want to switch back. If I ever get nostalgic, I’ll switch it back for a few weeks. No need to switch out the board again.

Quoted from GoodManners:

Pinsound is the best thing I have bought for this game. Totally transforms it into the game that I wanted with music from the movie and creepy sound effects.

Couldn’t agree more. Playing this game with intense background music is awesome, and the updated & added callouts makes it feel like a totally modern game. As soon as I saw Pinsound had flown over and they were available at the show in person, I ran to grab one. Probably hooking it up tonight.

#5839 5 years ago

Yeah - Hazzard's mix is great. And he did all that work and hands it out for free.

I need to get another board for mt Frankenstein pin so i can update it as well. Pricey but I think worth it.

#5841 5 years ago

Wow! Great mod!!!

#5842 5 years ago
Quoted from GoodManners:

Yeah - Hazzard's mix is great. And he did all that work and hands it out for free.
I need to get another board for mt Frankenstein pin so i can update it as well. Pricey but I think worth it.

Well, when I'm getting such good feedback, it's so worth it!

Frankenstein is in my opinion one of the pins that really benefit from a pinsound board. Night and day difference. I mean, BSD already had great music and SFX to a certain extent, but MSF was just awful from the moment I hit that startbutton...So it had to be fixed. And I uploaded a new version just the other day

#5843 5 years ago

Wow, that is beautiful! Best of luck, I hope you sell a million of 'em. If I hadn't just scored one of Pinball Customs' mods, I'd be all over this one!

Still has Ron Jeremy, though...

#5844 5 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

Wow, that is beautiful! Best of luck, I hope you sell a million of 'em. If I hadn't just scored one of Pinball Customs' mods, I'd be all over this one!
Still has Ron Jeremy, though...

Thank you!

And yes it does, but I may be of the minority that likes it for the most part (detail could be better for sure). With the smoked dome, my mind fills in the rest as being better than it is

I had a request to make torches that work with my mod, so I'm in the midst of that.
Here's a work in progress video clip (still need to make the handles).

#5845 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Thank you!
And yes it does, but I may be of the minority that likes it for the most part (detail could be better for sure). With the smoked dome, my mind fills in the rest as being better than it is
I had a request to make torches that work with my mod, so I'm in the midst of that.
Here's a work in progress video clip (still need to make the handles).

#5846 5 years ago

Torches look cool!

#5847 5 years ago

I picked up a BSD a few months ago as a re-import through a container purchase for $2275 shipped that I've been working on. I wanted to document my repairs and thought some of this might be useful to others... It booted up, but had problems which I've been working through. It was filthy, so I stripped down the playfield for a deep cleaning and got it all put back together, adding LEDs, replacing the cracked ball guides, doing a rubber kit and cleaning the optos as I went. Got it all back together and it looked pretty good. There was really no playfield wear or cracked ramps under all the filth, which was great.

It was booting in German and not saving settings, so I pulled the game board, clipped the resistors to make it default to English, clipped out the battery holder, then pulled a chip, added a socket and converted it NVRAM. Success! Well, after initial failure, I lifted a trace on the NVRAM install that I had to repair, but got it going pretty fast. It was now booting in English and saving the settings.

In the tests of the feature lights, every test for a light ending in a 6, 7, 8 (and maybe 9) was actually lighting two playfield lights! Pulled the board and tested the transistors in the lower left corner, found a dead Tip 107, ordered one from Great Plains and replaced it. It solved the issue.

The left yellow round target in the middle bank was missing, I ordered a replacement from Marco, only I initially soldered the wires in wrong and it was also scoring 5,000 points from another playfield goal too. Pulled the playfield, could totally see how the wiring didn't match the other two targets, unsoldered and resoldered it to the correct point and it worked right, yay!

There were definitely opto problems going on with lots of ball searching. I pulled the larger under playfield 10 opto board and visibly saw found the chip at C2 had green crud on the lower legs of it like something had leaked out. Pulled it, soldered in a socket and a new chip and replaced a few 1N4004s that were also gunky nearby. Put the board back in and tested it, success! All the optos were now testing and working correctly. Well... except the dreaded Mist multiball opto problems!

Mist multiball wasn't working for a number of reasons, first and foremost, neither gate was there! Ordered those from Marco and got them installed, rigged the left one to the solenoid with a wire since I didn't have the spring (do now). In test mode I could tell the magnet was working, it was moving across, but there was definitely a problem with the optos. In game play it drops the top ball immediately. A friend had a spare 24" opto board and brought it over, with that Mist multiball works great, so I know it's the board. I did order a replacement board with some other stuff from Ministry of Pinball, but the order has been stuck in customs in SF for over a month. Not sure why, I've been emailing everyone trying to get it solved. The friend is lending me his board in the meantime so I can play my game.

In the meantime I decided to see if I could fix the opto board. It turns out the inductor was totally missing. I found what I think was the right one earlier in this forum from Mouser: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/fastron/11p-103j-50. Ordered it and installed it. Also replaced the capacitors and the chip at U2, which a friend had on hand. No success. I'm trying to decide if it's worth tracking down the other two chips and testing all the resistors when I have a replacement board sitting in customs that may arrive any day and I also have the loaner until I do get it.

Other problems... the translite was held on by black electric tape, I ordered all new trim and lift channel, cleaned it up, installed all and it looks great. The game was having a problem kicking out the ball, turns out the spring in the kicker was weak and the coil sleeve was filthy, slowing everything down. I didn't have the replacement coil sleeve, but it cleaned up nicely, replaced the spring and bam, it's working perfect. The DMD is missing a few lines, but I'm thinking I will replace it with a color DMD soon anyway, so that's not a major concern. I ordered a new speaker cover, since the original had a hole punched in it and I wanted one without the red gell for the color DMD. Right now it's all playing perfectly and really fun, just need that final board and the color DMD and this project will be done!

Spent about $225 in parts, so $2500 so far, and probably 20-25 hours of work. Multiple people helped with tracking down and fixing the problems above, mostly at one repair party I hosted one afternoon, I wouldn't have found all the problems and solved them so quickly without a support team of friends.

Drac (resized).jpgDrac (resized).jpg
#5848 5 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I picked up a BSD a few months ago as a re-import through a container purchase for $2275 shipped that I've been working on. I wanted to document my repairs and thought some of this might be useful to others... [...]
Spent about $225 in parts, so $2500 so far, and probably 20-25 hours of work. Multiple people helped with tracking down and fixing the problems above, mostly at one repair party I hosted one afternoon, I wouldn't have found all the problems and solved them so quickly without a support team of friends.
[quoted image]

Great story, congrats on a successful purchase and refurb!

#5849 5 years ago

Installation takes a whole 5 minutes once you have the software downloaded to the flash. Definitely recommend PinSound for BSD. Awesome upgrade.

35B34FB0-E6FE-4203-9AF0-2B67C4BBDB66 (resized).jpeg35B34FB0-E6FE-4203-9AF0-2B67C4BBDB66 (resized).jpeg
56E3EB51-3C07-484F-ABFD-159041667F52 (resized).jpeg56E3EB51-3C07-484F-ABFD-159041667F52 (resized).jpeg

Although I would like to get the pop bump sounds back or reincorporated. Can I change that in the settings?

#5850 5 years ago

So no sounds off pop and sling shot hits?? That’s def something missing BUT the orchestral music is badass...puts you in the BSD mood.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 224.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/117?hl=hazzard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.