IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 224.
#5701 5 years ago

Hm, perhaps I will get one then. I was going to drop a P-ROC in there and recode with an lcd display, maybe I will do that with my I500, BSD is too good to screw around with the original game

#5702 5 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Did I miss something. I wasn't aware you updated to a correct color choice. Congrats. About time!

Bastards. It remains “repugnant”, at least in your eyes. However, it does match my beautiful, unfaded original cabinet.

I think black armor only really works if you have the wrong, rarely purchased bland aftermarket cabinet artwork.

Quoted from Spinape:

BSD is too good to screw around with the original game

Exactly....well, at least the cabinet.

#5703 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Bastards. It remains “repugnant”, at least in your eyes. However, it does match my beautiful, unfaded original cabinet.

I think black armor only really works if you have the wrong, rarely purchased bland aftermarket cabinet artwork.

Ouch! Because of that comment, i'm not going to have you over and get a chance to put your initials on my game. So there!

#5704 5 years ago

Ouch! Because of that comment, i'm not going to have you over and get a chance to put your initials on my game. So there!

Oh, you were actually thinking of letting someone play your games?

“We shall do battle once more.”

#5705 5 years ago

Joined the club for the second time last night
Left at 4 AM returned 11 PM
Totally worth it.
In a couple weeks it gets new decals and a black powder coat.

3C9EDD57-B754-4AE2-B813-4A4FFB490C73 (resized).jpeg3C9EDD57-B754-4AE2-B813-4A4FFB490C73 (resized).jpeg
#5706 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Totally worth it.
In a couple weeks it gets new decals and a black powder coat.[quoted image]

Where are you getting your decals from?

#5707 5 years ago

Totally worth it.
In a couple weeks it gets new decals and a black powder coat.

Congrats on the game and correct trim choice! Colsond3 is not going to be happy about this.....

#5708 5 years ago

Congrats on the game and correct trim choice! Colsond3 is not going to be happy about this.....

You sound like a blundering novice...

All joking aside, great pick up Spaceman. Black is a great color choice for this game.

#5709 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Where are you getting your decals from?

Thank you everyone I am so stoked
I am getting the decals from a friend who has a “quality set of decals for it”
He is doing the cab work

He recommended black but I am not doing the wire forms I like them better chrome just the trim,legs,coin door

My playfield is real nice but not perfect but that’s ok the game is for me it’s never going anywhere

#5710 5 years ago

Hi all. I have 2 more guys wanting the modified custom speaker panel. If there are 3 more I can go ahead so let me know. Have to order in lots of 5.
They cost 90 USD posted to the USA. Send me a pm. Thanks

#5711 5 years ago

Thank you everyone I am so stoked
I am getting the decals from a friend who has a “quality set of decals for it”
He is doing the cab work
He recommended black but I am not doing the wire forms I like them better chrome just the trim,legs,coin door
My playfield is real nice but not perfect but that’s ok the game is for me it’s never going anywhere

Black trim looks awesome..go for it!

20161122_155422 (resized).jpg20161122_155422 (resized).jpg
#5712 5 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Black trim looks awesome..go for it![quoted image]

I like chrome on Bally Williams, black rails go on Data East/Sega in my mind, but it's your game- make YOUR dream come true!

#5713 5 years ago

Love the cabinet artwork on this game - every time I see it I am like YUMMM!

Shame it always fades to hell

#5714 5 years ago

Black rails works like a pictureframe, it really enhances your perception of contrast and colours. My BSD also has black rails

#5715 5 years ago

How are most of you removing the rails...your method? Or are you just buying new ones to have them powder coated?

#5716 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

How are most of you removing the rails...your method? Or are you just buying new ones to have them powder coated?

The old rails always die on removal or were already scratched/dented and not worth saving. Don't try to save them. Your main goal is to not tear the decal while removing. Methods for removal are on Pinside. I'd not deviate and take it very slow. Then a fun glue removal mini project awaits.

#5717 5 years ago

You may want to review the thread below for how I removed the side rails from my TZ. The method detailed by @silverballnut worked perfectly and I was able to remove the side rails without damaging either the side rails or the cabinet decals.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/side-rail-removalinstallation-for-decaled-tz

Gord

#5718 5 years ago

Hi guys the latest with my bsd, when I turn it on it always factory resets and freezes. has anyone else had this problem?

#5719 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

The old rails always die on removal or were already scratched/dented and not worth saving. Don't try to save them. Your main goal is to not tear the decal while removing. Methods for removal are on Pinside. I'd not deviate and take it very slow. Then a fun glue removal mini project awaits.

Quoted from GRB1959:

You may want to review the thread below for how I removed the side rails from my TZ. The method detailed by @silverballnut worked perfectly and I was able to remove the side rails without damaging either the side rails or the cabinet decals.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/side-rail-removalinstallation-for-decaled-tz
Gord

Ok good info thanks for looking out guys. I figured new rails would be the way to go.

#5720 5 years ago
Quoted from TDEX:

Hi guys the latest with my bsd, when I turn it on it always factory resets and freezes. has anyone else had this problem?

Are you still using batteries in it?

#5721 5 years ago

Has anyone ever painted or had an artist get the red coloring back onto the decals? My original decals are so nice and clean but the reds are 100% gone...and I have no interest in re decaling.

#5722 5 years ago

Use a red sharpie, worked for me

B9149BC8-651E-42EF-9797-322788DB37DC (resized).jpegB9149BC8-651E-42EF-9797-322788DB37DC (resized).jpeg
#5723 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

Are you still using batteries in it?

I just had a new wpc 89 mpu board installed to replace original battery acid destroyed
board. the tech who replaced it removed the battery tray and installed a button battery.

#5724 5 years ago
Quoted from TDEX:

I just had a new wpc 89 mpu board installed to replace original battery acid destroyed
board. the tech who replaced it removed the battery tray and installed a button battery.

This sounds like it’s battery related if you keep getting factory reset messages. Try removing it and see if the game freezes without it in. It’s just a flat cell battery?

#5725 5 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Black trim looks awesome..go for it![quoted image]

Wow. THAT looks awesome...!

#5726 5 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Hi all. I have 2 more guys wanting the modified custom speaker panel. If there are 3 more I can go ahead so let me know. Have to order in lots of 5.
They cost 90 USD posted to the USA. Send me a pm. Thanks

Sorry, the "show only posts from this user" function is not working at this time. Can you please show me what you're talking about?

#5727 5 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

Use a red sharpie, worked for me
[quoted image]

It does the trick....I just don’t think that I have that level of patience to do that. Nice tho.

#5728 5 years ago

My left side is nice and red, the right side red is COMPLETELY white. I dont think ill change it, ive had several mild mannered arguments with folks that absolutely dont beleive the white was once red. Non-pinheads of course

#5729 5 years ago

It does the trick....I just don’t think that I have that level of patience to do that. Nice tho.

I just got my kids to do it, because of the black there is no worry of coloring outside the lines.

#5730 5 years ago

leave as is. i wouldn't buy a BSD that's been sharpie'd.

#5731 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

Yes you would!

#5732 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

How about painted with acrylic paints? Like mine that’s not for sale..

1FFA4263-944E-4055-8F41-127DE8E9D19C (resized).jpeg1FFA4263-944E-4055-8F41-127DE8E9D19C (resized).jpeg7405FA36-E4DF-4FB0-AEED-B844163E2B79 (resized).jpeg7405FA36-E4DF-4FB0-AEED-B844163E2B79 (resized).jpeg
#5733 5 years ago

Any solution you find acceptable is good. For the best paint results its an easy frisket mask and airbrush/rattlecan job to avoid brushstrokes or markerlines. My completely white side has kinda grown on me over the years...

#5734 5 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Any solution you find acceptable is good. For the best paint results its an easy frisket mask and airbrush/rattlecan job to avoid brushstrokes or markerlines. My completely white side has kinda grown on me over the years...

Yeah my niece is an artist so I’ve had her work on a few machines and she does some excellent work I must say.

#5735 5 years ago

In one of the Clay pinball ninja guides he uses Createx and brush, it looks great.

#5736 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

How about painted with acrylic paints? Like mine that’s not for sale..
[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks very good! Yeah I’d def let somebody with the patience and skill to do that...I’m not even good at coloring
I like all the ideas though. The white doesn’t bother me at all....but I enjoy the red being there as it was intended. It really makes the dark cab pop with some color.

#5737 5 years ago

i didn't like acrylic when i tried it because of the felt difference to touch. i'd recommend sealing it somehow. best is airbrush, like what was mentioned before.

#5738 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i didn't like acrylic when i tried it because of the felt difference to touch. i'd recommend sealing it somehow. best is airbrush, like what was mentioned before.

Yeah I plan on sealing it. It actually feels pretty smooth my niece used a fine brush..

#5739 5 years ago

my perfect BSD is out there somewhere. i swear.

#5740 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

This sounds like it’s battery related if you keep getting factory reset messages. Try removing it and see if the game freezes without it in. It’s just a flat cell battery?

I took the battery out and no freeze. put battery back and turned off machine factory settings

reset. the battery looks like its one of those cheep Chinese batteries.( due to the Chinese writing on it). I will replace the battery and keep you posted. thanks so much.

#5741 5 years ago
Quoted from TDEX:

I took the battery out and no freeze. put battery back and turned off machine factory settings
reset. the battery looks like its one of those cheep Chinese batteries.( due to the Chinese writing on it). I will replace the battery and keep you posted. thanks so much.

and yes its a flat cell

#5742 5 years ago
Quoted from TDEX:

There ya go. Fresh, good battery should get it running properly

#5743 5 years ago

Can anyone tell me where this goes?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#5744 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Can anyone tell me where this goes?
[quoted image]

That might be that piece underneath the coffin area. I’ll check mine later.. I shopped mine out and forgot to put it back.

#5745 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

That might be that piece underneath the coffin area. I’ll check mine later.. I shopped mine out and forgot to put it back.

That is correct!

#5746 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

It's in my basement

#5747 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

There ya go. Fresh, good battery should get it running properly

aaaaannnnddd
a new battery did the trick. thank you so much. NOW! on to problem #2 a weak plunger. sometimes

it shoots strong but mostly it shoots weak. I cleaned the rod it moves pretty freely.

#5748 5 years ago

make sure it's lined up straight, hitting the ball perfectly square. also, make sure the entire assembly is tight. any slack will cause some misfires.

#5749 5 years ago

I don't have a problem with a weak plunger but mine sometimes hits it too hard I think and the ball hits the bottom of the plastic ramp and it doesn't go all the way up. I feels like a random thing. Maybe 20% of the time.

#5750 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

Might be waiting a while. You don’t really see these coming up too often anymore...especially one that would be up to your standards.

A lot of great pics of original cabinet art getting thrown up here too (Joe)

I enjoy the red being there as it was intended. It really makes the dark cab pop with some color.

Someday people will learn that there is a reason why this game doesn’t like sunlight.

The red armor matches something on the cab but I can’t put my finger on it...
88EF75C7-93FC-48E4-BD91-72121E7B4245 (resized).jpeg88EF75C7-93FC-48E4-BD91-72121E7B4245 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 224.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/115?hl=jamesuk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.