PXL_20240310_205042362 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240310_201837504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240310_205105814 (resized).jpg
20240307_151004 (resized).jpg
20240307_113514 (resized).jpg
P1000806 (resized).JPG
to use (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,107 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 223.
#5651 5 years ago

Decal corners don't seem to be that big of a deal now do they...lol Holy Moly is right...

#5652 5 years ago

you have no idea, brah. i'll replace a screw because it doesn't match the other ones on the playfield.

#5653 5 years ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

I picked up a massive project BSD and after looking into a playfield, which I will probably end up getting I though, you know what, what is the worst I can do..

Obviously needs a little work and you wouldn’t be able to sell it to someone nitpicky or looking for a HEP game, but it’s still a BSD and now you own one. Congrats on the pick up.

I’d rather have one with a few issues than no BSD at all. If you don’t get scans from anybody else, let me know and I’ll try to get a couple together for you.

#5654 5 years ago

yep, wasn't bashing it, just way too much work for me. i'm lazy.

#5655 5 years ago

I've seen them in much worse shape. You can fix that up. I was lucky that mine was owned by an old couple who never played it.... They didn't even know it had video mode

#5656 5 years ago

I have a SS and a TWD both minty, but I came into this game with no money and certainly not a lot to spend, will it ever be a HEP, hell no. I could blow £1,000 on a play field, or I could learn to do it at £300 and end up with a players, that would be well loved and a damn fine machine. My point is I want to try because this is my hobby, not my living and I get the satisfaction out of saying, hell yea!!! That was me.... So, in that vein, yes, there has been little appetite to help thus far, anything is a pro, please, send something my way.

It is amazing what a small amount of love will do...

IMG_6934 (resized).jpgIMG_6934 (resized).jpgIMG_6940 (resized).jpgIMG_6940 (resized).jpg
#5657 5 years ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

So, in that vein, yes, there has been little appetite to help thus far,

46A08F59-23BB-4D2F-9566-9468E4CD19FE (resized).jpeg46A08F59-23BB-4D2F-9566-9468E4CD19FE (resized).jpeg

And I certainly appreciate your optimistic attitude. Now add that bad boy to your collection.

06191FBC-B7D4-4253-9855-2DF96FAC59F4 (resized).jpeg06191FBC-B7D4-4253-9855-2DF96FAC59F4 (resized).jpeg

#5658 5 years ago

I honestly don't think anyone was intending to be discouraging or cast aspersions.

It just looks like a REALLY big job. In all seriousness, I wish you the best of luck, and I can't wait to see you bring it back to life. How appropriate that it's BSD, which is undead to begin with!

#5659 5 years ago

I didn't want mine to come across negative either - sorry about that.

Is this thread the best place to ask for scans though, or is there a better place on the forum that will get more hits?

#5660 5 years ago

Pinsound+ installed! The remix is so nasty. Very, very creepy and dark. Just amazing in home atmosphere. I added a external sub and already upgraded my speakers. The clarity is off the charts. Well worth it.
IMG_1638 (resized).JPGIMG_1638 (resized).JPG

#5661 5 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Pinsound+ installed! The remix is so nasty. Very, very creepy and dark. Just amazing in home atmosphere. I added a external sub and already upgraded my speakers. The clarity is off the charts. Well worth it.
[quoted image]

care to post a video?

#5662 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

care to post a video?

I'll see what I can do.

#5663 5 years ago

[quoted image]

Nice!!!
But, it seems you are not wired in stereo?
Stereo is a must!

#5664 5 years ago

sigh; can't wait to get one...

#5665 5 years ago

I didn't like the idea of Ron Jeremy living in my basement so decided to make my own coffin mod.

IMG_20180912_201958 (resized).jpgIMG_20180912_201958 (resized).jpg
#5666 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Everytime the up/down post on the ramp goes down it makes a horrible buzzing sound. anyone have a clue how to fix it?

This is because the plunger on the ramp flap pin isn't reaching the metal coil stop. This together with the fact that the coil is driven using PWM makes it buzz. I fixed this by changing the dual coil bracket above the coil to a single one. This made the plunger reaching the coil stop and it is now quiet when activated.

#5667 5 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I didn't like the idea of Ron Jeremy living in my basement so decided to make my own coffin mod.
[quoted image]

Ha ha. That does look like that dirty Ron Jeremy

#5668 5 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

[quoted image]

I like it.

Care to share your method?

RussM

#5669 5 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

[quoted image]

Wow, looks great! I'm guessing it's either sand-cast or 3d printed?

#5670 5 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I like it.
Care to share your method?
RussM

Quoted from Zennmaster:

Wow, looks great! I'm guessing it's either sand-cast or 3d printed?

Thanks! It is 3D printed and then painted. It's still a work in progress, the paint is a little rough and it needs a few minor adjustments. It took many hours and I need a break so I'll probably leave it alone and just play it for a while. I kept the original tombstone plastic intact and used Comet matrix to connect the coffin lock lights. I also flipped the light board inside so it points down.

#5671 5 years ago

If anyone is interested I have a couple pairs of my torch mod in stock

#5672 5 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

[quoted image]

Awesome work.

#5673 5 years ago

Hi all,

I have now got play field scans and my friend who is a graphic designer is currently sizing them and "tracing" the inserts too. Anyone who needs them let me know - will have all but V I D E O done as I didn't get these on the scan.

Cheers,
James

#5674 5 years ago

Think they came out OK to be honest... Obviously the original artwork is all scaled - I had to pay a designer to do this in the end but still... not too shabby as it is all scaled correcetly.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5675 5 years ago

So the dry run whilst the tear down is ongoing, my designer put these together and sized them all up for me, note the skin tone, he has... probably best to quote him actually, I have no idea...

Hoped it was a simple brightness fix but needed saturation too which bought out a load of artifacts - so had to tidy that up...

Ordered everything ready to try this out

IMG_7028 (resized).jpgIMG_7028 (resized).jpgIMG_7031 (resized).jpgIMG_7031 (resized).jpg
#5676 5 years ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

So the dry run whilst the tear down is ongoing, my designer put these together and sized them all up for me, note the skin tone, he has... probably best to quote him actually, I have no idea...
Hoped it was a simple brightness fix but needed saturation too which bought out a load of artifacts - so had to tidy that up...
Ordered everything ready to try this out
[quoted image][quoted image]

I really admire your effort on this one. It's gonna be beautiful when you're done!

#5677 5 years ago

Thanks sir, don't want to hijack this as a shop log really, but if OK will periodically update if that is ok - playfield as of tonight.

IMG_7083 (resized).jpgIMG_7083 (resized).jpg
#5678 5 years ago

At last, Mikonos' BSD apron cards are here

IMG_20180919_192034 (resized).jpgIMG_20180919_192034 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180919-145909~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180919-145909~2 (resized).png
#5679 5 years ago

After the long search I have finally joined the club. Wondering if anyone has a couple used or new plastics that I need. See the pictures below for the plastics needed. Thanks

0919182155a (resized).jpg0919182155a (resized).jpg0919182157a (resized).jpg0919182157a (resized).jpg
#5680 5 years ago
Quoted from codered9394:

After the long search I have finally joined the club. Wondering if anyone has a couple used or new plastics that I need. See the pictures below for the plastics needed. Thanks

Those are the 2 most commonly broken ones. The whole set was reproduced. Look around and see if you can find any still for sale (PPS, Bryan_Kelly)

#5681 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Those are the 2 most commonly broken ones. The whole set was reproduced. Look around and see if you can find any still for sale (PPS, Bryan_Kelly)

My slings are the only broken ones on my machine. Both have a bit missing from the corners.. I would have suspected those to be the most commonly broken ones

#5682 5 years ago

Just got my BSD back from Schmitty’s shop and couldn’t be happier. Plays like a new B/W. Only a couple more things to add.

- Topside teardown
- New ramps
- New plastics
- New silicone (transparent)
- New flippers and rebuild
- New legs and levelers
- Full Comet LEDs
- Drac mod
- Plastic protectors
- Topside metal tumbled
- Bottomside cleanup
- Original cab refurb
- Original playfield (sp), no wear, buffed and waxed

4407A2A3-EEC9-459E-A98A-2E06BB26E5D1 (resized).jpeg4407A2A3-EEC9-459E-A98A-2E06BB26E5D1 (resized).jpeg7ABB1618-9AD5-48D9-8404-7ABE10EC1C00 (resized).jpeg7ABB1618-9AD5-48D9-8404-7ABE10EC1C00 (resized).jpeg
#5683 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Just got my BSD back from Schmitty’s shop and couldn’t be happier. Plays like a new B/W. Only a couple more things to add.
- Topside teardown
- New ramps
- New plastics
- New silicone (transparent)
- New flippers and rebuild
- New legs and levelers
- Full Comet LEDs
- Drac mod
- Plastic protectors
- Topside metal tumbled
- Bottomside cleanup
- Original cab refurb
- Original playfield (sp), no wear, buffed and waxed[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks nice, whats the Drac mod? and those slingshot plastics look cool too...

#5684 5 years ago

Looks like the new flippers aren’t those annoying smaller ones too

#5685 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

The drac mod - look at his pics. He replaced the old "Ron Jeremy" coffin with the McFarlane toys mod. It looks much better I think

#5686 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Drac Mod is hand-made by a fellow Pinsider. They’re kinda of unobtanium right now.

Sling plastics are part of the original prototype plastics based on the film characters

Quoted from Spinape:

Looks like the new flippers aren’t those annoying smaller ones too

No they are still lightening flippers, just custom black ones. Gotta have those shorter flippers to maintain the difficulty of this beast.

#5687 5 years ago

agree with the lightning flippers. it's part of this game's heritage.

#5688 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

agree with the lightning flippers. it's part of this game's heritage.

True. I still have my original ones on. It’s part of the game... a game that punishes you for missing your shot, and sometimes screws you dropping from the pop bumpers right down the middle! But that’s BSD

#5689 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Gotta have those shorter flippers to maintain the difficulty of this beast.

This has been discussed in this thread ad nauseam....I say to each their own.

My lightning flips are in the coinbox, in case a purist ever stops by and refuses to play the game without them. As if this game would be any easier even with friggin banana flippers on it.

It is a beast...a monster either way.

#5690 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

It is a beast...a monster either way.

I see what you did there

#5691 5 years ago
Quoted from codered9394:

I reproduced complete BSD plastic sets a couple of years ago and recently sold all the individual pieces I had left. These two are gone.

Quoted from Spinape:

My slings are the only broken ones on my machine. Both have a bit missing from the corners.. I would have suspected those to be the most commonly broken ones

I still have sling sets left. $25 shipped, if anyone is interested.

#5692 5 years ago

About to do a 16+ hr round trip to join the club.
Had one,had planking,couldn’t get over it now after a couple years I am joining again with a decent playfield but needs the decals
Such a long drive I wouldn’t consider it for any other game

#5693 5 years ago

Thanks Jakusu. New speaker panel is awesome! I love the red "LOVE NEVER DIES". My LED strip will make it pop! LCD display is going in this week.

IMG_1651 (resized).JPGIMG_1651 (resized).JPG
IMG_1655 (resized).JPGIMG_1655 (resized).JPG

#5694 5 years ago

Thanks Jakusu. New speaker panel is awesome! I love the red "LOVE NEVER DIES". My LED strip will make it pop! LCD display is going in this week.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Good choice going with the LCD. Your BSD has to be the best one on the planet now for sure! still waiting on that video

#5695 5 years ago

I still have the red dot DMD in there. Most of you would likely recommend the colour dmd or lcd I’m guessing?

#5696 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Good choice going with the LCD. Your BSD has to be the best one on the planet now for sure!

Thanks for the kind words. Costly upgrades with Pinsound+ and ColorDMD in the same month. But it's my favorite game and worth every penny. Just don't tell my wife how much!!!

Quoted from Spinape:

I still have the red dot DMD in there. Most of you would likely recommend the colour dmd or lcd I’m guessing?

It really is a game changer. I plan on upgrading all my games available for it. Just got to spread it out. Or hit the lottery.

#5697 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

You'd think a blood-red display makes sense for BSD, but the color is a huge upgrade

#5698 5 years ago

Man, that would look great with my armor.

#5699 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

#5700 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Did I miss something. I wasn't aware you updated to a correct color choice. Congrats. About time!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 5.00
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 11,107 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/114?hl=pellew and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.