New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 29878)

Bram Stokers Dracula Club....Welcome to the Carpathians

By shacklersrevenge

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,510 posts
  • 620 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by PinballWizard666
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,341 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
BSD01 (resized).jpg
097325fd00492438923e621018ba9ac7a7d7e45e (resized).jpg
IMG_8258 (resized).JPG
Resized_20200816_205943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0388 (resized).jpg
IMG_0387 (resized).jpg
448746-i (resized).jpg
20200714_162825 (resized).jpg
bsd001 (resized).jpg
bsd003 (resized).jpg
bsd002 (resized).jpg
BSD Score (resized).jpg
D13759A0-40C3-4579-AEEE-E113D7FE453B (resized).jpeg
808B0692-1345-4644-BA30-276CDB3496C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7510 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 151.
#501 7 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

Alright who just picked up the Romeo, Michigan BSD?

A pinhead known as K2.

Got BSD and Barb Wire from an 80 year old woman with a walk out basement.

Neither had been played since 2001.

Both totally minty, both badly in need of new rubber, batteries.

#502 7 years ago

So duct tape on a ramp and wedged pennies for a loose solenoid?? Are these the REAL BSD pinball machines?? Sounds like home made versions!

#503 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

A pinhead known as K2.

How do you know that? Did they post something?

#504 7 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

How do you know that? Did they post something?

K2 had to drill the lock.

#505 7 years ago

blood suckers i wanna join, picking one up this week, will put some pics up soon

#506 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

A pinhead known as K2.

That's awesome. These don't pop up round here often.

#507 7 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

That's awesome. These don't pop up round here often.

Yeah, when was the last time you saw a Barb Wire for sale?

K2 sent me a bunch of pics of both games, they look brand new.

The rubber literally fell right off in many places.

#508 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yeah, when was the last time you saw a Barb Wire for sale?
K2 sent me a bunch of pics of both games, they look brand new.
The rubber literally fell right off in many places.

That's awesome if I would of been in town I could of had those games before K2.. Good for him..

#509 7 years ago
Quoted from Almost4200hp:

This can happen if the ramp is misaligned. The ball goes up the first (lift ramp) piece then hits the lip of the main plastic ramp. It bounces up into the rubber stop that fits to the back of Drac's coffin end cover. When the ball goes up more slowly it doesn't bounce as much and misses the rubber.
There are three hex posts supporting Drac's coffin, and believe it or not they are all different (tho very similar) lengths. It's really easy to get them mixed up when shopping the pin and you end up with a lip at the top of the lift ramp.
Have a look at the top if the lift ramp and if its higher on one side than the other it's likely the hex posts are mixed up
Pete

Do you know the appropriate order? I definitely have a lip there.

#510 7 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

That's awesome if I would of been in town I could of had those games before K2.. Good for him..

I'm glad he got them too.

He is a serious collector, and was overjoyed to actually get a couple games that were truly Collector Quality.

Those games could have easily got sold to a flipper rather than someone who really cherishes them.

#511 7 years ago

Do you know the appropriate order? I definitely have a lip there.

Sorry, I asked the same question when I discovered the problem and no one was able to help - I'd already put mine back together with them in the wrong place but the game is U/S because of a board issue (no 5v power...) so I haven't got round to stripping it down and trying to correct it yet. Here's a photo of them side by side, posted earlier in this thread by another pinsider. Shows how close they are!

image.jpg

#512 7 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

Alright who just picked up the Romeo, Michigan BSD?

That was ME, joined the club on saturday afternoon.

I had actually emailed her about them within minutes of them going on CL but she wasnt available till sat.

Other than a complete shop on the machine it is in almost HUO condition. Had to drill the lock and find the leaking batterys but glad it wasnt on the boards yet, just the batt holder

As soon as I get some time it will be coming completely apart and the playfield cleared, no repair/ touch up needed, its that clean. SP playfield too

They had a Barbwire also that other than some very slight planking is almost perfect also

#513 7 years ago
Quoted from sandbagger:

I had actually emailed her about them within minutes of them going on CL but she wasnt available till sat.
Other than a complete shop on the machine it is in almost HUO condition. Had to drill the lock and find the leaking batterys but glad it wasnt on the boards yet, just the batt holder
As soon as I get some time it will be coming completely apart and the playfield cleared, no repair/ touch up needed, its that clean. SP playfield too
They had a Barbwire also that other than some very slight planking is almost perfect also

I got an email saying I could have BSD for $1,600 if I wanted to come look at them Sat.. I was out of town or I would of went and looked at them. Good for you man! Nice score!

#514 7 years ago
Quoted from sandbagger:

Oh yeah they sent me some pictures of them too.. Looked pretty nice..

#515 7 years ago

Walmart had these crosses for under $4 each in the auto section and they stick right on.

IMG_0699.JPG IMG_0700.JPG IMG_0701.JPG

#517 7 years ago

Big thanks to MrSanRamon for providing those insert shots last week. I was able to fashion something decent to create a temporary fix for my player copy of BSD. Sadly, it was sold a couple of days ago, so I am officially out of the club temporarily while I await a nicer copy.

Here are some pics.

IMG_4544.JPG IMG_4590.JPG

#518 7 years ago

Also, this BSD had a really poor botched attempt at re-applying the reds. Someone actually used brushed on acrylics!
I found some special acrylic pens a while back that blend beautifully with no streaks or lines... and they come in various thicknesses. I was able to do a reasonable correction and still keep the cost of the machine down for the next guy... who seems pretty happy with it overall.

IMG_4592.JPG IMG_4594.JPG IMG_4598.JPG

#519 7 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Also, this BSD had a really poor botched attempt at re-applying the reds. Someone actually used brushed on acrylics!
I found some special acrylic pens a while back that blend beautifully with no streaks or lines... and they come in various thicknesses. I was able to do a reasonable correction and still keep the cost of the machine down for the next guy... who seems pretty happy with it overall.

great effort with the touch up

#520 7 years ago

Mines just landed, I;ll wait to the sun goes down first

BSD_landed.jpg

#521 7 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Mines just landed, I;ll wait to the sun goes down first

Well DO !!! Then go and stack them up ...... THIIIIRRRTYYYYY MIIIIILLLLION !!!!

@drano, great job! Looking pretty sharp.

#522 7 years ago

Wondering if anyone can help - on my BSD, when you hit the Right Ramp switch(#28) you get the reward for the Mystery Hole(#58), and vice versa.

So, the Mystery Hole gives 1/2 Million, 1 Million., etc., and the Right Ramp gives "Mystery" and whatever's lit under the Mystery Hole.

I'm guessing that the two switches are reversed somehow - can the switches be detached and swapped, or to I disconnect the wiring and re-solder to the opposite switch? Or is it something else, maybe?

#523 7 years ago
Quoted from Almost4200hp:

Sorry, I asked the same question when I discovered the problem and no one was able to help - I'd already put mine back together with them in the wrong place but the game is U/S because of a board issue (no 5v power...) so I haven't got round to stripping it down and trying to correct it yet. Here's a photo of them side by side, posted earlier in this thread by another pinsider. Shows how close they are!

Hey, I recognize that thumb (it's mine).

Yes, the posts are very close in size. Measure when you remove each.

#524 7 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

They should have tried the "Sharpie" method... Worked great for me!

http://www.robsgameroom.com/RGR/Sharpiecracker.html

Enjoy!

#525 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

They should have tried the "Sharpie" method... Worked great for me!

http://www.robsgameroom.com/RGR/Sharpiecracker.html

nice result,
you mean sharpie permanent marker or did you use a paint pen type

#526 7 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

nice result,
you mean sharpie permanent marker or did you use a paint pen type

Used only a "sharpie permanent marker". The results were awesome!

#527 7 years ago

hi there fellow BSD pinheads,
just got my pin, really not happy, bought it site unseen never f'nk again

anyway is this mild planking on the PF or cracked clear, looks worse than the pic, cant get a good shot

BSD.JPG BSD_1.JPG

#528 7 years ago

the bump post on the RHS lane is loose in the timber, looks it will need a oversized post, any idea what part # post will be suitable

bend_post.JPG

#529 7 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

the bump post on the RHS lane is loose in the timber, looks it will need a oversized post, any idea what part # post will be suitable

Fill the hole with some glued in toothpicks.

#530 7 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

hi there fellow BSD pinheads,
just got my pin, really not happy, bought it site unseen never f'nk again
anyway is this mild planking on the PF or cracked clear, looks worse than the pic, cant get a good shot

Which type of playfield?

#531 7 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Fill the hole with some glued in toothpicks.

thanks bud, tried that & Fixed

#532 7 years ago

What is the expected wear that you should find, at the spot on the pf where the ball lands from the launch? I looked at a routed machine that felt like it had a divot there. Closer look showed some minor wood loss. Would you avoid this machine? It is an LS pf and the rest of it looks pretty good.

BSD_launch.jpg

#533 7 years ago

all depends on price

i think you will be hard pressed to find a mint one around, i made the #1 mistake, not begin patient

#534 7 years ago

How do you stop that from getting worse?

#535 7 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

all depends on price
i think you will be hard pressed to find a mint one around, i made the #1 mistake, not begin patient

Love me some Diamond Lady, too!

#536 7 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

What is the expected wear that you should find, at the spot on the pf where the ball lands from the launch? I looked at a routed machine that felt like it had a divot there. Closer look showed some minor wood loss. Would you avoid this machine? It is an LS pf and the rest of it looks pretty good.

Well, had a look at mine in that area, not as bad as yours, that area cops a beating with the ball dropping down every launch,

anyone looking to buy a BSD, that's the first place to look at

#537 7 years ago

Ha Ha DL = drain machine , keep a eye out, going to pm you for some info

#538 7 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Ha Ha DL = drain machine , keep a eye out, going to pm you for some info

Will do. Can we put Mylar down to protect the ball launch area?

#539 7 years ago

Kruzman, expecting great things from you on the playfield, soon................

#540 7 years ago
Quoted from Carl_694:

How do you stop that from getting worse?

Mylar is not going to help much, it's breaking up
Probably needs to be filled anyone have any advice

#541 7 years ago

Wondering if there are ways to prevent mine from becoming like yours! LOL!

#542 7 years ago

What is the going price for a bsd with typical fade, without wood missing from the drop area of the pf?

#543 7 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

What is the going price for a bsd with typical fade, without wood missing from the drop area of the pf?

probably low 2's, if you see a good one under 2k i think you better

#544 7 years ago

Played this game in my pin league tournament over the weekend for the first time since 1993/1994. Really enjoyed it and fell bad I did not give it a chance back in the day. First two balls did me in but made it up on third and got a good score of around 156,000,000 or so.Opps forgot one extra set of 0's in orginal post. Thought I was posting those low score Stern games which probably why I like the 90's area more.

#545 7 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Played this game in my pin league tournament over the weekend for the first time since 1993/1994. Really enjoyed it and fell bad I did not give it a chance back in the day. First two balls did me in but made it up on third and got a good score of around 156,000 or so.

BSD in your wishlist now

#546 7 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

I think wear here is inevitable. Depending on price I'd still consider it. You can barely see the area back there. Clean it, light touch up with acrylics, then carnauba, then mylar to prevent it getting any worse. If you decide to tear it down and have the pf done professionally they can remove the mylar and go to work.

#547 7 years ago

Guys,
I have a set of decals for this game.
I got them a while back from some dude in Europe. They seem to be of good quality but most certainly not licensed. I don't need them any longer and will happily let them go if anyone wants them.
My cost was $300 to get them.

I'll also be at expo next month of shipping is an issue.
PM me if interested.

#548 7 years ago

I'm currently working on BSD myself. Man, it was horrendously dirty!

image.jpg image2.jpg

#549 7 years ago

Crash, are you going as far as pulling out the PF,
whats the condition of the PF like

#550 7 years ago

Route beater. It's going to be a nice player's game. Hasn't been on location since 2011 and even then it was in sorry half-working condition.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 209.99
$ 5.00
There are 7510 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 151.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside