PXL_20240310_205105814 (resized).jpg
20240307_151004 (resized).jpg
20240307_113514 (resized).jpg
P1000806 (resized).JPG
to use (resized).jpg
to use 2 (resized).jpg
to use 3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,103 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 223.
#5001 6 years ago

Mine kicked my ass tonight...some good shots though. Man, this game is fast as hell all the time.

Had a credit dot, and then it disappeared. Haven't turned it on in a few weeks, so the switches definitely needed a workout. Every time I take a break from this pin and then come back to it, I remember why it's so awesome. Did I mention it kicked my ass?

#5002 6 years ago

I've been looking for a very nice BSD for a long time. If any of you guys have lead on somebody who wants to sell or trade, please shoot me a pm!

#5003 6 years ago

of all the games i've gotten rid of, BSD is the only one i want back.

#5004 6 years ago

Out of 78 games BSD is the only one I got back and kept- 3 years ago and will never leave. This game is the best deal in pinball period. For 3k or so you cannot beat it. I never get tired of it and play it all the time.

#5005 6 years ago

Anyone have an extra center target plastic protector I could buy off them? I don't need the whole set- this is the only plastic I find ever in any regular/real danger..

#5006 6 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Anyone have an extra center target plastic protector I could buy off them? I don't need the whole set- this is the only plastic I find ever in any regular/real danger..

Ask indypinhead

#5007 6 years ago

Just finished changing over the LEDs, and some tuneups. Man, this game can be a pain in the ass sometimes....but so worth it.

IMG_4712 (resized).JPGIMG_4712 (resized).JPG

#5008 6 years ago

Played a few games tonight and noticed the music cutting in and out randomly. Sometimes it goes completely silent for a few seconds but sound effects are still going. Any solutions? Could it be old caps?

#5009 6 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Played a few games tonight and noticed the music cutting in and out randomly. Sometimes it goes completely silent for a few seconds but sound effects are still going. Any solutions? Could it be old caps?

Could be the caps. I would start there. Check the connectors also.

#5010 6 years ago

My ball seems to be getting stuck in the mystery hole. Getting caught up in the metal tray at the bottom of the drop before it gets to the plastic subway ramp to travel to the VUK. Anybody ever have that problem? Am I missing something?

It almost seems like the metal piece is tilted backwards a little bit after I reassembled it. Not rolling onto the plastic subway. And I know sometimes when people reinstall it they leave the metal lip underneath the plastic ramp so the ball gets held up on the plastic lip, but that's not it. The metal is under like it should be.

#5011 6 years ago

Mine did that once in awhile. Just need to do a little tweaking! Slight bend here little filing there. Maybe small spacer. Just work it out.

#5012 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

My ball seems to be getting stuck in the mystery hole. Getting caught up in the metal tray at the bottom of the drop before it gets to the plastic subway ramp to travel to the VUK. Anybody ever have that problem? Am I missing something?
It almost seems like the metal piece is tilted backwards a little bit after I reassembled it. Not rolling onto the plastic subway. And I know sometimes when people reinstall it they leave the metal lip underneath the plastic ramp so the ball gets held up on the plastic lip, but that's not it. The metal is under like it should be.

I had the same problem and posted about it not long ago. That metal plate should be flat. It bends easily.

#5013 6 years ago

If anyone needs a plastic set, I still have a couple of reproduction sets I had made a few years ago. When these are gone, they're gone. I see BAA and Marco are sold out.

$160 includes shipping.

#5014 6 years ago

New ramps will be gone shortly also. See other thread for BSD new ramps available.

#5015 6 years ago

If only they'd release a date on the new playfields!

#5016 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

If only they'd release a date on the new playfields!

Patience my good sir. I'd be willing to bet we might...might see them at TPF 2018. If I remember the rumor correct, BK2000 has to happen first - THEN - BSD comes out.

#5017 6 years ago

Oh reeery!

1516763304713421363264 (resized).jpg1516763304713421363264 (resized).jpg

#5018 6 years ago

Last issue after the LED job...plunger is auto firing and after it launches it will load another ball into the shooter lane, but that one doesn't fire. Just sits there until I hit the plunger button. And if the existing ball drains, it doesn't read end of ball until the second one is launched and drains. This happens for all 3 balls during a game.

I had a Switch 17 error, and that went away but the game is still doing it. I checked the switches and engagement of the actuators, and everything seems fine. I did change the bulb in the plunger button, but even if the issue was there I don't think that would cause another ball to kick out of the trough into the shooter lane...different switch. Either way, all the wires and actuator on the plunger button look fine. I did a switch edge test, and everything came up ok.

Any help or suggestions?

#5019 6 years ago

gotta be a switch. with all balls in trough, does it populate mist gate properly?

#5020 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

gotta be a switch. with all balls in trough, does it populate mist gate properly?

Actually no now that you mentioned it and I tested. It kicks the ball out of the gate (where it would normally just reload) and the magnet keeps running now. The plunger will pop out of the coil in the shooter lane, but it's not kicking an actual ball up to repopulate the mist gate.

#5021 6 years ago

you got a long opto issue, brah.

#5022 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

you got a long opto issue, brah.

You deal with that before? I pulled out the manual.

#5023 6 years ago

I coincidentally had the same issues after installing LEDs in my machine. It started out as intermittent mist issues and shooting out two balls (sometimes everything would work fine), but eventually mist wouldn't work at all. Tried replacing the opto board with no benefit, tried blocking and pulling LEDs to no avail, but replacing the receiver opto on the the left fixed all of my issues. Worth a shot if other troubleshooting fails. In test, I could see the transmitter opto working fine, but the receiver gave wonky results when trying to trigger with a remote control (during the mist/magnet test).

#5024 6 years ago

For the long opto issue, if you have recently switched to LEDs (at least this was the fix for my game) replace the 2 lamps near the upper opto with incandescent. For a quick test go underside with a nut driver if you don't want to pull everything off the topside, and just remove those bulbs to give it a try.

#5025 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

You deal with that before?

i think we all have.

#5026 6 years ago

I started a thread for this last night so I didn't clog this one up. Getting back to it later. Thanks for all the input so far.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-autoplunging-and-two-balls-that-didnt-sound-right-or-did-it#post-4195323

#5027 6 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

For the long opto issue, if you have recently switched to LEDs (at least this was the fix for my game) replace the 2 lamps near the upper opto with incandescent. For a quick test go underside with a nut driver if you don't want to pull everything off the topside, and just remove those bulbs to give it a try.

i had the same , bright led's interfear the long beam opto .

#5028 6 years ago

Damn u Dracula..im glad to see im not alone on this daily crusade to have no credit dots...never had this one before, dammit!

15171649007112141864707 (resized).jpg15171649007112141864707 (resized).jpg

#5029 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Damn u Dracula..im glad to see im not alone on this daily crusade to have no credit dots...never had this one before, dammit!

Common one for me. Switch behind the video mode drop target.

#5030 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Common one for me. Switch behind the video mode drop target.

Yeah, I've adjusted, readjusted, readjusted, readjusted it, and I still have the error coming out. Did it one more time, and fixed it. That thing is sensitive.

#5031 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Yeah, I've adjusted, readjusted, readjusted, readjusted it, and I still have the error coming out. Did it one more time, and fixed it. That thing is sensitive.

Yeah, exactly. Same here.

#5032 6 years ago

What about adjusting the long arm switch in the trough (1st position switch I think?). Mine keeps sticking so during multi-ball it'll keep kicking out and auto-plunging a new ball in if one goes in there, since it continually thinks a ball is there.

I've fiddled with it tons of times.... Do I need to just replace the small wire assemblies and get all new parts or something? Is it some maintenance nightmare I'm missing? It's really the only thing that keeps me from playing BSD all the time... halfway through a good game it sticks, and I have to turn everything off and fiddle with it to get it working again for a little while.

Thoughts? Know what I'm talking about?

#5033 6 years ago

I have a set of Convolux plastic protectors for my BSD. Problem is that the added thickness has now made the hardware too short. I'm talking about these: http://www.shop.freddys-pinball-paradise.de/index.php?f=3&q=convolux%206515 Do I have to buy additional hardware? Also I bought translucent star posts from pinballlife and they look like fossil amber. As in there is TONS of air pockets in the posts. I mean I won't see it but it looks pretty bad with light going through them. Does that happen often? Sorta thinking about returning them.

#5034 6 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

I have a set of Convolux plastic protectors for my BSD. Problem is that the added thickness has now made the hardware too short. I'm talking about these: http://www.shop.freddys-pinball-paradise.de/index.php?f=3&q=convolux%206515 Do I have to buy additional hardware? Also I bought translucent star posts from pinballlife and they look like fossil amber. As in there is TONS of air pockets in the posts. I mean I won't see it but it looks pretty bad with light going through them. Does that happen often? Sorta thinking about returning them.

I have them on mine, as I used to sell them at my old company. I had to get longer post screws for the slingshots, and I also had to redrill my right slingshot protector, as the holes were misaligned. I did email my contact back then, and they may have fixed it on the runs after.

As for the posts, I've heard about that before on some colors. I would return them instead of installing them and being unhappy afterwards.

IMG_5508 (resized).JPGIMG_5508 (resized).JPG
IMG_5509 (resized).JPGIMG_5509 (resized).JPG
IMG_0120 (resized).JPGIMG_0120 (resized).JPG

#5035 6 years ago

Should have a few of my coffin mods ready for this weekend. $180 shipped.

#5036 6 years ago

Does anyone make a BSD translate?

#5037 6 years ago
Quoted from Kas24:

I did a bit of searching last year and couldn't find anything.

It would be nice if someone did as i need a new one also.

#5038 6 years ago
Quoted from Kas24:

I've only seen the alternate one. Check with Jeff at Classic Arcades. He may have a few.

#5039 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Mine kicked my ass tonight...some good shots though. Man, this game is fast as hell all the time.
Had a credit dot, and then it disappeared. Haven't turned it on in a few weeks, so the switches definitely needed a workout. Every time I take a break from this pin and then come back to it, I remember why it's so awesome. Did I mention it kicked my ass?
» YouTube video

Colson... those speaker lights in your game. Are the pulsating?

#5040 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Colson... those speaker lights in your game. Are the pulsating?

Yup...like a heartbeat. It's one of the settings...thought it was fitting.

#5041 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Yup...like a heartbeat. It's one of the settings...thought it was fitting.

What kind of lights are you using?

#5042 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I've only seen the alternate one. Check with Jeff at Classic Arcades. He may have a few.

That alt translite is aweful .Someone needs to come up with a better design.

#5043 6 years ago
Quoted from Kas24:

In October of 2012 I purchased a really nice reproduction BSD translite from Arcade Overlays. I sold it to another Pinsider in February of 2016 as I had purchased it for wall art. The translite was very nice and looked great in my BSD.

http://www.arcadeoverlays.com/pinball-translites/

I see that the BSD reproduction translites are no longer on the above listed website, however you may want to reach out via the following email address to see if they have any BSD translites available.

[email protected]

Regards.

Gord

#5044 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

What kind of lights are you using?

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3281

IMG_5030 (resized).PNGIMG_5030 (resized).PNG

#5045 6 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

In October of 2012 I purchased a really nice reproduction BSD translite from Arcade Overlays. I sold it to another Pinsider in February of 2016 as I had purchased it for wall art. The translite was very nice and looked great in my BSD.
http://www.arcadeoverlays.com/pinball-translites/
I see that the BSD reproduction translites are no longer on the above listed website, however you may want to reach out via the following email address to see if they have any BSD translites available.
[email protected]
Regards.
Gord

Thanks Gord. Todd did have them 95 ship. Can't wait to get it.

#5046 6 years ago

Who made this topper?
Anyone have one they want to sell?

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#5047 6 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Who made this topper?
Anyone have one they want to sell?

Laserific makes this- contact Melissa Marquette at Cointaker, not sure it's on the website or not yet

#5048 6 years ago

Thanks!
Why is laserific closed?

#5049 6 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Thanks!
Why is laserific closed?

Joe had some health issues/concerns.....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/status-of-laseriffic

#5050 6 years ago

Man, hope Joe recovers quickly. Plus, this topper shouldn't become some collector's item due to scarcity!

Side note- mirrored out Drac today. Drac- don't look into the mirrors

IMG_20180211_193107 (resized).jpgIMG_20180211_193107 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,103 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/101?hl=kas24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.