17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg
20240314_090424 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240310_205042362 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240310_201837504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240310_205105814 (resized).jpg
20240307_151004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,135 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 223.
#4951 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Micro confirmed he will be making BSD playfields soon - great news

OMG This. I really need a new playfield.

#4952 6 years ago

New ramps will look great on a new playfield!

#4953 6 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

New ramps will look great on a new playfield!

i agree!

#4954 6 years ago

So about to join the club and bought the color DMD but just found out I need to buy a replacement panel bc original red went work? Is that true or can I use it with original? Replacement is another 100 and with the color being 420 520 is my breaking point and I would just return.

Also - thinking about side blades - not sure if mirror or standard. Thoughts?

that topper looks sick btw. I'm such a sucker for those.

#4955 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So about to join the club and bought the color DMD but just found out I need to buy a replacement panel bc original red went work? Is that true or can I use it with original? Replacement is another 100 and with the color being 420 520 is my breaking point and I would just return.
Also - thinking about side blades - not sure if mirror or standard. Thoughts?
that topper looks sick btw. I'm such a sucker for those.

Yeah you either need the clear or you would need to tape off and then try and remove the red which I have seen a video on but looked difficult. Also note, on the replacement, the blood is purple instead of Red, this didn't bother me since I pretty much have to have the colorDMD's that are compatible with any game I have.

#4956 6 years ago

Finally joined this club! Super excited.

#4957 6 years ago

i'm trying to get back in. my first return visit to a club. let me know if you're thinking of bowing out and local. ty.

#4958 6 years ago

For anyone wondering what the new topper looks like. Its very impressive just got mine today. Great work!!

20171221_170541 (resized).jpg20171221_170541 (resized).jpg

#4959 6 years ago
Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

For anyone wondering what the new topper looks like. Its very impressive just got mine today. Great work!!

That is great - decided to buy one....

#4960 6 years ago

so officially in the club. Very nice BSD - plays very well and super clean. Only question is volume. I know this game has a volume increaser during MB and other times but my game's background music seems to be at one volume and then the call outs and especially lightning after the drain is louder. I hooked up an external sub and the bass is def there but I have to max out the volume to hear it. Is this normal? Just seems like the volume for dracs call outs are def louder.....

#4961 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so officially in the club. Very nice BSD - plays very well and super clean. Only question is volume. I know this game has a volume increaser during MB and other times but my game's background music seems to be at one volume and then the call outs and especially lightning after the drain is louder. I hooked up an external sub and the bass is def there but I have to max out the volume to hear it. Is this normal? Just seems like the volume for dracs call outs are def louder.....

There's a setting for that.

#4962 6 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

There's a setting for that.

I think it's in the feature adjustments but that's to turn off volume going higher during mb. Is there another that changes the mixing volume? Or is what I'm describing normal? Just seems like call outs and sound effects are louder than background. Also pop bumper effects don't go off every time. Normal?

#4963 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

That is great - decided to buy one....

Do you have a URL for this topper to purchase?

Gord

#4965 6 years ago

i thought the same when i had my BSD, with the sound. it's more noticeable at lower volumes. there is a sweet spot you hit as you increase it and it seems to even everything out, but it was loud for my tastes. pinsound board .

#4966 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i thought the same when i had my BSD, with the sound. it's more noticeable at lower volumes. there is a sweet spot you hit as you increase it and it seems to even everything out, but it was loud for my tastes. pinsound board .

Thanks. Never experienced that before. Thanks for confirming it's normal.

#4968 6 years ago

Thanks for the link.

Gord

#4969 6 years ago

It is but DAMN it's expensive.

#4970 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It is but DAMN it's expensive.

Vs a $500 GB Ecto 1 topper? I'd gladly take this BSD topper over that one.

#4971 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Vs a $500 GB Ecto 1 topper? I'd gladly take this BSD topper over that one.

well the 500 stern toppers are so insanely overpriced I don't even think about them as possibilities!

#4972 6 years ago

btw I noticed that some games have plastics of the characters on the slings while others don't. Mine didn't come with them. Was that stock or a mod? Anyone know where you can get them without buying a set? Not sure I want but just curious if they're stock or not. I see conflicting pictures online.

#4973 6 years ago

Delt, they were prototype plastics. When the new plastic sets were made they were included. Think that is why you are seeing more games with them. I thought I remember seeing just those plastics for sale but can't remember where.
Keith

#4974 6 years ago
Quoted from kpull:

Delt, they were prototype plastics. When the new plastic sets were made they were included. Think that is why you are seeing more games with them. I thought I remember seeing just those plastics for sale but can't remember where.
Keith

nice - so the extra characters were the prototypes eh? Interesting. Not sure if I prefer with or without but I might look out for them. I'm going to start reading through this thread to see what the killer mods are for this game.

Yesterday was OK but today I'm starting to see the addictive nature. Seems like I should go left ramp always, never hit targets and the hit coffin asap when possible. Far right shot seems like sure why not. Still need to find out what that rat mode does. I just hope the routine doesn't get stale as I LOVE the theme, sound, etc. Just wish I could get the background music to be louder while keeping Drac and other effects like lightning not crazy loud (or keep BG the same but lower Lightning at the ball drain).....

#4975 6 years ago

Indeed, prototype plastics. In my humble opinion, there is a reason it never made it to the final game.

I know pinball center has them
In stock, if you... choose to... do.. that.

#4976 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

nice - so the extra characters were the prototypes eh? Interesting. Not sure if I prefer with or without but I might look out for them. I'm going to start reading through this thread to see what the killer mods are for this game.
Yesterday was OK but today I'm starting to see the addictive nature. Seems like I should go left ramp always, never hit targets and the hit coffin asap when possible. Far right shot seems like sure why not. Still need to find out what that rat mode does. I just hope the routine doesn't get stale as I LOVE the theme, sound, etc. Just wish I could get the background music to be louder while keeping Drac and other effects like lightning not crazy loud (or keep BG the same but lower Lightning at the ball drain).....

Rats and Bats are two very good hurry up modes that if you complete them you will be awarded that bonus after EVERY ball you drain. Also you can build those Rats/Bats bonus so they get pretty huge points to be awarded after every time you drain. Big points basically for free.

#4977 6 years ago

think i read somewhere winona didn't like her sling plastic, so they were scrapped.

#4978 6 years ago

Just curious, does anyone have a pinsound board in theirs?

#4980 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

Hi!
Im a new member and a proud owner of Bram Stokers Dracula
I have made a custom mix for the game using the pinsound soundboard.
I saw someone posted a work in progress video of it som days ago, but this version is on another level.
Check it out and please let me know what you think of it.
Not every sound is showcased in this video, but you get the idea
I have to wait for two days to post a link here, so please just search on you tube: dracua custom pinsound 1.1
Added 7 days ago: » YouTube video

Here is the link and an excellent example of pinsound board in BSD

#4981 6 years ago

Excited to join the club. Got some fun plans for him!

IMG_20171228_144711 (resized).jpgIMG_20171228_144711 (resized).jpg

#4982 6 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Looks like it is in great condition! Congrats

#4983 6 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Looks beautiful. And that is an outstanding 3-pin collection you have.

#4984 6 years ago

G’day Delt31, have a look at post 4850 for what I did with the speaker panel, works fine and saved a heap of cash, only cost $8 for the glass.

#4985 6 years ago
Quoted from Stumpy208:

Thanks again aobrien5, you were right concerning the location of the bulbs, all fixed now. The ghosting is happening on a few of the bulbs I just highlighted the coffin one, not much I can do about it I suppose.
For the speaker panel l actually cut out the red portion of it, you can see that in the picture with my hand coming through it. The colordmd had no glass like the original ( see comparison) so I got a pice cut to size and installed that onto foam around the cutout then a rubber spacer then the dmd. The end result is hard to pick, without knowing, that it is any different. Probably not suit the purists out there but hey it saved me $200.

Nice - didn't see this originally. Too bad this is even required but it def helps cut down the cost!

#4986 6 years ago

I’ve had mine for over a year but just got it set up tonight and worked out why the mist magnet stopped working... it was because a wire fell off. Also had to clean the left VUK opto. All good now. The game is just as fun as I always remembered it. Such a classic and some of the best dots and sounds in any pin ever made.

#4987 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Give this a watch. The first 25 mins or so are VERY helpful...Bowen always does some incredible tutorials, and in my opinion, the reason why this pin caught some incredible fire after about 2012 or so.

1 week later
#4988 6 years ago

For those with the Brock coffin mod that were interested in the switch covers (Ruins/LED Castle), I updated my thread and sale page today to offer a new version that will fit with some leeway for variations in fitment (thanks again to jazzmaster for help with test-fitting and photos).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-interactive-led-stained-glass-castle-switch-covers-mod-thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01377-interactive-castle-bram-stoker-s-dracula-bsd-switch-covers

Brock FIT (resized).jpgBrock FIT (resized).jpg

#4989 6 years ago

Looks great!!!

#4990 6 years ago

Looking for a BSD gameplay Pro. Sold one a few weeks ago that i hadnt had any issues with in my line up. Im told that when you have coffin and castle multiballs going and you get mist my game will go to next ball with the last ball of multiball still in play. Trough and all optos work fine during tests. Any thoughts??

#4991 6 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

Looking for a BSD gameplay Pro. Sold one a few weeks ago that i hadnt had any issues with in my line up. Im told that when you have coffin and castle multiballs going and you get mist my game will go to next ball with the last ball of multiball still in play. Trough and all optos work fine during tests. Any thoughts??

It's a trough or opto issue. Probably a flaky opto that works most of the time. Obviously the long throw opto is a common culprit here.

#4992 6 years ago

Thats what i have been thinking but it only happens once out of a bunch of games. Will optos work 99 percent of the time?? New owner said they didnt play that many games but they are scoring 1.5 bill and more so its getting played pretty well. It has happened 4 times in a month.

#4993 6 years ago

Game thinks ball is in mist gate i guess when last ball is still in play??

#4994 6 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

Game thinks ball is in mist gate i guess when last ball is still in play??

That's an indictation it's the long throw or left pocket opto. If there a cold solder joint somewhere it could act like that. Run the magnet test on repeat and see if you get any tips from that.

#4995 6 years ago

Mist motor suddenly stopped working. Getting magnet error left and magnet error right. Optos look good. What voltage should I be getting at the motor? On which wire, red or blue?

#4996 6 years ago

Doesn’t look like I’m getting voltage to either one

#4997 6 years ago

Ok. Not sure what happened but manually turned the motor then set it back on the right switch and now it works

#4998 6 years ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

Ok. Not sure what happened but manually turned the motor then set it back on the right switch and now it works

Mine was snagging occasionally on one of the screw heads holding the lexan "track" the motor slides across the pf in. When that happens it disables the motor until you resolve the issue. You may want to check those screws are as flush as possible.

#4999 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

Hi!
Im a new member and a proud owner of Bram Stokers Dracula
I have made a custom mix for the game using the pinsound soundboard.
I saw someone posted a work in progress video of it som days ago, but this version is on another level.
Check it out and please let me know what you think of it.
Not every sound is showcased in this video, but you get the idea
I have to wait for two days to post a link here, so please just search on you tube: dracua custom pinsound 1.1
Added 31 days ago: » YouTube video

I was thinking of adding the OST and other dialog from the movie w/Pinsound board but this is FANTASTIC!!!

#5000 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I was thinking of adding the OST and other dialog from the movie w/Pinsound board but this is FANTASTIC!!!

Thank you!
PM me and I'l send you a link to the most up to date version.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,135 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/100?hl=pkrobin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.