(Topic ID: 55607)

Bram Stokers Dracula

By Mister_Swede

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I am thinking to make with LED and fiberoptics create eyes in the skull and the house in the graveyard

The system i got is 12 v LED and fiberoptic cable is it dangerous to connect a 12 v LED to bulb connectors usually its 6 v there???

Next quiestion is i found a guy that had when thunder came there was flashing in the graveyard any one know where to connect?

Last question behind the graveyard there is a flash bulb in the back of playfield minne dont work the right side flash with Dracula works. When shall the left side flash?

#2 10 years ago

On mine I disconnected the flasher under the graveyard at the back of the machine and mounted a 555socket on top of the ramp facing the graveyard, it lights up when your bonus is being totaled (when you hear the lightning).

If your putting LEDs in certain areas, it's the resistors that govern whether you put to much voltage in and cook an LED. I bought a mix pack of single LEDs off eBay that came with a heap of resistors to choose from too. Used google and wired them into my G.I lighting in places like the rats hole and so forth.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from Mister_Swede:

is it dangerous to connect a 12 v LED to bulb connectors usually its 6 v there???

No, but it's likely the LEDs won't turn on with half their specified voltage. Also, the 6.3V is AC, whereas LEDs typically only turn on in one direction. Your kit may have bidirectional LEDs or two mounted in opposite polarities though.

#4 10 years ago

Many thanx il will post Pictures when fiber optics are mounted

#5 10 years ago

behind the graveyard there is a flash bulb in the back of playfield minne dont work

It tends to flash in alternating pattern with the other corner.

The system i got is 12 v LED and fiberoptic cable is it dangerous to connect a 12 v LED to bulb connectors usually its 6 v there?

You can get 12V from the coin door interface board (J4, pins 1 and 4) in the cabinet or from the backbox (J116 or J117, pins 2 and 3). If you don't want it to be lit when the general illumination is off, then you will need to use a transistor, relay, or PIG2 (http://dkpinball.com/) to control it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 84.99
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.